This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Broadway, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

On The Street......Broadway, New York

Comments on "On The Street......Broadway, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

gryffindor scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

Harry Potter?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 AM) : 

my roommate has that scarf. it's from american apparel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Where's the unusual sartorial aspect here? That scarf is a dime-a-dozen with the kids these days.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

WOW! Is that a scarf!? Where can i get one!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

i agree, harry potter.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:10 PM) : 

sometimes it is hard to describe why something is inspiring to me. I thought it was great how he could where the scarf with no hint of irony, my sense was that he was French (from his accent) so maybe he has a different perception of the colors.

There was also this meekness and tinyness about him, so different than a lot of American teenagers.

Sometimes a photo is about more than what is obvious

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

you post anyone who wears a scarf like it was a fetish.

I think your idea of what is fashionable or what makes an outfit is someone wearing a big scarf, or a man wearing a silk scarf in replacement of a tie, etc.

Come clean, and explain your street photo's a little more clearly.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Is there a problem with having a scarve fetish? I can think of worse things to fetishze (is that a word?)

secondly, it is winter in New York, everyone is wearing a scarf but some with more style than others.

finally, like I said before, sometimes it is more than the clothes. Look at the posture and how the shoulders roll forward, maybe this shot is more of a character study, so sue me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Come to small town Iowa...they're wearing the same thing here, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 AM) : 

fetishize.
and scarf.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:37 AM) : 

spelling fetish?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

anonymous...declare thyself....then get a life

 

Blogger SunshineCityLassie said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I was going to post a comment on how Harry Potter-ish the scarf is, and I figured every other comment would say the same. Instead, I got a nice little treat - reading the dialogue between the Sartorialist and Anonymous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

These photos are about more than just the scarf, or the color coordination of a woman's outfit.

It's about being inspired by a person's style, and about looking at their appearance as a portal to decipher their personality, their culture, their past.

It's about taking the elite, label-obsessed out of design, and studying true style for what it really is.

There is something about this young boy, his meek floppy hair, and tooth-less smile.
Photography is an art, and this blog is photography in its most raw, beautiful form.
Heading out onto the streets of NYC, the most stylist and inspiring city in the world, to photograph the amazing people who live there.

Have an open mind, and do as the Sartorialist does, go through life with open eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Okay, the scarf is obviously Harry Potter. However, he's really cute, too. This scarf just accentuates how cute he is.

Although my post name is Anonymous-- I'm not the same one as the one above.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Love It Those Are My School Colors

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

I think i have to shoot my dressing-room. I have to show you my collection of scarfs. I only like myself by wearing a scarf.
What i would say: I understand you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

unspeakably adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

- NEXT HARRY POTTER - , sure .

 

Anonymous Deb said ... (6:27 PM) : 

He's cute! Can I have his number?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

"Sometimes a photo is about more than what is obvious"

Couldn't agree more.
If I were the Sartorialist I would not even bother to argument with a person who asks if I have a freaking fetish with scraves, just because some of my great photos have people with them.
And you probably have like a dozen of scarves yourself just to look fashionable too ;D

Ines , portugal

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

does a/a sells that scarf?lol
i really didn't know that.
when i was young, i wanted to have one but now......................................

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

he's adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

I think he's a Spanish actor, and I just saw him in a movie called Unmade Beds...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Yes, it's Fernando Tielve

 

Anonymous Syafiqah said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Love the scarf! Truly Harry Potter-ish. Eye-catching. He's cute too so that's a plus point.

 

Anonymous melanie said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Ahhh! I didn't know that American Apparel carried Harry Potter gear. I must go now!!


melanie

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting