This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Socks - The Finishing Touch, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, January 16, 2009

On the Street....Socks - The Finishing Touch, Florence

Comments on "On the Street....Socks - The Finishing Touch, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM) : 

YES! Where can I find such socks?

 

Blogger Blicious said ... (5:36 PM) : 

love the socks!

 

Blogger ryder said ... (5:39 PM) : 

love this attention to detail.

 

Blogger St. Mário said ... (5:46 PM) : 

i love it!

 

Blogger HappyLegs said ... (5:53 PM) : 

interesting...because i would never feel good about having even that smallest bit of RED on me whilst wearing BURGUNDY.

ah, but we all see and FEEL colors differently, no??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Big striped sweat socks? Well, I guess stripes are preferable to smiley faces...or anklets of any kind.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Only one photo? I was expecting another series. I love socks and they can add so much interest, style and fun to a look. Definitely a finishing touch. More socks!; before it's spring and everything is bare ankles again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

I wish the men here, in Montreal, would pay more attention to that part of their attire. This looks so lovely !!!

 

Blogger N said ... (6:30 PM) : 

freedom socks in red, white and blue. awesome! i like the length and cut of the pants too.

 

Blogger Café Mode said ... (6:38 PM) : 

What a decisive moment! I'm impressed, as usual. Thanks Scott. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

i like the short pants a lot. The hand (and the jacket) suggest it might be a woman. is it? Then I like the pants even more!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:52 PM) : 

A very good eye.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (7:09 PM) : 

I never thought of socks as being one of the hightlights of an outfit. Interesting...I love to colours! It really adds a little something to the entire look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Euuww.... I'm with Bite the Weenie here - it's the burgundy that's killing me...

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (7:45 PM) : 

great...i'd be so happy if someone noticed my socks!

 

Blogger Stefan said ... (7:49 PM) : 

I am a firm believer in wearing a sock that adds some punch to your outfit. Only the really observant will know, and you can always be wryly fashionably smiling on the inside.

I also think that wearing some wild underwear spices up that inner fashionista/o. :P

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (7:57 PM) : 

I own a pair of red ones I usually wear with dark suits... Today I wear a pair of yellow ones with a light brow suit to the court house. I like the impression it gives.

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (8:11 PM) : 

That's detail for ya!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Can you capture something that is a little out of your element. I want to see someone is head to toe Rick Owens, Thom Browne(with out looking like a victim), Walter Van Bierdendock etc. I think you catch my drift. I'm of seeing the current(always boring issue of GQ).

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (9:17 PM) : 

I know some people are having trouble with high waters at the moment but I really like them AND you get to show off your sock moxie.

I have found really great socks here.

http://www.customshirt1.com/PantherellaPix01.htm?referrer=Google&gclid=CK-62eKUnZcCFQVfFQodQzM--g

 

Blogger Sammy V said ... (10:15 PM) : 

You have quite the eye...to notice such detail.

 

Blogger diane said ... (11:35 PM) : 

The right sock can actually make or break an outfit; and this time of year they should always be made of a very high quality wool, to keep you warm when you are stepping out. My favorites are made by Laura Ashley.

 

Blogger Vera said ... (12:17 AM) : 

Thom Browne sure did a great job redefining the pant length

 

Blogger MEADE DESIGN GROUP said ... (12:32 AM) : 

I love the movement in the photo and well the content with the red sock is fierce.

 

Blogger Ichiki said ... (3:15 AM) : 

also, the inner jacket is great color,
I guess.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 AM) : 

Colored socks can add such an interesting detail to your outfit. While being in London last year I saw so many people in suits wearing loud socks and it looked fantastic. I bought 10 pairs of Effio socks (a quality brand from The Netherlands), their are almost as good as Paul Smith's but much cheaper. I love em and I get lots of compliments for them. Especially women seem to love interesting socks on men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 AM) : 

Cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

i actually think this sock could ruin the outfit.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (8:31 AM) : 

It's all in the detail !
I like Paul Smith's socks for men !
I think they reflects the designers fab personality...

But these look great too !

 

Blogger CoolBabyKid said ... (8:54 AM) : 

To think I haven't discovered and been reading your blog until today!

 

Blogger JP said ... (9:42 AM) : 

there is nothing like a pair of cashmere socks in cool colors or stripes- especially this week!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

to Kodak:

May I suggest to start your own blog....?

Also, it in your hands (or brain) not to touch any GQ...

To Sart:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

I like the immaculate shiny black shoes with the surprise stripes and the rolled up tidy pants. I questions the two back pleats of the dark red jacket. The navy or black down jacket looks cool, because it is so warm.

 

Blogger Dutchbaby said ... (12:21 PM) : 

You notice it all, don't you?

Are those sewn cuffs or did he roll up the trousers in order to peek-a-boo his socks?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I like these socks. And this is your most interesting photo of 2009 so far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Sart, it's the second time in a few days you shoot an italian with a shorter coat over his formal jacket. you really think that's the way to go?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Oh Mr. Schuman, you've got me on my knees for this one: Perfection.

What the gentleman's wearing is fantastic of course, but it's your instinct to crop this portrait right at the elbow that creates the impact: strong graphic lines, intimate, urgent and even voeyueristic.

PLO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

You are an real great photographer,
anyway, I buy all my socks in organic material now from Berthas Eko, www.berthaseko.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

I agree with Sammit and MEADE DESING GROUP - it's not simple to capture something like this. Great, I say!

Josi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Paul Smith have lovely stripe socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

no way is an italian! this guy is a french or german tourist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

indeed, the socks are the last touch

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

A cheeky sock is always a winner, but stray onto comical and you've over stepped the mark (excuse pun and all that).

See New & Lingwood for a good selection. This is also a chance for the Welsh to smile; Corgi are great something Charlie Windsor is in agreement with.

Which ever way you do it skin is a horror. Unless you're sockless in which case hosiery (aka those nasty little clearly visible/invisible efforts)are absolute shockers.

 

Blogger Berkelycole said ... (6:37 PM) : 

on spot

 

Blogger Daniel Oh said ... (7:26 PM) : 

BADASS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

Beautiful socks =) And the jacket also.

Fran Rosa

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (7:57 PM) : 

Longer trousers...

 

Blogger RaulGuerrero said ... (11:42 PM) : 

thom browne???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

in moving it's great!!!

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (4:00 AM) : 

those socks don't match to me, they are to sporty

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:51 AM) : 

I love your blog....


this is a big influence of trends


bye


xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 AM) : 

very cool! if I know a men with this "touch" never don't let away! :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

I'd never have courage to use these socks with these almost-short pants.
But I must admit that is very fashionable.
I'll try to use my funny socks not to be at home and eat pop corn. lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

This was definitely a great shoot!
Stuff like socks are little details that show our personality a bit more...this guy isn't so serious after all!

 

Blogger Kay said ... (8:58 AM) : 

I completely agree! This image would be a little boring without them.
No one seems to pay attention to little details like that anymore... I like this (:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I admit I do not like these socks at all. Red, white and blue in large, blocky stripes connotes summertime conservatism to me. I don't feel like these socks diverge from that enough to 'reclaim' the aesthetic. Obviously, though, I'm in the minority with this opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

No, no, no! I can't agree... they remind me of schoolboy ankles circa 1990. Not in a good way!
And I say this as a long time connoisseur of stripy socks!

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (11:37 AM) : 

The socks remind me of something from Thom Browne. You can get socks like that at an old menswear store like J.Press or the Andover Shoppe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

You always pay attention to the details. I love that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

Be careful with coloured socks. There is a thin line. However I have noticed that you cant go wrong with the colourful Paul Smith socks and brown (Santoni) shoes. Never with black shoes though. I have had many compliments from men, but far more from women. I am not too sure about the combination in the picture.

/G, Haarlem, NL

 

Blogger Joy said ... (3:58 AM) : 

These just-a-little-too-short pants are growing on me...:] They bring back socks! Who doesn't love socks? I have a friend who wears really simple outfits (think AmericanApparel) but his socks are always funky :]

 

Blogger joe t said ... (10:43 AM) : 

love,, love, love the socks!!!

 

Blogger Tiger Fodder said ... (12:55 PM) : 

I need to go sock shopping!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

is the outer jacket moncler?

if so could anyone tell me the model name of this - cant seem to find it. it has a big moncler logo halfway down the arm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I like that photo because I dont know what he is doing with his left arm he is not calling a taxi I guess. There is a movement unknown as the fact that someone behind him is taking a picture. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

I love the socks, they are subtle, but spectacular. I love the stripe to give the outfit flair

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:28 PM) : 

Gallo are the best socks

 

Anonymous Joost said ... (9:14 AM) : 

life is about details. See Effio

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting