This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Sixth Avenue, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On the Street.....Sixth Avenue, NYC

Comments on "On the Street.....Sixth Avenue, NYC"

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (9:51 AM) : 

like his shoes.


(WHAT is with the sleeves these days?????!!!!!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

enough already, Halloween is next month.

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (9:53 AM) : 

o_O i like his expression too.
trousers??!!?

 

Blogger magstermash said ... (10:02 AM) : 

What is that dangling off of his neck? A clown?!

I like the clean-cut lines of his jacket with that wrinkly bunched up look on his pants. The belt ties everything together to me and I just LOVE those shoes. It's also a change to see the 3/4 sleeve look with shorter pants on men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Is that a shorter Terrance Howard with fabulous gold shoes??

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I won't do a "like/don't like" list since those are of little to no use to anyone; I like the look overall and that's what's important. Are those the same Lanvin shoes we saw in the silk shorts photo? I will say I like those. This is another good example of inspiration possibly leading to interpretation but not to imitation- I wouldn't make many of the choices he's made here, yet I could in my own way go for the same general look because I think it's good.

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (10:20 AM) : 

i love how unisex this look is - i can see myself wearing the exact same thing. such a chic and comfy look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

great style, i strongly believe that the gold metallic shoes topes the look. Thoughts?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Now men are doing the "pigeon-toe" too? This pose needs to go.

Toes aside, his look is eye-catching for certain. I like the play with lengths (blazer and pants) as well as the mix of plaid and metallic.

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Royelyn! Lurve your fancy gold shoes, and your necklace!

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (10:41 AM) : 

i am totally down with indulging the metallic shoe trend (i'm personally more of a sneakers guy).

how do guys do the no-sock look? to me it's not worth the sweaty/smelly/uncomfortable ....ness. then i also feel funny about getting those no show socks that fit like ballet slippers. baby powder helps, but not enough.

 

Blogger Jeremiah William McCarthy said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Love the necklace. And, there are those Lanvin shoes again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Fresh to death. He looks awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

omg!
Don't you think the trousers are a little short!?!?!?

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I defenetly like the belt-shirt combo and the jacket is nice. I am not so sure about the lenght of the pant and the shoes are a no-no to me... Only my opinion...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

personally, I think this trend of short trousers is definitely not appealing neither on men or women ( I don´t think the same of rolled up trousers, as they look casual and chic). As for the rest of the look: the combination is daring and funny and only for an artist or a musician.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

What shoes! Perfect for September.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (11:25 AM) : 

I like the material and fit of the jacket, and I LOVE the shoes. In my humble opinion, one must carefully consider such a strong plaid when pairing it with anything else. When I add the plaid, the clown pendant, and the belt contrasting with the pants, the result is far more than the sum, and way too much for one person. If I could dress this guy all over again, I would leave the shoes, lose the shirt and pair it with a simple white shirt. As I said, that's just me. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Fun but not stylish, not at all. Pity for the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

One word, F U N! This look may only work on him, i'm not sure.. But it works beautifully. Why change a thing. His personality is perfectly portrayed. I will beg for the pigeon toe thing to be terminated though (like previous poster). It's tired.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

The plaid looks great with all the navy and the lighter pops of color at the belt and shoes. It's not overwhelming at all. Honestly, I think that bizarre necklace really pulls it all together; if I place my thumb over it, the outfit doesn't seem as balanced.

I like the cropped sleeves and pants, too.

Even though I might be able to look at each item on its own and say that it's flamboyant or unattractive or the sort of item that would ONLY work in an otherwise conservative outfit to give a pop of flair, this overall outfit looks great and not at all "silly" or "horrid" or fit for Halloween.

The above comment about how unisex it is has me longing for a cropped suit in my size now, too...

It is a bit hard to make out the fit on the pants because of the shadows, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

OMG!!! Those shoes are to die for!! (Does anyone know what brand they are from?) Do think the necklace is a little creepy, but adore the belt and jacket. I agree with 'Sparrow' about the pigeon-toe thing! It looks so ridiculous.
xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

The shoes are a shocker, I can't Imagen anyone wearing these.....apart from this bloke obviously

 

Blogger Orfamay said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Those glorious copper shoes again! I love this gentleman's look, playful but not silly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

nooooooooo. pigeon-toed stance and short pants? nooooooo.

i'm feeling very eloquent today, can you tell?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Above the waist = Very cute
Below the waist = rather horrendous, except for the shoes (I'm going to give some concession to those golden shoes, very funky)

Ugly pants, I'm sorry but it's very ill fitting, as for the belt...it's rather unstylish, very regular.

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (12:24 PM) : 

The shirt makes the look, together with the belt and shoes. And the colour of his skin. I like it!!!
Beautiful colour palette.

Blue jacket with black trousers... I was always told that it´s a "no-no", but who cares.

Weird, on the first view I thought he has a mexican touch, then I discovered that it´s a clown hanging round his neck.
good sense of humour, particularly with regard to his "pierrot"-shoes.

what about his trousers?
funny fit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Aside from the looseness/length combo of the trousers, this outfit is INCREDIBLE. Clothes should always have a sense of humor--this is how I want to look every day. I am in love.

 

Blogger Gypmar said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Perhaps it's because of the expression you've captured on his face...a look that seems to be going for quirky and playful comes across as menacing and slightly unhinged. Or maybe that's just the by-product of accessorizing with a clown.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Please...

 

Blogger Jean said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Yes: Shirt, suit, belt, necklace, coiffure and expression. No: cropped pants, gold shoes, pigeon-toed stance. Maybe: short sleeves; I'd prefer them full-length, pushed up. Fit of pants is dubious, but maybe the silhouette is messed up by the shadows behind him.

 

Blogger Kate said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I want a female version of those gold shoes.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I loved the shoes before, and love them still.

However...that is a creepy clown necklace! If that were removed, I'd like the outfit so much better. I like the shirt/belt/blazer/shoes look. He does look very small, perhaps because of his stance and the cropped pants.

 

Blogger meredith said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Nice that you included those gold fleur-de-lis on the fence.

The look is good because it's enigmatic, I keep wanting to "interpret" it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

He looks so badass and then I see the shoes and clown necklace and I'm like, "I wonder what his voice sounds like?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

very female body posture though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

perfect ensemble, foremost the colours

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:16 PM) : 

i would love to see the pendant up close though for my taste it's overscaled.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Ooof, taking Thom Browne to its logical conclusion.

(I love Thom Browne, but even he will only go so far.)

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (1:26 PM) : 

sweet shoes.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Those great gold shoes and funny little pendant help me overlook the manpris (manpri = man capris = no).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

pigeon-toes, no socks, metallic shoes, oh my! his stance serves only to make his legs look even shorter.

 

Blogger a reference said ... (1:41 PM) : 

you people are mean. he's precious. a new silhouette if you will.

 

Blogger NorthShore Chicago said ... (1:42 PM) : 

This is too many looks (and none of them good) for one man. Interesting photo however.

 

Blogger anu said ... (1:46 PM) : 

I think the shoes&short pants combination is definitely girly. And what's with his feet?

 

Blogger bestlifelessons said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Hello,your blog is very beautiful.
This looks very interesting and do want to spend some time looking it over.
bestlifelessons.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

"Fresh to death" is my new fave phrase, anon 10:55. This guy has GUTS. Especially with the clown necklace. You think he looks crazy but he's calling you the clown. Riiiiiiiight on!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:33 PM) : 

The Harlequin clown is a riot. What sass!

Is it me or do those pants not fit properly? His lower torso and legs seem to be rammed into the front half of the trousers.

 

Blogger porter hovey said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Just perfect! Love the shirt . . . love the shoes. A great mix.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:58 PM) : 

My, he shines up like a new penny. Love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

That's one interesting necklace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

I love it when examples of men dressing creatively are posted all the haters come out. It's either regarded as hideous or something only 'woman' should wear.

Well, I thought the point of this here blog is to inspire and show inspirational dressers.

This man is dressing creatively and is inspirational—like it or not. Perhaps the haters should take a look inside and see what's so troubling about a man expressing himself outside of the box we have placed men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

5andra, 2:33 PM: "Is it me or do those pants not fit properly? His lower torso and legs seem to be rammed into the front half of the trousers."

Yeah, I can't tell if that's the pose he's in or the wind or if the pants fit funny, but everything else is so great (and I still love manpris).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

nice blog, pls visit us
we have a modeling ´s blog
I hope see your coment

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

I think its an interesting mess. There are ideas here, that need to be sorted out or honed a bit more. Not exactly truly chic or glamorous but could be swiped from by someone with a bigger budget and made to work. A lot of this outfit seem to be very similar to women's clothes I've seen lately.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 PM) : 

I love the outfit AND the accessories. It looks like someone threw him in the dryer and his clothes shrunk or maybe someone stole his clothes and he had to borrow his little brothers tiny suit and shirt. Whatever the case it's adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

It's happy. I like it. I covet the shoes.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (6:29 PM) : 

There's something slightly Artful Dodgerish about this look. I'm liking it.... yeah.... it's growing on me.

The high-waisted pants aren't flattering per se but if they went to his feet they'd be fly. For me that's the only real issue (not mentioning the shoes). Even the jacket, which seems too small, works in a Dickensian way.

From the knees up this cat rocks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

He looks amazing, what's wrong with you people?

This is the first example of short pants I've seen on a man that really work, IMHO, and a lot of it has to do with his height, the length of the jacket, and the higher waist of the pant. The shirt/belt combo looks fabulous and the shoes -- well, who doesn't want those shoes?

I will agree that the clown necklace is a little scary but overall the really scary thing is how much the rest of you need to lighten up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

3/4 sleeves on the jacket and 3/4 legs on the trousers. Wonderful. And all the rest works too. This is the difference between art and artifice.

Agree with Anonymous at 3.18. And look where the thinking-in-the-box bottom liners have got us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

I believe that necklace is "The Tin Man" from Wizard of Oz. Thus, the plaid shirt and metallic shoes....a theme...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 PM) : 

Oop! On closer inspection, I can see it's a clown, forget the Wizard of Oz theory!

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (7:38 PM) : 

haha, i wonder if he did the pigeon toed stance just because the viewers here comment about it so much.

if i ever ran into scott and he decided to take a photo of me, i think i would do the same thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Sorry, but no. Just not a good look. Men in capris? No. I don't even like men with rolled up pants. Just too "precious".

And the rest just doesn't look like it fits properly.

I'm with the rest of the commenters on the pigeon-toed pose. It must GO.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Now THAT'S how you keep a Mannnnnn

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

I like it. A lot. Except that pigeon toed thing that he's doing reminds me of Japanese girls trying to be feminine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

There is a circus quality to this person. In his stance, the pendant, the shoes, the prideful gaze, as if to say "I can walk through fire; can you?"

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (1:08 AM) : 

Regarding this post and "W. 21st, Chelsea" below it, I realized after reading the ensuing comments that my responses could have been stated in one sentence each. He simply made me think that the idea of a suit with cropped pants was an interesting one , and no he wasn't even wearing a suit. She made me think, tactfully as I tried to put it initially, that those shoes with that sweater jacket were like fetish wear with a twin-set- I'm sure it's done but it's not my thing.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (4:11 AM) : 

i love his necklace. i'm not agree that without it - the outfit will be better.
clown is moody - and thats great!
no doubts, shoes and pants - are special. very style streamlined outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 AM) : 

mmmm nice..

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I couldn't wear it but good for him!
Love the necklace.

 

Blogger Matthew Archer said ... (6:01 PM) : 

I've seen these (Louis Vuitton?) shoes a lot this year. I like them a lot. I would prefer longer pants and maybe a different belt, but I really enjoy seeing his pushed-up sleeves and the awesome joker necklace. Combined with his pigeon-toed haute couture stance, each element contributes to to make this a wonderful ensemble.

 

Blogger Amir Olavi said ... (5:09 AM) : 

Cool! Like the look and the picture, very harmonious...the decorative poles of the fence match with his shoes so well.

 

Blogger Rich said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Definite props for self-expression, and especially that "a man" would wear such flashy, atypical shoes. And love the necklace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

@ miss sophie:
i wouldn't exactly call this a unisex look.

the too-short trousers, the short sleeves on the blazer... it looks like he raided the boys' department!

add to that the way his toes are pointed inward - this is definitely not a flattering look for an otherwise handsome man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Every British scenester girl does that pigeon toed stance... irritating. Love the necklace.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting