This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

After One Year In New York - Kelly

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

After One Year In New York - Kelly

Spring 2006

Summer 2007

Comments on "After One Year In New York - Kelly"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:43 PM) : 

wow! i love how you can tell she still has the same eclecticism, she's just refined it. lovely!

 

Blogger WOLF Q said ... (6:46 PM) : 

wow! what a transformation from a cute kid to a beautiful young woman!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Maybe the tittle can go like after one year in the new job...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

I'm starting to believe that unless these girls both got sugar daddies (seriously, who can afford these clothes and hair dressers at their age??) then the Pygmalion is you, Sart ;-)As you've been my Pygmalion too, but I clearly don't have this kind of loot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

This time the new look is clearly much better. And much more expensive-looking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Wow. I honestly don't understand how someone could change that much in that amount of time. I really think the hat and shoes are key flashes of her style in the second pic. The whole ensemble is pretty chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Omg, that is some change!
I think it is kool that she managed to "keep in touch" with the old Kelly, she is just more lady-ish now. You can still see her personality shine through.

However I must admit that I was in love with the style of Kelly in 2006...and I still am

It's really nice to see some old faces Sart, keep it up

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (7:10 PM) : 

I'd never know it was the same woman, but she looks fabulous in both incarnations. I think True Style is in her genes.

 

Blogger Danielle said ... (7:14 PM) : 

no way! where is she originally from? stories of one's personal style evolution would be a fascinating addition to the blog.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Who is Kelly and where did she come from?
I don't think NY had an influence on her style. People have many faces.

I love the two pictures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 PM) : 

One way or da other - shes got it going on. Love you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

i need to move back to New York...

 

Blogger The American in Paris said ... (7:30 PM) : 

It's amazing, one year in a large metropolitan city and it's like night and day. Both Kelly and Kara are in black, I wonder if a bit of color could do them some good, like a nice pair of red socks. ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

wow, what a change

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

i'm sure a lot of it does have to do with coming to nyc. but it also could just be because they are getting older and their style is elvolving into something more mature. either way, she looks very chic. i love that grey skirt.

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Oh my!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

wow!!!
what a transformation
(i like these after one year things)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

yay! looks like she found a home and a job though I must say she made a very chic bum ;)
looking good as always

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

Must've come into some success.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Really special girl. Just like NY.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:05 PM) : 

I can't believe it is the same person! Wow, what a great change!
I like her first look, but the second one is so much better!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

oh she's my favorite! where did she come from originally?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Wow! Another Pygmalion story!!!

 

Blogger Miss Stylologist said ... (8:25 PM) : 

wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

Definitely the work of trends. Great pics.

 

Blogger loony lacunae said ... (8:29 PM) : 

Wooooww :O At least she looks comfortable either way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

Daaaayum! Last two posts, indeed, made my jaw drop. Inspiring + highly educational.

-agirlinsearchofastyle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 PM) : 

"Kelly" looks much more sophisticated and stylish in the older photo - now she looks like a run of the mill "I am so cool and artsy I can't believe myself" in the second one - quite a shame.

The other girl is a major improvement - looks very chic with her heavy bangs and black in the recent photo....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

This chick raises an interesting point- because her style (hair makeup etc) is really the same in both pics.

Don't we all sometimes dress like... a crazy hippy tramp... and then, we have to go to work, so we dress like a sexy secretary?

Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to run into my coworkers on the weekends because I definitely dress very differently. I don't mean "dress down" in sweatpants or something, I just mean... the other personality comes out.

So I'm just saying!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:11 PM) : 

i love that instead of ridding herself of that lovely flair she just learned to channel it in a more mature manner. new york's influence at it's best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 PM) : 

I absolutely love these 'After One Year in NY' posts. Style transformations are so intriguing and these women look amazing.

-W

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

You're right, "somewhat" shocking... But, step back and look at the first photo again-- she still took care in how she presented herself. Good for her! A woman, person who cares about how they look. She looks just awesome.

Great photos!

 

Blogger Alison said ... (9:22 PM) : 

The transformation is phenomenal!

I absolutely love this blog, especially the posts with images of Swedes. I adore Swedish fashion and their culture is so enchanting...I look forward to more posts!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:22 PM) : 

holy crap.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

She's gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

She's gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

she went from looking like SF to NYC in a year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

all I can say is "wow." she looks amazing. great shoes, too.

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (9:36 PM) : 

wow, the "New York effect" is pretty staggering. ditto on the previous blog. I'm still trying to grasp how personal style is so close to who someone truly is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Hmm..I am having a moment here.

Never thought I'd say this, but I think I appreciate the 'before' look more. I usually do not like this kind of homeless, flowerchild rocker/raver style due to the over exposure to it I experienced while attending art school...

However, I feel like for some odd reason it works on her better than the more pulled together look. She looks good either way, but I'm just drawn to her more in the first shot.

Personally, my style leans more toward the after shot, so I can't really put my finger on why I like the before look better...interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

good thing she went from looking homeless to haute couture. both looks are interesting, i suppose, but i think the second one is considerably more flattering.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

im convinced that i need to go nyc too after viewing your too examples!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

I can't tell you how many times I scrolled between these two shots. Amazing! She's an adorable girl in both photos, but what impresses me the most about photo #2 (the "after" shot, if you will) is the incredible amount of self-confidence that shines through past the sophisticated garb and snappy chapeau. I'm an ex-NYer, stranded in LA, but everytime I get back to the city, it just takes one stroll down Madison, or Park, or Fifth, or CPW and I feel like she looks. Fantastic!

That's it, I'm moving back to NY.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Love the before and after looks! It's very interesting to see that both girls have changed into the same kind of style. Very glam!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

I refuse (and I do mean it), refuse to accept that this is the same person! Did she do Extreme Makeover or what?!
I am completely speechless, and packing my bags for NYC!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

major change but screams perfection. great style and oozes confidence. i'm inspired.

 

Blogger anyimage said ... (10:30 PM) : 

I love both the before and after.. I would like to see if she could find a way to balance the two. Add a Marni necklace or a pair of the new Prada stockings to not only make the new look younger but also more carefree. Her posture is already giving this effect but the clothes are a bit too stuffy for her.

Also people need to stop crediting New York for these transformations. New York is dead.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:36 PM) : 

So what is the story here? Has she evolved from one style to another, or are these two in a series of costumes? What happened to her over time? Please divulge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 PM) : 

I went to school with her at UT Austin!

 

Blogger stacy said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Beauty! I love it! I love the before...but the after...drop dead gorgeous.

You also have a great shot of Kelly in a straw hat I believe.

This girl's got style,

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

Ah, she's lost the trendoid patterns and stupid big eye glasses, and embraced her inner sleekness! Lovely girl either way--I can't complain!

I have to say I am SICK TO DEATH of the giant sunglasses on girls with tiny heads. Feh. So NOT chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

P.S. Is she the same womn on the bike with that hat?

 

Blogger zilch said ... (11:21 PM) : 

I totally believe in the transformation and it just shows that one person can be versatile and actually carry many looks. So fun!

Love your blog~~ Please come to Tokyo and shoot some crazy fashion! ^.~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

That is truly incredible...

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (12:08 AM) : 

WOW!!! Absolutely stunning!!

 

Blogger positively the same dame said ... (12:56 AM) : 

i think that what you see here is a woman who, in the first shot, clearly sees herself as an individual with a distinct point of view and a strong need to express it, but one who is still trying to figure out who she wants to be when she grows up. i think that she is using her clothes to set herself apart from the pack, but i don't think she has the confidence or self-knowledge to let go of all the bells and whistles that distract and deflect.

in the second shot she appears to be well on her way to not only knowing who she wants to be, but who she actually is and how to express it -- beautifully, i might add, and with a wonderful sense of humor. she seems liberated, and her earlier "i'm a free spirit, who am i?" vibe has been replaced with one of great individuality and flair.

the exciting thing about her, to me, anyway, is that you just know that as she matures she will only improve and refine her already tremendous personal style, and become even more interesting and compelling as the years pass. maybe sart will see to it that we all can watch as it happens! don't touch that dial...

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (1:02 AM) : 

BIG change in the BIG apple??

 

Blogger positively the same dame said ... (1:09 AM) : 

uh, and for those of you too young to know what that "don't touch that dial" refers to, i'm sorry, i can't help you. really, it's just something that my grandmother used to say.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Sart, your "After One Year In New York" - is as good as it gets. It is a tie with your blog on Grant vs Astaire in my mind.

What a transformation! I love Kara-before one year, fresh from the Midwest and Kelly refined look one year later.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (1:17 AM) : 

Those glasses always make me think first of Jackie O, not the Olsens. But I agree, girls, check your head size before selecting a style.

I'm not doubting that she has risen to the occasion, or rather locale of the generally upscalier climes of Manhattan. But I'd like to know what she wears NOW to do errands - as she is clearly is not off to the laundromat in photo two). I think of myself, one day the vagabond and every few days glamming it up. I mean, there's days for pretty rags and days for 4 inch heels and a pencil skirt, as the mood or plans dictate.

I like her both ways, and changing it up is fun.

 

Blogger WendyB said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Wow!

 

Blogger M said ... (2:18 AM) : 

At first I thought the fist picture was the more current. That is the look I really like. The other doesn't compare, in my opinion. One is just so much more interesting than the other. Not to mention comfy--I love wearing layer over layer as in the first look. Great photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

Uh, yeah. Add a Marni necklace or pair of the new Prada stockings and that would make it younger and carefree?

I'd say that affording either of those as a new and young resident of NYC would cause you to care about affording rent a lot more.

She embodies the spirit of NYC fashion in the early eighties, where people made or invented their personal look and were admired for it. Not by running to the designer du jour for some easily identifiable, out after one season and far too expensive items.

Can anyone say Robot Charms?

NYC is dead? Puh-lease.

Every couple of years, NYC, London, Paris etc., etc. is declared "dead" or "over" then it has a renaissance and every editorial mag has articles on how each place is so hot and all the bright young things arrive in droves to soak it up.

Then it is declared "dead" again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 AM) : 

I remember this girl sart from previous shots.
Thanks, that shows we all can change to whatever we want to be.
I can as well!

 

Blogger Tyler said ... (3:51 AM) : 

I think she's a lovely woman either way, but I personally prefer the before picture. So much more personality and originality. The clothes in the after picture don't provide much expression and looks like something girls here in the Midwest would easily pick out for their first job.

I'd really like to see her create something between these two looks. I think it would be quite charming.

 

Blogger rodkoerner said ... (3:58 AM) : 

astonishing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 AM) : 

hurry up ! tell me which way to new york

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 AM) : 

simply great personal style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 AM) : 

I'm not entirely convinced by the whole pygmalion thing - I have a wasp-waisted bespoke chalkstripe suit that I'm sure would catch Scott's eye (were he ever to feature us Londoners) but equally, right now, I'm wearing shorts, a t-shirt and 5-day stubble. Some days people just dress smarter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

Oh. My. God.

She looks amazing! What a transformation. It's fantastic that a city, and the style of that city, can rub off on a woman like this, so that she can refine her look. I can't stop staring at both photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 AM) : 

First pic: Looks like she just got off the boat.

From rags to riches

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 AM) : 

I admit she looks good. but it seems they end up looking pretty much alike, a style used by many of the newyorkers. it is good to adopt but what about uniqueness.

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (5:25 AM) : 

She's clearly working with a different colour scheme, but the essence remains much the same- she looks happy, and clearly works the new look wonderfully- this is one girl whose clothes will never wear her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 AM) : 

it must be the water.

 

Blogger lenca said ... (7:20 AM) : 

Hi, I´m visiting your blog for about a year now and I really love it.
I love the sublime thought that we gain, that everyone, despite race, religion, sex our weight, can have a remarkable style.

I see that you post a lot of pictures from Stockholm and I understand why. I hadn’t gone there I would never believe the sense of style and fashion that the Swedish have. Men and women. We expect it from NY and Milan, but we get surprise with the northern Europe cities.

I´m loving this before&after series! It shows that we are not obliged to stay the same and that we can always try new styles if we feel like it.

You have to come to Portugal, and if you do, don’t miss Madeira Island!

 

Blogger francesc said ... (8:27 AM) : 

IN the Garden of Paradise, beneath the Tree of Knowledge, bloomed a rose bush. Here, in the first rose, a bird was born. His flight was like the flashing of light, his plumage was beauteous, and his song ravishing.

the phoenix bird.
Hans Christian Andersen/1850

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

on a slightly unrelated note - sart and sart fans, particularly the men's suit fanatics - y'all should check out gay talese's article at vanity fair's website called "the scion, the stitch, and the wardrobe" about his love and patronage of custom tailoring. it's beautifully written and expresses what many have discussed on this website about the art and craft of tailoring. he also talks a bit about the history and origins of the southern italian tradition in tailoring, which i found really really interesting. and i love the first lines:

"There are people who are greatly concerned about the environment and the well-being of Bengal tigers and yellow-headed Amazon parrots. And then there are people like me who worry about the professional survival of men's custom tailors. Each year I spend large sums of money in shops that employ these craftsmen, whom I see as an endangered species."

it's at http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/08/talese200708

 

Blogger Liz CS C said ... (9:16 AM) : 

both photos appeal to different sides of me and i really like both of them. the one thing that hasn't changed is her ability to pull a whole look together. really nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

she looks smashing, but she -Kelly- is so cute in her before outfit. that picture makes me want go out on adventures and be a new yorker....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

She looks good, but frankly I think the transformation below seems more honest. This looks quite contrived, especially knowing that it is the exact opposite of her style a year ago.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:34 AM) : 

WOW! Honestly both styles are truly fantastic. Take your pick. I love that she nails both sensibilities

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

OMG, This can't be the Gerber Baby Girl I remember! Oh yes it certainly is the fine young woman who has had her very own unique look every year of her life (Happy Birthday Baby). New York - You wear it well!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I am just wondering if these young women are really finding their own styles or are they finding New York's style?

Their year later looks are incredibly similar. They look older, more chic, and still put a shot of personality in (be it long bangs or a hat), but to me the overall effect is very much the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Looks like their naive charm and ingenuousness were steamrolled and they've become Lucky Mag clones. In time they will re-assert their personalities and we will see true butterflies emerge from the cocoon and tyranny of "Neutral".

 

Blogger Genuine Lustre said ... (11:03 AM) : 

With a billion people living in NY, I wonder how you manage to bump into the same folks again and again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Love her editing.

The detail that makes it for me is the colored Nat Sherman (cigarette) in photo one. If the gal in photo two still smokes (and as a young woman in New York, it's likely that she does) I'll bet she's now smoking something that can be bought in the local bodega.

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Whoh! A very chic and sexy transformation!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I think she has a great sense of personal style. She had it back then and she has it now, and seems to be using it consciously as she sees it fit. And although, perhaps, she wouldn't want to be caught now in what she was wearing years ago, she looks like the kind of person who makes the next generation kids eagerly look at the pics of her and say, wow, my mommy/auntie/dad's friend... was so hip.

 

Blogger Romeika said ... (12:01 PM) : 

OMG, the second look is amazing, love the hat, the shoes and the attitude!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

As to affordability of the outfits in question: (re annon 6:15, etc) the outfits pretty much looks like thrift/vintage. I have the same shoes as pic 2- mine are ferragamo-bought for $5 at Goodwill. As to moving to nyc because of these fashion pics- why can't you do it where you live? No doubt it will be cheaper to do it where you are now than to try it in nyc where even the thrifting is more expensive. Don't gank style, create your own. BTW, she's a dime a dozen in many parts of Manhattan, although a very fashionable dime.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

I wish Chicago held this power as well.

 

Blogger Dayna Gedney said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I'm dying to make this same change for myself. I just got my first fashion job and would love to look the part, I just can't wear heels all the time. It's so hard not to want to, but my body, my feet, they rebel. So I stick to moderate, rather than going for it. Someone tell me to go for it. Convince me my feet aren't that important.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I liked her better in 2006. Her new outfit does nothing for me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

In Spring 2006 she's smoking.
In Summer 2007 Kelly's Smokin' Hot!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

that's simply amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Dare I say, modern day Cinderella?

She morphed from a little girl into a chic lady.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Is she and actress? It seems like she's playing dress up because it's the total opposite of her previous look? Like another poster said, it doesn't seem as honest or sincere as Kara.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

What a transformation! I would have loved to see her transform into a more chic grunge look rather than a full out fashionista!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

i dint think its the work of new york, the kid simply grew up, could've happended in kentucky or werever she's from.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Oh my goodness. The change is incredible! I honestly can't believe that it's the same woman.

 

Blogger discotheque confusion said ... (6:45 PM) : 

wow, big change! I hope that she hasn't forgotten her roots though, because she sure looked like an original.

S xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

this looks familiar? anyway, i just love this... the shoes and hat... so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

Kelly you are so beautiful!

 

Blogger raych said ... (11:34 PM) : 

i don't need anymore convincing. i NEED to go to new york.

x

 

Blogger eiko kawano said ... (11:39 PM) : 

I love both the idea that she woke up one morning and thought, "I will look like this now," and the one where she slowly evolved over one year. I think it's easy to get trapped in a single paradigm. The concepts of reinvention and of playing dress-up, both literally and metaphorically, is so exciting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 AM) : 

I'm not in love with this woman's first look, but honestly, Sart, don't you think it's a little commentary-worthy that both of your highlighted "transformations" show girls who look like they lost weight, strapped on impractical-for-NYC high heels, and put on plain black clothing? I mean, one transformation like that would be one thing, but both? Weeeeird.

 

Blogger Ryfka said ... (2:55 AM) : 

Wow. The outfit in the second picture is my favorite of all that I've seen here and it's great to see how her style has evolved in just a couple of months.
Can we have more of these "before - after" shots, please? :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 AM) : 

It's just amazing !

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:31 AM) : 

Well, she is pretty much the ultimate. I love that second shot. So elegant and stylish.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Their change in style is blatant and gorgeous. What I am most intrigued by is how both of these re-creations strike a very different pose for the camera than their former selves would have. Does anyone else find this meaningful?

 

Blogger nolifebeforecoffee said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I like the details in this picture - like her cigarette holder... very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Don't mean to be snide, but is it a requirement you have hair covering your eyes after being in NYC for a length of time? I love bangs, but how do these girls SEE where they are going?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Sart;
Does Kelly make her own hats with such fantastical adornments, or is there a store somewhere of which I would love to be made aware?

Both are beautiful girls, anyone who claims either has "conformed" is wearing a bit too much green than what's good for them.

Cheers!

 

Blogger Philippine said ... (11:18 AM) : 

not the same girl yet! can we know the reason of a such spectacular metamorphosis?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Wasn't Kelly's second picture from a shoot you did in which the clothes were provided?

The change in Kara is astonishing, though. She looks great, but there are so many other women in the City who pretty much look like that (NYC has taken her over!). The bangs are her special touch, there, I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

grunge kelly, meet corporate kelly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Loss of originality translates "high fashion?" This is the kind of thinking that has a knack for laziness. What about her after look makes her any more *her*? If anything the before look registers the secret of personality: it's not the final destination; it's the search.

 

Blogger Nic said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Haha! If those were pictures of me, the first would be Nic - Sundays, the second one, Nic - Fridays.

 

Blogger Paula said ... (3:05 PM) : 

What I find most interesting from these and the other photographs is that you were drawn to shoot these young women without realizing at first you had done it before. That shows they have something appealing in them with whatever clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Wow! I do have a thing for homeless looking hipsters, but nothing (nothing!) compares to a fabulous hat, sleek silhouette, and sideways "I'm a woman now" glances.
And kudos to you for capturing the metamorphasis!

 

Blogger lala said ... (5:16 AM) : 

she looks so elegant in the second picture. I dont think you need a lot of cash to look like that , these days the market is so saturated with good items and also vintage items work. The key is putting it all together to look like your high class. I have seen chanel worn badly and that upsets me , but when i see someone dressed so well and ask where she got it..and get zara as a reply i cant help smiling .. looking closely at her top .. and skirt i wont be surprised if it was high street items. XXXX wishing you best of luck sart :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Did these women find themselves or did they loose themselves? Both are beautiful. The first pictures they look like real people. The nice girl you would want to be friends with. The second pictures they still look great but not as comfortable in their own skin. They look like they were cloned to look like every other women in New York. New York does do this. Presure to look unbelievably stylish and well groomed. I just feel the natural beauty these women posess has been covered up in New York high style. Yet the first pictures are just beautifully raw and original, I prefer the feeling the befores evoke.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

before, she looked like a homeless.
now, she looks like a lady!
what a great transformation!

kisses from Brazil!

 

Blogger Laia said ... (2:25 PM) : 

"New York state of mind"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

WHOA WHOA WHOA - My roommate is from Kearny, NE, and she lived in NY for a year and moved back home - I always wondered where she found her STYLE and now I know. It was definitely inspired by New York.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

i wish i can have such a change too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

WOW! ...I think that's all I've got to say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

She is so cool at the two pics! Both looks are interesting, this post shows we can have many interesting faces...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Wow!
This is brilliant. I love the personal re-invention.

 

Blogger Fab50Plus said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Classic with a twist (the hat thing she's doing is brilliant!)

Love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:28 PM) : 

a comment on the idea of a generic look...

...they both are, and are not...

...the whole image of the first kelly photo with her Fantasia cigarette and her colorful abundant layering, it has been worn time and again...

...her jaunty spectatorensemble? also worn time and again, for a long time before her first look was even born...

...so what isn't generic?...

...the personality that comes through in both the photos.

 

Blogger miryam said ... (3:50 AM) : 

hola a todos!!!!!!!!!!
parece otra persona , la elegancia te lleva a todos los lados .

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Love her shoes.
I want those shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

to be quite honest i like the first look better.

 

Blogger Elliott said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I think this post is manufacturing a false belief that moving to New York is a Cinderella experience.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 AM) : 

holy smokesss!!
same gorgeouss girll
totally new style
i like it.
in fact. i love her 'o6 look a lot.
the laidbackk hat, shoes, scarf
i can see myself wearing something smiliar actually :]
but the 'o7 look. wow.sexy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

WOW--just, wow.

 

Blogger Viktorov said ... (10:31 AM) : 

That is just scary. Wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 PM) : 

this girl could make anything look good posing like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

saw kelly in the spread for ELLE magazine uk edition. You wouldn't kow it was the same girl but in both looks kelly = perfection. It's like she's dressing for whatever mood and she goes from funk to sophistication seamlessy. It has got to be inate to be the effortless no just one year in the city, COMPLETLY DEIFIC!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

She pulls off the first look so much more fantastically. This is someone i'd love to meet and fall in love with. The second girl is someone who I might see in the streets and wouldn't think more than "standard, but flattering"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 AM) : 

Spotted this picture in a magazine here in London and just adored her effortlessly laid back uber chic look. The tiny article directed me to this blog and I've been hooked and spreading the word ever since. Love it, keep up the good work Sart!!!

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (6:11 AM) : 

love her shoes! and her style too :)

 

Anonymous Simona Karlsson said ... (3:58 PM) : 

notice that the girl whit the skirt probably has the same shoes as the girl in the pic :
Thursday, December 10, 2009
On the Street....The Horticulturists, Sydney

hehe kind of cool! :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting