This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Alberta Ferretti...Anna Wintour

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, February 23, 2007

At Alberta Ferretti...Anna Wintour

Comments on "At Alberta Ferretti...Anna Wintour"

 

Blogger Laura Emily Dunn said ... (5:30 AM) : 

not too sure about those tights...

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (5:36 AM) : 

Love the dress and accessories - hate the fur. She poses though and that makes the photo lose a lot...I prefer your photos where the subject looks more natural.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Oh wow, she actually smile! And from the picture, she does look very slim.
I love her outfit, mixing prints with fur (yet the result is not too 'loud'), softer fabric v.s heavier fabric, the contrast is brilliant!
Oh and of couse, the burgundy tights instead of the overrated Opaque Black tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

What a chilly smile under that bob and sun glasses! Cute dress, awful fur and lovely stockings.

 

Blogger Christian said ... (7:03 AM) : 

Fabulous as usual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 AM) : 

My Good!! I have never seen anybody so know-all.
Anybodody can say her that her hairstyle doesn´t agree with her!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:05 AM) : 

Interesting how a Chanel-lke hairdo fits her perfectly. Could anybody picture her with another hair style on?
Noooo....
Eduardo - Brazil

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

Ok, I really like it. The colors are amazing. BUT, personally, I have never been a fan of open toe shoes with tights.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:06 AM) : 

I also intrigued about her "kisses-but-don't-talk-to-me" face....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 AM) : 

i'm sure i must speak for you sart in that the woman sitting next to anna makes this photo interesting. as far as what anna wintour wears? do we care? she's so boooooring. it's like she's made of plaster. it doesn't matter what she's wearing, because she never moves and there is no life to her. the photo definately is moving though. it moved me. thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

Lovely as ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

This is a fantastic pic. If I didn't know better I'd say it was a proposed poster for the Devil Wears Prada movie. The sychophantic, slightly worried gaze of adoration by the girl on the right plus the wicked cheshire grin of Anna perfectly encapsulates the cliche about her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

un'icona,come sempre,bellissime entrambe le ragazze che la affiancano, le calze in particolare!!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I have to know, am I the only one who thinks her hair is wrong, and that it has been all along? The rest is flawless, but the hair . . . .

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I find Anna Wintour exceptionally chic despite the fact that I almost never like what she's wearing.

I guess that's the essence of chic...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Some people may not like her, for any reason, but I think she is great and she is doing a fantastic work at Vogue! I like her dress!

 

Blogger pumpkin said ... (10:26 AM) : 

anna's brand of fabulousness is what it is. but what I really love is how her colleague - virginia smith - is dressed. I aspire to be that effortlessly chic...I suppose being tall as a tree and having access to all of the collections helps...

 

Blogger Mimi said ... (10:40 AM) : 

She's always looks so posh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Why am I thinking Grey Gardens/Whatever Happened to Baby Jane gothic weirdness here...although I do love the print on the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Who is the woman next to her, she's wonderful! I think Anna is beautiful, but I'm not a fan on the tights and shoe combo.

 

Blogger Bexia said ... (11:17 AM) : 

A lovely dress and wonderful burnt wine hoisery but what I really like here is that her lip color is not only excellently chosen for the color scheme but is age and event appropriate, and flattering for her skin tone. It is rare indeed that I see a woman these days and think "Perfect makeup".

 

Blogger Model Citzen said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I love the tights with open toe shoes look. Is that a little smile I see Ms. I never smile cracking just for you Sart? Fabulous.

 

Blogger sariah said ... (11:42 AM) : 

I love Anna, but when you compare her to Corinne. . . there is really no competition. Very different styles for sure, but Anna always seems so stiff compared to the easy chic of Corinne. I do love the cheekiness of the red tights with the bronze open-toe sandal, though -- takes the pretty-pretty dress up a notch.

Also, a much overdue congratulations on the Cookie gig and, most importantly, on your darling daughters.

I read you every day -- and I definitely dress more thoughtfully because of it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

The one and only! of course! elegant!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Oh, Anna. I've always loved her hair. I like the look of the girl to her left. Who is she?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

She's smiling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

wow... yeah, wow... ever since i was a little girl i wanted to look like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

love the burgundy tights. opaque black ones aren't overrated. they're just a different choice. but someone's got to tell wolford to go forth and conquer other colors too.

would love to see a candid or on the street photo of anna though. the pose and the look on her face ruins the spot-on outfit.

 

Blogger laia. said ... (3:17 PM) : 

thats not a "girl" on the right, thats virginia smith I believe. shes an editor at vogue.

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (3:28 PM) : 

I think Anna looks beautiful here and also very young.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Don't we love this look!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Yeahhh love Anna!! everyone hates her hair but i like her signature bob although the highlights look very stripy....its nice to see her wearing different colour combinations - nice dress! is that her daughter next to her?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

the best

the rest are pretenders

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

She looks quite pleased that you are taking her picture - in a "Roitfeld, you don't win today!" sort of way.

I think the warm colors really make her stand out in a sea of grey. The dress reminds me of the yellow-flowered Prada dress that was all over the celebs about two years ago. And the hair - a signature is a signature. Her signature works very well for her - in that it is not half as comical as the hair-rolls and head art that other people have become associated with, and in that it hides her face and maintains quite a bit of her all-important inscutability.

(if this posts more than once, my apologies - it's acting odd)

 

Blogger Bobby D. said ... (4:03 PM) : 

but does her smile extend to her eyes? one can only hope. i noticed the shoes/tights combo right away, if SHE wears it, it MUST be OK, however i don't see it for me.

love her hair, the dress, the fur.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

that's Vogue's Virginia Smith sitting next to Ms. Wintour.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

She is the devil in Prada......love love love her!

Amazing how she has never ever changed her hairdo in a million years but she always looks fab!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Love, love, love, Virginia's shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

I like the tunic/tights/shoes combo on the woman next to Anna.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

She always looks like she knows what she's doing. Despite what people think of what she wears, I just don't think she give a sh**, hehe.
The woman next to her is simply gorgeous.

 

Blogger Valery said ... (5:34 PM) : 

To Ms Wintour's left: isn't that Vogue's Virginia Smith gazing on admiringly?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

this is a fab photo, she looks amazing in what I think may be prada? she is so beautifully groomed always and the fur is great.
Anna Wintor is a true inspration and consumate pro at all times and in my view is given such a hard time by the press etc!
you have got a great shot here as she is she is smiling which makes her look warmer than usual!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

I think she looks terrific. However, though I love tights with open-toe shoes, these shoes are a little too strappy. Also, don't her highlights look a little too severe?

 

Blogger Q said ... (8:19 PM) : 

Her and Carine Roitfeld have pretty much the same haircut and style. Must be the Vogue influence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I second that about the highlights.

 

Blogger benson said ... (9:19 PM) : 

I wanted to write something earlier but was too intimidated by the infamous Wintour *crawls below her feet* she didn't see me, did she??!

 

Blogger Ms. Champagne said ... (9:54 PM) : 

I've recently noticed that looks that seem like they were thrown on and put together 'easily' i.e. easy chic is so celebrated, yet looks that are seem put-together are considered as inferior. Why? I have no idea.

Anna Wintour knows what she's doing and this picture is proof. We should all give her kudos for giving her gift of fashion to the general public.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 PM) : 

She's an icon & I don't like the fur, & I think that the girl sitting next to her- her style resembles Miss Wintour, from top to bottom, even better.

-VD-

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:22 PM) : 

I might be aware that you've probably only had a moment to snap her picture.. but any indication what she's like in the flesh?

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (11:26 PM) : 

Nice shot, as always :)
Lovely dress she's got on, and she looks amazing for a woman her age, but I'm not sure I like the fur- though that could maybe be because I don't really like fur..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

Well, the only person who looks better next to Virginia Smith is her BEE-U-TEE-FULL husband Patrick Robinson. Talk about a wonderfully stylish man.

 

Blogger jawcey said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Incredibly chic, although I don't like the shoes at all. I read an article about her once - can't remember where - Vogue or Vanity Fair - and she swore allegiance to three makes/ styles of shoes - the only shoes she'll ever wear. There were shots of the shoes with the article and I thought they were all awful - a little too school-marm maybe? Anyways, since then, I keep an eye out for her footwear. Unfortunately, as per this photo, she was apparently telling the truth. I think she should branch out.

Again though, the rest of the look is fabulous. She looks wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

god, I guess I'm the only one who thinks her stockings and shoe combination is positively orthopedic. But she is smiling straight at YOU-- she knows you, dude-- and the girl next to her has all the style.

~bluepoppy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Anna Wintour must be the only woman on the planet who can combine sandals with a fur coat and still look chic and fabulous ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

This photo IS real and captures a moment that otherwise might be missed. The photo works perfectly ...Anna's demure smile of a wise, certain, "if-you-don't-like-it, f*uck-you/I-got-mine" woman of a certain age (how I love that!); and the undisguised admiration of the young woman next to her, who clearly knows that she is sitting next to THE Goddess. Anna, I love VOGUE. As a woman of a certain age also, VOGUE is the only fashion magazine I still read, and not only because of the fashion. Thank you, Anna, for being the ADULT of the Fashion world and thank you, Sart, for capturing the moment so perfectly!

 

Blogger stacy (la, ca) said ... (11:45 AM) : 

We truly *are not* worthy!!!! :)

Great look, and the strappy-shoe-over-tights works very well. I've been doing the tights and open or strappy shoe thing all winter, and *I* think its a winning trend ... Even the upcoming season's "fashion forecasts" seem to extend the tights trend. Yaay!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Could she be the hottest Cougar ever?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Very chic, of course. I can never see the woman, however, without wishing someone would cook her a good steak dinner. Virginia Smith outshines her by far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

There is no standard that she follows. She makes her own, and her look ultimately belongs to one person: herself! That makes her a leader in style. Her singular look comes from being exposed to millions of looks every moment of every day. Jackson Pollock's splatters may seem to be random, but there is educated intention behind them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

This confirms it - the newest trend is to wear tights or socks with sandals! This makes me really happy as my toes are always cold.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

"Very very devilish" as Michael Jackson would say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I like how both women are wearing same colour tights and open shoes. I think I'll be doing that to this spring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Hmm, there's trying too hard and then there's the (who I'll only assume) intern's extreme version of trying too hard with the loving look.

It all seems very "Westmount." I guess that's Montreal's version of the Hampton's to Americans.

Sorry, Sart, there's something about this set up -- but not the photographic skills, of course -- that displeases me tremendously. So much so that I can't begin to appreciate what fashion may be within...although I tried for at least a millisecond. Really.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I love Anna Wintour,
She is absolutetly fab.
Not even talk about Virgina Smith,one of the nicest editor of Vogue.

 

Blogger missx said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Is it possible? Is she slightly smiling?! Actually, on second thought, she's smirking. She can't elude me forever. One day, somehow, somewhere, I will find a picture of her really smiling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Is there any reason whatsoever to wear sunglasses indoors?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Anna is dressed sooooo beautifully! and the girl sitting next to her is really nice as well.. However, she sits in the shadow of Anna, so she doesnt sparkle.. which is in my opinion pity, because she looks very good..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Her dress is Carolina Herrera Fall 2007 collection.
*as seen on the runway*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

David: thanks for clueing us in.

I wonder why all I could think of was that yellow flowered dress from Prada's fall 2000 show . . . it's odd, when looking for it, to realize how long ago that was!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:31 PM) : 

i like her daughter.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (10:51 AM) : 

That's the most colorful outfit I've ever seen her in.

 

Blogger Bonheur said ... (10:20 PM) : 

I can't believe you caught a picture of her SMILING!

I almost chocked on my grape-flavored candy.

 

Blogger simona said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Scott, if Anna smiled @ YOU, it means you are something. And she even posed! Great capture. Full of irony, but not hers. Yours!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting