This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

One Perfectly Cut Sportcoat Two Ways, Part 2

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 25, 2008

One Perfectly Cut Sportcoat Two Ways, Part 2

Comments on "One Perfectly Cut Sportcoat Two Ways, Part 2"

 

Blogger stacy said ... (9:28 PM) : 

oh how i love when men wear clothes that fit.

perfectly snug.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Eh. I gotta say, I'm not impressed. He's skinny, and his jacket is cut trim. But I'm not sure what makes it 'perfectly cut'. In fact, the sleeves look like they're too tight, bunching up the way they do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 PM) : 

now that you posted both photos I see where you are going!
it's amazing how you catch the same people multiple times!
or do you just stalk them :)
gives a great idea how to use the same piece effectively in multiple ways. great to keep in mind when traveling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

so much for the "never mix navy and black rule in the earlier photo. or is it the photo

 

Blogger Will Anderson said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I think this exudes style but it doesn't look contrived at all, and yes the fit of the suit is great. I never get bored of navy on khaki, the contrast is always just good

 

Blogger Schorsch said ... (11:00 PM) : 

I don't get it. He looks like he shopped at the little boy's section. His range of movement is obviously limited. His sleeves don't come anywhere near his wrists. How is this "perfectly cut"?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 AM) : 

It's a blazer. And it's too small.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

All this is a matterof taste, but I don't really like the extra large buttons, and the extra, extra short length of the jacket and its sleeves. It looks like he outgrew it. It looked better in the first picture, I am guessing because of the dark trousers that tricked the eye, not letting the shortness of the jacket be so evident.
I think this kind of extreme is the kind of look that you look back ten years from now and you go "what was I thinking?"

 

Blogger Sara said ... (1:35 AM) : 

He is so cool! I spotted this guy some weeks ago in Milan and I could not get my eyes off his polished-yet-not-too-stiff outfit. Here again, he looks great. His style screams quality and good taste. I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Part 2 awesome! This man is really sexy and its not his clothing he could wear anything and make it look good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 AM) : 

Oh yes, much much better than below. This is pretty close to perfect. It's very simple though, yet lovely.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 AM) : 

yess....that coat is so versatile..
very nice...well suited..

nice..

wiiee
adil sg

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:26 AM) : 

If you're going to go "small jacket," then you must make sure that your pants support the idea that you've made a fashion choice, rather than appearing to have picked the wrong size.

Here the pants are so low-slung and droopy-ish that they throw the jacket into that latter category.

To put it another way, the proportions are off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Perfect, absolutely perfect. Of course this kind of "just right" usually only happens when it's done in a way or with a kind of cut that not everyone will find to be "perfect". But he simply couldn't have looked any better. Had I seen him on the street I'm afraid I might have stopped and stared and made a fool of myself. Gorgeous outfit. Just amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Ridiculously small. If he had to reach his arms over his head he'd look as gawky as a 13-year old boy showing his arms and midriff.

I hope men's clothes don't become as hampering as women's have in the past. The bustle, the corset, the hobble skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Sorry, Scott. But, it's nothing special for me. Very ordinary.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

A handsome man in little clothes. The sleeves of the blazer are short as is the over all legnth. Thom Browne effect?

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I like Part 2!

 

Blogger Jennifer Rados said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I love all these photos of stylish people on the street, but I notice one trend: Big, bulky, bundled scarves! It's getting to the point where I focus on that and get distracted in admiring the other garments worn! Well, it is still wintertime in this hemisphere...guess I just have the winter blues!

Hurry up spring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Is he low-riding in his pants? He looks very long-waisted here, the pants sit so much lower than the waistline of the jacket. I'm a bit confused.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

WOW. Love his curls more than his jacket but that nice too. Maybe he has grown a little bit out of the jacket or is that the fashion idea? I don't know but I will go along with you on your taste. Love you sight.

 

Blogger rivka said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Why is a jacket that is *too small!* called "perfectly cut?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

The first look might seem inconspicuous in the workplace and on the street, which I think is usually appropriate for business hours. But I think the second look would really catch the eye and come across as sexy. This is a garment that seems to let him look appropriate for multiple occasions, and step from one role to another with ease. Very nice!

 

Blogger sub-urbanrambler said ... (1:29 PM) : 

it it undersized or is it me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

This is a much better look at the blazer than the previous photo.

I like the colors, I like the big (not gold, it looks) buttons, and on him, that very trim look works.

That said, I think the jacket's too short and so snug it looks very uncomfortable. Like he can't move at all. Can he lift his arms?


-rdhd

 

Blogger J.P. said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Sorry-- this is you drinking a little of the Thom Browne Koolaid. He looks nice because he is very slim and has a charming look-- but the blazer is unremarkable except in the fact that it looks a little too short and too small.

 

Blogger Scott_in_Zurich said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Gotta agree with the "boy's department" viewpoint. It looks as though the coat were forcing him into this anxious, balls-of-the-feet posture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

I love how this photo captures his elegant hands! They seem somewhat big on his slim frame, which has a strikingly masculine effect. At the same time, his hands seem to be well cared for--perhaps manicured?

I confess that I don't know how menswear should fit, but I suspect this is someone who can make clothes work for him, even if they are not quite perfect. I would welcome a lesson in getting my imperfect wardrobe to look this great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

The sportcoat has a contemporary feel. There is nothing wrong with that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

I would never say it to the man himself, but to you, Scott, I will say - except for the gucci invitation in his hand, he has the look of an underpaid prep school teacher who is still wearing the blazer he took with him to college. (Hand stitched lapels and functional sleeve buttons notwithstanding.)

It may be a fashion "trend", it still doesn't read "style" to me.

 

Blogger Misterparticular said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Funny, I thought the same thing as most readers witout seeing their comments. My two cents: Is is appropriate to show off the surgeons sleeves by unbottoning one cuff button? and boy does he have great hands....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

i love this! the slim, fitted coat with low-waisted khakis is so casual yet crisp. i don't think it looks too small at all- i'm sure if it were uncomfortable he wouldn't be wearing it.

aubs

 

Blogger Nelson vH said ... (6:51 PM) : 

well - to me it looks better in prt1 but definately a slick look in prt 2

hard to say whats perfectly tailored anyway - isnt this pretty much a question of personal style, figure (LANK) etc...

 

Blogger MS Reviewer said ... (11:58 PM) : 

Doubly Sartorial!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

does anyone know who this jacket is made by?

 

Blogger mthw said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Love the cut of the jacket. Very snug, and the length of the sleeves just a little too short reminds of Wes Anderson, though not as geeky. He looks comfortable and protected from the cold.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting