This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Chinatown, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, February 19, 2009

On the Street......Chinatown, NYC

Comments on "On the Street......Chinatown, NYC"

 

Blogger Camilla said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Lovely, her shoes are beautiful!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the delicate floral silk chiffon peeking out from that incredible coat...The backdrop is also amazing for this picture!
xx

 

Blogger Reach The Sky. said ... (5:58 PM) : 

The belt (Vintage I guess) looks so cool on the coat !!! but ... what do you do with the belt when you go into a place you HAVE to take off your coat ? Anyway too much questions ! Love it !

http://theblacknightingales.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I'd like every single article of clothing she's wearing in my closet, please. lol

 

Blogger David said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Great walk.

 

Blogger anonwomen said ... (6:09 PM) : 

I love the colour of her tights very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

ooo lala! LOVE that coat!!! such a carefree look, but very put 2gether...

 

Blogger ashley said ... (6:16 PM) : 

gorgeous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

O.K., I get it...you're trying to "stick it to me" with all this real fur! I guess maybe the pendulum has indeed swung the other way, at least for now...but I still think it's gross!
Great outfit, BTW. Hopefully, the coat is actually vintage.

 

Blogger greenjeans said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I love when women wear shoes like those...

 

Blogger maggie_hogan said ... (6:22 PM) : 

hey, garance dore shot this same girl//same outfit a the other day!!

i suppose great minds think alike?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Very cool. I love the fur. It looks very delicate, which looks great wiht the floral dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

Well, I've just fallen in love. Fantastic use of browns.

 

Blogger Metro Profile said ... (6:33 PM) : 

From the belt down, I like - but the real fur just kills it for me.

 

Blogger phoenix said ... (6:38 PM) : 

LOVE love love the look and wish I could pull it off myself! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Love seeing the monochomatic look in browns with a hint of print. Strong and feminine all at once. Perfect!

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Wow her coat is amazing. The fur is great! I am assuming it's real? I love that she is in mid step as opposed to standing still, it's very graceful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

I love how the dark collar draws attention to her pale face. She is gorgeous. Is that a hat she's holding in her hand?

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (7:04 PM) : 

She looks great! Very well put together... makes me wanna go shopping now! God does my closet need a makeover!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Nice. I love how her ensemble is somewhat sophisticated but not too serious, and then her face is completely natural with very little makeup...such a natural beauty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Beautiful! i love the way you've caught her elegant walk - those shoes look great on her, they really show off her slim ankles. (if that doesn't sound too old-fashioned!)

 

Blogger Kasey said ... (7:57 PM) : 

beautiful.
*sigh*

 

Blogger Lori said ... (8:02 PM) : 

gorgeous coat

 

Blogger Nikki - - Monomestile - - said ... (8:12 PM) : 

When I first looked at the picture I thought she was maybe forty. On first glance.
On second glance I realised she was very young (and beautiful)! I love the outfit, it seems a bit old for her, but I love it all the same.
The layers of different and complimenting fabrics are so sophisticated and look luxurious.

 

Blogger Qaisy Jaslenda said ... (8:15 PM) : 

wow.. I love her!

 

Blogger Nicole Then said ... (8:40 PM) : 

love those in between walks shots! very natural :)

 

Blogger Gillian said ... (8:41 PM) : 

i kinda get depressed when i see all these really cool people with all these really cool clothes, but then i think to myself "if i was disgustingly rich, i would have amazing clothes too"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Nice to see a such cool and entertaining blog about fashion.I am sure you have got a good knowledge about latest fashion trends.

best wishes
Horozima

 

Blogger bittaNsingle said ... (8:52 PM) : 

wow - that's really gorgeous - but is the fur removable? if so, it'd be more versatile

 

Blogger ABBY said ... (8:57 PM) : 

i'm going to dream tonight about me wearing this. and it's going to be divine.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:59 PM) : 

Simply lovely. I don't want to pick on elements that I like. I like it all together. Altogether.

 

Blogger missyoo said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Coooooooool!!!
I love that style and that girl is so lovely♥

 

Blogger Mona said ... (9:26 PM) : 

I'm so in love with your pictures from fashion week. Both on here and style.com! You're amaaaazing.

 

Blogger VirginiaWestfield said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Just when I thought all you needed to be noticed by the Sartorialist was a cool scarf we get someone this lovely. Homegirls style is where it's at!

 

Blogger z said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

yes she appears to have a beautiful gait

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

saw this lovely girl on garance dore!

 

Blogger Jules said ... (9:55 PM) : 

Oh my...!!!
Look at that pic..
She's so fabulous...I like her coat and look at that bag,it's so nice...
Great post,hope to see you on my blog too..=D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

cute cute cutecutecute!

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:05 PM) : 

Stunning.

Belted coats look SO good

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 PM) : 

You sure that's Chinatown? Looks more like Midtown.

She's beautiful.

 

Blogger becky said ... (10:16 PM) : 

love love love _ especially the bright white trim on the neck for contrast. fur is such a distracting turn off. appears vintage, at least.

 

Blogger B. said ... (10:18 PM) : 

That's not in Chinatown, that's on Broadway. Chinatown is too dangerous for such an elegant woman.

 

Blogger C. Lynn said ... (11:11 PM) : 

this girl has got it right!..i'm in love! stylefidelity.com

 

Blogger Yoli said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Oh that is lovely. She looks so beautiful.

 

Blogger Marla said ... (11:29 PM) : 

My first thought when looking at this photo was, wow!!! She has a beautiful face, first of all, and her coat is fabulous. I'm actually usually not a big fan of fur (here in Chicago people don't usually wear it well) but it looks absolutely fabulous on her. Well done!

 

Blogger sisty said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Let's face it -- fake fur always looks cheesy. Either wear real fur, or don't wear fur at all. From what I understand, our European sisters, especially those from Russia and the northern countries, wear fur out of what they truly believe to be necessity. I'm not taking a position either way, but I do think that fake fur almost always looks lousy.

As for this girl, she deserves the corona, the halo, that surrounds her. She's impeccable. And I've never seen a collection of basic browns work so well on anyone. Maybe it's her dark hair that brings it all together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

Another great photo! Any chance you'll come to California and take pictures of us UC Irvine students?

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I am not a big fan of belting coats this way, but she pulls it off beautifully. Nice photo, Scott. xo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Angelic. She was born with inherent style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

She's delightful, and her clothing is delightful - they work together splendidly.

She has quite a face, pretty, sure, but observant, amused, wry - whatever, full of character. Then this outfit that just dances.. the coat swings, the purse swings, the hat in hand could be raised at any moment.

Excellent form with the strong shoulders, swinging skirt, tightly belted waist, lilting step... while she's looking you in the eye through your camera.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

oh i just noticed the rolled sleeves. perfect. i may have to steal that little trick

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (12:58 AM) : 

love. it. the collar on that coat is really cool too. what a beautiful combination of textures. this is the kind of color mixing I like, where the saturation is similar.

~stylethread.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 AM) : 

She's beautiful and so is her clothes!

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (2:21 AM) : 

pretty girl, pretty dress, pretty picture :)

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (2:52 AM) : 

I LOVE THE FUR COLLAR! what amazing style she has

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:56 AM) : 

Such a nice post huh?!
I love the jacket and all her stuff..=D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 AM) : 

This looks like SOHO. o_O Not chinatown. haha

I LOVE the coat!

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (4:01 AM) : 

Lovely- I like the belt and the natural look. These colors are great

 

Blogger K. said ... (4:53 AM) : 

Wow, what a stunner!
Yet, I'm not sure about tha bag... Seems a bit out of place to me. Something with a top-handle, or a brass colored chain would have looked better I think!

Still - she looks fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 AM) : 

so delicate.. lovely !!

Max_Roma

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 AM) : 

Can I just say 'boo' to all the fur on this site? Fur is never a good look, it's revolting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

I would love to walk that walk in that clothes and listen to the peoples talk about my walk!

Absolutely love this picture! Thank you Sart

 

Blogger PHOTOJOURNALISME TPE said ... (5:36 AM) : 

Were you with Garance when u took this photo???
=)
The same for Francesco...

 

Blogger Kay said ... (5:54 AM) : 

I love the mix of themes here, like the fur with the floral dress. Beautiful outfit, great shot.

 

Blogger MONI said ... (5:58 AM) : 

This is such a beautiful picture, the light and the shadow in it are just amazing. Makes everything so detailed and more vintage!!

http://moneasywardrobe.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 AM) : 

Hands down the best fashion week look this year.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:18 AM) : 

You should've asked her to wear that hat. :)

Is it really that sunny over there in NYC? I miss chinatown...haven't been there for almost 10 years!

 

Blogger Bertha said ... (6:32 AM) : 

These people in New York really look like they snatched their outfit off a runway.

sexwithbertha.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Love the shoes and the bag. Delicate.

 

Blogger Shadjihar said ... (8:13 AM) : 

The shoes!!! and she got this pretty,innocent face.

 

Blogger Julicious Fashionicious said ... (8:31 AM) : 

MMM.The coat is hot thing.

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (9:46 AM) : 

i love the way she uses the belt!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (10:01 AM) : 

This is one of those looks that is almost indescribably beautiful. So classic and demure. The woman fits her look beautifully.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Absolutely gorgeous and with a very elegant walk!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

this is a wonderfup put together look. I too, would like everything she is wearing in my closet.
The fur collar is so unusual in shape, a coat I wish I had.

 

Blogger Rock'n Roll Ballerina said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Love the outfit! Great photo.

 

Blogger Mo said ... (11:41 AM) : 

What a beautiful young lady with perfect look, head to toe. I like her choice of everything, and she could totally walk a runway show, no touch-up needed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

thoughtful and simply lovelyl

 

Blogger BlahDiBlahBlah said ... (12:19 PM) : 

She's amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Smart, feminine look. I'd sex it up a bit somehow...tossling the hair, shortening the skirt, wearing sheer tights?

I prefer the pictures in the old format so that when you click on them you're allowed a closer view. I'm curious about the white at the neckline, what she's carrying in her hand. Could that be a hat? That would sex up the look a bit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

woooooow, she's gorgeous!! so many times, especially in NYC, i see women, and men for that matter, who look like they are trying much too hard to be stylish and look pretty. but this woman looks so natural...i actually believe her!!! simply stunning. and i want her coat :)

 

Blogger Rocky said ... (1:38 PM) : 

I've just been inspired :)

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (3:06 PM) : 

she's pretty, love the outfit

 

Blogger blanche neige said ... (4:10 PM) : 

she looks lovely with her coat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Hey I think she's my English Professor! She's just so fab! Mr. Satorialist is her initials L.R.?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

details, details, details!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

that's broadway and spring...soho

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (6:20 PM) : 

the overall subtle brown-ness of this look is marred by the S+M-silver-chains-bag. still, she's pretty enough that we will forgive her.

 

Blogger Cathy Phillips said ... (6:22 PM) : 

I adore every aspect of this outfit: the fur collar, the floral dress, the perfection of the colored tights and booties! I love!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

Where oh where can I get those shoes???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

shes gorgeous... i hate fur, but damn is she gorgeous! i love love love love the leggings and the shoes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Clothes aside, this girl is beautiful.

 

Blogger Justine said ... (9:06 PM) : 

It really is beautiful. But it is such a shame that it's real fur. Really gross.

 

Blogger Keli said ... (10:53 PM) : 

perfect length for the dress to slightly be peaking out under the coat. the tights are a gorgeous color to make the outfit pop, and the shoes are perfect with this. bravo!

 

Blogger L. said ... (1:32 AM) : 

very cute coat!great bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 AM) : 

Very classic and chic. I really love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

well exposed in a difficult lighting environment

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 AM) : 

the coat and the shoes!i want them both...really stunning...just don't like the bag with her outfit.too chunky.i saw similiar shoes at zara...

 

Blogger Shaynuh said ... (7:16 AM) : 

This outfit is so sophisticated! I adore the trench with the fur lapels. Fur is such a good conductor when it comes to battling cold air. I love how she has a belt around her hips (wish it was a little darker) to show some emphais. Love her color choice of leggings and her booties! Cute! :3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

STUNNER! --Body and clothes.

 

Blogger JRH said ... (11:19 AM) : 

She's so dainty and delicate herself, which is why I love the touch of subtle strength/masculinity the outfit introduces. The robust fur nicely counteracts the flowing floral dress beneath the coat.

The peep-toe shoes are amazing.

...yes, yes, yes!

 

Blogger Lia Martins said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Perfect.
Lovely face, lovely sillhouette.
Love it.

 

Blogger nan said ... (2:00 PM) : 

That's my grandaughter and she is as pretty on the inside as what you see!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

That's my grandaughter... and she is as beautiful on the inside as what you see!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

she's managed to look both glamorous and natural at the same time- quite a feat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

magical - i could positively drool.

 

Blogger Sentada Na Lua said ... (3:26 PM) : 

She looks great...

Her shoes are beautiful.

Kiss**

 

Blogger Virginia M Byers said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Twice in one week!
http://www.garancedore.fr/en/2009/02/16/happy-fashion-week/
Garance Dore found her too!!
I love the jacket.

damn my photographic memory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 PM) : 

This is a bad chick, and I mean that in a good way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 AM) : 

I. Love. This! So elegant!

 

Blogger Clinton said ... (2:46 AM) : 

Enjoy the idea here - im a guy, but it looks great, cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 AM) : 

She seems to be from another time. It's as if she were transported from 1940 and decided to just go with it.

Usually, I think "when a woman is under 40, the fur wears her", but not in her case. She seems very self assured. I love her balance of strength and femininity.

 

Blogger Cranberryn said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Very nice!!!! Her face is not lost among clothes!!!! Very wearable outfit. She has lot of taste

 

Blogger Ehren said ... (1:24 PM) : 

style to the last drop

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I don't know where to begin! I have come back to this photo several times over the past few days just in awe . . . I think what I love most is the way you've captured her movement -- of course the clothes are gorgeous and so is she, but the composition & sense of body-in-motion in sunlight = magical. Bravo.

 

Blogger M said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Hmm.. could this be Roman Polanski's "Chinatown" being channeled here? I have to agree with the other commenters that her bag is a bit lacking, but I'm more than willing to forgive the transgression given the immaculate styling of everything else- the proportions, the balance of color and texture, and the quiet grace of it all put together. LOVE!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Can someone tell me what type of bag that is? It looks a bit like Lanvin?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

Oh! Where oh where are these lovely shoes from?? I've been looking for some for ages...

 

Blogger Liza B. Gonzalez said ... (8:13 AM) : 

monochromatic manhantanite. absolutely flawless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Love it!

 

Blogger classy lady said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Love the whole outfit! the coat is great and I love it with the belt and the shoes are stunning!

 

Blogger Luis Silva Reis said ... (4:44 PM) : 

She's so beautiful I really can't see beyond her eyes. I'm drowning...

 

Blogger Hilary said ... (12:56 AM) : 

She's gorgeous, but I'm going to hope against hopes that, despite what everyone is saying, it's fake fur...

 

Blogger M said ... (2:48 AM) : 

How amazing, how lovely at the end...how charming she is!

I feel so envious....wish I could have that coat....



:*
fashion abuse

ps. AS always, YOU ARE Awesome :)

 

Blogger Anna Lloyd said ... (3:52 AM) : 

perfection

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Great look, head to toe.

 

Blogger caroline said ... (3:12 PM) : 

She is simply lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Marvelous things & tres elegante

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

i think i went to college with her. she ate french fries and had knobby ballerina knees.

 

Blogger zohara said ... (9:55 PM) : 

one of the most gorgeous coats i've seen in a long time, why don't retailers/designers make coats like that instead of 3 armed jackets?

 

Anonymous Rhiannon Jobe said ... (1:19 AM) : 

well done, here's a gold star sticker.

 

Anonymous Liz said ... (12:55 AM) : 

Wow, its love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

she is gorgeous/adorable/has it all. IT all works great.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting