This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......The Working Womens Wardrobe p2

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 31, 2006

On The Street......The Working Womens Wardrobe p2

Comments on "On The Street......The Working Womens Wardrobe p2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

As a working woman, I would feel decidedly uncomfortable in this outfit - the long cuffs with the short pants would make me feel top heavy or something.
The colors are nice, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

what happened to the quality of your pictures?

 

Blogger Vesper Lynd said ... (1:55 PM) : 

i agree with the above; at least some more stylish flats or kitten heels, unless she has the more uncomfortable pair stowed away in her bag. the colors are nice, but the top looks more formal than the bottom.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

the "look-like-a-man" approach for working women went by the wayside a long time ago, thank god. it looks like she's in a men's jacket.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:07 PM) : 

More than anything else, I love, love, love the long cuffs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I agree with the previous post. Also I think the ankle biters are unflattering for most women.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:36 PM) : 

to Anon 1:53
this was a fast sidestep to a loading problem
with blogger

I will be refining it over the next day

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:37 PM) : 

you can nitpick the details but this woman has major style

I bet when she leaves a meeting she is remembered -hopefully for all the right reasons

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

a beautifully-cut blazer. i tend to agree with the contrasting formality in the look... i would lose the blazer... a crisp white shirt does it for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

She looks familar...has she been on here before? Or maybe, it was that woman who was wearing Domenico Vacca I believe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

The tapered legs, low waist do indeed make her look top heavy, but I like her "Well yes, I am an UES bourgeoise. See you at Settemezzo" attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Dear Sart ,agree with you about this woman having style,but I'm a working woman too and i have to say,i agree more with the girls who posted comments about they prefering more modern and feminine looks.

Love you the same,

Pata.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:25 PM) : 

I'm not suggesting this is the only way a working woman should dress but it is an option, especially with so many doing femme work wear so poorly

Often a look is either too frumpy or too sexy - I am really shocked by some of the outfits i see in the offices during this summer - cover up young lady!

 

Blogger normanack said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Love your site, am learning tons. Thanks!

Do you give fashion advice? I mean, your pictures are the ultimate in fashion advice, but I mean answering specific questions.

love again --

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:52 PM) : 

I wonder about what is the proper proportion for a jacket of this kind, with pants of those kind? I like the look - on her. But I would not be honest if I didn't question the addition of the crisp white pocket square ... To me, anyway, it is just too much with the handbag, and the very nicely done long cuffs.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (7:32 PM) : 

I actually like the jacket & shirt beacuse of daring to look masculine in summer time. I would choose so sexy heels though or flats. The mocasins are (this time) to casual in contrast to the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Stylish professional clothing for women is difficult to find...

The pics in this blog reflect that phenomena - impeccably dressed men, hipsters, 'creative' profs. sweet young things in girly dresses...but very few prof women that have a modern/contemp flare.

I'd love to see more sartorial inspiration in this gap! Surely NYC has some role models for me in this niche!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (8:07 PM) : 

very preppy...its quite typical isnt it..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

My fiancee is always at a loss when shopping for professional attire in the US.

It's either cheaply made (synthetic city) or too casual (especially if you work in a more corporate environment). Europe has a lot more to offer in that "better" to "bridge" category of professional womenswear and even the designer stuff - both in terms of style, choices, quality and femininity. Paris and Milan in particular. She always goes and buys work-shirts when she's there (and lots of non-work stuff of course).

For example... Her, imho, hottest suit is from D&G and can be warn with quite some success in the US board room as well.

 

Blogger b said ... (9:24 PM) : 

very much like the cut of the jacket... not sure bout the capri's however. she has style though... can't deny it.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (9:27 PM) : 

I agree that this is a great option for this particular type of woman for work - I'm imagining how hot it must be, yet she looks so chic and pulled together. I generally look extremely wilted and flushed in summer - this woman looks chic and ready to go and well-ironed. And yes, I think part of that is the detail of the cuffs.

 

Blogger Distar said ... (10:34 AM) : 

is this a recent pic? All fashion love aside- isn't she boiling in this 100degree weather in that blazer??

 

Blogger Kelli said ... (12:27 PM) : 

She looks like she could be from New Canaan, Connecticut - all prepped out. Her style doesn't do anything for me because it seems a bit unbalanced with casual pants and shoes and a tailored shirt & jacket. I give her credit for trying to look professional despite the heat & humidity.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

This look is for the confident woman. Do not try it if you are too self conscious. I love it. It screams power and feminity at the same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 AM) : 

Hermès bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I lived in Paris from 1990 to 2000, and this is exactly how French young, well-to-do mothers dressed at that time. If there was a uniform look for what to wear when you collected your children from school, this was it. Capris, either ballerina flats or Tod's, Hermes accessories and a blazer (to show that you were polished and chic) were de rigeur, at least at my children's school.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Think the cropped pants with the tailored jacket and long cuffs are unbalanced, I agree with someone saying topheavy. I see two different outfits if this gets split at the middle but like both just not together. Work wear for women is very tough, especially in my conservative environment, please post more shots to show more options.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

She looks too much like a walking ad for Hermes...

 

Blogger Cook said ... (5:52 PM) : 

this look is hot. i bet she looks great and feels comfortable when she takes her blazer off when she gets in the office. i definitely want her handbag too. i love it.

 

Blogger Trendy Socialite said ... (9:35 AM) : 

I love this look! I think it depends on what your style is. According to the Budget Fashionista, this would fall between Trendy and Socialite...which is what I am, a Trendy Socialite. Isn't that name just delicious?!?!?!?! I work in a more laidback environment where this look would be perfect.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting