This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Luca Rubinacci, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, August 04, 2008

On the Street...Luca Rubinacci, Milan


Luca is another guy that deserves to be on this blog as often as possible.

As a blogger/photographer I love finding new people to shoot but as a Sartorialist I always want to seeing what Luca is wearing when I am in Milan.

I love that you really get a sense of Luca's young spirit - a lavender jacket in sober/formal Milan is a real statement. Can't you just imagine him riding around Milan or London on his Vespa in this look.

I will update the details tonight but I know Luca comes to Manhattan to see clients about once a month. If you want a bespoke suit with a little attitude then Luca should be one of the guys you consider.

Comments on "On the Street...Luca Rubinacci, Milan"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:25 AM) : 

To me, this is inspiration. If I were to see this jacket on a rack, I probably wouldnt pick it up, since I would not know what to pair it with. Now that I have seen this shot, I would probably pair it just like I see here minus the tie. Love the shoes- have to wear mine more often! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Will Anderson said ... (8:32 AM) : 

I have to say that I have become a fan of Luca. He is always so well put together. His looks are always classic but at the same time pushing the envelope. Great job.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

This is gorgeous. I love the lavender mixed with the gold tie and the slight accent of the red bracelet. Plus it seems that he isn't wearing any socks which says to me that he doesn't take himself too seriously. Well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

A true sartorial ace! Luca takes a color combo and makes it stand on its head -- like a fauvre painter. I admire everything in this photo, and that includes a man who's not color blind but so confident of what to put on his body, including the ankle art. Angela in Santa Barbara

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Italian men always have a great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

The only thing i don't like in the picture is that he does not wear socks.

If you run into his father(Mariano) take a photo of him. He is a much better dresser than Luca.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

He looks supersexy!

 

Blogger so said ... (9:43 AM) : 

i had to zoom in to see the tattoo on his ankle/heel & the layers of bracelets --makes his ensemble a bit more fun!

 

Blogger Landis said ... (9:46 AM) : 

loved this photo on style.com
love it even more in "real size".

thanks for this stylish addition to your metier . . . the ankle ink is a flawless touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Sart gets a brief mention in today's Guardian regarding the hot topic that is Men In Skirts: www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2008/aug/04/fashion.gender

Hadn't considered gold & lavender before, will be giving it a whirl.

 

Blogger Mumi said ... (9:56 AM) : 

i discovered you in an article in the most important news papper of argentina

And now i can say that your blog is the best blog i have read

congrats!

Flore

the link

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1032914

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:04 AM) : 

I love the colors here-the jacket (looks more mauve than lavender to me)- handkerchief combination is especially beautiful. The casual touch of the bracelets works nicely, too.
I know this guy is an icon of yours so further praise would be superfluous. Congrats, to you both.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Lavender jacket.... Wouldn,t had considered but the truth is that it looks great with the white pants. A very contrast.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I think the outfit is a delight- and I'm torn on the fact that he isn't wearing socs. The pro is the tattoo peaking between the shoe and the pant-

The con- it looks dirty. I'm all for a playful look, but bare feet and closed toe shoes in the SUMMER is a sensible no-no.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Good dressers are like good chefs; they don't need to test out a combination of flavors before hand, they just know what goes well together instinctually. The contrast of textures between the shirt, jacket and tie are lovely, it's a combination most wouldn't think to try, but it's easy to tell that Luca just knew this would look great.

I only wish I had this astute foresight in taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

The jacket and tie are perfection. I am not sure about the shoes, they look like they might be smelly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

My kind of man! I love Luca's colour sense and his style is really cool - modern and sharp but done in an utterly unself-conscious way. Looking forward to more photos of Luca in Manhattan and could you do a style profile of him, Sart?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Jacket, tie and shirt lovely. Bracelet divine. No socks all right. Pants very clean. Tattoo unnecessary.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Hmmm... Is that dirt or a tattoo? Not sure I could ever be convinced about the no-socks-with-shoes look - it looks painful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

perspicacious! i want to marry him...

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (12:58 PM) : 

oh! That mustard tie! And how sexy is that subtle tattoo?

 

Blogger yibram palacios said ... (1:22 PM) : 

please...i need more of those nonconservative people,tired of mocasines and ties...(!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

I'm so ready for the "no socks" thing to be over. It keeps taking me back to the Don Johnson, Miami Vice look of the early 80s.
That aside, Luca looks great. I love the fit of the jacket at the neck and shoulders. Patch (not slit) pockets. One button undone on the sleeves.
The neck tie and pocket square work together perfectly.
The slacks fit great. I'd have gone with navy, just because I have a bad habit of spilling soup or coffee on white slacks.
When I look at this outfit I don't think of riding around on a Vespa. Instead, I think this outfit would be perfect for an upscale, weekend garden party. Cool drinks, light food, hot jazz, etc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

it looks great, and as a bonus, he can wear this to a Lakers game in L.A. and super-cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Is he mariano's son?

 

Blogger Emily Pfeifer said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I'm with others, it's great to see a tattoo shown off. I don't think I've ever seen ink in your photos.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:50 PM) : 

effortless!

 

Blogger Trish said ... (3:57 PM) : 

in love...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

I am IN LOVE with the color of this jacket, and it goes so well with the shirt, tie, and flawless pants. This is a fantastic look, plus I love the little hint of tattoo.

 

Blogger Sidney Ann said ... (4:22 PM) : 

So sexy! grrrrowl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

What a pleasure it is to see new posts not only on weekdays but weekends too! You are to blogging what Joe Dimaggio was to hitting the ball consecutively in baseball!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:54 PM) : 

not in London dear, the rain.

 

Blogger The Pilgrim said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Great style, so crisp and cool in this infernal summer. I love the touch of deep yellow of the tie. Oh, and the cuff length... just perfect!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:02 PM) : 

These colors are amazing. Love it.

 

Blogger natalia said ... (6:03 PM) : 

i was just in italy and this defines all. absolutely love it.

 

Blogger Jeffrey Byrnes said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Seeing as how I just recently discovered this wonderful blog, I am left feeling slightly like a fool for being unaware of who some people are. But, I am however very curious about "Luca" He seems to be rather interesting person.

Jeff

Lenshare.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Oh! That lavender with the mustard yellow with the lovely brown shoes. Gorgeous, almost painterly. Love it!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Lavender + yellow is one of my favorite color combos!

 

Blogger hannah said ... (10:12 PM) : 

the colors, textures, stripes, tattoo, it all adds up so well.
i love your photos of men's fashion, this one is particularily amazing. it's so much fun to see really well dressed men and watch my own opinion of what exactly that is form over the course of reading you blog.
it also makes me wish i saw more of them in real life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

His blend is off to me because he went with a lavender blazer that is a pastel color but then is wearing a bold tie.....uum strikes me as unusual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 PM) : 

This is perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a style contests between fashion contemporaries, like Oswald Boateng and Luca, or Lauren and Hilfiger, Prada and Gucci. Maybe show someone famous that is really fashion challenged and have a "dress-off"--two designers build a working and play wardrobe for some movie star that is always getting slammed by the press for wearing weird stuff.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Love the colors of his outfit!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (8:51 AM) : 

That jackets color is wonderful, fresh and original and paired with that tie, a complete winner!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Ma'god...I'm a total fan of Luca as well...in fact, i wish that i find him next time i'm in NY..hehehe.
Great colour for a jacket and nice combination with the tie. Socks however would be highly recommended in Milan in august...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I forgot to comment on his hair and beard which are so becoming and really neat. I can forgive him the icky tattoo for them.

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (11:07 AM) : 

All those clothes and no socks. I have to say I don't get that look.

 

Blogger Keisha Kornbread said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I love him!!!

He's such a happy man and makes me happy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

a total dreamboat. though I too am slightly bothered by the lack of socks. Scrap 'slightly' - replace that with 'quite'.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

He's adorable. It seems like Europeans are better at choosing colors to wear that compliment them as individuals. They also are able to find beautifully colored garments and then have the nerve to wear them whatever the current fashion environment. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Ooooh flawless! will keep in mind combination for comming summer (South America)Tku Sart for the photo and Luca for looking so effortlessly great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

About the lack of socks: having grown up in the south, socks were never worn with loafers and it was hot and humid there, too. I guess we never got close to each other's feet...! Anyway, I understand why no socks and its cool, ha ha.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

The colors are very pleasant to the eyes, very chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

WHAT a colourist. I hope he paints in his spare time. And what an expert mash-up between formal and informal.

Perhaps, oh socklessness haters, he is wearing those hidden socklets?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I agree with the SAR...definitely looks great and actaully sends an underlying message to me at least that there is morewhere this look came from...so stay tuned!

Thanks for the insight about the Milanese norms in style, which makes this guy stand out even more.

would love to see him being sighted again and again

THXSAR!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

What kind of shoes are those?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:21 PM) : 

he's a delicious ice cream, bet he smells wonderful

 

Blogger Raven said ... (8:46 PM) : 

love these colors so much! I want a room in this palette ... or perhaps a wedding. :)

Though he doesn't pay much attention to style, my boyfriend wears a lot of light pinks and some purple. Great to see inspiration for him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Love the jacket, love the color combination, Love everything he put together. What an inspiration!

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Great style, please more of him! And gave me a great idea of what to do with my Chinese leg charm bracelet (gift on holidays from a friend) in the city: wear it with my watch on my wrist!

 

Blogger eda said ... (3:09 PM) : 

so succexy so succexy:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Can someone please tell me what kind of shoes those are?!?! They are awesome! I know they are some sort of tasseled loafers...but what brand? Where can I get them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Can someone please tell me where I can get those tasseled loafers?!? they are awesome. can someone help me out?

 

Blogger billy.goulston said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Easily my favorite mens outfit of any that I've seen on this site.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Luca, Luca, what's that devilish twinkle? What mischievous thing are you up to?

 

Blogger andrea of ffft said ... (12:38 PM) : 

THAT is exactly what I want in a man. PRECISELY.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

He just looks terrific. That tattoo in the ankle for some reason just works. I love ethe colour of the jacket and he has a wonderful relaxed attitude. He does not look like he is forcing anything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Now this, I love!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting