This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

How Much Cuff?

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 24, 2006

How Much Cuff?

I think we are all pretty much in agreement on how much shirt cuff to show under a jacket but ,as seen on this blog, the amount of jean cuff to show is still widely variable.

The amount shown here seems to work for me.

Comments on "How Much Cuff?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

thst level of hair gel terrifies me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

he looks like serge gainsbourg auditioning for danny zuko.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

A certain type of denim smob might add that you should only cuff jeans if they have a (shuttle loom) woven selvage line.

Of course, that'd make them a complete wanker.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

If you don't look at his head, I like the whole look. Love the dark denim, agree that that is the perfect amount of cuff showing for jeans and I like the boots. I think that amount of cuff on jeans is very masculine, not an easy thing to pull off when cuffing your jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

proper amount? 0.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

I think 1/4" is the ideal length for cuffs to peak out under a jacket, and the cuff on pants really depends on the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

When it comes to denim, throw out the playbook.

 

Blogger Max said ... (11:25 PM) : 

I agree with alexandre. However, I don't cuff because it only works on slim-legged jeans that tend to accentuate the non-slim nature of my torso.

 

Blogger Arbiter Elegantiae said ... (2:54 AM) : 

Is that the editor of the Australian GQ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I am a cuffer. I only have one pair of jeans that I don't cuff so obviously I feel that this wearer's cuffs are perfect. That's the size I wear mine, about 1.5-2". And I agree that cuffs look better on slim or at least straightleg jeans. I like his overall look, it's something I could have put on this morning...EXCEPT the hair. Thumbs down to the locks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM) : 

nicely dressed but badly groomed this IS the publisher at Australian Vogue. needs to rethink his grip on the outdated hair do & a shave wouldn't hurt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

It is Grant Pearce
Editor of GQ, AUS

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting