This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Interior of Small Woodworking Shop, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 30, 2007

Interior of Small Woodworking Shop, Florence


Comments on "Interior of Small Woodworking Shop, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

What a romantic little shop! It feels like a timewarp. It's nice to see a true craftsman's shop.

 

Blogger Klokka said ... (9:09 AM) : 

lovely! makes me think of grandfathers and christmas and tea, and also makes me long for less technological surroundings..

 

Blogger Thu said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I love the child's touch, just behind the door.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

does kreativity grow in concrete, steel and glass?

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (9:46 AM) : 

The colors in the top photo are the colors that Braque made his world with.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

What a nice surprise!!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

The top photo is art and I would love to display it in my home. The colors....and it has a mood. I love it.

 

Blogger Jill said ... (11:42 AM) : 

so charming

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Ahhh...I love florence!

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (12:21 PM) : 

I like these photographs very much. I think it's nice the way these images break up the flow of your portraits. I like the juxtaposition.

Random quote on juxtaposition:
"I like the construction of sentences and the juxtaposition of words-not just how they sound or what they mean, but even what they look like."
- Don DeLillo

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (3:01 PM) : 

How romantic, I love stumbling over these perfect traditional little shops - Europe always does them best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

In the footsteps of another famous woodworking shop from Tuscany - that of Geppetto!

Were you just passing by?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Beautiful shots Sart, particularly the first one, great textures. That's the kind of thing I would put on a mood board for winter style inspiration. Would look beautiful as a print.

 

Blogger philip said ... (11:10 PM) : 

This is a collection, you know? Frame these stunning photos, and you've got a show.

 

Blogger Celeste said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Wow!

I know this comment is slightly late, but I didn't have the opportunity to write anything yesterday. I just wanted to share how perfectly WONDERFUL these images are! My father was a carpenter while I was growing up, and we had a wood shop in our backyard where he would work during the days. I used to go out and visit him several times during the day, and I would do everything from play with the shavings and extra wood to give him pictures to "decorate" his shop with. I even remember a couple of clown ones!

This image is so busy... but wonderfully nostalgic. <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Wonderful! It is refreshing to see this blog include some new concepts. It is pleasing to see that you and your readers appreciate and understand the joys of the artisan and his atelier.

I worked in real estate development for many years and "retired" at a relative young age (35). I now have my own shop focusing on restoration carpentry. I've never been happier!! The sense of accomplishment and pride is unparalleled when compared to other professions. I strongly encourage others who have the inclination and skill to pursue artisan work. These are the people that make the world a better place to live. As far as money, you should be able to make enough to get by. If you are good you should be able to bring in around $175k. You won't have many, if any, luxuries on that income, but you should be able to pay your bills.

Thanks for posting this.

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (4:47 PM) : 

so lovely!!!
and with such a life!!!
perfect!

 

Blogger Nora said ... (11:14 AM) : 

These photos are so beautiful and moving. I love how your eye for design, color, and composition (and care about craftmanship) extend from fashion to other human endeavors.
Thank you.

 

Anonymous Android Phones said ... (2:03 AM) : 

I would describe the first combination of clothing as cool; the acrylic and metallic silver colors from the scarf and leggings offer an interesting balance that is not overdone or mismatching. I think the look would not be complete if the scarf were not there. 2945abc45 0425

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting