This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Marni

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

At Marni


Marni's men's show today (their first ever) was really great - right up there with Jil Sander.

PS - Please click on image to enlarge AND to see a better color version. I have to contact Blogger b/c for some reason the images are coming up a little flat on the main page lately.

Comments on "At Marni"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

I just love this blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

you just mention the word marni and i start to salivate. cannot wait to see the men's collection.

(also? these women obviously look fantastic).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

The woman in the center, in green: my great aunt Louella dresses like that every single day. the girls on either side: playing it safe with just a little zing (example: the gloves on the girl on the right) But it takes guts to do a full Louella.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I thunk the reason that the pictures look strange is that the pictures are in "Canon EOS 5D-rgb" and blogger is assigning them to sRGB or something. If you convert them to sRGB in Photoshop the problem maybe dissappear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Those shoes! Ahmagaad give me :)

 

Blogger NATRIBU said ... (5:27 PM) : 

I like these women but I prefer the woman with dark hair...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Where can I see pictures of all these shows? Will the be on men.style.com any time soon?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

the show was good but unfortunately it exuded prada from each pore

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I love the looks, but I think the leg warmers make the lovely redhead look a little thick (which she is not).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

navy blue on black? sweet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 PM) : 

as Johan said, the difference between Canon 5D RGB and the web-standard sRGB is the reason for color difference.
One way to deal with that is converting the images to sRGB in Photoshop or, if you shoot RAW, export the images to jpg in sRGB color space. The other is to set your camera to shoot in sRGB.

Greetings from Bucharest, Romania.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

I'm keen on the redheads dress as well.

You caught them outside, was the green coat supposed to be part of the whole look? Maybe the legwarmers look better when it's just the dress and the fur trimed jacket underneath?

I would kill women in both pictures for the black patent boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Johan is right, and all web photos should be saved with an sRGB profile to ensure that all users see what you see.
It's the standard.
MP

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

I would have liked to see the first picture from a different angle. I think her skirt has a twist to it but can't really see it from this angle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Obviously the woman in the centre stands out the most, but I much prefer the style on the two other women. I like subtle subversions when it comes to fashion. The redhead has way too much going on, a little schizophrenic if you ask me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 PM) : 

the woman on the left is totally checking out what you're wearing! Check out her eyes in the close up version.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

sart, perhaps you can explain to me, I just don't get it with womens fashion....this example is typical. They look as though they have no sense of textures, balance and good taste. In fact they look as though their main objective is to conceal plainly or through irony whatever embarasses them about their appearance. I don't the result neither clever nor cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

now the last girl has great hair and great style!

 

Blogger Ilaria said ... (12:47 AM) : 

I look at your blog with my morning coffee, what a great to start the day!

But the three ladies... more trying hard than fashion sensible

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 AM) : 

I really can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not as impressed as I am with the NYC shots.

NY just has that thing.

Can't wait till you get back.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:22 AM) : 

thanks guy for the tip but that doesn't explain why the color is correct in the enlargement. it is only off on the front page.

I think blogger has tweaked something on the cover page but i have something that may fix it.

S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

Many compliments for this blog!

 

Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said ... (2:56 AM) : 

I am starting to understand that the rules of Edith Head are over...I know I am a slow learner!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 AM) : 

The problem comes up when blogger creates the smaller versions of the pictures and assigns the sRGB colorspace instead of converting to sRGB, but the large file is still you original file that hasnt been assignet to any colorspace.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (4:18 AM) : 

thanks Johan
I understand now, I guess I will have to save two copies

I have the best audience!!!

Scott

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

Marni is the best thing that ever happened to me. Too bad my student budget don't allow me to go bananas with their clothes as much as I would like to.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

I thought great aunt dress too on the redhead. She is so cute. I dont know what happened on the way down.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

once again I love what the older gal is wearing...such easy sophisticated style. Not trying too hard and not cookie cutter obligatory fashion...and I LOVE MOST THAT YOU SHOW these "women of a certain age"

THANK YOU!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

The fun of Blogger. I think it's time you investigated obtaining your own domain name.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

I love the redhead's leggings. Do you think those are pants and leg warmers? I want to recreate this look! -- Kate

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

your blog inspires me to dress better than evah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

If anyone has ever been to the Marni store in NYC, you can recognize that some of these women work in the store. They are dressed in Marni from head to toe and they embody what the labels stands for, ecclectic style with a freedom to express versatility. Love all their clothes!

 

Blogger Ariel said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Is the woman in the middle Shawn Colvin?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Fashionfanatic60 said...

Love the gold shoes. Love the red hair. Otherwise, these ladies just look like they are trying way too hard. Too much going on here, and none of it good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

ugghh. not sure I agree that these women look that great. the two on the left are kinda dowdy, donchathink?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Fashionfanatic60 said...

Sorry, I just read some of these posts and had to comment on the post that mentioned "the older gal" and "women of a certain age" Older? "Of a certain age?!" These women look to be in their 30s, at most, not in their '50s-'60s (which is what "wome of a certain age" means). I realize we've become a youth obsessed culture, but that's taking it a bit far, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 PM) : 

These women look completely amazing. I think these are some of the most interesting outfits you've posted.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 AM) : 

Sart, I realized this morning that the "Older woman" commenter was referring to the top photo in the series (which I didn't even notice the first time I looked at the site yesterday), not the trio. Duh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Mmmm, Marni. Elegant Gypsies, all of them. Love it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:34 PM) : 

what a trio - perfection - all of them. I'm particularly digging the A-line coat with a round pocket detail. So 60's! so chic! Where do I get that one?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Ahh! Who makes the girl on the right's bag? (in the navy)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I love the peep toe shoes and black tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

obviously all you haters have no idea about fashion. the whole point is to have awesome fun and show your personality with your choices. i think they look great. love you ursula!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

LOVE THE GIRL WITH GLOVES AND BOOTS.... ANYONE KNOW HER NAME?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting