This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Forget The Bag For A Second....

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

On the Street.....Forget The Bag For A Second....

I can't stop looking at the dress, tights, flats combo.

I bet she is carrying her "real shoes" in the red bag. This is a pretty chic way to have your heels and still make it around town.

Comments on "On the Street.....Forget The Bag For A Second...."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

It is really nice that the picture is so large I can really see all the details and there is now need for guessing. Wish all your pictures could be enlarged as much.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (10:08 AM) : 

I like her tights, but whenever I wear mine like (for aesthetic or warmth purposes) they end up getting all wrecked and pilled where my heel is and then I can't wear them normally anymore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Scottsies, I love your blog....However, I have to say the girls you have chosen as of late are dull...dull...dull...They are just blah...no pizzaz. Generic and flat (unfortunately that's how the NYC fellows like them)...but your men are to die for...like that Noah fellow...I get more dressing cues from the men you choose plus lots of day dreaming inspiration if you will.....cheers!

 

Blogger Jaci S said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I have some copperish colored flats that fold up in a little pouch that I carry around whenever I have to walk far, yet want to look good. I almost screamed in the store when I saw them last year. I was trying ever so hard to develop something like that so I could walk longer distances, keep the heels,and not be stuck with a dorky pair of sneakers. I am still trying to come up with something a little smaller. any material ideas would be welcome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Those colours with her hair and complexion! Wonderful.

I've been wearing stirrup tights for about a month now under dresses and I'm all about them. Perfect for in-between weather and they don't chop you off at the ankle like footless tights do so abruptly and unflatteringly when wore with flats.

She looks lovely and I think you're spot on about the heels in the bag.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Her look is so cool and she looks so confortable, love it!

 

Blogger Meg said ... (11:03 AM) : 

A girl who does chic casual so well. I love this plum shade and I have to say, even if she doesn't have a pair of shoes in her bag, she still looks pretty fabulous. Gorgeous too, the lucky thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Bag? What bag? I love the fact that she's wearing dancer's stirrups w/ ballet flats! The entire outfit (read bag and all) is very dancer chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Wow, if the women featured on this blog as of late are all "dull" then we're all screwed! Also, Amberfair, a good portion of the recent posts on this blog haven't been in NYC...they've been from all over the world, so that's a bit of an unfair judgment or at the very least, a naive statement to make.


Love the stirrup tights...I think they look very cool with heels where just the right amount of bare foot is showing. It creates a nice break between the end of the tight and the start of the shoe. That purple color is luscious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

I just have to comment the YSL bag,cause it fits the girl so well. Wish she wore shoes with heels or boots and saved those slippers for inside use. Now she looks a bit out of balance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

sarto, this lady came in showroom where i was working, exctely with this look, and everybody (other cutomers, sellers, models)was impressed about her beautiful look and the colours! she has great taste and combines expensive brands with easy things.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Forget the clothes altogether, I can't stop looking at her stunning face. Those eyes are some of the most incredible I have ever seen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Those are NOT 'stirrup' tights, as one poster mentioned, they are footless/heel tights. They are different. You can also get this look using 'convertible' ballet tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Yes, I should have said the women of New York...but come to think of it the majority of the women here are dull...it's not naive...A YSL bag and a trip to Barneys or LVMH store does not mean anything special...a lot of these looks are played out...stirrup tights...booties...sweater dresses? Please......my friends and I started wearing that stuff three years ago...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

my next purchase will be stirrup tights.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Although I love the plum colored belted dress (a pity it's covered in the jacket and we can't see the details) and the tights, I don't fancy the way the skin comes through at the feet.

Maybe she's a dancer and that's her leotards (God! I haven't used that word since 1980s). :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Wow Amberfair, you certainly think highly of your fabulous self! Relax.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

To Amberfair:
I pity someone who thinks that style is all about the most up-to-the minute looks. To me that has more to do with consumerism than style. And what a joyless way to get dressed in the morning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

1:45 - Well, they look like stirrup tights to me because that's how mine look [yes, I will admit to owning not just one, but two pairs!] when I wear them. You can't really see the exposed heel if the shoe covers it or you pull the fabric down further.

My apologies.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

yeah amberfair so nasty, geez.

I think the tights are really just a dancer's look, not necessarily innovative but very indicative of a certain type of lifestyle...

 

Blogger Pauspling said ... (7:37 PM) : 

I like her hair!

And the plum...but there is almost too much plum...

 

Blogger Emma said ... (8:37 PM) : 

definitely NOT stirrup tights...stirrup tights look like..well...a STIRRUP

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:16 PM) : 

im a californian and while working in NY, i had to carry an extra tote bag to carry my heels. i dont know how you NY ladies do it! i simply cannot walk the whole city in my heels. much kudos to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Those are certainly convertible tights....probably Capezio (seamed), but there are also Body Wrappers brand too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

Actually, as a ballerina myself,I can clear up the tights issue. They are called transition rights (love them). But I think these are just regular footless tights pulled over the heel. Stirrups expose the heel because tgey just have a strap. Anyway regular stirrups are ugly and unnecessary because tights are much stretchier than they used to be.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 PM) : 

LOVE her EYES!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 PM) : 

yeesh, folks, amberfair has a right to her opinion... that is the beauty of sart's website! i happen to like this look because of the color but i as well have found myself a bit bored as of late with the plethora of dress/tights/booties shots. and i say this as someone who is wearing this very look a lot. BUT - i come to websites like sart's cos i expect to see something new and unexpected, something refreshing, and i think many of us do. (no pressure sart! i still love your website regardless!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Love it. And let's not forget the bag--better than a backpack or gym bag and obviously full of things she needs to carry! I carry a bag that size everyday, for my laptop and books. Much better than a laptop bag. We should still applaud the chicer option (even if life and looks would be better with small bags...if you must carry, carry in style!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

she is really cool...

 

Blogger s.212 said ... (2:03 AM) : 

I like how the tights extend a few inches onto her foot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

so if they're not stirrup tights, then do they have another name??

anyway, i absolutely love stirrup tights as well as this type. they lengthen the legs so nicely.

the tonal range of aubergine/plum on this girl is fantastic! love her (lanvin?) ballet flats.

 

Blogger Ju said ... (4:22 AM) : 

All the girls in Seoul have been wearing these toeless/heel-less tights for the last month or so. I had been referring to them as stirrups myself, but as an earlier commenter pointed out, they do have a different look from the pants that end at the ankle with a strap going around the foot that we wore in the 80's.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (9:39 AM) : 

She looks great!
And thank God she's not wearing big white sneakers and carrying her real shoes. That's the commuter look in Boston: UGH!

 

Blogger _ said ... (7:13 PM) : 

stirrup tights with flats? you can't avoid looking like you've got hooves instead of feet from the side if you're wearing them with ballerina flats... fashion should be 360 degrees of wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

one of the most beautiful women i've seen on your site. the masses of blonde hair, the enormous bright eyes, the strong profile... very feminine... but not in an "archaic" way because of the way she dresses. she serves as a fine example to contradict amberfair.

 

Blogger sidonie said ... (10:50 AM) : 

thats a really nice combination, stylish and comfortable. would be exiting how her "real" shoes look like..

sidonie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I think she looks adorable. Her beautiful eyes and perfectly shaped brows stand out. The tights and flats may not be for everyone, but they look wonderful on her. She has lovely calves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Marni has footless tights like that. They're called 'toeless' tights.

 

Blogger M said ... (12:17 AM) : 

Would love to know what brand those shoes are/where they are from. Love those flats. Anyone know?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

I can't stop checking out this photo. I love all the plum!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

I like that you are explaining which elements of the looks you are most attracted to, lately. It makes the blog much more personal and insightful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 AM) : 

I hate the concept of *real shoes* carried in a bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

What a beautiful shot and what a beautiful women. She looks completely at ease with herself and not overdone or trying too hard. I love the shades of plum, the big bag and the casual practicality of the flats. Perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

To look cool and be comfortable at the same time is not a simple thing, but she is a perfect example of both! I love the lacquered bordeaux flat! very nice...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

She is wearing Porselli ballerinas! They are absolutly lovely. I have many pairs of them in different colours and material - leather, patent leather or satin -. They come from the historical Porselli shop here in Milan, next to La Scala, just behind Trussardi Café. Hope this is useful for who felt in love with them (like me. ;-)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting