This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist photo exhibit moves to Adamson Gallery in Washington DC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Sartorialist photo exhibit moves to Adamson Gallery in Washington DC

I am thrilled to announce that my exhibit (which just closed at Danziger Projects in New York, thanks James!) will now move to Adamson Gallery in Washington D.C.

We are trying to schedule an "opening" but I am going to India in mid-March (more about that soon) so I will keep you posted on when that will happen.

Here are the details for the exhibit.

The Sartorialist
March 15th - April 26th, 2008

Adamson Gallery
1515 14th Street

Comments on "The Sartorialist photo exhibit moves to Adamson Gallery in Washington DC"

 

Blogger Venus di Milo said ... (7:59 PM) : 

This is so exciting. I may have squealed audibly when I read that post. And then I was so giddy I had to call a friend. Please have an opening! Washington, DC's nightlife needs it (and you).

 

Blogger onislandoffisland said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I'm looking forward to it!

 

Blogger carolyn sewell said ... (8:20 PM) : 

holy geebus i just gasped. seriously thrilled.

 

Blogger Scot Meacham Wood said ... (8:25 PM) : 

WHEEEEEE ! ! !

Scott, this is SO exciting. Maybe I can swing by the exibit next time I'm on the east coast.

Congrats again,
Scot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Congrats! I am so excited! I live just outside of DC and I can't wait to see your exhibit!

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Fortune smiles! I could not make the NYC show, but in a strange coincidence, I will be in D.C. for a wedding the final weekend of your exhibit! And now I know what I will be doing that Friday evening.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

I hope you are able to have an opening in the District. I am going as soon as it opens.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Holy cow! I'll be sure to be there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

I can't wait to hear more about your trip to India! Pune is a city that is very near and dear to my heart. Where will you be?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

So excited!! Can't wait to see it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

this is great news! i am so excited.

 

Blogger Alyssa Manzanero said ... (11:18 PM) : 

WOWW! Here? in little old D.C.? Youre kidding! Im telling my whole family! And all my friends! And my dog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

DC is in sad need of some sartorial vision. We cannot wait!

 

Blogger Ms. Spinach said ... (12:00 AM) : 

just go ahead and add me to the list of people who can't wait!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 AM) : 

As a devoted Australian fan about to move to DC, I am utterly thrilled at the prospect of going to your exhibition - can't wait!

Have a wonderful time in India - the entire country is an immense visual feast.

 

Blogger leslie said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Have you ever thought of opening in New Orleans? There are many people with eclectic fashion down here...

 

Blogger Jane said ... (12:22 AM) : 

i just squealed as well! i'm SO excited... please do keep us updated on whether there will be an opening or not. i'll be there regardless!

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (12:32 AM) : 

oh sart, you have no clue how happy this makes me!

 

Blogger etoilee8 said ... (12:50 AM) : 

I can't wait! Keep us all posted!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Nooo!

The one time I'll be out of town.

ahh, merde.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

I am very excited to see it.

Big ups to Adams Morgan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 AM) : 

Quite excited--I do hope that you are able to have an opening! And I agree with leeza: we could use you here in DC.

 

Blogger just passing by said ... (2:53 AM) : 

India? I hope you come to Bombay...and I hope you bump into me on the road and take my picture. Wishful thinking.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (3:49 AM) : 

Congratulations! I have been told that same places in India are so beautiful that the camera starts taking pictures by it self.

 

Blogger Kits said ... (4:19 AM) : 

Pls let us knw where u r gng in India..Mumbai is a wondrous place and the sights and smells of India is what hits you the first time u r here..Have u been before?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

I'm sixteen and a big fan of your blog. I just wanted to say that I travelled around Rajasthan, in the north of India this past December and the entire time I could visualize shots that would be perfect for your blog. I hope you enjoy your trip there.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (6:55 AM) : 

I wish i could be there. Good luck with it, Sartorialist!

 

Blogger Leslie in Adams Morgan said ... (7:54 AM) : 

I squeeled out loud too! Very happy to know the exhibit is coming to DC!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Will you exhibit once in Paris?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Yay! I am very excited. I live in DC and check out your blog every day. I can't wait to see your exhibit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

ahhh!! I've just come back from wahington d.c to London...[big sad face] enjoy D.C!!

N.R

 

Blogger AM said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Finally! A bright light in this miserable town! I'm totally there.

 

Blogger Johanna said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Logan Circle welcomes you!

 

Blogger Nat said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Ohhh my heart is pounding with excitement. I live in India and drool over your website all the time. Will you be here for fashion week? I write for a website that is launching soon and would love to interview you. Please say yes.

 

Blogger The District Line said ... (11:17 AM) : 

count me in as thrilled as well - a block from my apartment even. Adamson is a fantastic gallery in a great neighborhood. i'd love for you to stop by my boutique in Georgetown if you have some free time in the city before the opening!
cheers,
-marshall

 

Blogger VeeKaye said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Please come to L.A.
Or publish a book.

Your photos relax, inspire, and amuse me. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

when will your exhibit come to the west coast more preferably san diego

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

I hope you visit northern India (Mumbai, Punjab) to get some snaps of Sikh Dandies.

I remember when I was there 3 lads strutting down a platform of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, turbans matching handkerchiefs, all in high breasted 3 buttons, sharp as pins, peacocking gleefully.

Sharpest Mods in the subcontinent!

The whole country's amazing though.

 

Blogger Bellwether said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Oh PLEASE come for the opening in DC! As an avid reader of your blog (and a native Washingtonian) I'm thrilled to hear your photos will be coming here!
Please let us know if there is any way we can help promote your arrival! (not that you need it, of course, but this is exciting stuff for DC!) www.dcbellwether.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

i was so excited that i ran to my co-worker's desk and must have made a ridiculous gesture/exclamation, because she told me i should be a claymation character. that's how excited i am.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

oh man, I can't wait to see your India photos! So many amazing textiles and colors there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

how exciting! I love that gallery it's in a beautifully restored building.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Calcutta is a beautiful city with beautiful fish-eyed women who wear alta on the soles of their feet. It's well worth a visit too.

 

Blogger DCRitzy said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Yay! DC needs you desperately for both your style and your talent. HOpe to get an invite to your opening :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

yay! i'm from DC and have been hoping you'd pass through here! will you be at the opening?? please let us know!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 AM) : 

What an exciting life you lead, Sart!

I'll tell my family in DC about the show.

Cannot wait for your visions of India.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

congrats on the exhibit! will you be having one on the west cost?

 

Blogger Indira Bisht said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Yeay!! You are coming to my beautiful country!! :-) I remember I extended an invitation to touch base when you come visiting a few months back. Please consider it open for anything you need help with. I m based out of New Delhi and it'd be just dandy to be of any help. I m sure the country will blow your mind in unpredictable ways.

Indira Bisht (indira.bisht@gmail.com)

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (9:12 AM) : 

fantastic! I wish your exhibit would come to Atlanta...

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Take it on a national tour, please!

 

Blogger OTC said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Great news! I'll definitely be there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Hi Scott,

Was in NYC the last weekend of your show and had a chance to drop in at the D. Projects.

Was cool to see the pics for real instead of the small sized ones the blog !

Congrats again

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Scott,
This is fantastic...
Miriam

 

Blogger Goldbug said ... (6:53 AM) : 

that's great news. looking forward to seeing your schedule and objectives for India. I work in the film industry in bombay so if i see anything i can point you towards once i know your plan will be glad to. (Though actuallty i'm pretty sure u have things in place)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

just to add to the hint *wink *wink, please pretty please have an opening? I promise I will invite my entire family, all my EXs, my neighbors, everyone. Did I say, pretty please? :)

okay, i'm sorry i'm probably annoying you right now. but this is great news for DC. i've always wondered why you never come by here.

i just need to pray even harder now and hope that you'll have an opening.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

I am very much anticipating your photographs from India!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Welcome to DC. Best wishes and hope that you make an impact on the "Sack Suits." Of course, those who need it most likely won't see your exhibit. Perhaps the Post will pick it up and it will be forced before them. Alan Flusser tried a location here some years ago but it couldn't support itself. Those who dress well in DC buy elsewhere for the most part. Soon, many 25 year old Haspel suits will reappear from their winter slumber only to be thrust in the washing machine and hung up to await the arrival of the Cherry Blossoms. Keep on, keepin' on! As my Aussie friends would say, "Good on 'ya, Sart!"

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Sart, any chance we can get your exhibit to visit Boston????? I know there are many eyes that would be thrilled to see your fantastic photos in real life.

 

Blogger Mulan said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Which city in India are you coming to??? I just moved here and I would love to see your pictures of the colorful Indian fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

Wish I knew about the exhibit while it was showing in NYC I would have loved to go see it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

congrats!


maybe la could be next?
:D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Scott,

Congratulations! I am a student at Georgetown University and read your blog on a daily basis (as do a number of my friends). A trip to your exhibit would be the best study break one could ask for. Is the Wednesday reception open to anyone? I look forward to seeing it!

 

Blogger sonam_mcrgurl said ... (7:17 PM) : 

India!! oh my! i can't wait to see pics from that trip aldready. Oh, do visit Rajasthan, Kerela, Darjeeling and Varanasi; all places very different but gorgeous!!..not a fashion capital but you will see blasts of colours anywhere you go in India, that's for sure. I used to go to India on Buddhist pilgrimages with my grandfather during winter holidays--in a bus.

yeah..visit Nepal if you can, thamel is awesome! and so is all the adventure destinations in my home country..but you don't seem like much of an adventure person. yeah, i should put an end to this superrr long comment post. can't wait to hear about India!

 

Blogger sonam_mcrgurl said ... (7:21 PM) : 

now that i've read all the comments..it seems i'm not the only on reccomenting cities and towns in India..hehe..yeah, pune, rajasthan, punjab, mumbai..and everything.

you'll have soooo much fun. India is sooooo down to earth, is soo gritty and street-ty..you must try all the food they sell in footpaths okay...panipuri, chanachatpattey, bhel puri, chaat...no matter how dirty and unsanitary they look..its part of the experience.

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (5:04 PM) : 

No kidding, I've just come back from Mumbai! You must be going to Delhi or Mumbai fashion week right? The quality of fashion design is getting better there but the best fashion is obviously on the streets. You'll be totally mesmerised, I guarantee it!

 

Blogger MissJ said ... (1:30 AM) : 

Oooooh, your presence alone in DC demonstrates its recent fashion upswing! Welcome in advance!

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (1:46 PM) : 

i'm so excited! i had no idea the exhibit was coming this way! i can't wait to see it!

 

Blogger Chike-Ikechi said ... (2:15 AM) : 

Glad to see a piece of you is coming to D.C. Safe journeys in India and I will definitely be at the opening!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting