This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... 40th & Broadway, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On the Street.... 40th & Broadway, NYC

Comments on "On the Street.... 40th & Broadway, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

I love this scarf. That print is so fresh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

my first reaction was wow! man or woman?

then i realized how much i liked the combination of the stripes and the scarf.

and then of course the glenn close-like 80's hair...which i think should make a come-back.

 

Blogger celebpaparazzo said ... (8:55 AM) : 

you should really update more, i check this site daily with such little new content

either way i am still fascinated by this site, congrats on all the success

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:57 AM) : 

That scarf is definitely where it's at. And I'm a sucker for Aviators...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:59 AM) : 

I adore her look! Perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

the greatest show on earth

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

love it...contrasting colors are great

 

Blogger Biz the Clown said ... (9:15 AM) : 

A practical, stylish look for spring--just right if it gets a little bit cool. But the best thing about this is the gorgeous curls!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

I love everything but the pale lipstick.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Ah, I was just looking at a version of this boat-stripe shirt, yesterday. There is a leanness about this look that is so contemporary.

Everything is pulled together with outstanding accessories in the form of the aviators, the belt, the yellow bag, the ballet shoes, and that gorgeous scarf which is meant to look as though it was just a last-minute addition.

The hair is outstanding. Also, the fact that she is posed so confidently, and without that pidgeon-toe stance, makes me love this shot even more!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I like the outfit. She has a very strong jaw and chin- I would have opted for more feminine sunglass frames, but otherwise a good overall result. I also like the way the sun is behind her yet she appears well lit in the image. Jorge from West Palm Beach

 

Blogger momo said ... (9:33 AM) : 

We love the yellow bag, and the scarf. Spring colors after a drab winter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I do like the scarf it i so original!! and her hair is so Tina Turner. I like this kind of down to earth relaxing style something that generally one does not see in the fashion magazines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

very androgynous, until i saw the shoes. great outfit. everything is put together really well

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

This is inspiration defined!!! I'm already on my way back to the wider leg, so I take this as a hint. Plus: I knew! that would need a yellow bag this summer--with the marine colours it looks so fresh! Very well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

i love it, especially the scarf and bag. she did awesome.

 

Blogger Charlotte said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I'm liking the use of BOTH yellow and coral with the navy. One or the other would have been trite, but all together it is really nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

I like her scarf and the complimenting blue and yellow. But overall, I don't care for the silhouette created by the heavy top and the wide-legged pants.

 

Blogger Cheryl Houston said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Sometimes when I look at your photos, they look so alive and I wish the person would start talking or moving. They look so interesting. I wonder... what does her voice sound like. How does she move- gracefully? I want to see how the clothes move on the models and how they move in them.

I love those pants. And the scarf. I hate those glasses... they make her look too masculine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I love how the scarf and bag contrast to the blues of her outfit....and I LOVE her hair!!! Nice to see wider cut jeans as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Good color combination over all. The yellow POPS. She also looks like she has a private joke with the world going on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I like this blue/white shirt and the length of her jeans!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I love everything about this outfit - the colors, prints, textures, the cuffed jeans. The yellow purse really tops it off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

yelow bag and metallic glases and this hair,very nice....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

A bit too boxy, I would like to see her neck under that scarf, which would elongate her more. And I'd prefer the pant legs rolled down, but to each her own! Good color combos though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Fantastic!
i do really like the combination of colours (red, blue an yellow)..they are my favourite ones and the lovely shirt reminds me of summer at the coast.
i hope the nice weather will come to germany as soon as possible

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

She looks sort of crazy and sort of fantastic. Love what she's done with the jeans, the mix of patterns, and of course black and yellow always look great together. I bet she got all this at a thrift store.

 

Blogger ASSHOLEMOUTH said ... (10:51 AM) : 

lovely hair!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:59 AM) : 

i don't like the pants, but everything elso is great! a very inspiring look - I might try it :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Stance, color accents, shoes, hair all work together to make this look stand out from conventional nautical navy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

This looks like something I could actually almost wear - except way more stylish (I would surely have the instinct to dull it down and contain the hair if I were trying to wear it). Bring on the inspiration! Let the bright touches shine! Let the hair be free!

 

Blogger Richard said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Great photograph; the utilization of focus is superb.

Everything except the pants is fabulous. That contrasting pocket-stitch really "irks" me.

Once again, aviators are big this year.

 

Blogger DATALOG said ... (11:25 AM) : 

love the hair. wonderfully androgynous.

 

Blogger Gallivanter said ... (11:47 AM) : 

LOVE it. I'm usually not a big fan of shorter pants, but these hit her at just the right spot.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (11:48 AM) : 

anyone who's ever read my comments knows i love the stripes.

i think they compliment other patterns nicely, such as the scarf.

nice mix up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

She looks like she's just come out of a Gap store. I love it though.

 

Blogger Jana said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Great combination of colours.

 

Blogger NorthShore Chicago said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Great clothes/color combos, but I don't know about those aviators they have taken it to a new level.

 

Blogger Danielle D'Angelo said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Nice transitional spring outfit. I want it!

 

Blogger Aditi Joshi said ... (12:19 PM) : 

That bag adds a great POP of color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

great color palette. not a huge fan of the pants, but she is slender enough to pull off the pockets which can be difficult. overall, great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

eventhough her hair is quite glorious, the look is so all-over-the place, that i think if her hair were pulled back really neatly, it would bring a new level of sophistication to it. right now it's competing to hard with the mis of prints and colors.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I love the combination of the scarf pattern with the stripes. And that yellow bag is such a pleasant surprise.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

she looks very soho style, boheme, hip and chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Interesting mix of prints, colours. Love the texture on her bag strap. Ooh, she looks so comfortable.

 

Blogger Mamacita Chilena said ... (12:48 PM) : 

from the waist up I love it, but those pants aren't very flattering.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Take out the scarf, the bag and the shades and I think she looks absolutely fabulous. But the accessories ruin a very good look as far as I am concerned.

I especially love the jeans and shoes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:04 PM) : 

The scarf is great- I'm not so sure with this outfit though- don't you think the proportions on the top are a little heavy for the weight and width of her trouser jeans?

Perhaps just with a lighter fabric scarf? Maybe wrapped more loosely around the neck?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I like her outfit - very good transition between seasons and her outfit seems very appropriate for the weather of New York at this time of year. I especially like the color choice of her bag and scarf and the way it stands out against the rest of her outfit. She just seems very comfortable in what she wears. I do not particularly care for her glasses, however.

-Jill

 

Blogger Sabrina said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I like the mix of colours and prints on the top-half of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Spot on!

The coolest everyday look ever. Cut of the pants, check. Scarf, check. short-sleeve cardi over long-sleeve jersey, check. Yellow bag, check. Shades, super-check. Hairdo, big-fat-super-check.

The lady knows how to dress for her day. Lets have more shots of this kind!

PS: I abhorre the ribbons on her shoes, but that's a minor point here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I think she looks adorable and perfect for spring. (I'm a total sucker for striped tees.) Personally, I like to keep my flats bow-free and, as much as I love aviators, I might have chosen a different pair of shades for this look. In fact, her outfit looks so happy, I wish she'd have ripped off the shades and given you a big smile for this shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I agree with the person who thinks that more of her neck ought to show, but the scarf is pretty. I like it with the stripes, but not so much with the pants or sweater.

I love the bag, and the hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

too cool for school! everything is so funky, i especially love her hair and yellow bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

This is the first scarf of this type that I actually like in the outfit. Terrifc colors, and the shoes with the loose pants are a great look. However I don't think those shades do her any justice.

 

Blogger k said ... (3:46 PM) : 

She is so FUN. Love everything about her. The color combination is lovely

 

Blogger AnnaBaNAna° said ... (4:41 PM) : 

i love the stripes and the scarf together!
it looks awesome and so absolutely not volitional..

 

Blogger AnnaBaNAna° said ... (4:46 PM) : 

i love the stripes and scarf together! it looks awesome and so absolutely not volitional!
great..
though i`d chosen other shoes... i dont`l like the bow so much..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

interesting to think how this one could translate over to and inform men's style. the big buckle and the yellow bag have this interesting, gender-defying contrast.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

oh sart, you've taken to posting unannotated images again, and after such vocal approval of your wordier posts, too...

i admit, its been a tumultuous time in between: we've had the makeover, the boots, the flip flops... so much controversy, but i miss the extra information that even a few words from you give us, be it the circumstances of the encounter, your take on the clothes, or some insight into the character of the model.

personally i'm mesmerised by his/her make up ( i don't think the issue of gender is necessarily resolved...) is her/his face painted gold?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

The really cool thing is that if you just change the shoes, this outfit could work well on either a man or a woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

it just looks so 'old navy' to me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

I love her scarf!!! The print is awesome and i love the close to mustard color purse, all the colors intertwine together somewhat :)

 

Blogger Seanrwatson2 said ... (9:05 PM) : 

The scarf is feminine, but also masculine enough for a man to wear

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Perfect from head to toe & love it all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

Very unique look. The model is very androgynous. But, I figured it was a woman.

 

Blogger sasha said ... (2:25 AM) : 

Effortlessly springtime.
-Sasha

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (3:10 AM) : 

the whole look is fantastic! inspiring as i love the nautical look - I could easily wear this...

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (4:21 AM) : 

I am a bit confused because everyone here likes it.
For some reasons, I don´t know why--why??? I don´t like the whole outfit!
May be I´m out of zeitgeist or whatever... but the turned up trousers look terrible. Sorry...
Taste is a miracle...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Everything but the glasses. They gobble up that tiny nose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

J'adore le jaune bag. Très chic.

 

Blogger Melissa B said ... (6:03 AM) : 

Usually I love everything on the site. But I am not feeling this. Yes, it's neat because it's so androgenous but besides that...I'm perplexed.

 

Blogger Chi-Chi and the Greek Vintage said ... (8:30 AM) : 

I would leave the scarf, jacket, glasses and huge hair at home. This is a twist on the classic French casual look that is better off left to professionals!

 

Blogger wideyed said ... (8:56 AM) : 

to john @ 9:42 am.

Just because this girl is lean & has a strong jaw, I don't think it's fair to call her outfit androgynous (from a fashion standpoint). On a curvier girl, these same clothes would never pass as 'androgynous'. Then again, I could be wrong. Any thoughts, Sartorialist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Oooo, OOoooo, she's just fun perfection! I enjoy the wide variety of fashion sense reflected on this site, but I think this is the first time I've seen a pic that is EXACTLY like something I would wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 PM) : 

I love everything about this. The pieces, the pants, the pockets on the pants, the bag (!!!), the hair, the shoes, the result......perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 AM) : 

Love the outfit - transvestite chic!

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I like the idea but I think she could remove one or two elements, perhaps the scarf and the sunglasses or make the bag a bit smaller. The accesories are overpowering the concept of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Is she a black woman with natural hair or a Caucasian with a good haircut and a perm? Either way, her hair is gorgeous, like a lion's mane. And I love the outfit: it summarizes the spring trends, at the same time being casual and comfortable with lots of individual style. I even don't mind the aviator sunglasses. I wish I could get a better look at the yellow bag.

And I agree with pretty kitty: it's so much better without the pigeon toe.

To celebpaparazzo: are you kidding? There is new content on this site almost every day! Anyway, it's a blog, not a daily newspaper.

 

Blogger pepastyling said ... (5:39 PM) : 

I love Spring!! is the time of the year to pull out these kind of looks, the rest of the year is either great coats or half naked.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

these pants need to not be rolled up it makes the legs look way shorter cuffed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

i love the combination of the navy blue, yellow, and patterned red scarf...i would say that i am absolutely in love with pants but to nit pick i am not to crazy about the pocket details

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting