This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Vintage Monday....Pale Blue Coat, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, November 26, 2007

Vintage Monday....Pale Blue Coat, Soho

I love that the trim was all navy and not black.

Comments on "Vintage Monday....Pale Blue Coat, Soho"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

She looks like a Tiffany box!

 

Blogger Landis said ... (9:55 AM) : 

and I love that green wall you keep putting people in front of.

or do you just carry a LOT of green paint around with you. . .?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

It reminds me to a mix between ancient greek and empire (1810) fashion. Great!

Have you seen 'inmortal beloved' by Bernard Rose... I wish that kind of costume -so femenine, confortable and beautiful- was the new trend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

I love it when ladys wear a coat as if it was a dress. So fun and practical!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Wicked!

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I love her haircut, her makeup and her boots. The coat... I'm not sure.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Great photo! Love her haircut, and the flat patent boots with the gray wooly tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Vintage monday! I love the concept. It is great to star the tough week in a fun way, at least in the outfits.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:45 AM) : 

My eyes popped when I saw that coat!

I nearly forgot to look at the girl!

But how perfect she looks, that pixie cut, the patent go-go boots, it's all there.

 

Blogger kathy said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Is the coat actually vintage? Because there's a coat at Zara that looks very similar.

 

Blogger Claris said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Interesting choice, great color. Looks like she could go down a size, though. But I suppose if it's really vintage, do you do alterations or do you wear what you've got?

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Love the color and the detailing. However, structurally, it is not very flattering coat. Or maybe it is very flattering, depending on how you look at it. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

i don't like this at all. the tiffany shade with red lips is always cute, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Ohhh my god!!!! lovely coat!

 

Blogger FOUNDfashion said ... (2:06 PM) : 

I love these old coats that zip up half way and then button at the top. I have a Courreges jacket that does the same thing but is much more fitted.

Vintage Mondays Rule! Thank you for this!

 

Blogger Vistiendo a Candela said ... (2:12 PM) : 

She looks perfect i love the coat.
The best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

This woman looks wonderfully stylish, retro and "Twiggy-like."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

So eye-catching, the coat is fantastic! (On a total non-sequitur, her feet seem really tiny to me. Perhaps I noticed because I personally have skis.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

This coat is really vintage (mid 60s....a knock off of Courreges, I suspect, if not the real thing) and if you were to alter something very vintage like this, you need someone w/ real skills. A bad alteration can totally screw up vintage. It's not like you can go out and buy another just like it! ;?)

Personally, I don't care for the coat, but she wears it w/ moxie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

She is such a lovely woman. I'm a vintage junkie, and so adore the coat --it goes perfectly with her boots and haircut, too. I do think, however, that the overall look would be slightly improved by 2 inches of skirt peeking out below the bottom of her coat --but that's just me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Is she very, very small? All my vintage coats have sleeves that are much shorter than the length we generally wear them today. If it's no vintage, where can I get one? : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Holy Cow part II! I love this. I was walking to work through Grand Central this morning...it was so dreary. I was just hoping for somebody who was wearing color to walk by. Black, grey, tan, trench, peacoat, black...This splash of color is just what I needed visually. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Sart, you just brightened up my day--it's definitely been a Monday. Love the color and she is adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Wow, what a perfect color for a rainy day like today.

I admit, though, that I couldn't help but want to redress her. Besides the coat, I agree with another poster that I'd like to see some skirt poking out, and I think the boots should be taller and more substantial, or on a dry day, switch to T Strap mini-heels.

Still, bravo on the coat, hair, makeup...

 

Blogger DS said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Smashing splash of colour, always good to see during the dreary weathered days.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Good lord; that coat is gorgeous.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (9:06 PM) : 

To Sart, With Love: Oh LORD. This is dreamy.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (10:21 PM) : 

I really love this-- the hair, the boots, the jacket, the leggings, they all go great together. She looks very mature, which isn't a bad thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 PM) : 

She's a mod cupcake! Simply adorable in a Courreges sort of way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 PM) : 

Sart you are a genius! The way you entertain us (The whole world. I am writing from Santiago, Chile) and yourself is the epitome of globalization you are a true siber-wizard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

AH! I wore my vintage coat today, just by coincidence. And I also have a pixie haircut! I feel so in synch with the Sartorialist! (My vintage coat is unfortunately black and slightly too big for me, but it is in mint condition, has a lovely velvet collar and beautiful buttons, and the proper chamois lining makes it warm in winter.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 AM) : 

totally different from all the blackblackblack dress-tights-booties looks from fashion week... LOVE!!!!! love love love!!! thank you sart. a breath of fresh (tiffanyish) air.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (2:36 AM) : 

I love it! Very Unique! I like the bold outlines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

fucking HOT!

 

Blogger Spandrel Studios said ... (8:27 AM) : 

That color combination is so nice this time of year - parting the sea of black coats.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

What a perfect coat! My only criticism is the zip - I think it ruins the overall look. It would have been nice to have seen some covered buttons instead...I'd still buy it though! xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Simply shocking !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

She has a really interesting face, she looks like Greta Scacchi. The coat is too cool for words.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM) : 

I'm not fond of the coat(a personal color thing I think), and don't like the leggings with it, but her haircut is terrific and totally suits her face, and I love the boots.

 

Blogger sophie said ... (12:13 PM) : 

gorgeous, so vintage looking. its so nice to see color in the wintertime rather than just blacks. kudos to her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

i'm not sold on the coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 AM) : 

that girl is too cool for school.

what a fabulous coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 AM) : 

oh merril, dear. ever stylish!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting