This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Separated At Birth?

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Separated At Birth?



I know both of these guys for a while but I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier.

I love how similar they are and yet how clearly they represent the style of their native homeland.

FYI - Bruce Boyer will be giving a speech about Fred Astaire at the Fred Astaire Conference in early June at Oxford College.

Here is a link for more info
Fred Astaire Conference

Comments on "Separated At Birth?"

 

Blogger Michael said ... (10:54 AM) : 

With all due respect, in my view Mr. Boyer's pants are a bit too high waisted. Could it be that he takes Fred Astaire as inspiration?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Ah, I wish that there were more lovely men on the streets to look at like this! Let them start a trend, please!!

 

Blogger STREET STYLEZ NYC said ... (10:58 AM) : 

YOU SHOULD HAVE ADDED A PICTURE OF THE GUY FROM SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. ALL THREE OF THEM FAVOR.

 

Blogger cjdd said ... (11:00 AM) : 

please, PLEASE let me grow old like these men.

 

Blogger Emilia said ... (11:18 AM) : 

They're awesome!

 

Blogger JL said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Ah fantastic, you're coming to Oxford! Keep a keen eye out for the gowns and the sub-fusc - all these beautiful and bizarre variations on a certain old-fashioned uniform. I hope you get a chance to wander the streets a little.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I see two experienced gents with an interest in clothing. That's it. Oh, and they both like horn-rimmed specs. The similarities end there, IMO. Boyer is practically an icon in certain circles. I love the way he wears sack coats with a 3/2 roll, and tartan shirts with a tie. Very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

nice!
the first 'twin' seems like
a modern sigmund freud!
fancy!

=)

 

Blogger Sabrina said ... (1:19 PM) : 

These men really inspire me. This is personal style at its truest.

 

Blogger tintin said ... (2:05 PM) : 

I love Boyer's writing and have a couple of his books but this doesn't do much for me. Don't get me wrong. I like everything he's wearing - -I just don't like it together.

What I like is the photo. The corn like color of the wide wale cords with the same color in the glasses and the yellow signs in the bg.

Boyer's an idiot if he doesn't use the picture for his next book jacket.

 

Blogger spiegeleule said ... (7:01 PM) : 

ohh that's great. i love such things in live....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

Regarding Laguna Beach's comments, unfortunately, I think I see a dart, at least on the left hand side. Also, would a traditional sack jacket ever have a ticket pocket? That would seem to be Trad Apostasy.

Your photos of Boyer are always appreciated. Really like his frames as well.

 

Blogger Jakob Michael said ... (7:54 PM) : 

However similar, each gentlemen has a distinctive collective style. We see the classic urban English look with the color and confidence of the loud modern day trend.
-jAKE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

The man on the top photo looks like Chuck Close

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (2:54 AM) : 

wow Fred Astaire!!! thanks so much for the link.
Him and Ginger were my biggest idols before I gave up tap dance lessons to basketball to piss my parents off. I used to watch him and Ginger them and think I could someday meet them! (when I was 6 I thought everyone in TV was still alive, right)

 

Blogger Fashion Extravert said ... (4:50 AM) : 

2nd guy and his sunglasses...awsome:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

love the blue blazer/scarf combo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

I have yet to see a picture of Mr. Boyer that doesn't inspire. It's too bad you didn't include his shoes--undoubtedly suede--in the frame. He and Signor Barbera (from earlier posts) are the finest examples of masculine elegance you have ever shot.

 

Blogger songs_movies said ... (6:04 AM) : 

Hey I came across your blog while searching for fashion blogs. I must say you are doing a great job. I run a fashion blog and modeling agency in India and photography has always been my passion. I hope I will keep visiting your blog for some inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Love the glasses... they are most likely Lafont glasses... you can order them from Ben Silver www.bensilver.com

 

Blogger mette said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Yes,there is a resemblance. I like the top man better.He does not have a belly and he has paid more attention to his outfit. IMO his outfit is ageless; this pic. could have been taken in the 60´s,70´s,80´s etc...Maybe the pants seem a bit too high,but I think they are more comfy to wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Thank you for the mention of the Astaire conference! I adore Astaire and am on location but might never have heard of the event otherwise.

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (10:41 PM) : 

This is pretty classic.

I am thinking quite seriously of attending the Astaire Conference. I could watch Fred Astaire dance to "Puttin on the Ritz" for hours upon end.

As far as these two men go, I would like to see more younger men around my age (early to mid 20s) dressing this boldly. Those tortoise shell-rimmend spectacles are divine; its accoutrements like this that only men with such grace can pull off.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting