This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street... Brown Jersey Dress, Farmers Market

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, August 18, 2006

On The Street... Brown Jersey Dress, Farmers Market

I have seen so many "little brown dresses" this summer. Did I miss the memo that said brown dresses make a tan looki better?

Comments on "On The Street... Brown Jersey Dress, Farmers Market"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Okay, I'm going to attempt to answer the brown question . . . could it be the J. Crew effect? My teen-aged daughters shop there, and chocolate brown seemed to sell well there. Of course, that wouldn't explain brown's popularity in Gotham. Perhaps it really does have something to do with a tan.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (7:39 PM) : 

brown is the new black....but black is the new brown.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (10:56 PM) : 

she looks great! great posture!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I wear a lot of brown. It's more natural looking, and makes you seem more friendly. Also, it does make me look a lot darker.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Sart, I was just looking at the Fashion & Style section of tomorrow's NYT and Bill Cunningham's photo spread. The subject is streets filled with black, of course, and brown, which was very fashionable in the 1930's.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (1:22 PM) : 

speaking as a redhead, i love the brown phenomenon. i'd also like to mention that brown doesn't just complement tans, it also complements the slight 'burnishing' and additional freckling that passes for tans among we MC1R-recessive folk....

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (7:30 PM) : 

As someone who cannot ever, EVER tan (unless going an uncomfortable lobster pink counts as a "tan"), I have to say that a good chocolate brown works for me, too - tan or no tan.

It also works for my sister, who doesn't tan either, but isn't quite as pink as I am. She has a light brownish tint under her freckles, unlike my pink.

This all leads me to conclude that chocolate brown is one of God's gifts. Is there anyone who doesn't think they look good in brown - and why not?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 AM) : 

ha! that is so funny...i just bought one of these a couple weeks ago.

i typically prefer black, and i hate hate hate "chocolate" brown, but if you find the right shade...the little brown dress does truly bring out the tan!

i really don't think black is the new brown...at least, i really hope not.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 PM) : 

My wife looks smashing too in brown. I approve!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

I think brown looks less dour in the summer. Less like a Sicilian mamma in a neo-realist flick, ya know what I mean?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting