This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....The Impact of Mens Accessories, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 24, 2008

On the Street.....The Impact of Mens Accessories, NYC


The women's accessories business is huge because of the impact the right bag or sunglasses can have on a total look.

We don't often hear/notice that same impact in menswear.

Well, here is a great example of a few small accessories having a major impact on a look and totally changing the perception of that look.

By simply adding a silver cuff, highly stylized sandals and a dramatic hair style; this gentleman has taken a basically preppy look and turned it on it's head.

Of course the proportions of the polo and the rolled shorts also impact the look but the first thing i noticed were his accessories.

ps don't forget to click on the images to see a larger version of the photo

Comments on "On the Street.....The Impact of Mens Accessories, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

i like his shorts

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Very summery (if that's an expresion???) Nice shorts...

 

Blogger stacy said ... (8:16 AM) : 

i totally agree.

in a way i'm glad menswear doesn't suffer from the 'must have - overtly popular - single accessory' syndrome we often see in women's wear.

good on ya guys.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Having the physique of an 18-year-old gymnast doesn;t hurt the look, either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

i love that cuff... any ideas where i can get one similar? :P

in regards to the men and accessories, i agree with stacy to a degree, but also think that because its rarer to see a guy with considered accessories, its much simpler to make an impact.
i like this guys' casual, masculine, accessorised look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

absolutely love the Lacoste tee. my favorite brand of all time. i think he'll be even betta looking if he's clean shaven, but who am i to judge him? it's his own style. Lacoste rocks!

 

Blogger ALISON said ... (8:55 AM) : 

i would actually wear those shorts, their adorable. www.thedailyalygator.blogspot.com

 

Blogger porter hovey said ... (8:57 AM) : 

I just love the rolled searsucker shorts. Indeed it's a great twist on a classic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

In spite of the largely feminine perception of accessories like cuffs and these shoes, I think the whole look is shoehow masculine. I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Looks like he has just been teleported from Miami

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

miami circa spartacus, maybe. he looks like a crazy gladiator-cum-hobo... in expensive (women's) accessories.

then again I think sandals are satanic.

love,
Alex.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I just adore him. Great sense of style and a great body. Seersucker shorts. Wow! And the belt isn't distracitng either. The cuff is the perfect touch.

 

Blogger V said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Usually I do not like men's bracelets too much... but this one is great: simple, elegant but somehow "manly"! (as opposed to "girly")

It has opened up a completely new perspective! (and a completely new goldmine for boyfriend's presents)
^__^

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:48 AM) : 

This is "fun with fashion". I love the cuff. It's important to the look, too, that this Lacoste is about two sizes smaller than the average Lacoste wearer would wear it, and yes as someone said above the body in it is important to the look, as well.
I haven't been a fan of the popular nautical belt with most looks- I think it's fine here-everything works here.
The most important thing is that he's taken a set of basic items usually perceived in one way and turned them around to make them "edgy", in much the way the young man in Florence a few weeks back did with a (usually preppy) khaki suit. Fun to see.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

i could not agree more and i love the look. preppy/classic gone "bad". i LOVE it. may be my favorite look b/c it allows people to be stylish and not "in style". thank you for him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

This is my favorite look in a while on here. But I think we all have to be honest and admit , like others have said, that a huge credit has to go to this guy's physique.
But yeah, like our sartorialist said, the hair, cuff, and sandals are all cool in their own right.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Seems like we're all in agreement (at least so far) on this one. He looks amazing: casual, summery, stylized without trying too hard. The incredible physique and nice tan don't hurt either! I want to be friends with him, he looks like he would be really interesting to talk so.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:17 AM) : 

dear dude: i love you.

 

Blogger so said ... (10:27 AM) : 

he looks amazing.
and i totally agree with how the accessories have turned this otherwise preppy look into something much more interesting.
(and kinda sexy!)

 

Blogger Keisha Kornbread said ... (10:33 AM) : 

He looks delicious!! Love the hair, love the sandals, love the shorts and love the pecs!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Agreed. Having a fantastic body doesn't hurt, either! I doubt the look would be as effective otherwise. *fans self*

 

Blogger mediocre sadist said ... (10:44 AM) : 

even hanging the shades on his shirt gives him the utmost style.

grrr..i love the rolled-up shorts!

 

Blogger momo said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Lovely arm adorned by that cuff!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (11:08 AM) : 

I guess the only thing that would make the look even better would be if the shorts were plain front, but it is a great outfit! I guess they key for men's accessories is that the not look costume-y. Some bracelet you pick up at a street stand, or something like that. I think in his case it works because all of his accessories follow very simple lines. I hang my shades like that for need rather than style(the dont fit on my head!!!) and so I feel reassured that someone as stylish as this gent does it too. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

How comes the crocodile is blue? Here in Europe it has to be green (to be original) And very lately it could be silver. But blue??

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:26 AM) : 

having an amazing body so that the clothes drape just so doesn't hurt at all either.

very nice. he carries himself well.

 

Blogger Tereneh Idia said ... (11:42 AM) : 

He is fantastic. What I love is the mix. If you look at the clothing on it on, it is very preppy. But add the cuff, the sandals, even the hair, and you have this amazing urbane melange, I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

wow. he is so attractive. he looks effortless when the look is actually very intricate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

great look, but then I've got seeksucker shorts and a white polo on myself today...
I found those sandals in Greece 20 years ago, but now for the life of me- even online- I can't find them for anything- If anyone sees this and knows a source- please let me know... Canfora in Capri makes a style I like, and have been buying the last couple of years- but they are like 150 Euro, and those were closer to 10 Euro- I'd pay the 150 for the originals...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I love his shoes - perfect sandals. I'm a girl but I want some like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

In the summer I love starting with a preppy look (simple, originals) and adding an interesting piece of jewelry (chunky, silver looks good on tanned arms) or an ethnic shoe (I'm working the 1960's made-in-mexico sandals right now). Usually both.

I'm a gal and it is my go-to summer thing.

This guy is taking the same approach but also working the proportions which makes him own the look.

Great example Sart.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Fresh, laid-back chic. I heart him and his style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Wow he rocks... good style and good body I agree.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

indeed great accessorizing! but whoooooohaa - does the beard just make him way older than he actually is or is he in just incredibly great shape for his age?
either way: meeeega hot bod. his arms make me drool. pretty.

 

Blogger Filomena said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Very good body... nice shorts;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

not masculine...
there are better ways for a man to 'accesorize' without wearing jewlery (besides a watch/wedding band)

 

Blogger daltonmc said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I like the accessories and the hair style is, well,... it's out there. It's pretty sweet, though.

As far as the outfit goes, though, the considerably mismatched proportions to the shirt and pants make him look relatively silly. The shirt is just way too tight, and that being said, it makes the normal fitting shorts looks huge and baggy and more like a stretched pair of boxers as opposed to an actual, real pair of shorts. If he paired it with some looser, better fitting, then the outfit would've been nearly flawless.

And that's it for my rantings today.

--d.mc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

I think he looks a bit feminized, but it works ok for him because he's masculine looking with the beard.

But would this look really work if he weren't so attractive? Is fashion only for those with perfect physiques?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Man looks hot. But I must say, not a fan of the beard and grunge hobo thing going on on his head. But I love those shorts, wanted to get a pair this past weekend but no size. Lacoste t done right, I like.

Energie

 

Blogger ZeonZone said ... (1:47 PM) : 

on of men greatest accessories is his physique...
love those sandals.

 

Blogger CF35 said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Yes I agree he looks good although the top is too tight....XX

 

Blogger Suzette said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Well... it's a look. Despite the amazing body, this guy looks like a tool. Too-small shirt, baggy boxer-like shorts, awful belt, man-jewelry, cave-man hair and girly sandals. No. Just No.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

any idea where to get those sandals?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Agree - the accessories make this a very sharp ensemble. They're minimal too, I like that a subtle tweak can have such a big impact.

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (2:15 PM) : 

I have everything this man has in my closet, every bit of it. But, somehow, I don't wear it a fraction as well as he does! Aargh!

 

Blogger CULTURE CREATORS said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Coool beard dude.




xCC

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

This look hits the perfect combination of rebellious and diplomatic that defines individualistic fashion. He's managing to defy TWO contrasting, cliched, dull looks--the prep and the hippie--by combining very well-developed elements of both of them. I love it. What a rebel.

Also, all men should wear seersucker, it really does it for me.

 

Blogger Electric Electic said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Call me crazy but I find this guy to be amazingly attractive and I'm usually not a fan of full-on beards. A short one, sure, or just some scruff but he looks amazing. And his bod is rockin'...the Lacoste shirt fits him perfectly. He is awesome. Love it!

Scott, you always hit the mark, never miss it. \m/

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Awesome photo, Sart. You really have a sharp eye. This gent's outfit is pretty much my daily uniform (that it when I don't have a client meeting or something) here in Southern California. I can identify with the seersucker shorts, sunglasses, ribbon belt, Lacoste shirt, and flip-flops. I love Lacoste shirts, in particular, because they highlight my large biceps. I don't wear a silver cuff, like this chap, but I am known to wear a colourful ethnic woven bracelet that I recently picked up in Cuzco, Peru. Very well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Hercules goes to Florida. This is really great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Marry me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Gorgeous pose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

I like the outfit. The shirt is bordering on being a little too tight. I like my tops snug as well, but with the obvious shape this gentleman is in the shirt cries out "vanity".

Actually, that is not always bad. Let's put it this way - he could get away with it once in a while, but if I saw this guy constantly wearing polos that tight my opinion would change, from fashionable to knucklehead.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Yogi meets preppy meets Mykonos. The tight lacoste with hemmed (not banded) sleeves was an 80s staple and it's great to see it again. In fact, this bohemian prepster look was very popular when I was an undergrad at Duke 25 years ago. This guy does it with elan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

"not masculine..."

i wish he would lose the beard. it doesn't add anything.

maybe we need to expand our minds as to what is masculine, feminine or just purely gender neutral. from where i'm seated, he looks beautiful. BEAUTIFUL!

yes, without that amazing physique, he wouldn't look so nice, but then, thank goodness he's choosing to share that beautiful body with a more close fitting shirt. i love the cuffs, the sandals and wild hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

yes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Everything (except for the beard, hair, and face) are a tad too feminine for me. From his shaven arms, the stance, tightness of the shirt, and those shoes! Sorry but those shoes should only be worn by women. I agree that men should accessorize too, but is should be done in the right way. This picture does not exemplify how it should be done.

 

Blogger emily said ... (4:04 PM) : 

oh wow, i LOVE it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

I think what gets categorized as 'fashion' and 'style' really depends on the locus and culture.

Sart, you call the sandals extremely stylish and from what I can make out from the above comments, those must be some expensive shoes. But here in India, you get the same sandals for a dollar a pair in the local flea markets. (They make them for both men and women.) Its one of the staple 'chappal' designs in this hot country. Nobody would give you a second look if you wore them around here and yet these are deemed fashion-forward in the US(?). This is not to disparage the gentleman's style and Sart's putting it up here; just an observation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

the hair is amazing, facial and head. I also love that he is mid-prose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 PM) : 

While I consider myself to be very detail oriented, I most certainly noticed how uncomfortably tight-fitting his shirt looks before how wonderfully chosen his accessories are. Wearing fitted clothing is fine, and certainly a welcome sight for people who have clearly spent some time in the gym, but this example encroaches on the extreme territory. It ends up looking like he is trying to look bigger than he is by compensating with a extremely small sized shirt. Nevertheless, the man is clearly comfortable with the way he looks (so who am I to criticise him), and I have to agree - his accessories are FINE!

 

Blogger .......... said ... (4:55 PM) : 

aww, i like this shot of the bearded pepaw. from afar, those shorts resemble boxers. *teehee*
would like to know where he bought those sandals.

 

Blogger plate snapper said ... (5:33 PM) : 

i love the lil peek of belt that's coming from the seersucker shorts - it's an all around good look for this fellow...it speaks of an individual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Nice polo. I really don't understand the rolled-up shorts trend. Very homeless-looking.

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (5:56 PM) : 

I think that the photo of him is beautiful, but to me he looks feminized, disheveled and interesting but not in a good way.
I do like the cuff though.

 

Blogger TheSundayBest said ... (6:02 PM) : 

He's like a vacationing god...so well proportioned, so excellently accessorized.

There is definitely a gap in the men's accessory market.

 

Blogger snurvnurple said ... (6:35 PM) : 

I couldn't agree about the accessories more. As a former sufferer of the "plain jane preppy" look, I'm definitely taking a page from this book.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Very interesting. I like the cuff, I like the sandals - I think the light colors of these look great with his tan. But... the restrictively tight shirt with the poofy shorts feels amusingly Elizabethan. I'd like it better if the shirt was just a little bigger.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

I love the wristwear and how the belt peeks out from underneath the shirt. A very eccentric outfit indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

I admire the way he turned a classic preppy look into something totally individualistic. I wouldn't pick shorts that fit that way (they look like bloomers!) or a shirt that fit that way (so abercrombie model, especially on his physique), but that doesn't make the look any less inspiring.

 

Blogger Maggie May said ... (9:39 PM) : 

i've never seen anyone like this in my life. how wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

I love everything but the excessively-tight Lacoste polo.

And what a body...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Does anyone else think that his belt is too big? I wouldn`t want the end of it flapping about like that. Nevertheless, very well put together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

he looks like a greek god who stumbled onto the streets of modern time

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

I love how he can pull off that look with such a great body with that beard!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 PM) : 

hmm... yeah i think his body made extra impact on his look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

i love the works! simple yet able to catch attention. gr8 bod, gr8 tan, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 AM) : 

I'm totally confused - i mean what is he trying to say? We all speak through our clothes whether consciously or unconsciously but this look leaves me baffled. i'm not even sure if i like the diverse mix.The shorts look like boxers or even a dhoti. Is he a lawyer who's just spent 6 months in India to chill out or has he come back after years on the hippy trail and is looking for a job? I definitely admire the look because it's so unconventional. How long did he spend thinking about what to wear? women can ages and can also take their accessories straight from the pages of a magazine but if a man did that he would be considered a sheep , he needs to be much more individual to maintain his masculine credibility. It's a really interesting subject, sorry this comment is so long!

 

Blogger Observer said ... (5:57 AM) : 

Accessories for men have been heavily pushed by marketing in the last few years. Fortunately, most men stay wise and do not overdo it.

I cannot help thinking that heavy accessorising (call it necklace, cuff, bag, ring, glasses, watches or all together at the same time) usually becomes tacky. I live in Paris and men are reducing accesories as they are being identified with the so called (and very much avoided) 'bling bling' culture.

 

Blogger Rich said ... (6:44 AM) : 

NOW I know what to do with my shorts. Something has been off about them and now I know what it is.

Gonna go out on a limb here - the silver cuff would work better if he wasn't wearing the other bracelet.

Other than that, love it all, especially the sandals.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:14 AM) : 

For Suzanne nelson
why does he even need "masculine credibility" and why does he have to be clear in what his look is saying?

maybe he is just dressing to make himself happy and that is cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

It's a good look on a very attractive man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

For the Sartorialist from Suzanne Nelson: I completely agree with your comment 'maybe he dressing to make himself happy and that is cool'; in fact as a woman i couldn't agree more , i decided ages ago after working in Paris couture from then on i would only dress to make myself happy, not to impress my boss or peers. The rest of my last comment was very much from a personal perspective - i'm english and oh how we love to classify and decode people and pigeon hole them. A deplorable trait, but i like trying to 'read' people through their clothes or style. That's one of the reason's i slavishly follow your blog: endless fascination. Regarding 'masculine credibility'this man does assert his masculinity (strength, power, independence etc) very much so, he's highly individual, (and i'm not even talking about his very masculine muscular build)but you are right, no-one needs to convey various degrees of masculinity or femininity through how they dress. I was trying in a succinct way to explain why female accessories are such a major fashion story/industry when male accessories aren't. And I failed but i'm re-thinking it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

What on earth is "masculine credibility?" That attitude is why most guys run around looking like unkempt slobs w/ clothing 40 sizes too large.

 

Blogger M. said ... (12:56 PM) : 

I think the proportions of this outfit are beautiful, he has a certain rugged beauty that will certainly turn heads, even if it won't win admiration. I think the silver bracelet is perfect...it draws attention to his amazing arms. As for the shorts, I think these are the perfect length for him. Any longer and they would have been wearing him, and any shorter it would have been gross. He obviously has confidence, but who wouldn't with such a great body? If you spend a lot of your time and effort making your body so good why not enjoy it and show it off?

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (1:45 PM) : 

He's a total fox. I love the play on proportions with the tight shirt and voluminous seersucker on bottom. His belt is a nice burst of color, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:16 PM) : 

where r the sandals from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Me too, I really like his roomy shorts and the fact that he cuffed them.

I like to see mature, uber masculine looking man having fun with fashion & still look at ease.

I don't like men's jewelry & footwear that is so conspicuous, but the silver cuff and the sandals are very ethnic inspired & look great on this particular gentleman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

As a 22 year old woman, let me say that this is a damned sexy look for a gent. Love the contrast of the fat horizontal stripes in the orange belt against the vertical skinny stripe in the cuffed shorts. Accessories are ballsy; takes a real man, as they say. Some one get me fan, I'm burning up!

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (12:34 AM) : 

That's a really odd mix, the beard, the shirt, the shorts, the sandals, the tan, the accessories… it's like a touch from all the different american subcultures. It looks real cool though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 AM) : 

actually the preppy look has turned him on his head :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Perfect
its romantic, imagine the fabulous day he's abut to have!
i love dressing that imbues a lifestyle and the dreams of potential adventures

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

He could wear a plastic bag and look good! That body!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Yeah, the head totally doesn't match the body...

Love the clean, breezy yet chic ensemble, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

amazing body, very stylish, but he looks like a gorgeous man who, while on a pilgrimage to Mecca, got abducted into the nearest Barney's and SUPER STYLED. with the drama of the hair and beard, he could have lost an accessory or two.

 

Blogger Nathan said ... (8:33 PM) : 

love this. shorts: balooning a bit with rollups and in perfect proportion to the shirt and then overall length of the man.I think the accesories might slow the look down a bit. the bracelet adds a bit of classy subversive irony i think, he looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

I may be wrong but I think he has had the shirt for a while, you hardly see the blue Lacoste logos anymore...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 AM) : 

I see and agree with the SAR, but the object here is to BEEEE....just dare to be your self ..who knows you may even invent a look all by self....those are the BEST anywayssssssssssss

THX SAR!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:09 PM) : 

This guy is very sexy. I can look at the individual elements, but the sum of the parts = someone I'll look at again, and again, and again. And learn!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:48 PM) : 

One of my favorites so far.

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (3:19 AM) : 

I think I'm in love.

As a woman I need to rethink how I wear my Izod shirts. Maybe I could make my outfit a little funkier and not so preppy.

 

Blogger Kate Kendall said ... (6:33 AM) : 

The beard is way too much! I think it is far too distracting from his overall look. The beard in the next post works but this one's too chaotic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I love what he has on...it seems natural and very cool on what I presume was a hot day when this picture was taken. I have been at the gym for 5 months and still can't look like he does. Kudos to him

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:57 PM) : 

this is something what my father would wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

Excellent photo quality, as usual.

Maybe I'm very conservative, but I'm not at all enamored with this look. The man has a great body and I like the sandals, but that's about it. The hair and the beard look messy and not attractive. The shorts suggest underwear, the polo shirt is ridiculously tight and the cuff... it looks totally unnecessary and out of place.

What I value in fashion, for both men and women, is looking effortlessly chic. To me, this look is screaming "I'm trying too hard". His feet are the only part that gives the impression of understated comfort.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Mediterranean Karl Marx

 

Blogger Uncle Killa said ... (12:03 AM) : 

The Jeb Stuart look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

I know I'm supposed to be looking at the cuff, the sandal, etc., but my favorite accessory of his are those GUNS!
He's just beautiful.

 

Blogger Chum said ... (5:09 PM) : 

The beard is the most essential accessory here. Without it, the look would be just be pumped-up preppy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

this is my favorite picture of the summer. great photo. great guy. great style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

The hairstyle and bracelet look like he may be Sikh. Sikh the new chic ~ I rather like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

Wow. Fit body, fabulous outfit...just...wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

i've seen this guy on the subway and couldn't tear my eyes off him. if those sunglasses are gold-rimmed, it's for sure the same guy. he's so beautiful and his skin is like, totally smooth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Oh man...this guy's just cool...could stand there naked and still be dressed right!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

I love this. Instead of hemming my shorts I started rolling them ...because of this shot! It's like you are performing a public service Sart.

 

Blogger Mikael Carlsson said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Really stylish! Perfect photo as well /Mikael

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I would feel compelled to follow him around the city and ask him who he is and where he is from...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

whoa! can i get some tickets to the gun show?

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (5:21 AM) : 

i hate his hair. too messy, i guess. but i like the way he mixed and matched the outfit :)

 

Blogger BlueSky said ... (12:31 AM) : 

I first saw this image in the Sartorialist book...I was immediately struck by the uniqueness of the shot. There was something about the juxtaposition of a large beard and wild hair with the preppy-stylish look on a swarthy and handsome subject. A part of me wanted to become this image, wear what he was wearing and so forth..alas..the look has been done why would I imitate it? Rather I found inspiration to rethink my own appearance and what it means to dress oneself as a method of revelation. Using dress to reveal something inner and yet not being attached to the responses of others thus truly setting oneself free to be somewhat of an ethereal image.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting