This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Transitional Floral, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On the Street....Transitional Floral, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Transitional Floral, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Oh I love this,it's timeless...I'm old enough to be her mother, and yet I'd wear this look myself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

The essence of the ensemble is nice but the dark accessories remind me of when I had to scrape around in the bottom of my closet to find clean hose and shoes.

Why do you find this nice/and or interesting?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

This is a good one. What's with red fingernails these days? I thought natural was the more in choice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Oh. Wow. Sooo very lovely and inspiring. I have a pretty summerish skirt that length that would look awesome over some black tights!

 

Blogger Elin said ... (9:41 AM) : 

really pretty!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:50 AM) : 

I can't tell if she spent a while deliberating on her outfit or just threw it on. I like that.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Very nice1
I love her jacket and her bag!

 

Blogger Amanda Conley said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I love this outfit, but she would look so much better if she wasn't slouching.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Nice cut of jacket and skirt, but stop slouching!! I despise slouching hipsters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Love this! I think the skirt is Prada. But I must know, and maybe someone can explain (Scott, if you know why, please do tell, I'm sure as the shooter, you must have noticed this). Everyone from the models, to the celebs, to even Carine Roitfeld, poses with the toes turned inward. Is it supposed to appear unstudied, sort of "ah shucks you want to take my pic", sort of natural? Maybe someone can explain this. I know that others have asked this before in comments and as far as I know, it has not been answered. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

you have posted this woman before wearing exactly the same outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

she looks amazing. i love her sunglasses- where are they from anyone?

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (11:04 AM) : 

that skirt is to die for!
(i'm a sucker for floral prints).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Wow,lovely! The jacket and bag and wayferers do it for me. Did I say that that leather jacket is especially beautiful? Loving it...

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I think her whole look is really great! I've been struggling with what to wear in the fickle, transitional period that is spring, and I never would have thought to pair such a skirt over black tights. I too will re-think some of my more "traditional" and "standard" outfits and try to experiment a bit more. I know your site has already inspired me to do so by experimenting and playing with my own style -- and I have also received similar compliments from strangers as a result! Thanks for sharing your inspirations that also inspire others! And I live in DC, and it was so great to see your exhibit.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:17 AM) : 

My first thought was: she looks about 12! Where did she get that Prada skirt, her mother?
I love the combination of florals and leather jacket, but I'm tired of the pigeon-toed stance.

 

Blogger Lydia Shahmoon said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Oh my goodness. I absolutely love this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Cute, love the color of the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

ick - the belt makes this look frumpy - do the RayBans and the skirt share a birthdate?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

I love the pieces, but her posture in the picture is throwing me off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I think it's really chic but edgy at the same time,colors are very well balanced( see how the bag recalls and enhances the brown in the flower pattern),and the high waist skirt with the sunglasses is so 50's meets contemporary cool!perfect outfit!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (11:55 AM) : 

I don't think she was "posing" with inward feet as much as she was in mid-motion fidgeting while waiting for someone
you can tell she is off in another world

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

express is about to put a skirt that is that similar style out on the floor. same prada look without the prada price. i love this look. it's so feminine and classically beautiful and then the leather jacket adds that perfect edge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Love the (Prada?) skirt with the grey top and Ray Bans, but there's something very wrong about the bag and coat together. They are both very difficult, awkward shades of coloured leather and together it's too much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Adorable outfit, not too matchy-matchy - I like the dark bottom section, the lighter middle section and then the dark again at the top with the belt, jacket and sunglasses - it's girly and edgy all at once. But she needs to fix her posture... I speak as a fellow sloucher.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Is anyone else tired of these Ray-Ban-leather-jacket combinations? This combo always brings to mind today's young and uber-trendy Hollywood crowd. A pitty since Ray Bans and leather jackets are both such classics. Well, at least the floral skirt is a bit of a change. But even with the skirt, the outfit looks like something Rachel [insert last name here]--the girl from OC--would wear these days. Oy, I should really stop browsing through all those gossip magazines...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

FOR ANDREA AND EVERYONE WHO WONDERS ABOUT THE INWARD FEET THING:
So the other night I was playing in my closet and trying some oufits on. I had my very high stilettos on and I caught myself in the mirror with my feet like this. (I had absoloutly no idea). I tried to move them towards the outside, bot nope: No balance, I could have fallen. Now, if you see someone doing it on flats, or walking like this, that just means they're introverted...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Casual, chic and effortless once again and I like the way the few colors kind of slide on her outfit. But I´m sure everything is well thought through in her outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Very cutesy! I love the femininity combined with boyish charm. Although I am not sure two shades of leather should be worn together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

I love the details of the jacket sleeves. Very cool. I like this look a lot.

 

Blogger pepastyling said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I'd like o "de-pradize" this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Excellent choice! I'm really inspired by the old leathers and even the Ray Bans. Timeless but mixed up in a way that any vintage lover can appreciate. The unobtrusive and well-travelled bag and the late fifties-ish silohuette are looking modern. Muy Mexico City salon without the braids!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

bag and jacket = NO but the ray bany hold the look together and it works for her. nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

I think she looks so chic in a very achievable kind of way. I wish I was her..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Love the tan croc bag.


K

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

i don't particularly care for the colorway or print of the skirt, but i do love the casual thrown-togetherness that creates a gorgeous silhouette.

girly meets rocker-hipster in a perfect execution. yum.

 

Blogger Kara said ... (4:11 PM) : 

I'll say my mean comment first:

I think it's the combo of the high-waisted skirt and her slouching, but it's making me think of the "Mom Jeans" sketch from SNL from several years back. ;) Oh no.


Nice comment last:

This is a good example for me to see how one can incorporate spring into her wardrobe now without freezing. This look is cheerful because of the skirt, but the ensemble does not pretend that it's warm enough for bared legs and thin tops (which it's not here in Princeton, in my opinion). It would be daring for me, but I could give it a modified try.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:17 PM) : 

Okay, so I love a lot about this outfit, but I'm not sure about the cut of the skirt. Am I the only one who feels like the high-waisted plus full combo isn't doing her any favors?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:04 PM) : 

It's a great outfit, but the combination of where it hits her at the waist and her stance, gives her somewhat of a ponchy look around the stomach...which is odd given how tiny she is. It might be fashionable but it certainly isn't sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Like an edgier version of the girl in the post below.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

this look is all too common even though i would definetly wear something like this

i hate slouching though..!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

I duly do love her style here. It's very Roitfeld by way of Wintour.

-AM

 

Blogger Te said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Wow. I love everything about her clothing choice, and the background is lovely. Although perhaps the large sunglasses over her small and perfect nose make her head look particuarly small.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 PM) : 

this kind of sophistication shouldn't be allowed... only in paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

so eighties wearing retro, in the 21c. isnt this what fashion is all about? refining and reinterpreting. top marks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

oh! I think i'm in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Very tired of this sunglass shape -
already.

rjt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

she is so cute yet so so cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

There are no words to desribe this.
AMAZING!!!!
So inspiring.
Im dizzy!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:04 PM) : 

perfectly feminine yet totally cool: how every girl should dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

i can't help but think about how this outfit would not work if she were not so beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

just plain hot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

i really love this look. The light colored Prada skirt and bag actually look great with the dark leather jacket, tights, and shoes. i would have never thought of wearing this combo but i absolutly adore it!

to andrea 10:40: to anwer your question a commenter on a previous post said that many people stand pigeon toed because it creates a triangle of balance and is a more comfortable way to stand when wearing high heels for a long period of time(or something to that effect).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 AM) : 

I don't care for the skirt, it looks like it cuts her in half. It could be because she is slouching, but the colors of the skirt are uninteresting to me.

I do like the jacket, bag and glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

i think its an amazing amalgamation of the fifties and the the eighties..........

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 AM) : 

I find what she's wearing awkward and not balanced...it is obviously still cold and winter like and yet she has on Prada S/S 08 skirt with black tights, a camel Prada croc bag and red nails.
Each piece in itself is beautiful but together it looks wrong. Bad styling for an insider.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 AM) : 

it also makes the legs (especially the thighs) look slimmer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 AM) : 

She's people editor in Harper's Bazaar Russia

 

Blogger maggieescargot said ... (8:19 AM) : 

i love her sunnies (:
her outfit just comes together so well. (L)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Personally, I think this is best example of how to wear the Prada S/S florals. I have seen a few pictures of celebrities wearing them, and they just look frumpy...
I love an amazing floral print dressed down with black accessories, a grey t-shirt - she just looks so cool! I also love the way the colours of the bag and jacket echo the colours in the print, very subtle - gives the 'I just threw this on' impression, yet draws the whole outfit together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

in some ways this is almost a more hard-core version of "april flowers, milan"...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

ADORABLE! (please pronounce it in French) Oh to be twenty-something with some spare cash a great jawline and a long neck AND in Paris. Did stuff like this myself almost thirty years ago in Paris-with the help of an Agnes B. skirt. No money for a manicure tho. Tres funky and tres chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

great outfit! she looks a lot like nicole richie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I wore a look put together just like this in the late 70s growing up in Berkshire, England. Almost identical, and mine captured in a photo too, but with me nowhere near as naturally attractive as this lovely-looking girl. That's not to say this gorgeous girl's style is dated, but simply that some styles look refreshing and timeless across the decades. I love a look that is balanced between fitted and fuller worn together. I still wear clothing that covers me up, year round, in the heat and cold of Massachusetts. I find this look incredibly sexy, and it makes me feel so good, but alas, having moved to the USA, I look a freak with all the flesh on show around me. The way others choose to dress doesn't bother me at all, and so I really feel hurt from comments (purposely uttered loud enough for me to hear) that are not, to say the least, flattering. Your blog continues to be an inspiration to me, and has helped me immensely to overcome some of the ridicule I have felt over the years for the way I choose to dress to express myself. I can't thank you enough dear Mr Sartorialist.

 

Blogger Jerome O'Brien said ... (1:21 PM) : 

So, again, Scott. I must continue to ask....do you, or do you not ask women to point their toes inward? I understand here it was merely what she happened to be doing, but I just can't believe this isn't something you suggest as it's so common and studied.

Just to be clear, I happen to love it. My friends and I are now constantly doing "Sartorialist" photo shoots in my backyard and I push the toes pointed inward look on all of us. There's just something about it. I remember a while back some crazy comment someone had about how this is almost grossly erotic, like a "we want our women to be little girls" thing and I don't see that AT ALL.

Bravo! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this ensemble. And I dig the bangs. That girl underneath her (on the street...april flowers) NEEDS bangs so desperately. I've never wanted to give someone a hair makeover so badly as I do that girl with the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I sincerely love the New Dowdy sillhouette.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

The outfit is like the current weather: splash of light, flowers, but also greyness and special mood.
I like this photo... because her personality comes through. She reminds me of someone I know, and the feeling is very strong.

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I'm with cate. The posture+waistline are not flattering, nor is the length of the skirt, in my humble opinion.
Love it from the waist up.
But really, is it too much to ask for a person to put down their blackberry for the 2 seconds it takes to have your picture taken!?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

i fancy her outfit yet i'm sort of thrown off by her posture. i'm curious if she's slouching, or if it's an effect caused by the skirt, or even both. maybe if the length was shorter, above her knees?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

can i be european too? how do they all pull of being chic? I love the rocker edge mixed in with the boho-ness of the skirt. Oh and I love the wayfarers.

 

Blogger Jeanette said ... (7:18 PM) : 

so well proportioned!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 AM) : 

dear mr scott, you've made me want to get me some wayfarers! i see them featured more than a few times already in the blog and despite some of the snooty comments they received i don't care! love, delia xoxo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

AWESOME!!! SHE LOOKS CHIC AND FANTASTIC!!! I WONDER IF SHE SPENT LOTS OF TIME ON THIS OUTFIT? THINK NO! ITS A REAL TALENT!!! THANKS SCOTT!!! YOU ARE GENIOUS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 AM) : 

gorgeous! this girl definetely has a style.i love the way she compared almost uncomparable clothes. altogether it looks great. i wish i could see her beautiful face, those wayfarers did their job.

 

Blogger ES said ... (9:16 PM) : 

I love her slouchiness and the overall tone of the outfit. All great pieces thrown together.

No it is not sexy but I believe that sexy has been beaten to death in recent years. Women need to simply dress as they feel. For comfort and beauty.

www.britnlindsews.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

She is too cute for words! love the prada skirt and classic ray bans the only thing I could do without is that bag... It simply doesn't work with this outfit.

 

Blogger onegiantpanda said ... (6:55 AM) : 

I know every second person has a pair (or three) of Wayfarers these days, but when they look this good, why not?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

i thought this was nicole richie..jk

this looks only works for skinny people unfortunately. it's tricky if you're short, but if you're thin enough it works.

looks great at first but for some reason the more i look at it the bigger her skirt seems...like she's shrinking in it. but it could also be her pose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 AM) : 

cute girl, fantastic leather jacket, the bag is a bore and cheapens the whole outfit.

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Sophisticated and cool...maybe even something Ali McGraw might sport.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Excellent way to 'cool up' that floral pattern. I love everything about this outfit, not too matchy but the different pieces enhance each other (if that makes sense).

 

Blogger Playing Fashion said ... (1:33 PM) : 

O_O
She is fabulous.
Her name is Miroslava Mikheeva-Duma. She is russian IT-GIRL/Russia Harper`s Bazaar Editor. AWESOME

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 AM) : 

Wasn't it Bill Blass who said that black was the refuge of the lazy or some such? It does my jealous heart good to know that--even here--not every shot is perfect. Out of a zillion grand examples, this is a dud, Russian "It" or not "It".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 AM) : 

Yeah,that girl works for Harpers Bazaar and her beautiful name is Miroslava Duma! i met her once,shes very pretty and smart,gorgeous and sophisticated,and she is always perfectly dressed up, i was really glad when i met her at your genious blog,mister Scott!

 

Blogger A Fong said ... (8:51 AM) : 

this pic reminds me of why i got hooked on your blog...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 AM) : 

too bad about her posture. Otherwise, I really like this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

overall, her out fit is fresh and the skirt, airy =) i am in love w/ the framed/doctor satchel

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

Although i don't like to wear the latest items of fashion houses, i have to admit that she looks fabulous.However, i believe that the idea of current trends must be avoided as much as possible.
Do not dress up according to the current trends.Try to creat your own style!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

she is paris

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

yeah, her name's Miroslava Miheeva-Duma, editor of 'Harper's Bazaar', Russia
she's great

 

Blogger Jason Lyon said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Leave it to a french girl to make this fussy Prada skirt chic. Girls want to be girls again. I love how only this skirt sets here apart from all the Parisian fashion clones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Wow, this is beautiful! Love the jacket and the handbag.

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (5:41 AM) : 

SO NICE :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting