This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Etro....Knit Jacket w/ Fur Collar

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

At Etro....Knit Jacket w/ Fur Collar



I love this knit jacket with the fur collar. Notice that the fur is different in the front and back.

Comments on "At Etro....Knit Jacket w/ Fur Collar"

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (8:23 AM) : 

I guess this would be the definition of the phrase you mentioned "drama in the back". ;o)

I really like the coat, but what I'm really digging about the style in Paris is they pay attention to detail when it comes to their outfits, but their hair is completely undone. I'm the same way and so it's nice to see others who put the effort into their ensemble, but don't spend hours doing their hair. There's something very casual chic about that.

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (9:07 AM) : 

The different furs front to back is cool. But I just have to wonder why.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (9:10 AM) : 

What a fab coat. I love the drama in the back and that placket that's holding all that ease in the back. Must be a vintage coat with that patchwork fur collar. It's all in the detail.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Would love this jacket if it didn't have that fur collar.

The band across the back is cool--those were big in the 80s, if I recall correctly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Love! that jacket...it could be just Etro...the fur, the details...really amazing!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Thank you for showing the back view, it's beautiful and looks quite tailored with the belt.

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (12:58 PM) : 

That is a very beautiful jacket! Love the fur, too. (could use one like that!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Indeed, it's a prime "drama in the back."

Even if I liked fur though I would not like this outfit.

The top doesn't match the bottom in terms of shading and her face is so underdone that it makes the jacket look so overdone (I do wonder though if it could ever look anything but "overdone").

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

It somewhat amuses me to read the comments your blog-guests leave on the American vs European way of dressing. It seems many think that we are chainsmoking, fur-wearing fashionistas with unpretentious hair. That's OK though, I really don't mind. I like fur.
I would be really interested in what you would say about the people in cities like Copenhagen and Stockholm. The Scandinavians have their own twist to European fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Fur, yes or no?

 

Blogger andrea said ... (3:57 PM) : 

How is this possible? Beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

My god, the fashion shows for autumn/winter are boring this year ! Luckily we have you, Scott and your blog to keep us updated on what people are wearing in the streets - much more interesting then what's happening on the catwalks !

 

Blogger Persephone said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's an interesting idea, but its off I think...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

It's the rarely seen Mullet Jacket: Business in the front, party inthe back.

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (5:23 PM) : 

It's like a fur labyrinth. I want to get inside and see if there's a mini-David Bowie inside.

 

Blogger mareGa said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Not a fur fan. Is not like I'm an activist or something like that, but after watching one of PETA's videos, I'm not longer able to appreciate the beauty on fur. Unless is in animals of course. But, OK, i got to say that is a nice pattern.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Don't you ever just get tired of black?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

I agree with the first comment. I have just come back from Paris and most Parisian women have perfected a sort of effortless rumpled elegance in their hair that doesn't necessarily rely on straighteners or tinting.

I suspect that this look requires a lot of work though.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:39 PM) : 

Some of us NEVER tire of black...

 

Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said ... (2:35 AM) : 

Love the collar. I was unexpecting to see that collar on the back of the coat.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (2:45 AM) : 

The cut-out fur is very interesting...

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I love that she's carrying a Gerard Darel bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 PM) : 

It's not Etro, it's not vintage...it's Louis Vuitton from F/W 2005.

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2005RTW/LVUITTON/RUNWAY/00160m.jpg

:)

 

Blogger JYKW said ... (2:07 AM) : 

she's cute!

and i love the fur bits on her coat

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 AM) : 

I prefer the back of the coat vs. the front. the contrast between the front and the back just doesn't work for me. 'like having a split personality.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 AM) : 

what a discovery!
its like unfolding the drama

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting