This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Camo/Plaid, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, December 28, 2006

On the Street......Camo/Plaid, Paris


I love the camoplaid mix with the old school earphones.

Comments on "On the Street......Camo/Plaid, Paris"

 

Blogger Carla said ... (8:28 AM) : 

me gusta el estilo de este chico...saludos desde La Serena Chile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

I got dizzy looking at this guy.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:19 AM) : 

This is a brilliant mix; no saying exactly why it works, but it certainly does.

And the diminutive jacket...somehow piquant AND masculine....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

It's inventive!

I think what holds this together is that the jacket and pants appear to have a similar slim fit.

I think a dark T would be the shirt to wear with this, since I can't really tell what he looks like on front.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Oh my. This guy needs a scarf to make it complete. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Hot mix and match. Funny how so few pull together or venture into this territory.

Onward!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

originality done well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

he does it well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I must admit, this is the very first time I disagree with you. I find this look most awful! It's just visual noise. I like the big earphones, but it simply does not save the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

The outfit looks silly in my opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Didn't you repost this pix in an earlier post? Even so, this guy is all about making a statement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Those look to me like Bose headphones

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

That is so rad. I'd never mix those prints but the dissonance really works.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I doubt he was attempting to make a sartorial statement when he got dressed. More likely that he just pulled on what was there.

That said, he did manage to achieve an uncontrived look that actually works, as opposed to all of the contrived uncontrived looks you normally see.

He looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Not exactly old skool headphones -- those are Bose QuietComfort noise canceling phones. Not sure I am down with the look, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

This image is not full size

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Hot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Wow... Your blog inspires me :) I'm not into fashion so much as photography... But even then... I'm stunned...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

probably my two most hated patterns combined in one look. However, I must admit that the jacket seems like it may have been alright if paired with something other than camo pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Ok, I'm no sartorialist. My basic wardrobe is yoga pants and a t-shirt. But...No, No, No, No, NO!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

havent you already posted this ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

I'm pretty sure those are Bose Triports, not oldschool headphones.

The jacket is _great_. The pants are, well, camo pants, but they work with the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

i don't particularly like camo, but the cut of his pants are nice, and work well with the shoes and jacket. his stance is good for the shoes too.
ATWR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

rock on...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Oooh, stylee, stylee. Wish the pattern matched across the center seam on the jacket and think more original/unusual kicks would have been in order, but he's got the physique and pulls off an original--bold?--look rather well. To me, it's the pants and jacket that are old skool and the Bose headphones that are mod.
In short, I'm with butch (at 9:19am) on this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I don't know if I would have mixed like that...
But he really looks cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

Yes. Definitely like it. Very forward.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

A little too much going on. But the headphones are so badass.

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (9:01 PM) : 

beautiful shot. period.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:20 PM) : 

yes
I have posted this before but on Style.com
I loved the look so I wanted to post it here.

they make it difficult to find the blog after a while so I like to make sure some of my favorite shots are here on my site

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 AM) : 

Sart said: "I have posted this before but on Style.com. I loved the look so I wanted to post it here."

Good grief, thank you. I thought I was losing my mind.

This is one of those outfits that you have to appreciate but not necessarily attempt.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 AM) : 

it's good. the fit of the pants is nice and slim

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Love the jacket. Hate the pants. Am I the only one who notices that cammo is an unforgivably ugly pattern?

 

Blogger Three Repute said ... (2:26 PM) : 

his feet are barely touching the ground.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

Fashionfanatic60 said...

Oh. My. God. If this is wrong, I don't want to be right. This man is so cool it's beyond comprehension. Nothing should work, but somehow it all does. I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

Dizzy is right - I'm not too fond of the combination. He looks like he just picked up what he saw first in his closet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I normally hate camo, but somehow this guy pulls it off. If someone mentioned a camo and plaid combo to me I'd either laugh or cry, but man, this guy's so hot. I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

Sart,

How can you BE so disingenuous?

Maybe the Sartorialist should be divided into two sections between your truly good taste - see the Italians above - and this kind of nonsense?

I must admit, it's clever of you to avoid the face of your subject when exposing such awful choices...reminiscent of the black rectangle superimposed on photographs to hide the subject's eyes/identity.

The photo is great. The look is just atrocious, lacking in any measure of proportion and balance. Attention-getting, yes. Beautiful - no.

Send in the Fashion Police! Or call in the Italians to help this guy with his awful combination!

- JCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 AM) : 

"lokks like he just picked what was in his closet" - that means effortless...it does not mean it has no style. He looks stylish because it all fits together and fits well on his body-no loose pants that drop almost to street level, snug jacket etc. Great urban look. And one adopted by many young men around Europe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Love it!

The best part is that he does look extremely fun!

He keeps consistency in the palette of color, as rhythmic as the music he might be listening to.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Italian lover: Not all italians dress well my friend,
and well dressed in general is matter of opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Italians are often shockingly badly dressed (gilt, bad loafers etc etc etc) - as are a percentage of all nationalities probably.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting