This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....West Village, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 11, 2008

On the Street.....West Village, Manhattan

Comments on "On the Street.....West Village, Manhattan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

i think the whole look would have been much more dramatic had her jeans and shoes been black as well but the oversized proportions are nice

 

Blogger Panda said ... (7:17 PM) : 

socks or not, what a babe! I like her jeans. Does anyone have any suggestions for a great pair of jeans?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 PM) : 

That looks like the "Does it get any more perfect" girl from the fall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

cool blue velvet shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

adorable!

 

Blogger Lee S. said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I think her jeans could be the Cheap Monday tight style unwashed. I have them, look just like that.

 

Blogger JO said ... (9:15 PM) : 

I wish I could see her bag. Love the shoes with the jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Oh I love her navy shoes. They leave a delicious little V of skin when they part from her dark jeans.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:41 PM) : 

She pulls of the volume of the coat beautifully. Love the shoes too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

i love a big voluminous coat do i, especially if its nicely fitted at the shoulder and has shiny brass buttons. this girl is so pretty! i love those velvet booties!
one thing though-- a practical consideration, not an aesthetic one-- if it's cold enough to be wearing that coat, surely it's not warm enough to venture out of doors sans socks?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 PM) : 

Black jeans and shoes would have made it more dramatic?

Try expected and boring!

There are far too many safe fashion opinions on this blog.

Guess what: You can wear a belt and shoes that don't match and white after Labor Day is ok, too.

These are some good ass shoes!

 

Blogger jessica and sylvia said ... (10:22 PM) : 

simply stunning ma belle.

 

Blogger s.212 said ... (10:33 PM) : 

love the jacket! a simple but well-tailored coat is the best thing you can own right now.
the dark blue shoes add a nice touch too :)

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:39 PM) : 

An extreme proportion, which I wish wasn't quite so extreme. I admire the bravery, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

That coat is large and in charge, and I love, love love her shoes.

 

Blogger Brian said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Her ankle boots are too cute-- great color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

It's frigid in Manhattan, how is she wearing that? That coat looks flimsy, and no hat? She looks like she stood around all day waiting to be photographed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

I wouldnt be surprised if she was wearing J Brand Jeans. They look like the 10"Skinnies I've got my eye on. J Brand is my vote for great fitting jeans.

 

Blogger P.J.S. said ... (12:23 AM) : 

I like the big coat. the little glimpse of ankle reminds me of the victorian era, and she's getting away with something scandalous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 AM) : 

Looks good with skinny jeans, but I think that the jacket overwhelms her a little bit too much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

Forget the cool coat and interesting shoes - I think it's her sweet smile that makes this picture worth looking at!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 AM) : 

Looks like her Mum's coat. Too bulky for those little arms. But love those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 AM) : 

why do girls with such cute figures wear such oversized clothing?! everything here is great but the coat. she could fit like 10 sweaters under there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 AM) : 

A great pair of jeans, you ask? I can never go wrong with Acne Jeans. They are absolutely the best jeans I've ever worn. So comfortable. I may be biased, being half Swedish, but so be it.

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (4:13 AM) : 

i love the sunlight in her face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Love this - didn't get it until I enlarged the picture. It's the ultramarine shoes that make it isn't it?

 

Blogger Sonia said ... (4:56 AM) : 

love her shoes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

I like her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 AM) : 

I saw this on style.com and loved it - so great to be able to see it in more detail. The shoes make the outift in my opinion and the fact it is not all black - loving that coat!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 AM) : 

I love her shoes...

This page always inspires me to get something old I've been ignoring but is really great out of my closet, to play around with colors, mix things around, be more daring, finally start having FUN with my clothes and style!

That totally sounds like an ad or something but I mean it!!! Thank you sartorialist!!!

 

Blogger FreeOnBoard said ... (7:32 AM) : 

I love completely all the look.
Right in my mood!!!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (8:04 AM) : 

love the blue shade of her shoes...any clues on what or where those shoes are?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 AM) : 

absolutely cute but I would prefer a pair of jeans with sharper colour

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 AM) : 

I absolutely love this! And I want her shoes! They really did a good job of flattering the jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Now close your eyes and imagine the very smae coat, but more tailored and fitted. Magic!

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Can't stand the trend going on now with these elf ankle booties. Aside from that, the massive coat with skinny jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 PM) : 

This is so bizarre. I saw this girl this morning in the deli near my office in the flatiron district! I thought I was going insane. Same coat, jeans, shoes (no socks again). In person she's tiny! (I'm 5'8" and I towered over her wearing no heels!) I guess the people on Sartorialist really get around..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 AM) : 

You have shot this girl before Sart. SHe was standing on a cobblestone ground with an orangebrick building in the background with the gratest smile on her face looking into the sun. She was wearing a red and navy collared button smock and black heels with a black handbag.

I could recognise that smile anywhere!

love the velevet blue booties.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Isn´t she the girl outside the Rodarte show?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:43 AM) : 

love the blue booties. what a sweet face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

an adorably classic mod ensemble. she just needs my arm around hers and this would be picture perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

what a beautiful woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

She is trying so hard not to break out that enormous smile from last September. Adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

balenciaga boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I know this is days old, but I really think she looks like Charlotte Gainsbourg.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

She looks rich and sophisticated, I'll give her that. But this look is stereotypically Manhattan, and it's predictable. I wish it was more inspiring like the cast of Sx And The City wardrobe by Patricia Field.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting