This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Cream Vest w/ Suit, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, April 27, 2007

On the Street....Cream Vest w/ Suit, Milan


A cream colored vest under a navy suit - one of those pleasant surprises I seem to keep seeing in Milan.

This man is about 5' 4" and I would have thought that adding a contrast color vest would chop up his length too much but he looks great. I think it is because he has such a defined waist on the jacket.

This ii easily one of my favorite looks from this trip.

This gentleman is a bespoke tailor in Milan, his shop is on Via Gesu. I hope to feature more of him in the future,
maybe a conversation with him and Gianfranco Ferre on the challenges of dressing as related to size.

Comments on "On the Street....Cream Vest w/ Suit, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 AM) : 

enough with these boring old men!

 

Blogger Bexia said ... (3:02 AM) : 

The smile is the best bit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 AM) : 

This challenge of dressing up not size zero sky high people is what differentiates a real tailor from a sewer. Please make this conversation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 AM) : 

Yes, please! Please also take more pictures of short, stocky men in well-cut suits. We short stocky men need the inspiration - it's a tough shape to have!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Yes, this is nice. Lotsa Vs, rightside up, inverted....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:21 AM) : 

A vest in an unusual color under a man's suit... a scarf in a unique pattern thrown casually around the neck ... Those small but often not subtle touches that complete a "look" and so clearly identify those with style and individuality from the "fashion victims" dressed head to toe identically to the picture in a catalogue. Aaargh! What can I say: "I am so homesick for Milan and can't wait to get back there in a few months"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Very nice. An elegant gentleman. But, brown shoes with navy? Hmmmm...Not my style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

He's a tailor so he's aware of his body proportions so that helps. Clothes can camouflage a multitude of sins but he looks like in great shape.

G

 

Blogger will anderson said ... (9:41 AM) : 

i think the thing i like the most is how the proportion of the tie and the angle of the tie mirrors the angles of the vest and the lapel. its really nice. all the high contrast and angularity. its very striking. i like the black tie and blue suit. its not often done well, but in this case...he picked the right rule to break.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Perfect! I'm so envious of the great looks you're seeing in Europe. Makes me want to hop a plane to Italy. If only people walked around Providence looking like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Could he be a contender for sartorialist of the year? I think so.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I would never have thought a white shirt and an off-white vest could look so well together. And the shoes are great with this look.

Is it a blue pin striped suit and a solid black tie? Look out, I may be starting to fashion hyperventilate; this is all just so fantastic.

What a great look for a man of any age.

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Beautiful. I would like to have dinner with this man

 

Blogger Nia said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Normally I don't care much about men's clothing but...damn, that's beautiful.Spleen

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

When I look at these photos, sart, I think of my grandfathers from "the old country" (Sicily) and how they dressed like this for special occasions. Always gentlemen, with only the best quality clothing. The term that comes to mind: "natty". Such unconscious elegance; though I am such a good deal of concentration went into the outfit, the end result looks unstudied and natural. This gentleman has accomplished what is so hard to do in fashion: simplicity + naturalness=elegance and originality. I just love your European shots, sart, they give me hope. xoxoox, "Lady is a Tramp"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Sart, you need to stop it with all these sexy people today. Seriously.

White vest? Killer!

mltt

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (12:06 PM) : 

I agree ...very interesting combo.

I love when people go slightly off the beaten path.

Very well done here.

thx sar!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

What a stunner! I love his smiling reflection in the window right next to him, too. This man is the best advertisement for his business. Molto bene, Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

HE DOESN'T LOOK SHORT AT ALL! WHAT A BEATIFUL OUTFIT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Wow, I love this man. His suit is so beautiful and so are his shoes. Everything hits at just the right place. He also has a very kind smile, which completes the package perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

That colour combo reminds me of British naval officers in Nelson's navy ... great-looking uniforms and then some!! Go rent Master and Commander if you want to see what I mean.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Sart, do you speak Italian? Or do the people you photographed speak English? How did you explain what you do to them?

Love the photos from Milan. Keep it up. And more photos from Munich.

 

Blogger eg said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I have rocked this look, though I prefer a light blue shirt and generally wear it only by evening.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

The English often sport cream/fawn coloured vests under their formal day clothing, and the Italians (especially the Milanese and Neapolitans) are real keen on the Savile Row/English styling.

Love the brown shoes too, here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

classic and elegant look. very nice style.

 

Blogger - said ... (2:35 PM) : 

he reaminds me so much my granddad that i even started shaken when I saw it... he would be the perfect nominee for the sartorialist... love it!

 

Blogger Flaneur said ... (2:58 PM) : 

I love the colour and the fit of the shoes. The dress is impeccable. The position of the tie is also very elegant. I personally don't like the vest, but it suits him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Well dressed men of a certain stature and a certain style - this tall woman loves you best. xxxo from London.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

He is Tindaro De Luca,a Bespoke tailor

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

The fact of his height is a great detail. My hubby is 5'7" still very short by commercial standards, and it's tough to find looks that work. this man looks great!

 

Blogger MrWong said ... (3:18 AM) : 

Is this a first that no one has mentioned aged old comment.. Amount of shir cuff?

The reality is shirts move..

Brave Sart for another great real person photo..

& the brown shoes are a HAWT! I laugh on the inside when people don't understand this detail..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I love the reflection in the window. And I don't think one would know that he was short without you telling us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Can you share the name and address of this finely dressed tailor? Finding short tailors who make their own clothing is my quest. They understand what works and how a short man can break the "rules"...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Anonymous Tall lady who posted at 6.16pm... please embrace my heartfelt thanks... I am a short 5ft 6inches man from the UK... who has always found love and delight with taller ladies from my teenage years... choosing styles wasn't a problem as such. Being less than tall wasn't too tough... and when the Lady in my life said her ideal man (she's VERY tall) was Mikhail Nikolaevitch Baryshnikov... I knew I was okay. Short... stylish... even sexy... no problem. So, thanks for loving us. My heart skipped a little beat when I read your post. You're the sort of lady I get dressed for every day... and I love a little every day. Even though we've never met. x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

What a dapper fellow! Nice shot.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting