This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....At Rodarte, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On the Street.....At Rodarte, NYC

Comments on "On the Street.....At Rodarte, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

ah! i love all of it -- the print of the dress, the shapes of the dress, sweater, coat and bag along with the shoes. divine.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:47 AM) : 

What a great mix! Floral and fos inspired, military and the delicate detailing on her mary-janes. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

My God! This is EXACTLY my ideal way to dress. Was watching Grey Gardens (again) last night and as Little Edie would say, "It's the ideal costume for day!" Such a feminine and cool mix of hi/low, nerdy chic as there ever was! J'adore!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

prada dress?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Lovely shoes and bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Love the colours and the pattern of the dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Wow. I don't think you can pass her by and not notice her. Floral print is so great combined with dark accessories. And the shoes. simply marvelous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

I always have considered floral prints to be especially grandma-ish. But she does it in a way where it's youthful, sexy and glam. The military-style coat, tights and mary janes with her understated hair/makeup bring it all together. And her smile is so humble. NICE!

T

 

Blogger momo said ... (9:25 AM) : 

What a contrast with the last woman you showed agaist those stripes! Have we seen that dress before? I love it. And now I see that the grey hose work work as an alternative to black when worn with a bright flowery dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I NEED those shoes! Feminine, but tough with the studs. Beautiful contrast of the bright dress and greys and black.

 

Blogger Birte said ... (9:49 AM) : 

your pictures are brilliant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Gorgeous! I aspire to be this efficient at mixing different inspirational elements.

 

Blogger Lee S. said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Great look. Her Pierre Hardy bag is great. I have the messenger style in black and it is my favorite bag - chic and versatile and easy to wear. Her 'St. Pepper' coat is so smart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

oh my god ! this is my ideal dress !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I think the dress is vintage? Oddly, I have one with redish-pink flowers almost exactly like it.

Anyone?

 

Blogger Chi-Chi and the Greek Vintage said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Fabulous!!! I love the grey palette mixed with the sharp vivid colors of the dress. I will so add a vibrant vintage dress to my daily grey uniform. [and the bag is icing on the cake!!!]

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (10:50 AM) : 

I love the layering! This is one of my favorite shots.

 

Blogger rivka said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Fantastic dress, sweater, coat, ugly bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

it's far too cold outside for this. where are you finding these people! i am so unfashionable right now! :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Wow! Sweet and sophisticated, a difficult combination to pull off, but this woman has style in spades.

 

Blogger Angela said ... (11:38 AM) : 

popular lady - this is the second style blog i've seen her in! i'm especially fond of the bulky sweater hanging out of the fitted-jacket sleeves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

wowza, can we talk about those shoes? anyone know who they are?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

This is so perfectly unperfectly perfect! The military coat, the heavy grey cardigan with black patent belt, the swingy violet flowered dress and the way her brown bag picks up the trim on her coat sleeve and the bronze leaves on her dress. Plus, don't even get me started on her tights and shoes. Oh swoon. One of the best ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

WOW! She manages to layer while maintaining a perfectly nipped-in, femenine silhouette. Everything is just perfect in fit and proportion. She's magnificent and I aspire to look so effortlessly chic. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I love love the dress!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Sart, We went to your exhibit on Saturday - it is wonderful. How did you pick the sizes of the photographs? Did you consider making a few extra large ones near life size to give people a sense of the street scale - just an idea. Great blog, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Hey, thanks for a wonderful blog! Very inspiring and absolutely adorable. Just one question: what camera are you using? The colours and focus are great!

 

Blogger Keystofer said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Very well done! The proportion is perfect, superb color combination, great mix of textures ;-) Good catch, Scott...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

I'd say that dress is vintage.... Lovely combination and I'm keeping this one in my inspiration file. Love the patent belt and shoes and the bag is a wonderful touch because a patent bag would've been too matchy-matchy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Are those Louboutin shoes? I really like the dress. This is inspiring to me. I have always been a pant person but recently I have decided to make a dress for spirng. I imagine the cut would be something like this, emphasizing the waist. She has taken a classic sillouette and has made it universally hip. To me it is all about the dress and shoes (are those rhinestones?).

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (12:49 PM) : 

so well done. her dress is sensational and her coat is beautiful. bravo.

i am so excited for spring!

 

Blogger Mode Junkie said ... (12:51 PM) : 

this outfit is brilliant. :) big dress-tights-maryjanes fan! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Those SHOES! And the color combination just works so well. Someone MUST know where to find those shoes . . . anyone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

melissa ventosa from nytimes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

I just love you, Sart :)

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (1:35 PM) : 

This is quite sweet i think, but the best bits are the bag and shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Great, fresh look-lovely. Edgy without being unapproachable. Nice mix of textures/prints. Love your blog! Am enjoying oohing and aahing over the great looks and am very much inspired. Perhaps when the weather warms....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

For those with questions about the shoes, they appear to be the Mad Mary shoe from Louboutin.......and they can be yours for a mere $865 from Barneys!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Very much reminds me of what Diane Von Furstenberg just showed in her fall RTW line at fashion week: feminine printed dresses layered underneath belted, often bulky knit sweaters or coats, and perfectly accessorized. Anyone else see the similarities? Either way, I love it!

 

Blogger Lee S. said ... (3:15 PM) : 

I believe she is wearing the Louboutin Mad Mary heels. Love them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

More inward pointing feet. She looks good though.

 

Blogger U said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Sheer fabulousness!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I love the contrast you given this photo with the lines of the shutter. Superb.

 

Blogger T38 said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Pierre Hardy bag! Nice combination: something old, something new, something grey, something flowered... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

same rollershutter but this time the girl is perfect too! LOVE it..thanks

 

Blogger Emma said ... (5:27 PM) : 

ohh how i love a platform mary jane...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

she looks great.
my friends would probably check my temperature if i wore this dress out, but she pulled it off. hmmmm, maybe i'll try it.

 

Blogger Kara said ... (7:59 PM) : 

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

This is nearly my favorite look ever, Sart.

The floral print hopes for Spring, while the greys admit that it's still Winter. I shan't even go on about the great fit and shape. It's obvious.

If I could afford it, I'd dress like this every day. Maybe I can do an affordable imitation.

Thanks for your inspiring me with the finds of your keen eye!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

Grr...those are the Christian Louboutin shoes I wanted...and what the woman to have them instead! Envy's reeling his ugly head right about now ;]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I love this all. I want a violet dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

She did a killer job. Totally elegant, cute, energetic, and formidable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 AM) : 

Perfect in every way - tres bien

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 AM) : 

An undisputably nice combination.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (7:23 AM) : 

I adore a summer dress spotting under a winter outfit. Not keen of that dress dough. That hair and that smile are lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 AM) : 

I love this printed dress

 

Blogger Karen said ... (9:14 AM) : 

I love how the gold in her dress really brings out the gold rings around the sleeves of her coat. I would have never thought to pair charcoal grey tights with cobalt blue and gold however. The dress is just amazing. I wish I knew who designed it.

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Great smile, great skin.
Love the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

spring is coming!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Needing those Louboutins...

 

Blogger Rita said ... (4:35 PM) : 

This ensemble is absolutely perfect. There is usually one or two things I dislike about most outfits, but I am just fascinated by this one. It's flawless, I love it.

 

Blogger Gaby said ... (4:46 PM) : 

i hate to disagree but this look is a bit too trendy- belted cardigan + florals + studs?? not creative

 

Blogger DENISE said ... (4:57 PM) : 

This is wonderful. I love how she belts the layered sweater with the dress. It reminds me of DVF's fall 08 runway show. fabulous.

 

Blogger RECIEN LLEGADA said ... (7:22 AM) : 

This winter garden is adorable¡

 

Blogger Poochie said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Definetly the studded Louboutin Mad Marys from Barney's. Love them but prefer the off-white version myself.

That dress has a very vintage vibe to me.

Luv
Poochie

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:56 PM) : 

i love this girls style!! the plain hair teamed with the print dress - a stand out!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Everything about this outfit is absolutely perfect. The colors, the styles, even her ponytail all mesh together to create a brilliantly constructed ensemble. I love this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

great outfit, great colors & textures. but i must say, that brown bag is her downfall, it completely ruins the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

oooooooooooooooh!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting