This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....Tough Love, Downtown

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, December 22, 2006

On The Street.....Tough Love, Downtown

Comments on "On The Street.....Tough Love, Downtown"

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (7:35 AM) : 

EXcellent shopping outfit. Comfortable yet funky. I love that super-long hoodie with the little leather vest. The gold/silver boot/bag mix is cool too. She's gorgeous.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (7:36 AM) : 

The shiny vest and the metallic booties are great counterpoints to the rest of the outfit. Her sleek hair adds to the mix.

 

Blogger CASPOP said ... (9:22 AM) : 

gorgeous shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

She's adorable and she's got all the trends nailed down.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I gotta add more shine to my wardrobe. One gold or silver piece can add so much to a simple ensemble!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

i love everything except the shoes and the purse, nor do i like the mix of the two colors in one outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

She's pulled it all together really well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

She looks like an updated Naomi!!! Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I love this- Especially the layered hoodie and vest with the gold shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I like the short dress with the tights.

Don't know what I think about bronze AND silver. I like metallics as an accent, but this may be more variety than I'd do.

The good thing is that she hasn't overdone the outfit. If you're going to go multi-accent then the dark outfit is the right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Strong and sexy. Neither pigeon-toes nor skinny chicken legs on her. Some NYC fashionistas do have muscles after all, and it looks like Soho too. Love the metallic theme, and even the leggings look pretty good here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Her skin is flawless and even it doesn't take away the kind of elfin look of her ensemble. I just don't like this look because it hovers too closely to sloppy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

oh my...i adore those boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

oh she has my dreamshoes!!! altough I want them Marc Jacobs in black, she pulls off the golden ones great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

This is the second time I have seen that purse on this blog. I still think it is too big, but then again, I am not one to favor hauling a big bag like that. The closest thing to a "purse" anyone will see me carry is my cousin's diaper bag (if I am babysitting) or my camera bag.

Even then, I always try to keep my belongings to the bare minimum (keys and small wallet for cash and cards) so I can put it into a pocket. With so many people out shopping this time of the year, I just don't want to take chances on getting robbed.

 

Blogger raphownsyou said ... (3:40 PM) : 

she looks awesome, i love it

marc jacobs boots

:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Fabulous look from a lovely woman...Cortni, I miss you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Beautiful girl.
Beautiful, beautiful legs.

Ugly, ugly boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Love a strong black woman! Awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Puff sleeved hoodie tunic (by Rojas?) - so classically comfortable but of-the-moment. Want it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

For some reason I think the shoes killed the whole outift. But aside from the shoes it's a very cute look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

the bag... what a beautiful bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

i love how hip hop is incorporated into her personal style, i don't think enough people come up with their own shit these days. one of my favorites.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

i've been seeing those crazy, moon shoe/snow boot/high heel/metallic boots around town recently. where are they from? they are pretty cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

love the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

I like her vest... and that's just about it. Those are some ugly looking boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 AM) : 

holy crap, those shoes are incredible!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

mmm, i love this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Sort of a Naomi Campbell look to her. I don't know if I like the shoes ( I certainly couldn't carry them off), but she looks good in a specific way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

What a presence! Always proud of my fellow Black ladies. While I'm not a fan of the boots - though she can definitely pull them off - I commend you (and her) for recognizing that you can be a fashionable lady and have a some meat on your bones. I'm real tired of girls with no shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:23 AM) : 

To me the boots look a little bit Star Trek but they lift the outfit out of the ordinary. she is one hot 'don't mess with me' mama

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

I love the black on black and gold boots. Tres funky and comfty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Fashionfanatic60 says...

I love the way she put this together - the proportions are great - but I would have loved it even more with the bag *or* the boots. Worn together, it's way too trendy for my taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

She's better than Naomi.

I think her bag is Helmut Lang, I THINK. I had wanted to get one myself that looked just like it but was all black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 AM) : 

i love the marc jacobs too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

that's cortni tuck! she does special events at conde nast! she's a superwoman :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

I cannot express how much i love this outfit. The short sleeves over long sleeves thing works so well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

God how I love the sistas representing on this blog. I would kill for those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

bag is sigerson morrison. love the look.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting