This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Outside Catherine Malandrino

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Outside Catherine Malandrino


Sorry for the late post - problem uploading photos this morning

Comments on "Outside Catherine Malandrino"

 

Blogger Michele said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Really not a fan of the 'leggings' look... but this photo pushes me to flip 180 degrees. Love it! Also: I absolutely love your blog. Keep it goin'!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Hello Dear Sart,

Aren't you going to be in London?
I know you've told us, but although i'm sure about Mailano, don't know about anymore.
I hope so!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

she looks great - so great that I even forgive her for the failure to wear proper stockings... and that's a first!

 

Blogger lauracrow said ... (12:26 PM) : 

love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Love the photo. Love her bemused expression, her hair style for her face. The dress is lovely. The leggings and the shoes appear too heavy for the dress, for my taste...I'd prefer her skin there and some lighter heels...but that's me, a seeker of balance. ("Libra at the nadir", an astrologer once informed me.) I wonder what others will say...we'll see, won't we? - JCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Love, love, love this dress. I would much rather see it with tights, because I feel like the leggings make it choppy, but amazing look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

a part of me is "ewww--too much vivienne westwood' ad another part is gleeing joyfully... this outfit is a guyilty pleasure. leggings should be out right now, its soo eighties--but its still awesome.

 

Blogger klara. said ... (1:05 PM) : 

cute dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I would lose the leggings. Love the dress, bag & shoes, but hate hate hate the leggings. She has a very French look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I know this girl well... and she always looks amazing, even on a slouchy sunday afternoon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

I adore the dress, the bag, the haircut. Very french gamine on holiday in london. But the leggings and the shoes! PLEASE, can we put an end once and for all the leggings and wedges? I can't say how many times I've seen a beautiful ensemble ruined by one or both of these fashion disasters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

are those the louboutin miss boxe wedge?

 

Blogger RoseAG said ... (3:20 PM) : 

I don't think leggings are for me, but I like this.

The dress looks 'heavy', and then is sleeveless. So I like the dark stockings, with the open feet. Like sleeveless feet.

 

Blogger John and Beatrice said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Delightful channeling of Charlotte Gainsbourg type style. Instead of 52nd Street, the backdrop could have easily been a rainy Rue du Faubourg. I do detect one minor oversight here. Our girl needs an umbrella. Afterall, a parapluie is just another wonderful excuse to accessorize.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Love the look, looks so fresh with the leggings and shoes...with bare legs and high heeled strappy shoes it wuld also look lovely but totally different and more classic. The leggings give it a modern edge.

 

Blogger Carissa Duhamel said ... (4:36 PM) : 

This is absolutely lovely, look at that dress and those shoes! I'm just not a fan of leggings.

 

Blogger Girl of Approval said ... (5:27 PM) : 

I agree that she should ditch the leggings. They make everyone look weird and choppy. Plus, the shoes are much to wedgy for the dress.
But cute all the same.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (5:34 PM) : 

She looks just great ... her smile underlines her style. But the shoes? Not really gorgeous ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

I love that shoes!!!!!!!!
For luck I saw it in Buenos Aires!
NOELIa (from Bs. As., Argentina)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

i would normally consider the word "cute" to be anything but a compliment when applied to a woman, but this is an exception. she's very cute and still very sexy -- coy. the particulars of her outfit are almost irrelevant, her attitude is all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

Great look! Does anyone know where I can get those lovely shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

I love the shoes. They keep the dress from looking prissy and conservative.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

it was rainy (note the umbrellas), so i think we all ought to forgive her for wanting to wear something on her legs under the adorable dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

I agree with you Lorna. Leggings should be worn with a simpler, more tunique like dress (preferably with a higher waistline). This one, would shine on its own.

but great pics, sa always.

A

PS: Also, the problem with the leggings, is that if they can be a frightful disaster if worn wrongly...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 AM) : 

I love the shoes!! And the big bag... And the photo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

she is supreme. i normally loathe leggings but her sweet countenance makes it forgivable. WORK.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Ok-- I like the look as a whole. I'm not a fan of the leggings or shoes on their own, but I think it works beatuifully together. I do wish she had a touch of color somewhere, though.... Maybe the bag.

 

Blogger Fernanda Guedes said ... (10:50 AM) : 

What a look! It takes a lot of attitude to dress like that. And I love the leggings, it's that kind of "kinky touch" that makes her look so special.
BTW, I a-do-re your new camera!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Adorable. The leggings keep this from being a cliché and those shoes make me positively woozy with desire. I don't know if I'll be doing the leggings this season (following the maxim of not wearing things the second time they're popular if you are old enough to have worn them the first), but with the right look they're so young and fun.

 

Blogger fashion in theory said ... (3:47 PM) : 

love the dress!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

love the look. she has something really impish going on. :-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:15 PM) : 

it's a No,
it's just too whimsical...
too bottom heavy...
and age inappropriate

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

i want that dress and her hair is too cute. I wouldn't have picked those shoes but i suppose that's what makes it different and quirky.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I hate leggings too BUT that's the whole point of her style and it works for her. If she were wearing hose or normal shoes, she'd just be wearing a tasteful outfit. The leggings and the wedges make her personal style and she can rock it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

aimtx, I'm suffering the same dilemma: Having lived through leggings once (and by "lived," I mean that I was plenty old enough to have chosen them for myself--heck, I even had a JOB and could have bought them for myself, I'm that old), is it appropriate for me to go there again?

But I'm always freezing in the fall and winter. And my legs aren't too bad. Must...not...give in....*gasp*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

First time posting, long time fan.

What does everyone have against leggings? Granted I know people often screw up wearing them, but I think this whole look is RIGHT ON!

I think the leggings and their "kinky touch" balance perfectly with her hair style and color.

I'm 34 so maybe I am a dash too young to loathe this look from the 80's.
I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I like the leggings. Makes the outfit chic rather than bland.
Nice

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting