This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

When Two Sartorialist Photographers Meet on the Street...There's Gonna Be a Shoot-out

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 16, 2008

When Two Sartorialist Photographers Meet on the Street...There's Gonna Be a Shoot-out


Mr. Michel Comte

Comments on "When Two Sartorialist Photographers Meet on the Street...There's Gonna Be a Shoot-out"

 

Blogger Emy Augustus said ... (8:59 AM) : 

I like her shoes...

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Love them.

Style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I love it! "The shoot out" I can see the showdown now...
Not a big fan of rolled pants on men but he does it with such panache!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:44 AM) : 

beautiful!!!!
Love her faces!
X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Great Minds Think Alike.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

So what's up with the pant cuff's? Looks like their all coming up in the past few men's shots. Is this only in NYC?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Monsieur Comte knows how to dress... love it...need the orange scarf...of course, she is cute too.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (10:30 AM) : 

is that a taped seam on his work trouser turn up ?

 

Blogger GreatSheElephant said ... (10:33 AM) : 

That explains all those pictures of men with their trousers too short.

She looks great.

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:41 AM) : 

adore his orange scarf!
and wondering what he is shooting with? quel appareil?


who won?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I like those big clunky shoes.

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (10:52 AM) : 

The orange scarf he's wearing is spectacular.

 

Blogger S. said ... (10:58 AM) : 

He looks amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

ugh. painfully cute and good. I mean, nice clothes, I'm sure. But he takes what is essentially an old-ass looking blazer and paint-speckled-ass trousers (bottom), and transforms them (the bracelet, the two white sleeve buttons poking out, the eyewear, whatever it is breaking his jacket's lines in his pocket, and of course the enormous scarf) into something far better and cooler than "perfection". This puts a cigarette out in perfection's wine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

do you know what camera he is holding in his hand?

thanks

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:25 AM) : 

this makes me wonder what *you* were wearing when he took your photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

sigma dp1?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

where can we see Mr. Comtes' pictures??


thank you
they both look great
love his glasses

 

Blogger poeta fit, non nascitur said ... (11:57 AM) : 

yes, i love his glasses. that's the first thing i noticed.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Is that paint on the pants of the picture in the botton... If it is I'll start wearing some pants that got painted on my last remodeling....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

The Persol sunglass in the second picture has been wore by 3 of your subjects in the last 2 weeks. First on the 'Vampire Three', then on the beautiful woman in 'Via Turati' and now Mr. Comte. 1 style, 3 completely different looks. It goes to show how timeless Persol is.

-Gary

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

I was wondering the same thing about the excess length of the jeans rolled up. I am in a lab in CA and a young chemist wears her jeans with about 8" of cuff rolled up. I thought it was odd at first, then when I saw Sart posting these picture today, I thought, this is more widespread than I thought...East coast! Not sure if I could wear my jeans like that.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (1:05 PM) : 

again : love the scarf - would buy this for my husband and then wear it myself ;-)))

I think his shoes are Prada ; they look exactly the same as a brown pair hubby has in his closet ...
He always says they are comfy...so that's why we see them in both pictures ... Only women would suffer from 'pieds douloureux' and wear the most horrific shoes (do love her blue ribboned ballerina's..)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Note, too, the black and white cord around Mr. Comte's wrist. It symbolizes solidarity with Tibetan political prisoners. They used to braid them using yak hair to send messages to each other. Or, THE message- Free Tibet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

I rarely comment but must say something about the woman here. The nature of my own day to day life means that I would usually look silly in heels and dressy clothes, so I especially appreciate seeing her on this site.
I love how relaxed and comfortable she looks in her clothes, which are still interesting and chic.
That's exactly what I aspire to in terms of style.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Very cool! Who is she?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Michel Comte
http://www.michelcomte.org/index.html

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Both women look super, but I wouldn't call his cuffed pants age-appropriate.

 

Blogger Tina-X said ... (3:49 PM) : 

her nails are even pointed like the tip of her shoes!

 

Blogger La Clocharde said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Soooo cute!!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Love his homemade-looking orange scarf and her ribboned flats. What a chic couple!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

hey this HERMES SCARF is amazing !! must have of the season for sure !!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:25 PM) : 

Wow, I haven't rolled my jeans like that since...the 80's, and my mom would laugh and say I looked like I was going to plant rice...(I won't sing what she used to, when she would tease me about it)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

does anyone know who the shoes are by

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

Absolutely LOVE her shoes and coat in the first shot; anyone know who made them/where to find them? (-:

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Both women look fantastic. I like what he's done with himself. Nice to see guys taking chances.

 

Blogger Gratistotal said ... (7:02 AM) : 

i love his work in the davidoff spot, with josh holloway!

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (10:33 AM) : 

And what would the background music be? Ennio Moriccone (I'm sure I butchered the spelling) probably wouldn't be fitting.

Maybe some Vivaldi?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

It's the same woman in both photos, I'm fairly certain

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (12:39 PM) : 

The cuffs in these pictures are quite amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

So you provide the uniform...

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (1:28 PM) : 

They both look very very good! I love their outfit choices!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 AM) : 

the woman is his wife...beautiful couple!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

By the way, the camera seems to be a Minox...

 

Blogger mickelli said ... (3:14 AM) : 

Her shirt jacket reminds me of the "work wear chic - milano" guy's... but she offers a vintage look and, certainly, a more feminine feel.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting