This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

While I Play Catch-up From The Rain...

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 28, 2007

While I Play Catch-up From The Rain...






...here are photos from my first full-on editorial shoot. You might remember back in June I wrote about this British Elle shoot while i was doing it and here are the results.
I'm really happy with the results and that it still looks very much like my work.

Anyway, thanks again for all the beautiful comments about the two year anniversary!

ok, now less typing and more shooting

Comments on "While I Play Catch-up From The Rain..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

that is absolutely gorgeous! 2 thumbs WAY up :D the outfits are all perfect, i specially love the girl on the stairs. and the pooch in the bag ;) thank you for my daily fix!

 

Blogger Miluska.T said ... (4:53 AM) : 

They are beautiful! It had completely slipped my that I should be keeping an eye out for the pictures. I was flipping through Elle and couldn't help but feel that there was something familiar about those pages- it all became clear to me when I saw your name. Well done!

 

Blogger blair said ... (5:00 AM) : 

Good work, looks great! I just loooove THE SARTORIALIST!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 AM) : 

Hi there - I've only just started reading this blog, and it's a godsend, particularly for menswear.

Men who take an interest in style are so frequently surrounded by people who don't, that it's easy to feel like the odd one out (at least here in London it is). Blogs like this give a great sense of community.

Thanks for doing this Sart, and please don't stop now you're doing professional gigs.

 

Blogger Nina said ... (5:27 AM) : 

I love the shot at the top, it's so approachable and reminds me of a holiday snap!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 AM) : 

These are some great shoots!!! Incredible! Just sad to have Paris on the cover.
Oh and congratulations to your anniversary!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 AM) : 

You are THE BEST

 

Blogger LYNN and HORST said ... (6:23 AM) : 

my respect. really well done. and totally you.

 

Blogger Martijn van Berkum said ... (6:39 AM) : 

wow, this is an impressive shoot! I'm surprised how you've managed to take it up another level. very professional and without losing the style and looks of your weblog. congratulations!

 

Blogger aboutface said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Congratulations for your work and sensibility!

It´s only a shame that we have just found you recently! But as we say here in Portugal: It´s better late than never!

Keep up the great work! We wish you lots of successes.

AboutFace team.

 

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said ... (6:51 AM) : 

You are sooo talented!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 AM) : 

The British ELLE is such a great magazine! Much better than the American one, in my opinion..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

Great shoot!! Well done! :-)

xox Girl and the City

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Great job!!

And I know this has been said by others, but your site has really been a great influence on the way I dress. I'm putting things together differently and I like it!

 

Blogger DAM said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Hey Scott - they look great. They Look like you and they don't look editoriatlized.

Congratulations. The Sartorialist has been a great way to start each day and a source of inspiration on many...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Great photos!

 

Blogger Hong Kong Loudspeakers said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Beautiful photos. Interesting background and well-structure compositions.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Fine pictures Sart! They all look as professional as they are. Especially pictures 1 and 3 are my favorites.I like the mix of yellow and blue which also is seen in the background-not a very common mix of colors.The clothes the models are wearing seem easy and comfortable.Somehow I suddenly have this urge to rid myself of some clothes I don´t feel ok in.That done I feel a lot better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Nice pics, all of them but those Rossi boots in the top shot had me drooling. The set up in that photo is "Classic Sart" (e.g. the traffic-stopper shot).

The sergiorossi.com site doesn't list those blue boots yet/now, though. Mind you, a lot of his boots are drool-worthy.

Thanks for the discovery,
mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

The first shot is definitely your style!
I would wear that outfit as a uniform. Great jeans, slick boots and a nice big coat/parka. Of course my curly afro would top it all off and look as fabulous as this models' hair. Ha! Congratulations on a great shoot!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Yes, looks like a great shoot and very much in your style. I love the description "cult photographer"! But I guess that's pretty accurate considering how many of us are addicted to your work!

Congratulations to you and to British Elle for appreciating your aesthetic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Just hoping the Mens Stye site is added to from your Milan trip. Too bad about the weather!

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Sart, I love the shot that looks like it's on the corner of 9th and 14th. The bag of groceries is genius! I really love your sense of light. You bring out the best of these girls...it looks like your work!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Great shots, Sart! I wish you all the best.

-A

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

love the second and third pictures...gorgeous! beautiful lighting in the third.

been tempted to invest in a silk romper for fall...this picture may have sealed the deal!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Good, wonderful, go ahead, thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Fabulous, absolutely fabulous!
Congratulations!

 

Blogger Style Saves the World said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Congratulations!! Beautiful shoots!

I love your site - any interest in swapping links?

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Congratulations to this great work!

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (12:32 PM) : 

wow, its finally out SART! did u shoot the story with you canon 5d?

A-mazing!

 

Blogger dolphinsaturday said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Love all of the voluminous outerwear. Great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

i wish paris wsnt on the cover but i love your editorial it looks like your work but cleaner

 

Blogger FREEBIE CITY said ... (2:04 PM) : 

sart,

there's a new change this fall. with these new diffusion lines out, from the go kids at target, vera in minor department stores and ysl's 24 line and here, it's all about such a complex art of layering to bring shape but also individual style. subtle is always good.

i've always admire your eyes and focus on people like this, from a master who can have that right bit of cuff to butterflies that are changed by a year in new york. it seems like they know that bit of restraint which makes them oh so beautiful.

so until i can finally come up to you at the shows and introduce myself, i'll just express admiration from afar. and i should since i see you all the time!

happy 2nd anni scott. i'll have to invite you to a drink at pitti uomo next i see you.

best,

"http://freebiecity.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

very goood Sartorialist! you are the best , i love your blog
your faithful cristina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Awesome!! As a faithful reader I am very happy for you! Those are fantastic photos, I love how the sun backlights the hair in the third picture! Congrats!!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:53 PM) : 

The photos are classic Sartorialist. I absolutely love the first two. They are amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I agree with you: to my eye, only the third one looks more "posed" than the others, but overall, your own style --with its spontaneity & excellent composition-- is intact.
Congratulations.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (4:08 PM) : 

Why is Paris on the cover of Elle?

Great shoot by the way...:) Keep it up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I hope you will update the Mens Style web for the Milan trip

 

Blogger MARCA REGISTRADA said ... (5:29 PM) : 

congrats, sart! ever thought 'bout a book of style or something??? i'd buy it!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

I've been reading your blog every day for over a year but this is my first comment -- I had to say how much I love your work and your posts. This is the only blog I read daily and the only blog I've ever followed for more than a few weeks. You deserve all the success you've been having. Your pictures are about so much more than fashion or style; they make me feel warmer about people in general. (And there aren't that many things that make this New Yorker feel that way!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

the pictures look beautiful! they still possess that chic-caught-on-the-street look that i've obsessed over in your work for quite a long time now!

 

Blogger Manuel Santelices said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Congrats! I find your blog, your pictures, you eye and the success story of The Sartorialist so very inspiring.
Thanks for all your efforts!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:16 PM) : 

This looks fresh and bright. I love it! Congratulations on it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

This is beautiful! I want a makeover...Sartorialist style.
Congratulations on a lovely spread. It shines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 PM) : 

The girl on the stairs definitely looks like your work. I haven't been a fan for long, but you picture people when they are off doing something. It's their real life and their personality shines through - that (I find) is the brilliance of your pictures. I've always been turned off from fashion spreads in magazines because the models are like mannequins where the clothes wear them, which is of course what the magazines are aiming for. But your pictures show the opposite - ordinary people wearing the clothes that best suits their style, frame, and personality. They put the life back in fashion - just fantastic!

 

Blogger Carla Paola said ... (8:29 PM) : 

congratulations! it's very nice to see you still can have your original aesthetic even in a magazine.

 

Blogger marta said ... (9:17 PM) : 

L.O.V.E.L.Y. hooray, hurrah. couldn't be happier for you. it's about darned time. am glad it still looks like your work too. oh happy day for you and that glorious camera.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:23 PM) : 

when having such resources the outcome is both polished an cohesive: the key elements of a clear message

Great work Mr.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

i often hate magazine shots because i can stare at them and find so many flaws, but these are great. happy two year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 AM) : 

loving all those pics. ^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

loving all those pics. ^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

I recently stumbled upon your website through another and I must say that in the last few days of gluing my eyes semi-permanent on the screen while I sifted through your photos has been worth it. Since, today I had gone out and bought a pair of cranberry hued jeans after being inspired by the photo of this young lady: http://bp1.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/Rf8MgiYWZfI/AAAAAAAAAjA/tPCcMmoGLp0/s1600-h/FoulWeather-2.jpg

That's a huge accomplishment for my wardrobe considering I've always stuck to my blacks and regular denim which aren't bad by any means but I've always told myself to be bolder in my choices and I can't believe that for once, I actually took my advice.

For someone who religiously reads fashion magazines day in and day out, I have to say that I am most interested in seeing how ready-to-wear and couture fashion affects real people. The best part is, you inspire people for free! :)

Keep up the great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 AM) : 

What can I add? Nothing really but congratulations you deserve all the allocades!

 

Blogger jkh said ... (11:07 AM) : 

congratulations sart!
its your light, scott.
but i think you also need your own stylist. the accessories for example should not all look that flaming new.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

******Who was the stylist?

It would be interesting if you describe the different professional work and interaction taht goes into the editorial.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Now I have bought ELLE today and it's fabulous, really. It was 9,90 Euro here in Austria, but it's worth the price :-)
Really well done, Mr. Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

Such great pics! I love the way you have maintained your own style right down to the last detail. There is nothing contrived about these pictures at all. It just seems like such a simple concept to style a shoot as though it were real life (albeit very stylish real life), but you are really the first person I have come across who has done it so effortlessly. Congratulations. I will be looking forward to getting a copy of the magazine when it hits our newsstands here in Australia.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Great stuff...too bad they didn't have you shoot the cover!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

wow paris hilton actually isn't fugly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

2nd photo down. Black and tan. Such a classic combination when the weather cools.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

THE SARTORIALIST RULES!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 AM) : 

wow! just lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

LOL

 

Blogger ev said said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I love all the poses. They seem so natural but still fabulous.

I specifically love the stair shot. The mixture of gray, tan, black and brown and the pop of red.
It would normally be hard to work those colors together but this is a lovely example.

thank you, you are amazing.

www.evsaid.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (3:13 AM) : 

Hello Sart, you're work is really beautiful..

I couldn't tell who is the model and who isn't.. or are they all models?? ;P

 

Blogger renéesturme. said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Fourth picture is Sylvia Geersen, right? How was she doing?

 

Blogger la femme said ... (11:46 AM) : 

congrats...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

i discovered u through this issue of elle. I was flipping through, and thought to myself how wonderful those pictures are. Honestly, they are amazing!!!! since then, i´ve been a fan of ur website. Awesome idea, great sense of style!

 

Blogger marie said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Great job!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Great shoot! Love the first pic!
Does anybody know where I can find those jeans?
Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Congrats! The pictures are wonderful and composed beautifully.

They also have your distinct signature as well which is great...

Lily
BeautyMaverick.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Love these shots. Nice work.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Nice and clean, no sign of pretentiousness...congrats Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

LOVE THESE!

_N

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting