This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street..... CDG Tailoring, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, December 17, 2007

On the Street..... CDG Tailoring, London

Comments on "On the Street..... CDG Tailoring, London"

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Ah, them Brits, always to be counted on for fun-in-clothes.

This dress of this rather androgynous figure takes me back to...well, never mind.

But in the late sixties, pants like these were dubbed pate d'elephant for their obvious resemblance to the gams of said creature.

Nice ensemble!

 

Blogger Carey Lifschultz said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Cut almost precisely like Chaplin's ensemble in the Gold Rush. This is a compliment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

I give her props for having fun. What a great fabric! However, the waist on those pants makes them look like pajamas.

 

Blogger wear palettes said ... (11:42 AM) : 

combining hair and bag, nice.

 

Blogger Claris said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Tailoring? In a deconstructed way, maybe. Those are elastic waist pants.

 

Blogger Eryl Shields said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Is this another smoker? You really are pushing boundaries! Good on you as we say here in blighty.

What does CDG stand for?

Entranced by those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Someone help this is going to drive me crazy! Her name has escaped me, but isn't this woman a very famous architect? And I've previously noticed that she has amazing style. I'm so happy you posted her on here (if in fact it is the right person).

 

Blogger Café Mode said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Isn't she Sophie Hicks, the architect? I love her masculine style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I love the rumpled jauntiness of the style. And what heavenly cheekbones!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

male?

female?

does it matter?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

This is such a timeless look.

Thanks for bringing me back (in a good way) to Amsterdam 1983.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Once again I´m puzzeled.She or a He? Don´t like these overwide and too long pants. The idea of bringing all the dirt from the streets inside your house is disgusting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Is he a guy????

 

Blogger Emma said ... (5:37 PM) : 

do my eyes deceive me or is that an elastic waistband on those pants...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

No, Emma, your eyes are just fine, definitely elastic. The entire ensemble is lost on me. The pants are too draggy and the coat? We won't talk about the coat...or the bag. This is Salvation Army 20% off pre-Christmas sale. On a positive note, she certainly does have her own style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Is that a CCCP bag? I'd like to see it carried past survivors of the Gulag. About as edgy as a swastika.

Blech.

 

Blogger Alana in Canada said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Those are mighty high cheekbones for a fellow: but look at those hands!

 

Blogger Seattle Bites said ... (5:39 AM) : 

I really like that you post androgynous women along with the 20 year model girls. I like material and the jacket as well as the shape of the pants. I wish the skinny pant craze would die. I find the visible elastic waist to be rather tacky and I don't understand why people like them. It's just as easy to get pants that fit correctly and have a simple tab closure.

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (6:33 AM) : 

Oh, wow. It's so Charlie Chaplin and Adam Ant, together.

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (6:35 AM) : 

Oh, and Eryl: CDG, I think, stands for Commes des Garcons. Perfect for this picture, considering its meaning in French..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

She's fabulous. This is not something I'd have thought of wearing, but the rumpled, masculine, Charlie Chaplin style is magic. The way it's carried off is definately also to do with her stunning face, hair and stance - most people wouldn't look good in this.

 

Blogger Liza Cowan said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I love the androgeny of this person. Don't mind the elastic waist so much, but with the slouchy bag the whole ensemble is too rumply. A nice crisp bag would give it some contrast.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

If she isn't an architect, she sure as heck looks like one. This is very typical for architect-who-came-of-age in-the-80's-90's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Sexy!!! My heart would drop if I saw her/him in the street. Obviously an advanced creature.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Reminds me of David Bowie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

I am happily married with children but I will still go out on a date with this being.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

A 2001 article written by Sophie Hicks on how she likes to look...very interesting in light of the discussion here.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20010407/ai_n14380043

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Very handsome woman. I love the suit, but would like it so much more with a fitted waistband. The shoes and bag are a miss, though. I'm also not feeling the hair color, but her serious gaze is entrancing.

 

Blogger Jael Paris said ... (8:55 PM) : 

I'm glad the shoes are peeking out from the pants. I love wide legs, but they shouldn't eat your feet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 AM) : 

I must say I like the "tailoring" of the pants (wide legged and so on), but I can't be bothered with the elastic waist, it ruins things slightly. But there is something very personal about her style and I like that.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

Oh and may I just say thank you to anonymous who posted the link for the article; it was so refreshing to read. And as I had suspected, the woman has such a knowledge of herself and style, that the posted picture is just an elaboration of that.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Kristin my thought exactly! Very cool look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

You are all absolutely right about the elastic waist it is truly dreadful. Who among you knows how to sew and will put a proper waistband on for me??

Sophie

PS I'm very flattered and amused to be a centre of attention.....

 

Blogger Rachella said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Thank you for posting some photos from London, though we're not a very polished lot over here.

 

Blogger kalindoscopy said ... (1:32 AM) : 

Clothes: unforgivable waist&weight. Excellent model.

 

Blogger La Receptionista said ... (4:42 PM) : 

The construction of the jacket and trousers reminds me of an Issey Miyake make-it-yourself dressmaking pattern released by Vogue in the '90's. Love it - the pattern always goes for a fortune whenever it shows up on Ebay.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I KNEW it was Sophie. I tried to be her assistant once. She never replied ha ha

Was always interested in the fact she wears cricket whites around the house , like me.

Not sure about THIS outfit though at all - but do come to London Sartorialist - brick lane on a sunday or portobello rd market on a saturday or friday will fill your pages for months.............

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Interesting article you got here. I'd like to read more about that matter. Thanks for sharing that information.
Sexy Lady
Girls for companionship in London

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting