This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

From December GQ - Luca Rubinacci

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

From December GQ - Luca Rubinacci

I have been dying for the Dec. GQ to drop so i could put these shots up on my blog.
I love all of Luca's quirky little details but they never look too overdone.


Comments on "From December GQ - Luca Rubinacci"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

It is difficult to find thin horizontal socks like that - did you get the brand of the socks by chance?

I like the whole look. Looks good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

This falls into two categories: 1.) do not try this at home, and 2.) the difference between "a" style and "my" style. He is clearly a man of his own mind with a great sense of himself and how things work together. Any one of these elements -- from the bold suit, to the socks, to the bracelets, could be a tragedy if in the wrong hands, but he takes all these quirky and bold elements and uses one to subdue the others. Kind of reminds of me of Lincoln's "Team of Rivals."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

What is he wearing around his right wrist? And why this belt? The square pattern on his suit, the tie, the pink shirt and the pink socks are joyful enough. All these bits and bobs are making him over the top - modest, simple, unpretentious clothing with only one single outstanding piece would suit him much better.
Baz

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Looks like a costume to me. Not a business suit.

 

Blogger Nor said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Oh, golly! He is gifted. Clever, clever, clever and it looks brill.

 

Blogger E.H.R said ... (10:42 AM) : 

that is a simply gorgeous outfit. The first time I've really liked a window pane style suit as well.

 

Blogger Eni + Anu said ... (10:49 AM) : 

You are truly a sartorialist. I'm loving the new insight I'm getting from you on masculine elegance. Very inspiring!

And may I just say I LOVE THE BRACELETS!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

man-bangles! phenomenal!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I love windowpane check. This colorway of the check is one of my favorite color combinations.

This man dresses outside the limits of typical men's "style." Guys don't have as many options as women, so I suppose that the fun is found in the creative combinations of texture, pattern, finish, cut, etc. At least they have shoe options!

I like what he's done here. I find it refreshing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

The world would be a better place if more men dressed like this!

 

Blogger tintin said ... (11:14 AM) : 

A beautiful single breasted peak lapel. Working buttons on the cuff. Can't see the jacket pockets. Are they hacking? And the surcingle belt makes this. It's out there but I admire the guy's style and minerals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Wow! Talk about coordinated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Other socks and other tie (dark colored) and it would have been 10 points. This is just over the top, not much, but a bit too far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Oh! socks!..!..!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Just look at those details. What a suit. What a dress. Magnifico.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

How I wish that all men looked like this. This suit is something that 99% of the men who wear it will get horribly wrong.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (11:38 AM) : 

so good,
and yet
SOO much thought went into that look it almost announces itself too much.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Beautiful photos, Scott! Wonderful suit, superb pattern and colour. I am a sucker for plaid suits.

I love the details here: peak lapels, ethnic bracelets, surcingle belt, striped socks, suede (and scuffed!) brogues, pocket square.

This gentleman is hitting all the right notes. Okay, maybe there is just a bit too much going on. But, I still love it. I have to admit, this young gentleman looks like me, but with a lot less hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Wow. Rockin' the windowpane plaid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Why can't ALL men look like this?! The world would be such a beautiful place.

Then again, I suppose I wouldn't appreciate it as much if it was commonplace.

Fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

What a cutie! Now this is not for the amateur - you have to really know your color, texture and be willing to go for it. Luca is my favorite guy of yours this season!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I think he looks too affected and the whole look is forced, unlike the vested gentleman a couple of scrolls down. I wouldn't want to have brunch with him.

 

Blogger davmo said ... (12:28 PM) : 

...I love this blog, really!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Great outfit, I love that belt!

 

Blogger Emma said ... (12:34 PM) : 

wow...menswear doesn't usually do too much for me but...he really looks stunning

 

Blogger Mr.Coffee said ... (12:45 PM) : 

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I have been following your site since a friend introduced me to it,and you are very talented.

To have the eye you do is a gift --
and sometimes a curse!

NO ONE dresses like the Milaness male. This is a perfect example.
I still have the image of the purple/navy blue store window in my head

I live in N.Y., which one would
hope is quite sophisticated, but all I see is one badly dressed person after another -- except
for the European visitor.

Anouck

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:51 PM) : 

wow, nice details!

 

Blogger MEO said ... (1:22 PM) : 

impeccabile direi..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Really great mix of color... well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

The loose pantcut is nice.I do like the belt,shirt and tie,but the bracelets, the socks and the shoes are a bit too much.Not so sure of the checked suit either.

 

Blogger Milt-fresh_best-dressed said ... (1:51 PM) : 

I love the way the gentleman brings a sublte patern to life. I have to give it a 10

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (2:07 PM) : 

This really is one of my favourite posts. I love, love, love this suit. The braided belt was a little unexpected but so brilliant!...and those socks...with those shoes. This gentleman is obviously innately cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

looks overdone to me, in my opinion of course...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Very nice. Bold choices. The socks and bracelets are nice touches.

The belt, unfortunately, looks like he's traveling and forgot to pack his dress belt, but that's why it's called personal style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

It's overdone in your photo series, making him look somewhat like "The Playful Pimp." You know, the one that's new to The Game and won't slap you in the face if you don't have his money.

In real life, however, if you saw him walking down the street there would only be glimpses of his "extras."

A peek of his sock as he moves past you. A glimpse of his man beads when he looks at his watch or scratches his head.

He's quite the spectacle.

mltt

 

Blogger Chaustin said ... (2:27 PM) : 

absolutely fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

This guy is one of the coolest cats I've ever seen. Suit is impeccable, textures of light flannella, against the casualness of the belt and other wrist accoutrements. Perfect.

 

Blogger SMII said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Bravo Mr Rubinacci!
I really like Luca's style and his interpretation of the famous Neapolitan silhouette.

 

Blogger Tereneh Idia said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Lovely. I hope the GQ has the detail shots as well, you can really see how he pulls everything togeher. I love the whole ensemble but really love the bracelets and the socks, chic, timeless with a slice of wit. Nice. Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I love that his isn’t afraid of colours!:) /Sophie♥

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

since the suit's check is so bold the rest should be calm. overdone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

I think it does look overdone, too much thought into a look or an outfit can result in looking a bit like a manequin; which I feel he does.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Love the mix of patterns: Spectacular!!!

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (4:13 PM) : 

I heart window pane.

Pink shirt and pink striped socks -- great.

Belt -- not so sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

what can I say! YAY what a man ;) love the combination of shirt and socks

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (4:38 PM) : 

The striped socks and fabric knotted belt are a surprise to me. I don't know if I like them with the suit but they are definitely interesting details to the mix.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Playful but elegant, masculine but youthful, brash but modest. For me the point of transcendence is the suede shoe. Fantastic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Clearly the best fitting suit that has been featured on this site. It really blows almost everything else away. The shirt and tie are lovely in concert with the suit, but everything else strikes me as a bit much.

It is interesting to contrast this suit with some shown at the various shows on the reps from some of the "sartorial" companies. This one is obviously the real deal, and the others not so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

bravo!
let's see more guys like him with some good sartorial style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

looooverly

 

Blogger _ said ... (7:08 PM) : 

ahhh!! he's so cute. i want to bump into him on the street so i can see this first hand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 PM) : 

The outfit looks overdone to me.

 

Blogger Puebla Chic said ... (10:40 PM) : 

I-AM IN-LOVE!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

The cut of Luca's suit is absolutely perfect. I would expect nothing less from the son of Mariano Rubinacci. This is the quintessential Neapolitan suit...and Scholte's English drape cut is quite evident.

Thank you for showing such a beautiful bespoke suit. What men should take away from this is that it all comes down to cut. I love the fabric of the suit, but the cut is everything here.

The belt is not even an issue because, as a gentleman, Luca keeps his coat buttoned at all times, thus concealing it. Likewise the socks are hardly visible, and relate to his shirt quite well. I love that his pocket square has nothing to do with anything else he is wearing. The only thing I dislike are the bracelets, but that's because I wouldn't wear them...I dislike things on my wrists.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

This doesn't look "too overdone"? You must be joking, Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 AM) : 

Great Pic, Sartorialist! I like the cut of the suit even though I prefer flatfront trousers. Also, I've been getting more and more into turn-ups - these days they seem to fit narrow trousers perfectly. The bracelets are pure spezzatura - the rule for men is three, I think, but this works well. And brown suede brogues with a blue suit are pretty much the pinnacle of sartorial style to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

I love it. Dressed up but with a fun twist. The different patterns shouldn't work but they so do...The men in black suits and white shirts at my office would hate this!- which makes me love it more... a rebellious businessman.

 

Blogger Vistiendo a Candela said ... (5:50 AM) : 

I love the socks!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Am I the only one who finds laguna beach trad's comments creepy?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 AM) : 

That suit is to freaking nice! The rest is periphery to that suit, awesome colour, perfect fall material, lovely.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

I think he looks like a clown. The suit pattern is bold and quite wonderful but the rest of it is just a mix of colors. Coordinated you say? look again. None of the palettes go together, which would be fine if it made a point but he has just chosen things with bold color for that only reason. The suit is an italian bs number, and this gentleman surely knows very little about balance in a mans suit. look at the lapels. as fs said, he is clearly a man of his own mind and strong personal style - too bad that the personal style is of a very low taste level. 2/10

 

Blogger Jocke said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Great shot, great outfit. A true dandy.
You wouldn't happen to have a better view of his pocket square?

 

Blogger Samantha Smikle said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I love that there's so many great details in this outfit--even down to his bracelets--but as a whole its looks far from overdone!
--Samantha omowrites.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

This can't be right. I'm sorry don't like the look. I can't believe everyone actually likes this whole look. I have already been snubbed on one comment. I hope this blogged isn't being censored. It would take away from the truthfulness, and credibility.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

This is the way men should dress !!
Love the look, love the photo's.
These pics inspire me and are one of the reasons I keep on surfing The Sartorialist.

Well spotted Scott !

 

Blogger Ana Pinho said ... (12:29 PM) : 

You should book a trip to Paris soon. With the strikes, they are using the bikes more than ever before, and being everlasting cool as usual!

 

Blogger underneath said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Very detaild - but still low key. That`s difficult to obtain.

 

Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said ... (1:14 PM) : 

GREAT JOB, I always LOVE THE NYC SHOTS, I used to live there for years, SO LOOKING AT ALL TH STYLISH people in your NYC pics, i miss it even more.

LOVE UR BLOG..!

Jen Ramos
'Earth Friendly DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com

 

Blogger Le Bouton said ... (3:17 PM) : 

very stefano tonchi circa 1996

 

Blogger Cosima said ... (3:36 PM) : 

I dont like it at all. Too much.

 

Blogger mydrid said ... (5:24 PM) : 

i disagree, he does looks a little overdone, doesn't him? it is either the belt or the socks but both...?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 AM) : 

Less IS more

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

bellissima la foto con i braccialetti. un dettaglio giovanile, quasi eccentrico. Mi piace :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Rubinacci is not a brand.....
Rubinacci is a life style.........

GEMO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

SIMPLY UNIQUE !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

THIS GUY IS GOING TO MAKE HISTORY

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

What flair. Interestingly enough, the public portion of the belts are thoroughly conservative but hold hidden surprises. I agree with fashion senseless, do not try this at home.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Isn't "K.I.S.S." a guideline to dressing up?

This just has too much going on for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Sooo much better than the typical men's suit. <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

I like this man's great style. It's what makes him unique!

Personally, I love the suit, the shirt, the shoes, the "Rasta-like" bracelet on his wrist, the irreverent humor in the socks; however, I find the tie and belt a bit inelegant. I would have done a nice brown belt and a nicer tie that could have helped to unite the entire look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Sart you are so right. This look could quickly slip into affectation and overly styled. It doesn't and just works perfectly. I love that suit! I'm going to show my husband and tell him to get one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I love bracelets on men, i think they're very sexy and cool on beach bum/urban hippie types. It is rare, though, to see a man who has the guts to wear them with a suit.

Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Well, I'm never going to be able to dress like that, but the whole look of the outfit on this particular man is just so good. I can feel in my soul the quality of the material of that suit.If I saw this person anywhere I would just stare, stare, stare. Can you lust after clothes?With these, I certainly can!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 AM) : 

I think the sock is by Paul Smith

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

even though it will be looking nice and fashionable with fancy and colorful socks like Paul smith...

But at least we need to wear classcial socks when we are in suit.....

Just my thoughts....

But the guy is exellent!!!
I mean it!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting