This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Mercer St, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

On the Street.....Mercer St, Soho


Yesterday I shot two people wearing great items from Uniqlo.

I have only been in the store once or twice but I will have to start taking a closer look.

Comments on "On the Street.....Mercer St, Soho"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

That dress in fantastic. I don't like the shoes, but she looks so comfortable and relaxed that the shoes really don't matter.

 

Blogger Harvey said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I was just describing Uniqlo in Japan as sort of like the Japanese GAP. Gap is also in Japan, but Uniqlo is cheaper. It's not as easy to wear Uniqlo and look good over there. Or maybe it's just me.

 

Blogger rosie said ... (8:04 AM) : 

Love the light breezy summer dress combined with the more substantial lace up pumps!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

I have a friend who swears by Uniqlo. I've never been there either, but she made me curious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

I love those shoes but they seem awfully heavy for that dress

 

Blogger afser said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I love Uniqlo, they are like H&M of Japan, cheap yet stylish and always have something new.
I haven't been to one for years, I wonder how it looks like now...

 

Blogger Rachael Hutchings said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Uniqlo has made to the US? That is one of the few stores here in Japan that carries more western sized clothing (i.e., clothing for any woman, skinny or not, that has hips, butt, etc.).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:50 AM) : 

LOVE her shoes. she can totally pull off the heavy (sort of irish-dancer-y, yeah?) black shoes and the light white dress. i think it's her height & slender frame-- it looks effortless yet sort of badass instead of obvious or dissonant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Two great things that don't look great together -- I like the shoes and the dress is good, but those shoes are so wrong for the outfit...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Uniqlo rules, and I love that she paired the breezy dress with those Scottish highland lace-ups. It adds just the right touch of tough.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

I love love the dress! So summery without being impractical.

I wish she would let her hair down because it looks like she has a lovely face but I think it goes a bit unnoticed with her hair so pulled back.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (12:03 PM) : 

This woman looks completely at ease in her own clothes, which is a rare thing. I love the simplicity of the paper bag-style dress and the way she carries herself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

as far as i know there is only one uniqlo in the US and its in nyc in soho. i still have a backpack i bought at one in tokyo 6 years ago.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I was looking at a black dress similar to this by DKNY. I love the flowy, lightness about it. Plus it can be paired fine with heels and flats.

T.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

I see this girl around town and she has the best style!! love the outfit

Wini

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

There is something about the wide sleeves that I find disconcerting.

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (12:48 PM) : 

love the dress for me nothing flows as gently in the summer like a white cotton frock...the pic itself just lovely her stance and look of joie de vivre..she is refreshing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Like Ian Hylton in the next post, she is a true sartorialist. Someone who has always been ahead of the fashion curve, whose daily style I have always looked forward to admiring all the years I have known her. JA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

If I were married to such a stylish, beautiful young lady I'd be the happiest man in New York. Oh. Wait there. I am. Sweet.

 

Blogger mette said ... (1:44 PM) : 

A comfy looking dress.On the other hand I could imagine something like this worn at the dentist´s office.

 

Blogger Luscious Verde said ... (1:46 PM) : 

i adore the shoes!

 

Blogger Seanrwatson2 said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Beautiful summer dress. Very simplistic but elegant. I would only switch up the heels for something more simplistic, but keep it in the same tone.

 

Blogger Lizzie said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Love the shoes, but a little wintery, no? I would have paired the dress with a nice pair of flats...or even a pair of colored keds...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Uniqlo is a great store, you should go the more often!
I love her look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

I loooooove the shoes!!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:13 PM) : 

I don't like the shoes, or at least, I don't like them here, in a fresh Spring outfit, the rest is just lovely and charming.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

I think I know this girl!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I'm obsessed with those shoes. They look like Irish dancing shoes, but with heels. How fabulous? Does anyone know where I could find such a thing?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:23 PM) : 

my favorite detail about this look is the watch peeking through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

Yeah, I've got to be honest - I'm still not liking the "bag" style dresses and tops that we're all supposed to be wearing. That said, I do love the combination of the dress and the shoes. Without the shoes I would definitely say "No!" to the dress, but this way the dress kind of showcases the shoes and vice versa - good contrast.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Vivienne Westwood used to make those high-heeled ghillies; perhaps she still does. -admiring from PDX

 

Blogger zilch said ... (10:34 PM) : 

I love Uniqlo for its basic and agree that Gap is totally over priced in Japan!

If you happen to pop by Japan, I recommend checking out the special edition tshirts too. Some designs have a bit of Japanese pop x manga culture. Will def make good souvenirs.

Also a good place to fine good quality simple pieces is Muji. Though cut can be a problem as they are catered to more a more oriental body type.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Very nice the contrast between the dress and the shoes. In fact, it gives an original, fresh and sassy touch for the look. Those shoes are perfect...With flats or keds the same dress would seem absolutely boring. I just love it! Smart choice!!!

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (11:51 PM) : 

This seems nice and fresh, but the shoes bother me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 AM) : 

Yeah Sart, you really should check out Uniqlo more often. It's more than the Gap, closest to H&M, but a different sense of style--especially if you love color. I had a great time there when I was in NYC 2 months ago. Too bad that's the only USA store!

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (8:32 AM) : 

i don't know exactly what it is but this woman looks fantastic! she looks relaxed and i love the simplicity. the nice dress, the hair hanging down by her face and the shoes. yummie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I think the shoes don't go well with the dress. They destroy the easy-breezy feeling of the dress and make it look less fun! would like to see it with a colorful pair of flats or something like that...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

The dress is so breezy why did she kill it with those shoes. And the shoes are killing for a pair of opaque tights and cold weather. Separately they are nice pieces, together they are horrendous.

 

Blogger Red Queen said ... (8:57 PM) : 

With more conventional shoes, the dress would look frumpish. As it is - a touch of genius.

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Oh, I want that shoes!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

A true beauty should wear only a plain white dress and no (visible) makeup - it accentuates her beauty without any annoying distractions. I wish I had a face like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 AM) : 

i think i'm seeing an optical illusion, but is the shoe in the front flat and the one behind heeled??!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

I enjoy Uniqlo very much. Their cashmere is pretty great, and the quality of fabrics are more superior than their competitors, in my opinion. And if your on the short-side (like myself) they also hem your pants for you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Love the shoes! Love the contrast between the shoes and the dress! All in all great looks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I disagree with the earlier comment about not looking good wearing Uniqlo in Japan.

You can wear Uniqlo and still be おしゃれ-fashionable. The brand still has style cred despite the low price tag. Anyway a good number of the people featured in street snaps are caught wearing key pieces from the store.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

uniqlo in the US is very different (better)than the one in the UK... just be careful

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting