This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Argylian, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, January 25, 2009

On the Street....Argylian, Florence

Comments on "On the Street....Argylian, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

best coat ever

 

Blogger Aline Dahl said ... (10:31 AM) : 

love his style!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (10:50 AM) : 

casual, easy, 1st rate. ...and you gotta love them all-stars!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Even the way his hair greys is stylish!

 

Blogger Chillionaire said ... (11:11 AM) : 

thats just coooool :D

 

Blogger Sanna said ... (11:11 AM) : 

:) This guy makes me smile. Great bag. The coat is a dream. The cardigan makes my heart pump. The pants and shoes are just off but that makes the whole look, right? And perhaps contributes to a big part of my smile?

White Wall High Heel

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I love his laidback style. The bag is gorgeous btw.

 

Blogger FmF said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Love the Bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I love this photo! I love the patterns and proportions and the shape of his pants. Brown bag is a little distracting, but his clothes are great.

 

Blogger Kimberley Crofts said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Can anyone identify what brand this coat is please?

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (11:46 AM) : 

He is fly. So put together and so confident.

I usually hate the drop-crotch, but he wears it with ease.

 

Blogger Vanna said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Beautiful coat.

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:00 PM) : 

It's insane that this works, but it does. It would be better still if the bag was black.

 

Blogger Dr. Debonaire said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I love his bag! And the combination of his glen plaid overcoat and argyle sweater. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Fantastic jacket. Wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

What a coat!

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (12:32 PM) : 

mmm.. is it me? or does his hair match his coat?....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

first?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

I'm actually not too fond of this look. The pants are too slouchy and I don't like the coordination between the cardigan and the coat, nor the bag...and the Converse are too clean, but that's just nitpicking. I guess it's just personal preference, but this isn't in my taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

That's a sick jacket

 

Blogger Vi said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Whoever said old men can't dress nicely, hasn't seen this man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Love the cardigan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

awesome. I love how confident and stylish he is, even at that age. :) Of course, I'm a huge fan of plaid and argyle, too... ^^ There's a certain "aging, elegant punk" aura to this guy. Excellent stuff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

The word "effortless" is often used as an accolade on this site, even when--to me--is doesn't seem especially applicable.
But this man. Wow. I haven't a clue whether he planned this outfit for hours or simply awoke in the morning and hurriedly threw on what was at hand. Perhaps it's a case of taking Chanel's advice and removing one thing before he left his home. Whatever his method, he looks nonchalantly magnificent and this photo has become my personal touchstone for "effortless dressing."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Wow, I absolutely love it.
His coat/blazer is beautiful. And the drop-crotch works well.

 

Blogger Agnes Deer said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Absolutely awesome style. And it makes him look much younger!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I love his hair. I don't know if it's naturally like that but it looks really cool with the whole outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

love it!
espeacially the layering.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

Amazing hip-hop variation of a traditional look!

 

Blogger Be said ... (2:33 PM) : 

I love the coat and the bag which is very nice. But i'm perplexed about the whole dress

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

I'm always amazed to see coats of such fancy designs considering all we get of NYU guys here in new york is black.

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (2:43 PM) : 

i NEED that bag!

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Shades of Grey - so devine.

Love the mix of textures and the play of colour throwing in the brown bag.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Damn!! He's got flavour!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

I sure like this shot, from the way you placed the subject on the light-colored pebbles and black backdrop to the interplay of tones light to dark of his ensemble. The figure exemplfies a great balance and integration of the patterns and colors of his clothes with his hair color. Even though he must have thought this out to some extent it looks comfy and natural. And I like his straight-on gaze.

 

Blogger Anisa said ... (3:01 PM) : 

It's interesting how both this man and the woman below are wearing Converse sneakers.

 

Blogger Chillionaire said ... (3:01 PM) : 

flawless cool

 

Blogger Rita said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Coat, bag, shoes, hair, all amazing!

 

Blogger Toni said ... (3:14 PM) : 

i love that coat, in its own way every pattern is cohesive

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

very cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

like the chicest literature professor imaginable, with the best hair ever

really love the hair.

 

Blogger José said ... (3:35 PM) : 

What a cool outfit - I like the mix of the casual sneakers with the classy plaid coat and leather bag.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:13 PM) : 

that is how pants should be cut...comfort, volume, and looks!

 

Blogger SparkleQueen said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Interesting mix of texture..

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Wouldn't it be funny if he were wearing lime green socks?

Great photo. Good looking man in a great outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

such a casual cool..out together yet comfortable. my favorite style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Wow. So british, so class, so sport, so all ! cgrtltions !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

The outfit is wonderful, but i loved specially the bag! and the pants too!

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (5:31 PM) : 

I absolutely love the color of that coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

amazing!!!
soooo coooooooool!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

He looks like a cool dude...love the gleam of kick ass white emanating from his shoes.

 

Blogger Missy's Got Fighting Blood said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Everybody seems to have a better bag than me!


I want this!

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (6:52 PM) : 

nice and neat but I hope he has a change of shoes in his bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Omg. This is the first time I've seen drop crotch pants on a guy actually look decent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Love the coat, trousers and bag. The shoes I could take it or leave it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Tge outfit is great! Specially the bag and tcoat! I loved the pants too!

 

Blogger xeem said ... (7:21 PM) : 

wow this is simply amazing and truly inspiring.

thanks.

 

Blogger LINnY said ... (7:25 PM) : 

His entire outfit is carried through his stance, it gives the softness of the argyle and plaids an edge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Both this and the paris image are of well dressed people. I especially enjoy the continuity of them both having on Chuck Taylor All Stars in a much less expected fashion. Yumm! Thank you for pointing that out for us. A reminder that good styling benefits from those personal touches and a smart mix of "high and low" brow pieces.

Keep it coming!

on a side note, I really like what he's got going on with his hair. a little long but kept and working the grey is very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

That's a useful looking bag! I think I've seen them at H&M? or something very similar?

 

Blogger Tiger Fodder said ... (8:26 PM) : 

I love the top. The layers are wonderful. The coat is impeccable. I love the shoes. It gives him a relaxed, casual but stylish touch. The bag is great. I don't like the pants. They are too baggy and the crotch is too low making his legs look very short.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (8:26 PM) : 

He looks too young to be gray! It's definitely his style working wonders for him.
I can dig the two-toned hair!

 

Blogger Nei said ... (8:36 PM) : 

love the coat and the color of his hair.

 

Blogger First Lady of MADE said ... (8:55 PM) : 

this photo is great on so many different levels. the texture and pattern of his outfit, to the pebbles on the ground, and finally black vinyl background. amazing style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

Old guy? Why does someone think he's "old"? The hair doesn't necessarily make him aged. He looks prime-time to me...!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

so lazy and sotificated at the same time. Seems confortable but chic at the same time.

 

Blogger Mavis Ang said ... (10:24 PM) : 

what a fine outfit!

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (10:31 PM) : 

I love this look! I am SO copying it as I feel it would work on me.

One thing, I don't think this guy is "old" at all. a lot of guys start greying in their 20's or older.

Whatever, even though I couldn't pull off the dropped crotch, I love this look! And if he had used a black bag it would have been way expected.

Perfect!

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (10:31 PM) : 

my new favorite picture.

 

Blogger Baybay Mama said ... (11:08 PM) : 

So much great stuff going on in this photo.

 

Blogger daltonmc said ... (12:48 AM) : 

Amazing. Simply amazing. I want to watch this guy shop.

 

Blogger theartbox said ... (1:33 AM) : 

I love that bag!
it is perfection

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Amazing style. really interesting !

 

Blogger Kelvin Mack10zie said ... (6:40 AM) : 

That is a rather fly coat.

 

Blogger JP said ... (6:59 AM) : 

Super fly!

Kenzo meets Brooks Brothers and Chuck T

 

Blogger Evelyn said ... (7:42 AM) : 

I am wondering if he had an idea to wear like this, or just by chance.
Anyway, it's an unique style!

 

Blogger LivingGolden said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Sorry. Coat, sweater and bag are great on their own, but the overall look is sloppy and not to be copied. The man does seem to have great confidence, but that can't save this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Great!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:26 AM) : 

yeah...i like this a lot. i love the argyle with the plaid. It works! And just his overall laid back style is great. The bag is nice too by the way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

He wins with his entire look.

 

Blogger Michael said ... (11:33 AM) : 

The coat is Vivienne Westwood A/W 06. I was coveting this one myself and have regretted not buying ever since.

 

Blogger Peyda's Closet said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Too cool for Skool....

He's such an old school man... the hand's in the pocket, legs wide apart, penetrating gaze, very handsome man with efforless style...

Lubu

 

Blogger Kimberley Crofts said ... (1:06 PM) : 

thanks Michael.... I regret not buying a lot of Ms Westwood's clothes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

me gusta!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

I love that coat, not so much the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

The hair gets my attention before anything else. I'm planning to go grey in the next few years (I prefer to think of it as silver - as I become more valuable!) So I have become tuned in to the way people's silvering hair becomes part of their signature look.

I love to see people looking comfortable in their own skin and un-dyed silver tresses. This guy looks brilliantly comfortable.

 

Blogger August Clothing said ... (8:06 PM) : 

Great bag! Love the patterns together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I'm completely in disagreement with just about everybody. All this fellow needs is a kitchen sink in his free hand to complete the ensemble. TTH. The pants are ridiculous, giving him a visual leg length that makes a dachshund look a daddy long legs. I love plaid, but that jacket? Well, let's just say my grandma's couch wants its fabric back.

 

Blogger Celia said ... (10:27 PM) : 

Is it just me? Or is the argyle pattern not matching up on his sweater?

Love this look, especially the bag and coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

Sublime! Western dress with a touch of Japanese aesthetics. The best of two worlds.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

you've got to love that style... nice jacket also!

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (7:36 AM) : 

I love how he mixes pattern (the argyle and plaid) and texture (the slouchy pants and slouchy tote) to where its very workable and not standoffish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

love this picture... old styla... :-)

 

Blogger Bombchell said ... (1:15 PM) : 

LOVE the hair!!! the colours!

the shirt, the pants & the shoes!

 

Blogger Tamsen said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Not going to lie, I don't really like this outfit. But I do appreciate his boldness in mixing so many patterns.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Silver hair is a gift of time. I am completely biased, as my husband is Asian, but no hair color goes gray more beautifully than black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 PM) : 

who is this guy? he looks familiar...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 AM) : 

I do like his ensemble though the trousers look like they might be a bit hard to move around in. I must say that the impression I get is that the style is definitely his- he owns it.

 

Blogger joe t said ... (12:23 PM) : 

so cool and laid back,, but still very polished and pulled together,,,, love the bag!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger WinstonC said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Zara had a coat like this - not quite that greeny colour but the same cut and pattern.

 

Blogger hakka3 said ... (5:58 PM) : 

I'm surprised at the amount of blowback he's getting for the Cons: at this point, Chuck Taylors seem to me as much a traditional element of menswear as argyles and glen plaid. The creamy color is a nice complement to the greys and whites, too.

 

Blogger Anya said ... (6:57 AM) : 

What a combination...different and daring, he is!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

this coat looks just amazing !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

perfetto.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

THIS is the essence of "theSartorialist," imho!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

Not a fan of the "hammer pants," but LOVE the coat!

 

Blogger iida said ... (6:31 AM) : 

I love the trousers and the Chucks!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting