This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Scene.....The Coolest, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the Scene.....The Coolest, NYC

Comments on "On the Scene.....The Coolest, NYC"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:09 AM) : 

They're trying to make me go to rehab, and I say no no no??? LOVE the hair, the bigger the better! As to her dress, it is similar to one Madonna wore recently to endless criticism, I am curious to read your audience's reactions. I happen to like it, even paired with the cardigan. Funny how 2 conservative pieces make such a fresh statement. It works on a very tall woman. I bet we see comments about the gladiator high heels. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Ali said ... (8:24 AM) : 

am personally questioning the hair, but love the dress, sweater and shoes.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Her shoes are amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Oh, fabulous, fabulous shoes! And hair for that matter!

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (8:29 AM) : 

the delicate pleating of her dress really complements the ribbing of her cardigan. and anyone who can pull off a bright day-gloish red dress with that hair is awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Those shoes are wow!! And I love the way she matches the baby blue of the cardigan with the red dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

her overall style is wonderfully eclectic. and those shoes are some sort of awesome.

the little clutch is also refreshing from those monstrous bags everyone's carrying these days.

i just stumbled upon this blog. i look forward to seeing what the future holds!

 

Blogger HANNAH-ZOË said ... (8:42 AM) : 

The coolest indeed!

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Haven't we seen her before. The red pops really well in this photo. Always loving the hair.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (9:01 AM) : 

those legs! i love her shoes.

 

Blogger CCP said ... (9:03 AM) : 

really wish those were my shoes, and that was my birds' nest hair.

the detail on the dress is beautiful, and i love how the belt ties the whole thing together.

not sure about the long cable-knit grey sweater, though. i think she could have done better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

The funny part is, if someone wore that outfit without such over-the-top hair, everyone would just think it was awful. But the hair makes it. AND THOSE SHOES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Does anyone know where the shoes are from ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

I love how her hair is always the same, who is she?

 

Blogger shoe-addict-mom said ... (9:36 AM) : 

killer heels!!!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:50 AM) : 

The shoes have it. The first gladiator I've been tempted by.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Nice picture ! The contrast between her playful hairstyle and the sharp lines of her shoes is very interesting, and brings the entire 'look' together.

 

Blogger VanessaFromMilan said ... (9:53 AM) : 

i like this shoes!

 

Blogger VonSontag said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Since yesterday, every time I'll see high heels, I think about Bill Cunningham commented portofolio :http://idata.over-blog.com/1/36/81/92//BillCunningham_hheels.jpg :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

wow those shoes are so great! her personal style is fantastic ... this is perfect "sartorialist material"!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:18 AM) : 

The girl in red has the most extraordinary hair - and those shoes are something as well.

I also like the stack of gold bracelets on the woman on the left - simple and cool (and cheap if they're from one of those Indian stores!)

 

Blogger Liz said ... (10:34 AM) : 

She is rocking that crazy hair.
I like how she matches the eye-popping red dress with a long sweater...I have to keep that in mind as the weather gets cooler.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

who is that woman in the red dress! she is amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I love what she's done with her hair - it works really well for her. she looks english; no make up, peaches and cream skin, the mis-matched look with a thrift store cardigan - great!

 

Blogger tal said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I LOVE those shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

What a lovely smile! What I adore about this look is that it has a narrative about it that isn't contrived -- there appears to be a real human story about how this look was put together that to me is the epitome of chic -- what's the story behind the hair? And the sweater that doesn't match the dress? I love the dress and the shoes -- but it's the smile, the hair, the sweater -- was she late for something and just pulled the nearest sweater from her closet? Did she lose a bet and had to wear her hair that way? But the smile -- how flirtatious, how winning!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Again, I am crazy about a red, white, and blue combo. Her outfit just pops!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

I would never have put together red and light blue, but she rocks it, especially with those shoes. The woman in navy is wearing her shoes too small, however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Usually when women wear heals like this their feet look like they are throbbing, with the foot coming out the side or the toes starting to look pinkish-white. But this woman seems to have defied the side effects of stilettoes. They look amazing on her.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (11:09 AM) : 

interesting hear!
good colors desigions, but i cant get the shoes. it seems they dont feet this dress.

 

Blogger Maria D.L.A. said ... (11:36 AM) : 

She's the Robert's assistant!!Great!
sure,her hairstyling is so distinctive and the red dress(maybe vintage)is her set piece.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

It's a Virginia Wolfe update right down to stretching out the cardigan in front. Happy to see knits back in action. Keep an eye out for the cardigan and simple dress combo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Stunning!
I love the wartime knitwear/pretty dress combination. This is a bit Edge of Love, but moving a little away from the floral tea dresses and cocoon knits a la Sienna Miller.
The clutch and heels update it, and although I dislike gladiator sandals, these ones are shockingly elegant- is it just me, or do 99.9% of gladiator sandals and heels look ungainly and chunky? I'm all for toughening up an outfit, but I hate clunkyness and lack of elegance... but there are wonderful, and make her legs look amazing.
The hair... I'm undecided. Lots of girls in my school are backcombing their hair... she's just taking it out of the ordinary. I'm just not sure weather it is catwalk hair or every day hair, or maybe she simply sees the world as her catwalk? That's the impression i'm getting, anyhow. So even if I personally wouldn't wear it... I can respect the thought behind it and quite enjoy it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

I like what the older lady is wearing

 

Blogger liz song mandell said ... (1:08 PM) : 

the shoes are worn well here. and the pleats on her beautiful red dress are perfect! unfortunately, that gray cardigan takes away from the overall composition of the outfit. what do you think sart?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Love it, those shoes are amazing, don't care what people say about gladiaotrs. She looks so elegant and the clutch adds to that. Lastly, a bit of quirkiness, she has her hand poking through the cardi; how cool!

Energie

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Love them! I like how she is posing with her knee slightly bent.

 

Blogger saray said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Love the shoes that the woman with the red dress is wearing!!
pure prefection!

 

Blogger Izzy said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Who is this woman?! She has the most iconic hairstyle. Her hair somewhat evokes an Amy Winehouse meets Roxette vibe.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (1:46 PM) : 

gorgeous!! love, love, love it - my favorite look in quit some time.

i do recognize her - you've shot her a time or two, no?

 

Blogger Cory Lasser said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Great! Here she is in another outfit:

http://mrlasser.blogspot.com/2008/09/ny-fashion-week-spring-09so-far.html

Cheers!

-Mr. Lasser

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Egads, the shoes! They are stunning and don't appear to be hurting her (even though I'm sure they are).

She looks so fun!

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (3:10 PM) : 

is her hair like that for a show or does she roam the streets with air like that .
i quite like it ..all happening up there with her totally contrasting innocent face!!
I'm all for the entire feel of this image.fashion-wise it gets thumbs up from all quarters i can see.(me TOO ME TOO)
but he the glossy car at the back ..the entire this looks like one of the fashion spreads in the magazine which a has been produced after much ado!!
so flawlessly executed by you s.

reasons why i LOVE this blog~~

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (4:00 PM) : 

i LOVE her! so insanely SEXy!!!

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (4:27 PM) : 

The shoes and the dress are an odd juxtaposition.

But about those shoes - "Yes, I've been a bad boy...a very, very bad boy. I'll take my punishment now."

 

Blogger LRB said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Adore her long knit cardigan and hair. Everything about her is so carefree and I think that's what real great style is about.

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Crazy and adorable! A bit Coronation Street, a bit $800 heels. Makes me crave scones and clotted cream at Liberty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

I like how the toenail polish seems to match the color of her shoes.
The shoes... I'm speechless, they are beautiful.
And her hair?, I'm speechless as well; don't know what to say about it, but whatever it is that I would like to say, surely wouldn't be negative.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

I applaud her for going out with hair like that, she looks like she's in a photo shoot not in RL..

 

Blogger R. Parks said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Maybe the best shoes I've seen photographed on your site.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Not everyone can pull something like this off. It's only because she is tall, blonde, and beautiful that this works at all. Most people would be laughed at if they put this outfit together. Also, your composition of the photo and the colors are great.

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:43 PM) : 

Does anyone remember the movie 'Liquid Sky'?

I'm getting a vibe about that! Pretty striking.

 

Blogger esme and the laneway said ... (11:15 PM) : 

I LOVE everything about her! And in those other pics you have of her, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

I am not liking this look, something about the color of brown on the shoes? I don't know, just wrong.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 AM) : 

Alaia shoes, very $$$.

 

Blogger magstermash said ... (1:32 AM) : 

CRAZY hair!!

I want those strappy buckled-up heels, the print of that dress, and the gold bangles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

i seriously find the addition of gray cardigans kind of like adding seasalt to salmon. they so often make a good outfit great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 AM) : 

I love her hair: it's a combination of fresh young girl and batty old woman - so whimsical!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:40 AM) : 

how fun! I love the 80's twist to her hair with the 40's inspired dress/cardi combo.
I think I need to start aiming for this kind of too-cool-for-school vintage mash-up look. It's probably within budget and it looks amazing.

Also, I like the combo of 7/8th pant length and mules on the woman to the left - nice ankles, nicely displayed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

The shoes are by Azzedine Alaia. Katie Holmes has been wearing them too on a number of occasions.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 AM) : 

I'm always trying to keep my hair in check which is difficult .. but maybe I should just wear it like hers .. inspiring look!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (7:17 AM) : 

I love how she pulls off that whole look (even with that hair), the outfit is just 2D4, and those shoes, OMGOSH!!! My jaw dropped, I'm pretty sure they're Azzedine Alaia's...DROOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I've seen her on Garance Dore before and she looked just as beautiful as in this pic. Amazing style, makes everyday wardrobe items just pop!

But it's the hair that does it for me, it's absolutely breathtaking, you'll never meet another woman like her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 PM) : 

wow what great shoes. i love. and i am not a gladiator fan either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

I absolutely love her shoes. Adds that needed edge to her outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Our Lady of the Marvelous Hair! I love love love her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Beautiful legs, and the overall image is just great. Wonder how she does this, since to me it all simply just works together, her hair, shoes, dress, cardigan- and smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Charming and adorable combination the young lady wears, and that lady on left... what a perfect elegance!

I heart you, Mr Sartorialist:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Amazing. The shoes could look dreadful with a more red-carpet dress - way too overdone. But she looks just fabulous. What a great eye she has to pull it all together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 AM) : 

kate g. ilove the virgina woolf comment! my fav movie.
amazing style in that!
she looks amazing and i love the way the older women on the left is rocking those pants!
the shoes now that its sept are a little tired but look good.
sart, where is your counterpart in OC, CA? you are amazing,love your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Got my identical cardigan in navy out and told it the time out has been completed. It immediately made friends with my purple cordyroy mini skirt and black tights! Thanks for the tip, lady in red!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

I love how the dress drapes around her fuller body. You can see her stomach beneath her belt, and her shoulders are nice and round. A great example of how one can make clothes look fantastic without being shaped like a hanger.

(Or we've gone so far that she really is a stick and I just can't tell anymore!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Great and single combination. But sandals (well in themselves)aren't right here. Good eccentric hair.

 

Blogger Belen Dominguez said ... (6:23 AM) : 

I really like her hair, i think her look is really modern, and her shoes are lovely, aren't them?
kisses from a spanish girl!

 

Blogger TheShoeGirl said ... (5:30 PM) : 

She reminds me of Annie. As in the sun will come out tomorrow Annie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 AM) : 

Oh My! Why it can't be me?????
I want to look exactly like this!

 

Blogger Diane said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Love the hair --- I want to be able to wear those heals

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I love the hair! It's a Janet Frame fashion moment.

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (5:12 AM) : 

nice hair-do, and i love the dress too! esp the color. nice :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

"Meet Virginia" by Train comes to mind...
(that is, if Virginia owned a dress :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Looks like my Marks and Spencers £30 cardigan. Cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

love the whole thing! they just look so fun!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting