This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....White Frames, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 26, 2008

On the Street.....White Frames, Milano

Comments on "On the Street.....White Frames, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

Unexpected but cool. Contemporary without trying to be trendy. I like his fine shoes too.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Beautifully done. The first thing my eye went to was the length of his pants. A side affect of peering at your images for the past few months became apparent last week when I began pulling Fall clothes out and trying them on- I thought everything was too long! The pants, the shirt sleeves- and imagine the alteration bills! The effects of your blog are far-reaching, alright. HIS sleeves look a bit long but it's probably his stance. He looks like someone who'd be correct in all the details.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Hi, great picture! I like the soft construction jacket, being a thrift-shopper, I usually pick them up it they are a good fabric and in my size. LOVE the shoes, the are obviously good quality and they are perfectly shined. Men's classic shoes are an investment, no doubt about that. I am a bit less enchanted by the pants, although I read everywhere that pleats are coming back, I got rid of most of my pleated pants and only wear pleats when part of a suit. I will be interested to ready other comments on the length, but my ignorant opinion is that if you are going to wear a cuff, the pant should "break" and slightly touch the shoe. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 AM) : 

i thought what you meant was the window frames behind him, then i noticed his glasses...nice!

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (9:10 AM) : 

love him. and the eyewear!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Defenetly nice, I have always been partial to grey and blue. I also love the glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

This is the best dressed man you've posted in a while. The proportion and color is amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I'm a sucker for white frames. All the charming older men in my life seem to wear them.

 

Blogger The Other Gotham said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Italian men have mastered the art of looking comfortable in tailored clothing without looking sloppy. Like Mastroianni in "La Dolce Vita", the ultimate cool.

 

Blogger Izzy said ... (10:47 AM) : 

just the right amount of quirk, but still age-appropriate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Sart - you've convinced me Milanese men are the best dressers in the world! Hope you had time to go shopping for yourself. If you did will you tell us what you bought and share you own wardrobe secrets?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Not really very spectacular clothing - but every detail so well considered and balanced that the over all effect is spectacular. Wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Nice drape on the jacket indeed. Contributes to his overall sense of ease. I think it is cut a little long but that is the only fault.
Fall is upon us, gray and blue are a great direction to go.
As far as the cuffed trouser not having a pronounced break, I think it is fine and adds a nice weight to a pleated pant.
Interesting use of the bike rack as cane - great accessorizing! ;-)

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (12:55 PM) : 

if i was a woman i would want to date him, haha!

i like how his pleated pants arent too baggy.. that's a tough balance to find. i also read that the bigger cuffs are stylish in italy.
what about the shoulders on his jacket? a little too wide?
tie is thinner, but not so thin it will go back out of style

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Nice. Love the shirt, trousers, and tassel loafers. This is my daily uniform.

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (1:13 PM) : 

I adore the glasses and shoes...I'm not too sure about the pants.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I have a friend who will be pleased to see this. He's worn white frames since the 1980's...I'm still a fan of straight collars rather than spread or wing. Great shoes! Love the cuffs, too!

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Be still my beating heart!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (3:47 PM) : 

He looks jolly and warm.

I love everything: glasses, hair, smile, jacket (which seems a bit boxy IMO) shoes, tie and color palette. I'm not however a fan of the pants. Pleats don't flatter anyone's body and the length here (regardless of whether or not it's a trend, etc.) just isn't appealing. The line of the leg looks stumpy and in fact with hands in pockets gives the wearer hips that may not be there.

 

Blogger Haiku runner said ... (4:25 PM) : 

what a boring outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Not a big fan of the pants (he needs a long rise) but other than that, he looks well put together. I really dig the shoes.

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (1:01 AM) : 

Those glasses are the deal! I want a pair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 AM) : 

It's kind of nice to see a longer and looser coat on this guy at a time when shorter and more form fitting seems to be the trend. His color combination is easy on the eye, conveying a natural elegance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

Classy and confortable, very Milanese; I am particularly fond of the fake third button on the jacket, which gives a more relaxed look to the whole attire.
It is very difficult to do pleated trousers this well, they do not look baggy at all.

 

Blogger Josef said ... (5:19 AM) : 

"Oh my God! He has white frames. What a stylish excentric gentleman. Did he play golf with the king?"

 

Blogger Bifurkation said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I too liked the length of his trousers and the shoe shine is divine! But how do you polish the tassels?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:08 PM) : 

I know you posted this for the eyeglass frames, but the pleated pants bother me -- I don't look forward to their return! Great shot, though, and nice to see the man smiling so brightly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

the Italian fashion news exposed here is that Italians are anglophiles. the shoes? strictly English, pleats in the pants and shirt collar all very English. The jacket? see Clark Gable circa 1939, so one for the Yanks.
All in all a very cool gentleman, wish there were more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

those glasses! que interesante! i'll agree that the sleeves look a bit long, but the blues and grays just warm me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

did anyone else notice his shoes first? perfect.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:44 PM) : 

im not quite sur if i like it. on first glance it did not appeal at all, besides for the shoes. no, however, i find that his sense of ease makes it all much better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

I love his shoes too! has anybody got any ideas who might have made them or where to get similar?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

a little something strange going on with the size of the knot/spread collar, right?

how come it still works so perfectly, then?


...and this is my utopian color palate

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 AM) : 

smashing...absolutely smashing!
love it!

ES

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

Great shot Sart, I particularly like his collar, tie and shoes. All in all the look is very laid back but also smart.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Does anyone know who makes these glasses? I might start supplementing my contacts if I could find this frame!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Don't know who makes these but there is a lot of this kind of thing around if you go looking for it. I have a shop that sells specs and this style is becoming ever more popular. At a guess I would say these are natural horn or at least bone effect rather than white.

 

Blogger Gentleman Farmer said ... (11:33 AM) : 

The color of glasses work so well because of his great head of salt and pepper hair. If he were not greyed the contast might be to much.

l.a. Eyeworks carries traditional shaped frames in light cream shaded colors.

Allen Edmonds is always a good source for classic cordovan loafers similar to these.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 AM) : 

Always looking Great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I really like that you take pictures of 30+ people, not just young hipsters. The age diversity of the models is one of the great things about this blog.

Miriam

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

I love this style. I will have on mind while shopping at BanaRepublic.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

A natural and simple elegance, no flashy, no intimidating but very pleasant. An appearance very nearby (he's for me like my father). His kind attitude, His glasses, his face, his gray hair and his smile are his best garments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

I love how happy this man looks.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting