This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Winter Coats with Great Design Detail

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, December 22, 2008

On the Street....Winter Coats with Great Design Detail

Comments on "On the Street....Winter Coats with Great Design Detail"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 AM) : 

uhh, yeah...

it's rick owens!

but those jeans and boots just kill the look, yuck! they might as well be uggs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

the woman in the background looks fantastic too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 AM) : 

rick owens is a genius... i would die to have one of his jackets.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

LOVE the boots!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

gorgeous jacket, great pic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

She looks beautiful! I love how every piece she's wearing moves with her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Great jacket but would prefer a longer version (three-quarter). The boots are way cheeky. I love the way the fringes flip as she walks.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (5:09 AM) : 

Lovely. And I love the american apparel leggings of the woman in the back (or is it just a super tight jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 AM) : 

fantastic design. looks like a poncho!, but it isnt.

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (6:18 AM) : 

I'm fans of the jacket for sure but I agree with anon on the jeans...somethings not working.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:19 AM) : 

This is an interesting picture!
But the other woman in the back looks great as well!!

 

Blogger Tess said ... (6:29 AM) : 

I just LOOOOVE Emmanuelle Alt! She is such an inspiration! It is amazing how she can make the black so vivid!

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (6:48 AM) : 

Are those Louboutin boots? They are pretty fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 AM) : 

i want that jacket real bad!
both women look good.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (7:20 AM) : 

she looks good, but the woman on the background looks fantastic!

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I love what the women is wearing in the background!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:22 AM) : 

I agree in that a Rick Owens jacket would be like a good pair of cowboy boots, a large investment but something for keeps. I do wonder how it zips up. In this case and subject, I happen to like the jeans and boots, slim legs balance the look, IMHO. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

The background woman looks great...I think the focus of your shot has a great look (she must be built like a goddess), and she looks confident and comfortable. I don't think it would be fair to dissect her looks as she seems to be pulling it off without any glitches. The look on her beautiful classic face says it all.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Love the Rick Owens, but not the Louboutins.

 

Blogger Gian said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Owens+Loubs+Alt=Perfection

 

Blogger C. Lee said ... (10:44 AM) : 

If I'm not mistaken, that's Géraldine Saglio in the background.

 

Blogger f2images said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I love that look. I so wish I was tall and skinny to wear it!! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

I love the ro, but it wouldn't last as a winter coat! She's starting to grow on me.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I love the movement in this shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

This may be a re-post, but I think the woman in the background is Anh Duong. Hi Anh.

Joseph

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

modern day pocahantas

 

Blogger Chris Johnson said ... (1:23 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Love the body of the coat but not the sleeves. Even on someone this thin the sleeves look very snug. It's not especially flattering, and I can imagine how anyone could wear anything with sleeves under it.

 

Blogger Shae said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Those Christian Louboutin shoes in the second pic is to DIE for!! I have a pair and can't get enough of them <3

 

Blogger Cool Meister said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I think the wonderful thing about Emmanuelle Alt is that she is always able to make dramatic articles of clothing (like zebra or leopard print)look understated-that's probably why she's a phenominal fashion director as well. She's also mastered the art of looking at ease, even when she's wearing sky-high Christian Louboutins. To me, Emmanuelle always looks like the Parisian take on the Ramones.

I'm envious of Geraldine.

 

Blogger *atelier said ... (5:27 PM) : 

god i miss living in paris, jardins tuileries?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I wanna see Batgirl in the background....

 

Blogger JC said ... (6:47 PM) : 

I love everything about both the woman in the foreground, and the woman in the background. The woman with the Rick Owens jacket somehow manages to make those boots look amazine, and not cliche. And the woman in the back, well, I think her pants are leather, and I think she looks amazing in them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

the woman in the back is what i would dress like if i wouldnt attract gawkers in the good ole midwest. so fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

The boots are great but absolutely ruin the outfit.
But she's got the shiniest hair!! I'm very jealous!

The girl in the back looks good too! She's got these dark hard outfit on but the warmest genuine smile on her face! Are these leather pants?

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (9:51 PM) : 

Love it!
Maybe because I'm in my 40's, I can't help but smile at seeing the slightly sinister Mugler/Montana influence on designers such as Owens and Junya Watanabe, etc.
(and Neil Barrett, who I like better than Owens)

As in Mugler/Montana, the coat is ripe with edgy details......and of course, the all important zipper.

 

Blogger swilek said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Can you offer any great suggestions for staying fashionable in extreme cold winter conditions? I try my best up here in Canada but sometimes practically takes over in order to stay warm!!:)

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Nice...love the black, dark brown & gray together. The coat's drape is beautiful, & the boots (I think Louboutin?) add further movement & a graceful edginess.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

OMG...I can never get bored of EMANUELLE. She is the mega queen of the P-Voguettes. Thank you Cool Meister for the definition of Emanuelle as the "Parisian take on the Ramones". I'll take that one along for the ride. She can pull of the Loubs and TAME them with her androgynous flair...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

the woman behind the main figure is by far the most striking!

 

Blogger Camille said ... (11:52 PM) : 

The woman behind her-- stunning. She gets the magic of leather, blazers, and black open toed heels.

 

Blogger (ray)mond said ... (1:57 AM) : 

the rick owen looks undeniably good on her;
she's oozing confidence

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

Simply cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 AM) : 

The woman in the background is fabulous!!! I love the strong shoulders that don't veer too far into the '80s; her whole silhouette is coooool.

Hey Sart...could you find some people who look fabulous when it's really, really cold outside and there's lots of snow to wade through? I'm tired of looking like I'm on a ski holiday when out shopping in winter...

 

Blogger James Kenny said ... (7:52 AM) : 

I think I prefer the girl at the back.

 

Blogger E said ... (9:02 AM) : 

aughhh amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

i actually looked at this photo for a good two minutes before i noticed the woman in the foreground. the woman on the right in the background completely stole the point of focus for me. she is stunning.

 

Blogger bespoke said ... (4:04 PM) : 

the jacket is gorgeous. But I am not fan of the mix. I would have wear more edgy shoes, something unexepcted.
But do understand the lady, find the perfect mix is not easy for a Rick's stuffs, unless you choose all Rick from head to toes.
Advice some Ann Demeulemester shoes or boots with this jacket and pants.
Cheers
La Brigade de la Mode
Paris

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

those shoes on the second pic is Fendi I think..not Louboutin..gosh..its to die for!!

 

Blogger MarkMercer said ... (8:11 PM) : 

Two amazing pairs of legs

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

those sleeves are super uncomfortable too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

Emmanuelle Alt is beyond fabulous! Very French! Very chic! ALL the time!

Geraldine (woman in the background) has a fabulous style as well (if I am not mistake those are Balmain second skin leather pant she'd got on).

Thanks Sart for yet another FABULOUS post!

Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Well said, Cool Meister

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

I love the uniqueness of the jacket there and I know the focus is on the lady in front..but I cannot help but notice the lady in the background- love what she is wearing as well

 

Blogger Cool Meister said ... (12:22 PM) : 

For those who feel ambivalent about this look, go to garancedore.fr and search Emmanuelle Alt. There is a photo(taken of Emmanuelle on the same day) which might give some a different appreciation of the outfit... Or you might just dislike it even more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

yeah, her look is kinda behind the times! I mean skinny jeans and ugg(ly)- looking boots? She could be from Philly! The jacket, while something different, is not very forward either. Thumbs down on the whole look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

The woman in the background should have gotten a photograph of her own! She looks amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 AM) : 

what kind of land is this where all the women are so terrible parisienne chic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

yes here's that other photo....

http://www.garancedore.fr/2008/10/29/theres-something-about/

who is this chick anyway?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

THAT woman in the back makes the image. her fendi sandals and those trausers. definately better look than the first. i agree the coat looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

It's a great coat, but how warm could it possibly be if the woman in the background is comfortable wearing open toe shoes and a light jacket on the same day?

I agree with thesartorialist, and would love to see more winter coats that have design details and actually keep you warm. Though it seems that they're hard to find on the street because they're hard to find in stores.

 

Blogger kate cait sith said ... (12:16 PM) : 

This shot is amazing! Love her pose!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

fantastic coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

I like Alt. She is so natural, wears very little, if any, makeup.
She and Carine both have a Owens jacket I'd like to own.
She was such long legs that skinny jeans seem made for her.

 

Blogger Greentea said ... (11:02 PM) : 

Ahh Rick Owens! *drool* The boots are great, but I do agree about something being off with the jeans. Maybe if they were a more structured, stiffer, darker kind? Idk, I can't quite put my finger on it. She still looks fantastic.

 

Blogger Diogo Ferreira said ... (3:11 PM) : 

just love geraldine saglio *.*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 AM) : 

those boots are not uggs its Louboutin!!

 

Blogger londondog said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I simpy adore Emanuelle - she never overdoes it. Always really understated, almost monochrome. She is playing with shades of black/grey and different textures here - it's her pins and the effortless chic attitude that make her stand out from the crowd.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Need to have that coat. So fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Maybe you should have profiled the girl to her left...

 

Blogger MoniQue said ... (11:30 AM) : 

The jacket is absolutely adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Strangely enough I prefer the girl right behind her.
Her boots makes me tremble!!!

 

Blogger Kim said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Like this blog :)))
Happy 2009!

 

Blogger Doug said ... (2:25 AM) : 

Hmmm, in my opinion, I like her, the jacket, and the boots. Though, I hate them all together. I think there's way too much going on--in a bad way.

 

Blogger Jesse said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I am sorry, but I think the pretty lady in the background is the one that is more striking.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:42 PM) : 

I love this blog so much...I find myself thinking about some of the ensembles that I've seen on here when I get dressed in the morning.

I nominated you for a 2009 weblog award. you are amazing. I freaking love this place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

I like this outfit, but not as a whole. I can appreciate the proportions-- fuller jacket, fitted bottom, and boot, but I feel like the jacket should be the focus of the outfit, not the boots; simply put I think that the boots are to trendy to be anything meaningful. She is trying to do to many trends at once, and it can come across a bit cheesy. The boots, for me at least would look better with tights, a flow dress, a cardigan, and a belt, the simplicity of the upper half would make the boots the center of the outfit. Now, the woman in the background is effortlessly stylish, without being over bearing, she is doing a trend (leather legging/pants) correctly by pairing it with a classic fitted blazer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

this jacket is absolutely amazing..
oh asymmetrical lines... how i love you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

I really adore Emanuelle alt rick owens 's jacket really look great .. I love her messy hair with gorgeous colthes it's a real fashion .... U can't learn it from a book but I think it come form herself characther.. but i don't think a girl behind her so stylish because i'm really bored with this style leather jacket with blazer maybe it's look good on her but it's something boring..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

i love everything about her outfit!!!
emmanuel alt , genius ♥

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

ugh those louboutins. ridic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

Emmanuelle Alt is my idol! Amazing.

Can I ask what camera you're shooting on?

 

Blogger Me said ... (10:18 PM) : 

I love style of Emanuelle alt is rock but fresh ....

love the Rick owens 's jacket...
but i'm boring girl behind her i alwalys see this style on the street leather jacket with blazer OMg is something boring not individual style... But it might be good on her

 

Anonymous Rosy E said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Wow! She looks awesome. The boots are really fantastic. I love boots and it suits on any outfit and in every season and in every occasion. They have unique style which looks trendy on any costume and in fashion. Nice picture. http://buydiscountcowboyboots.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

too bad we can not afford the wonderful texture and design of the originals, the copies don't
make it the same.

 

Anonymous ruya tabirleri said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Love the Rick Owens, but not the Louboutins.

 

Anonymous lab coat said ... (1:57 AM) : 

perfect outfit, the boots and the coats are beautiful, but the model also lovely, but not so lovely. I think the girl at the back are perfect for that outfit. hmmm...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting