This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Somewhere in Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On the Street.......Somewhere in Milan

Comments on "On the Street.......Somewhere in Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 AM) : 

amazing style on the guy. not so much the girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

wow wow wow, he looks amazing!

 

Blogger coucouchanel said ... (4:00 AM) : 

I'm almost sure that's Beppe...stylist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 AM) : 

LOVING THESE 2!!!:))) works together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 AM) : 

the male on the left, his whole outfit is brought together so well in his skinny black jeans and moustache.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

This square is Largo La Foppa.. Ciao from an Italian fan of yours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

That woman's pants and leggings look so silly! She should be wearing a powdered wig.

The man looks sleek. But together they look like they are trying too hard. Or maybe I just missed the point of both looks.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Love the long cardi on him with a sweater underneath, like a twin set but not. Is she wearing Zoave pants or just baggy bloomers? They remind me of traditional Thai trousers. Fashionistas no doubt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

the man on the left looks fun. as for the woman's outfit, it's certainly creative, but i don't like that everything is so poofy, creating a great big poofy middle. i think if i were to try to steal some of her look, i would do it with a slim jacket and pants, with those fantastic sweater sleeves poking out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I know this man!!! He's a dj and works in a disco called Hd, very glam and fun his "Glitter night" with music and burlesque show performed by legendary Barbarella!

Gea
----
geakaren.splinder.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I have a cardigan similar to this guy's. And I'm a girl! Ah, Europeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

he carries his look better than she carries hers. I love her hair and face - but the outfit is a study in off proportion

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (10:50 AM) : 

He looks amazing! The proportions and colors and that surprising sweater are really fantastic.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I loved his look! But she just didn't do it for me.

 

Blogger David McDougall said ... (10:59 AM) : 

one mustache away from utter perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I believe his sweater is Grifoni (Super Vintage), love the asymmetric woven detailing - I have the same one in black... and it's always coming unbuttoned! Lazy-Belt must be improvised so I'll try that

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

I love how they color coordinate. Her textures are great although I find her volume play unflattering. Still, they are both doing something very interesting and appreciable, especially with the colors and fabrics. I just couldn't ever put myself into an outfit that obscured my frame, but I'm a slim silhoutte person. Nor could I advocate that a man wear a sweater that robe like, but I like that he's done it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

WOW! What a pair! The Leather man 'stache with an Aran sweater coat! Her citron/ gray/ bottle green color scheme, harem pants and leggings...Usually my motto is not more than one trend per outfit but I am willing to retire that faced with all this funky chic!

 

Blogger Ming the Merciless said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Sorry, they are too hip to be cool.

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (4:14 PM) : 

That girl is just so cool! The way she poses is just outstanding. She looks comfortable, and confident.

The man unfortunately reminds me too much about a very ugly swedish musician (Alexander Bard), but his reindeer-sweater is really sweet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

moustache=awesome! I also like the cardigan on him. And the girl is cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

does anyone know who her jacket is by?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Love the sleekness on him and the volume on her- they are a street style contrast study! Grazie Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Maybe I am too traditional, but I can't stomach the belted cardi on the guy.
But who knows... maybe in two years time, all of us will be wearing them.

 

Blogger never ending fun said ... (6:08 PM) : 

god, i wish people at school dressed like this...

 

Blogger mareGa said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Oh boy! The guy. He looks great. He steals the picture.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (7:16 PM) : 

Agree with other posters - her sleeves poking out are great. Not so keen on the leggings + bloomers combo.

He's too cool for school! (Actually, so is she, bloomers aside.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Freddie Mercury lives!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

Guy is fab. Girl is frump.

 

Blogger the *ubiquitous spectator* said ... (11:02 PM) : 

i love her look, beautiful and effortlesly cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 AM) : 

I don't think she's a big girl, but that outfit makes her look HUGE. Honestly I can't stand this whole "volume play" look or whatever you want to call it... oversized tent-like tops with tight jeans or leggins on the bottom. It's too faddish to survive.

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (3:34 AM) : 

His reindeer jumper and belted long cardie (almost looks like a women's style) are adorable. Ditto her jacket and shoes (green!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

I really like the coat on the girl. I know that when I've tried that hip-length it helps to have some volume on the bottom to help show off the coat's shape, or else my body looks awkward, or the look too trendy for my taste. These coats are hard to pass by because I so love the details- the buttons, cropped sleeves, buckles and pleats (I'd guess because they're not too much on a smaller piece, in terms of styling and cost to make?).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

I love the sleeve on her grey sweater. Full, but not puffy. Perfect. Everything below her waste, not so much. I think she would look really nice if she wore grey tights instead of leggings, so there would be no interruption line on her leg.

 

Blogger stellagee said ... (4:57 AM) : 

pure perfection. balanced and ott at the same time. love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

LOVE his moustache!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Handle bar mustache + buck sweater + the shoes / an oversized cardi = pure hotness :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

To me, they exist at a level above the rest of us sartorial mortals. The daring and panache they both show in combining elements that somehow seem impossible together, yet work so harmoniously, is breathtaking. I bow to them both.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

I know him too! If you come to Milan you definitely have to spend your saturday nite at Glitter@HD!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

HELP Where can I find such a great cardigan, like he's got?

 

Blogger Mandy said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Damn, style in Italy looks like so much fun. I love all these Italian shots!
Congratulations on the great article (and photo of you)!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting