This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist / Saks Fifth Avenue Windows and Events

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Sartorialist / Saks Fifth Avenue Windows and Events

I am so proud to announce that The Sartorialist is going to be featured in the windows of Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City from October 16th-23rd !!!

I just finished selecting the images before I left for Europe and I have to say I'm pretty excited. It is like my first retrospective. I tried to choose a really great mix of styles/ races/ages etc except it is all mens images which brings me to my next announcement.


Beginning in San Francisco on Saturday the 14th of October I will begin a series of events with Saks Fifth Avenue - a kind of "An Evening with The Sartorialist featuring....". The first in San Fran will Jean-Claude Colban of Charvet.

I will conduct a short interview with Jean-Claude, the audience can ask questions, and I will present Jean-Claude with questions that have been emailed to me before the event. Of course I will photograph the event and the (hopefully super-stylish) audience and will post the replies of Jean-Claude to the questions you have emailed.



The second event will be at Saks New York with Michael Bastian on Oct 17th.

Michael is very passionate about his work and his journey to his current position of hot(tie) New York menswear designer is actually quite interesting.
Again I hope we have a great turn out of The Sartorialist fans. I will announce any further events as they are confirmed.

If these events go well they could expand for the Spring and give me a chance to not only visit more stores but also to shoot for my blog in even more cities around the United States.

Comments on "The Sartorialist / Saks Fifth Avenue Windows and Events"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 AM) : 

Congratulations ! It sounds really exciting !
I've been reading your blog for months and i find interesting to see how what seemed to be a nice hobby now gets into a full-time job. I'm glad for you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

excellent! count me in at saks in nyc!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

This sounds really awesome! You MUST come to Washington DC!

P.S. I love your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Will these events be by invitation only?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I can't wait to see the resulting photos! The visit to your blog has turned into one of the highlights of my day. It lets me feel like I travel a little each day and see people and places I would not normally see. Thanks for the journey!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (1:39 PM) : 

the event at Saks is for everyone.

For Fall it will be just mens events but if it goes well I would love to do women's events because that is my background.

I hope my fantastic women's audience will also make it to the mens events this Fall

I think it will make for great photos and I want to try and capture a little of the style of each city

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Congratulations--and I can't wait to see your street style photos of San Francisco!

 

Blogger Tense Past said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Sart,

You should do a talk at the Apple Store while you're in San Francisco. Part slide show, part tech explanation.

 

Blogger Casey MacKenzie Johnson said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I'm so there in SF!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

awesome! and the first one is in SF? i will absolutely be there, even though it's on men's fashion. :-) how can one pass up an opportunity to see the sartorialist in person? can't wait to see you start doing women's events also.

again, congrats sart. your blog is a model for all those who hope to take their passion (whether it be fashion or anything else) and turn it into their livelihood. what i especially appreciate is your honesty (no advertisements masquerading as editorials here), and your respect of all opinions and voices. plus, boy do you have an EYE!

 

Blogger annie said ... (6:46 PM) : 

i can't wait for you to shot pics of people in sf!

 

Blogger fashion in theory said ... (8:13 PM) : 

congrats! i'm not moving back to nyc until december so i hope you WILL do more events in the new year...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

Michael is awesome, I talked with him for about 20 min in the Saks store while he was in there freshing up his merchandising.

 

Blogger Max said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Oh what will I wear?

 

Blogger abovo99 said ... (3:22 AM) : 

Wow...this is exciting...i'll see you in SF.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

wow Congrats, that's so exciting!

 

Blogger Carla said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Very exciting--what time is the SF event? Saks doesn't have the info on its website.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Have you thought about heading up to Boston, to Louis?

 

Blogger Maureen said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Please come to Chicago! We need some good news since Marshall Field's was invaded by the Macy's Borg.

 

Blogger Kim said ... (5:31 PM) : 

congrats! can't wait to see you at the sf event!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting