This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Fantastic Man-gazine

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Fantastic Man-gazine

I finally got my first issue of Fantastic Man,

At $20 a pop I just couldn't pull the trigger on buying one myself but a friend , Cesar Padilla (owner of Cherry Vintage) who wrote a piece for the latest issue gave me a copy.

I have not made it all the way through but I just finished the cover story on Stefano Pilati of YSL and it was really great!

Written by the multi-talented Tim Blanks with photos by superstar photo team Inez and Vinoodh (I'm not going to try the last names!) i now have a new appreciation for Mr Pilati. I have always liked his work, especially men's, but he always seemed a little stiff to me but the photos make him seem so much younger and more modern than I have ever seen him. I emailed Tim the tell him how much I liked the piece and he confided how intense the interview was - Tim has one of those happy faces that i guess people feel comfortable opening up to.

I hope as distribution increases, the price comes down but the more I pick up the magazine and find something new to love I think I will feel less hesitant to buy the next issue.

Comments on "Fantastic Man-gazine"

 

Blogger COACD said ... (5:56 PM) : 

sweets, Fantatsic Man has been around for awhile. Im sure Frame Noir will send you comps.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:18 PM) : 

sweets, I know it has been around but my point was that I had never seen enough to justify the $20 price tag - but maybe I was wrong.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:13 PM) : 

Was that the one with Stefano Pilati on the cover?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:14 PM) : 

yes

 

Blogger MrWynn said ... (8:36 AM) : 

What I like best about the magazine is that it respects my intelligence. None of this "you should wear a jean jacket under your blazer!" nonsense. Not that wearing a jean jacket under your blazer is a bad idea, but it certainly is bad fashion advice to give to all the men in America at once.

The feeling that the creators are intelligent people who care passionately about fashion really comes through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

CHERRY VINTAGE IS AMAZING! the one over here in west hollywood has some of the most beautiful clothes i've ever seen. it's like a museum in there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 AM) : 

Fantastic Man isn't available here or I'm just not looking hard enough at the import bookstores.

You call Tim Blanks "Tim"?! Haha. He reviews almost all of the European shows at Men.Style, I'm such a fan. And Stef Pilati's really good, but I'm more inclined on his womenswear though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I bought my copy of Fantastic Man at American Apparel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Is Fantastic man available at more run-of-the-mill bookstores like Borders or B&N? Where else can I check out a copy? Thx.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting