This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban Personal Appearance At Bergdorf Goodman

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 27, 2006

Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban Personal Appearance At Bergdorf Goodman

Last Friday night I was lucky enough to attend an intimate dinner for Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban that was hosted by the super-fabulous Michael Bastian and the equal fab Margaret Spaniolo , Senior VP, GMM of Bergdorf Goodman. I had a chance to sit next to Jean-Claude and considering that his family has owned Charvet for years and he is full of great stories, we talked for hours and fashion never came up - that is really weird for me! We talked about the internet ( I'm humbled to say he is a big fan of The Sartorialist), food, travel, food, books, food, and kids, a lot about kids and food.

I always expect people from really old companies to be a little out of touch with modern culture but I think a reason Charvet stays relevant is because Jean-Claude is so interested in what is modern. He told me about using one of his kids amime sketches as an inspiration for a Charvet tie pattern -to me, that's pretty cool.


Jean-Claude Colban giving a seminar on how to fold a seven-fold tie.


Margaret Spaniolo of Bergdorf giving the seven-fold a try.

The art installation outside the Charvet shop at Bergdorf

The adorable labels of the adorable children's Charvet shirts.

Every department needs a character

Comments on "Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban Personal Appearance At Bergdorf Goodman"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I was lucky enough to attend an inmate dinner for Charvet's Jean-Claude Colban

And he swore he was never going back to the joint again :) Beautiful, beautiful ties, though.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I need to drop spellcheck and get idiotcheck

Thanks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Who is the cute guy watching Margaret fold the silk?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

He's the Buyer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

What kind of food did you guys talk about? French or American? Haute or home cooking?

Your piece reminds me of a chapter I read in Peter Mayle's "Acquired Tastes", awhile ago, on the author's experience getting a bespoke shirt made at the flagship on Place Vendôme. Sounds like the kind of fun I'd like to try sometime...

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:26 PM) : 

One of the funniest things he said was that sometimes he checks to see what he has in the refrigerator and then enters the items in the internet (google I guess) for recipes with those items.

 

Blogger M said ... (9:04 PM) : 

I love your photos, they really express your love for the clothes and the people.

 

Blogger The G Manifesto said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I love that stack of pocket squares.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

What kind of suit was Mr. Colban wearing? Was it an Oxxford?

 

Blogger The Blasphemous Fiendess said ... (2:10 PM) : 

I love the department character. Old man style is my favourite of your photo categories. I love faces, especially ones with character.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting