This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...... Palais Royal, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, January 20, 2008

On the Street...... Palais Royal, Paris

Comments on "On the Street...... Palais Royal, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 AM) : 

If I had worn that, I would have looked and felt grey , dowdy !
But she comes above that! Like a fairy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 AM) : 

She and her adorable kooky glasses are adorable. The stance just reinforces the beautiful, teen nerd image.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 AM) : 

Oh my god, she is gorgeous!!! So simple, yet fabulous. I love the glasses on her, as I did on the previous post :)

 

Blogger Laurita:Editha said ... (5:42 AM) : 

this is definitely done but undone.
love her face, her glasses and above all: her smile.
cute girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

Great style, I love the way she wears her scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 AM) : 

yay granny glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 AM) : 

That is seriously sexy. The big openness of the glasses complements the somewhat lazy quality to her eyes really well, and the dark blue tones (nicely picked up by the embroidery in the scarf) set off by the white look great, to me.

I visited Paris for the first time this fall, and the girls/women (I'm 22) made me want to stay. Unfortunately, I speak no French, so woe is me. Thanks for the photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 AM) : 

The white t-shirt showing from under her dark sweater is an unconscious, yet very cool effect and stands out in a lovely way against her dark clothes. Though the pieces themselves may seem unremarkable alone, their effect together on this girl is effortlessly cool. And, of course, her glasses--what a great androgynous touch.

 

Blogger Hélène said ... (6:36 AM) : 

lover her glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 AM) : 

her glasses are extraordinary ...i like it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 AM) : 

There you go: it's all about the attitude. Black trousers, white tee and a darkblue cardi, some scarf with the usual pattern and those slightly moronic glasses (cf. the young lady below) = nothing without that posture and that look on her face. I'm loving it - and I'm going to rehearse it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 AM) : 

Her style is great! I really like the the colors she's wearing and the way she matched the scarf with her sweater and the glasses. I admire the fact that everything she is wearing is very laid back but chic at the same time.

 

Blogger OndrejS said ... (7:46 AM) : 

Obviously I love the scarf. But I think maybe its more about the way she is holding it than about the scarf itself.... Also I gotta admit I keep a great attraction to women wearing white t-shirts. So maybe thats why I like this picture so much...

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (7:54 AM) : 

love this. simple. comfortable. warm. that used to be my uniform.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Simple and safe. It all seems very comfortable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

The thick frames and the pose transform her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 AM) : 

beautiful pose. beautiful scarf

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

she is wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Those glasses are so difficult to pull off well. She wears them beautifully.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

I love her pose and her glasses!

 

Blogger premier said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Dang. I love her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

That sweater looks deliciously cozy! I love that it's lopsided at the hem so you see the white of the shirt underneath, keeping the outfit from being too monotone. Classic comfy style. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

A younger, female version of Hamish Bowles. Glasses included. It is a lovely portrait - great draping.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

love those glasses and the way her white tee peaks out from underneath her sweater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

A perfectly lovely young lady! Nice scarf!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

That is the most perfect wearing of the "boyfriend" sweater, ever. I'm inspired to sit down and knit one in that colour and yarn type. Excellent.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:58 AM) : 

great!
am loving these pics of women wearing pared down pieces and tailoring.
the t-shirt is cool.
this is pretty much my daily uniform:)

 

Blogger King Roomie Rock said ... (11:02 AM) : 

What a great scarf...wonderful photo!

 

Blogger g said ... (11:23 AM) : 

wow! she can actually wear those glasses without looking ridiculous. must be because she has kept everything else so simple, hair, makeup.. and she's beautiful. i must say i really love your photos, they make all other street style pictures look... cheap

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

oddly elegant no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

obviously you're spot on with the photo composition; as for her she looks intentionally unkempt. I love it. I like the glasses too, actually. Cool! =)

 

Blogger Mother Gin Sling said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Less is more... The different textures work perfectly. Even the t-shirt peeps out exquisitely. And alleluia, for big rimmed prescription glasses 'à la Emmanuelle Khan' are coming back!

 

Blogger Sara said ... (11:52 AM) : 

What a beautiful shot. I love the chabby chic outfit, I love the glasses but most of all, I cannot stop looking at her eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Nice colours (or shades, rather).

This is proof that one needs not a Gucci coat or Vuitton bag to be fashionable.
This is stylish, yet not overdone.

It's all about the attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

can i wear big black glasses like her?

she has a nice slender figure too

 

Blogger AdamfromVA said ... (12:09 PM) : 

amazing, sat- you have a great eye. the beautiful girl makes it, the glasses help

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Yes yes, very nice all around. Like her scarf, and her posing is more interesting than the usual.But god, those glasses. They're a trend for the supposed non-trendy, which is the worst kind, I think.

 

Blogger andrew said ... (12:22 PM) : 

This girl is absolutely stunning! She makes you feel like you have know her for years! I love the clothes and all that, but to me that is second to what the whole image is saying! I wish could buy a print of this!

 

Blogger Rapunzel said ... (12:23 PM) : 

those glasses are a so good idea, as yesterday !
i love the geek style that they give to the whole look !

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Great photograph! Her pose draws you amid the elongated lines of the street. Wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I am usually one to say that glasses are a downgrade to any face, but I have to say she pulls them off.

 

Blogger Julia said ... (12:44 PM) : 

clean and classic. love the simplicity and the everydayness of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

I really like this look. It's nerd but still very cool. I like how the white shirt breaks the all dark balance.

 

Blogger meg said ... (12:48 PM) : 

wow.. i wish i could look that gorgeous in glasses that hideous :]the layering is fantastic.. so non chalant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

I love this photo, so perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

the pieces alone are pretty, but together they are WOW.
i love simple looks like this--where there is great attention to colour: saturation, hue, contrasts and complements.
she's got great style!

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Not gonna lie, she looks a bit mangy (skin + hair), but the comfortable look is great weekend look that makes me feel cozy just looking at it.

But the real reason why I'm posting is that her glasses = love. I adore them. I need them. Where can I get them??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

she's fantastic!i love this intellectual-easy going style!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

it's those big glasses again! in this picture you can see how they really make the outfit. on another note, her pose is beautiful. i wish the sartorialist could take a picture of everyone.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (2:50 PM) : 

she is exquisite.
casual, yet very lady-like.

i love the scarf.

 

Blogger the dumb flyest. said ... (3:06 PM) : 

ilove her glasses.

her outfit appears individualistic in the sense it's more about comfort, less about making a big statement.

 

Blogger the dumb flyest. said ... (3:09 PM) : 

ilove her glasses.

her outfit appears individualistic in the sense it's more about comfort, less about making a big statement.

 

Blogger Brad said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Now that is Sunday morning!

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (3:24 PM) : 

I love her glasses and the way that, without the scarf, the outfit would be sloppy. Also, very nice framing with the vanishing point of the block. Your job makes me quite jealous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

the glasses are so unique-chic. and i love oversized sweaters, so i'm very partial to this photo.

 

Blogger escritora said ... (3:55 PM) : 

she looks fabulous, very simple and chic. i love her tortoise-shell glasses, i love her shawl... she looks perfect for me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

very hot
If you read this post and you want to go for a coffee, let me know.
Voulez vouz faire une promenade avec moi madamoiselle?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

The big, nerdy glasses are a thing in Paris, no? I asssume they are most of the time faux, just used for 'the look' and not for the other obvious purpose. Although it is very easy to see the beauty of these young women behind their glasses, they sort of distort it a little- I like this idea. It is like they are telling the world they have something important to say... something goin' on other than their beauty. Very cool.

 

Blogger marie said ... (4:57 PM) : 

i love her glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Amazing! Just a proof that less is more (effort). The glasses however are very cool

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:32 PM) : 

I don't know if this outfit + glasses would have worked if she wasn't so tall and pretty, but for her, she is great, great, great. I love that sunday cosy casualness.

This girl reminds me very much to the singer Maike Ludenbach, she doesn't wear glasses, but if someone told me it is her, I would instantly believe it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

For the person(s) who want to get a pair of glasses like these- in NYC, you can go to the Sol Moscot store for the glasses, or online at their web site,

http://www.moscot.com/ . Also Fabulous Fanny's in the east village has lots of frames like these that are vintage.

nice pic, looking forward to the show at Danziger on tues!

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (5:44 PM) : 

Fantastic figger, good even features, flaxen hair, youth. What she's wearing barely counts. She's got youth.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (5:56 PM) : 

i like how you photographed her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Another lovely photo, a portrait.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Wow. Do you ever have one of those moments where you see an image of someone and do a double take, because it reminds you of yourself so much??

It's like my long lost sister is staring back at me from the screen.

What a strange feeling. Wonderful that most people think she looks great. I hope I carry myself that well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

I LOVE THIS.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

So effortless and beautiful!
I still can't figure out how these women do it! Arg!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

a female Woody Allen, not as attractive as she might be

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

Geek chic, not for everyone but she is very sexy. Great pose & composition once again Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Good God, she's fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

so-"the Devil wears Prada"-kind of look. very nerdy chic <3

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:19 PM) : 

Love the glasses! Oversized frames are coming back, and this young lady is ahead of the curve.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

beautiful.
also want to see her shoes !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

A very "Chloe Sevigny" vibe here - this is definitely the lady in the movie who removes her "secretarial" glasses and becomes a great beauty in one gesture.

The self-embracing posture is lovely: vulnerable and a bit posed. All in all, cinematic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 AM) : 

when a person needs glasses, they should wear GLASSES. i think this young ladies casual elegance only serves as proof.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (1:24 AM) : 

Merveilleux, Sart. J'aime la manière qu'elle regarde. Ses lunettes font son ressembler à une roche tenir le premier rôle. Sa écharpe de Paisley est 'da bomb.'

 

Blogger .......... said ... (2:04 AM) : 

geek chic! me likee.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

The first word that comes into my head is "cozy". I think the grey scarf around wrapped around her made the outfit. Though I will not call the glasses "fashionable", they made the style real and natural. So, yes, I do like the glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 AM) : 

Such a great look. I am very curious: what shoes was she wearing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 AM) : 

This girl does look very pretty.

But i'm wondering : how come there are never any fat (or just slightly overweight) classy women on this site ?

Sometimes there are fat men, never any fat women. Can't fat women be stylish too ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

Adorable :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

Adorable :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Scarlett Johansson ? :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Great look! I want the glasses - the narrow tiny frames don't work for me at all, where can I get them???

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Geek chic. Great pose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

The style & look make me think of Chloe Sevigny!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

She looks American to me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

I have glasses like this. Oliver Peoples has this style in different sizes. The salesperson kept showing sizes that were smaller and more appropriate but I kept insisting, "no, they really have to be a little oversize". Also American Apparel is currently selling frames very similar to this. My glasses were a big hit among the cool kids in Paris. Some clueless folks asked if i was wearing my grandfather's glasses. pfft.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I don't really see anything extraordinary about her clothes, but her attitude and natural youthful beauty are certainly arresting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Bien dans sa peau. Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

i think the fact that she can wear ugly glasses but still look very pretty adds to her prettiness... kind of like when women with gorgeous faces shave their heads. your brain automatically compensates, in a way, and increases the attraction.

she's so effortlessly stylish. i guess you have to be born with it. i would look like i had the flu if i wore that.

 

Blogger FreshSamantha said ... (12:06 PM) : 

I've been wanting to do glasses like this for a while, but have been hesitant. Now I'm doing it! I think these are Oliver Peoples, I've tried on sooo many pairs. I love her.

 

Blogger Rosie said ... (12:33 PM) : 

lovely glasses! MUMS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

i wish i can pull this look. perfection!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Her glasses are so charming. Geek chic :)

Lily
BeautyMaverick.com

 

Blogger アンディ said ... (2:05 PM) : 

She's cute, my kinda girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

She looks effortlessly chic, but I have to say, would this ensemble look as good one someone not as svelte, cute, or as young?

Also, love the glasses on her - are big frames back for eyeglasses?

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Great pic for the air of irony... that she looks like she's trying to disguise herself, as if she layered herself up in casual attire to avoid attention, but the great color palette, fitted pants, bulky sweater and patterned scarf seem too deliberate and make you look at her. (Oh, and she's quite pretty behind the glasses- almost embarrassed by her good looks?)

P.S. Happy premiere to you, Scott. And best of luck on your show!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

I love this, my ideal college outfit, look's so cool! And I love her skarf

 

Blogger dublin streets said ... (5:00 PM) : 

Everyone should wear glasses like that! Everyone!

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

Love the softness of this photo, she looks like she's comfortable in her clothes, great pose..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

I wonder what kind of shoes she was wearing. Mr. Sart, could you please tell me?

P.S.- you do excellent background work, the angled street behind her really draws one in

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

does anybody know that perfect girl?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (7:44 PM) : 

Personally, I think this is one of your best shots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

It's too rehearsed. She stole this look from someone else and is using it to cover up whatever perceived flaws she has. She could be just as pretty without the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

the white t-shirt makes the outfit "pop". she is very sweet with a quirkiness that is very appealing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 PM) : 

She looks like a young Claude Jade

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Love this picture. Simple yet subtly elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

She looks really comfortable. :)
I like her glasses, though I think a cooler coloured frame would suit her eyes better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Everyone likes the glasses. But what do glasses actually mean? That the person can't see very well. Is this sexy? And then these big glasses, obviously all the rage, drag the face down, and make it look as if you have circles under your eyes. I suppose it's a faux intellectual look, trying to look as if you read so much you've ruined your eyes. I don't get it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 AM) : 

I got a scarf like that for my birthday and I didnt like it, but seeing now that it can look amazing with such clothes, makes me want to wear it more often!!

 

Blogger spiegeleule said ... (3:58 AM) : 

this picture makes ma even want more these glasses. great, simple, amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 AM) : 

There's a salesgirl at E4G here in Barcelona who has these glasses - I've been wanting them ever since I saw here a few weeks ago. Look out trendspotters!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

im in love.
Seriously, i am.
What street was she on Sart?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

this is a great shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

This beautiful woman shows that you don't have to expose flesh to look sexy. Her poise and good figure shines through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

please tell me who this girl is. I want her to be in my film. she is everything I've been looking for!
---kylgrnr at gmail dot com---

 

Blogger Sneaux said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Oh that is wonderful! She looks so chic and simple. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

i feel i have to say that the outfit is fine- not understated just rather boring. compare her to the incredible girl below and i think you can see how much cooler it is when a look is taken to the extreme. the girl below is probably what inspired someone like this to go for the glasses in the first place...
and i dont think the white tee shirt denotes any particular fashion sense.

 

Blogger Alya said ... (6:44 PM) : 

This has to be one of ur best pictures.. Look at how the picture pulls her into focus, and slightly blurs the background.

I cant focus on the fashion because I'm too engrossed in the lines and the focus.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Hello... a young Julie Delpy! The serene look on her face makes the pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Why can't I look like this?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Most women have their hair parted slighty on the side, giving the face a positive frame. Yet the photographed young woman has parted it in the middle. Not many can do that without looking horrible. Then do her glasses take care of a little edgyness for her hair, otherwise she could ahve looked like a geek.
A note to fashion, wearing glasses when one does not need them is, in my opinion, not even worth metioning. Why? The only people having the right to wear glasses are people who actually have an eyesight problem!
Could the sweater be a ralph lauren?cause i got one like hers from ralph
Sart if you happen to come to Amsterdam let (us,me,the world?) know

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I love her look, perfect photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

She's pretty enough to know she doesn't need to try so hard. Like too many other women.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (12:53 AM) : 

love the pose! her quirky 80's look eye glasses are too cool...she looks great!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (2:49 PM) : 

What a presence! She carries herself with confidence and style; it wouldn't matter what she was wearing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

i got the best frames ever from mr trapp on madison, round 47th i think, on the left as your'e going up. this guy is a true artisan. you cant find frames like that anywhere in australia. its all big brand stuff here. i miss NYC....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 AM) : 

The picture makes me think of Chloë Sevigny.. the hair, the face and glasses (from one of Sevigny's movies). Even the clothes in natural dark colors is something she wores in that movie, think it was that movie with Jake Gyllenhaal..if she wears grey clothes in private, I don´t know.. not on the red carpet, for sure.. seen her in pink, green and blue outfits. Like the softness in the picture. the scarf makes it all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

So sad that there are so few girls with this kind of elegance....RT

 

Blogger Katie Reus said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Love the glasses and her attitude! She's obviously confident no matter what she's wearing ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 AM) : 

those dancing days.........

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 AM) : 

I'm completely in love with her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Ya i am in love with her too!!
But i am showing my respect to the photographer who done his job perfectly!

Bohemian

 

Blogger reneemudd said ... (10:38 PM) : 

definitely a favorite

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (4:16 PM) : 

brilliant. love her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:01 AM) : 

i love the casual put-togetherness of this look. her pants are well cut and they don't distract from the stuff going on with her top and various accessories. the way she wrapped her arms around her body and her half-smile just draws me in. i love this look. unfortunately cannot even try and do anything like it, as i live in singapore. bummer.

 

Blogger BEGT said ... (1:13 AM) : 

LOVE IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

I. Love. This.

that's all I have to say...

 

Anonymous Manu le Baron said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Mignonne à croquer!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting