This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Graceful Steps Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

On the Street...Graceful Steps Paris


I love the design details
I love the harmony of colors
but I most love the graceful way she walks.

Comments on "On the Street...Graceful Steps Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

I love it.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (8:49 AM) : 

That is a beautiful cardigan! And I love the hind of purple in her feet.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Lovely! The details are beutiful and I love the that shade of pink!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:13 AM) : 

One of your outstanding qualities as a photographer is that you can make us see things most of us would not notice. I would not have given her a second glance, but I can see what you are saying. On a secondary note, I like how her clutch matches her cardigan/blouse. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Am I the only one who has a problem with "signature looks" ?
In this case signature prints , Prada s/s 08.
All I see is Prada - the lovely lady wearing the dress comes second.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Agreed. The colours are beautiful and soft. Looks like a wistful moment to me.

 

Blogger L said ... (10:38 AM) : 

she absolutely has an effortless quality about her.

 

Blogger Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Yes, the way she walks is the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

You said it! Lovely. Charming. Elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Mr Schuman, if you like the angular grace and poise of her movements, you should try to catch the (menswear) stylist/consultant Michele Rafferty in London or Milan or something one day - this (charming) image totally reminded me of her way of moving. (Her outfit will most likely be rockin' also, with exemplary sleeve management.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

A thought provoking post: i love the colours and what she is wearing and it made me think who'd have though a rear view could be as attractive and seductive as a front view? may be all men know that (?!) but as a woman although i always check my rear view in the mirror as my grandmother taught me, i always think of my front view as being the most important. this has taught me not necessarily so...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Sart,
I love your photos. You should write more, I love reading your thougths.

 

Blogger Arethusa said ... (12:50 PM) : 

anonymous@9:15 am -- It's actually Prada Resort. And no, I think this woman wears the dress beautifully, with no fuss. The world is larger than the few who'd recognise it as a Prada anything.

 

Blogger ricola said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Those sleeves are brilliant! I'm going to tuck that awesome little detail away in my things to make and do file.

 

Blogger LRB said ... (1:38 PM) : 

This could be a postcard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

woman works those colors. nice pop of electric purple. i wish she were my mom.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

The skirt is actually Prada resort 2008. I love the way the dusty pink cardigan compliments the colors of the flowers in the skirt. The sleeves on the cardigan are quite unique lightly wrapped like that! It is such a clever, quirky, and also elegant touch. And, as far as I can see, her shoes are darling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

If I were young and beautiful, this is how I would imagine I could look and where I would want to be...since she already has the effortless look down, she appears to have deeper thoughts going on...other than someone photograping her.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I really love the colors - & those sandals are quite cute, too. Purple rocks.

 

Blogger Bethany said ... (4:56 PM) : 

I love her posture
I love her delicacy
but I most love that you make me see her through eyes that are not my own, and with a perspective I would never have picked.

Perfect.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (7:16 PM) : 

Beautiful outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I most love her purse. Is that Prada too?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

this woman is a yogi for sure.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

The way she holds her arms from the back is very intriguing. It's awkwardly graceful. Love the bursts of purple in her clutch and sandals! Very pretty cardigan detail that we wouldn't have seen had you shot her from the front..

 

Blogger Karen said ... (9:48 PM) : 

Reminds me of some of the 30's fabrics and wall coverings that my grandmother had in her house. And I mean that in a good way because I really like fabrics and wall coverings from that time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 AM) : 

My grand mother let me a similar skirt, whitch I adore.. Very sweet.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (2:57 PM) : 

love the rolled up sleeves and the color of her cardigan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Sart this is definitely one of my favourite photos of yours. And I have seen all the photos you uploaded.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

fantastic, her outfit and what you said about her!

 

Blogger Honeybee said ... (10:09 AM) : 

I love the outfit but don't agree as for the walk. To me it looks awkward rather than graceful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

I'm in love with the rolled up sleeves and just the overall comfort factor that this ensemble emits. The cosmetic bag-esque purse (clutch?) works surprisingly well also.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

All i see is Prada

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

I really love every detail, but the skirt ruins it. She had grace and elegance, but the skirt adds a bit of Wal-Mart. Sorry, but it's true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

I like the outfit, but not so much the pose. Her right arm strikes me as a bit awkward, though I doubt she walks like that permanently, so it's all right. But I don't get how several people are able to comment on her graceful walk - this photo is not a video. It's one thing for the Sartorialist to comment on her deportment seeing as how he saw her in action, but quite another for everyone to seemingly have been there as well.

Also, I think the clutch/bag is Stella McCartney (to the person who asked). Her accessories have oversized circle zippper tabs.

 

Blogger milenkos said ... (9:43 PM) : 

I agree with your comments, Scott (I take this opportunity to congratulate you for this site; it's the one blog that inspires to dress the way that makes you feel good by showing what's people are choosing to wear.)

The overall color combination is soothing to the eye and feels intuitive (even if was not, but then, that doesn't make a difference anyway!)

 

Blogger eda said ... (3:06 PM) : 

not just anybody would look like her with the same outfits, so Prada or whatever is not that important.
anyway,for me,nothing but her neck! her gasping her arms.. my fave!

 

Blogger sugar pop said ... (4:44 PM) : 

prada? hmmm... most of us don't see designer names when we look at someone's outfit. unless, of course, the desinger name is plastered on the front. this photo is stunning. she is obviously in a world of her own as she gracefully strolls. i'm intrigued. the purple sandle does it - perfectly. i L*O*V*E it.

 

Blogger Mira Vales said ... (12:45 AM) : 

That's beautiful and feminine look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

my grandma would have worn this :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting