This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Plaids & Dots, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On the Street......Plaids & Dots, London


Comments on "On the Street......Plaids & Dots, London"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

I think I love it! I need to be braver about mixing patterns -- the dots and the plaid together are terrific.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

the polka dot cardigan and the gold buttons, love the detail!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

golden buttons,the thing that refreshes,and gives a coat a brand new ql look.

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (9:21 AM) : 

plaid and polka dots make a really interesting combination. I would be curious to see it without the white trim.

~stylethread.com

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Wow! Everything your mother told you not to match, and yet it works! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Jeroen Visser said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Love the eye for detail !

 

Blogger Mo said ... (9:45 AM) : 

`very creative mix, i like the length of the sleeve

 

Blogger Rebecca Leão said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I loved the contrast between the yellow and the deep blue! Nice shot!

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:14 AM) : 

oooh... I love the pattern combo. Nice simple boot too.

 

Blogger lifesabatch said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Love the clash of the patterns/textures. Beautiful girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

where is this coat from?

 

Blogger Barbro Andersen said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Interesting =)

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:41 AM) : 

oh j'adore! so elegant yeet quirky. just incredible style.

*bisous*

 

Blogger Mai said ... (11:03 AM) : 

a curious pattern combination, love her coat!
x

 

Blogger Sara said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Lovely! Everything. And her bag maches the flowers in th background. Yellow is making a comeback.

 

Blogger Sartorial Vancouver said ... (11:13 AM) : 

The juxtaposition of her short-sleeved coat and long-sleeved knit make the patterns and colors in her ensemble all the more evocative.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I love it !!! Again, just shows that if you mix prints within the same color family, it can work in real life application. This is something that I could pull off in my little town of population 3,000 and not have the sherriff come visit me for "chat " over coffee to make sure I feel o.k. : )

Definitely inspirational over aspirational.

 

Blogger MONI said ... (12:03 PM) : 

she looks so comfortable in that risky mix!!
http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I absolutely love this!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Love it! I do it quite a lot - thanks to Comme de Garçons - and it always looks great!
X

 

Blogger amybot 2.0 said ... (12:58 PM) : 

It's a little busy for my taste, but the coat is fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I have this coat, its from MANGO!
She must of changed the buttons.
Cool yet elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

That's what I call great buttons! Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Thank you for this (sleeve/patterns/cute gold buttons) amazing-ness!! I so love it!!

 

Blogger Haute World said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Her 2 bags distract a little from the outfit, but I'm loving the gold buttons and the clash of patterns.

 

Blogger greenjeans said ... (1:37 PM) : 

This is why I'm jealous of people who live in NYC. This is the kind of girl that you see, never get her name, but think about for a long time...

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (1:46 PM) : 

I love the mix of plaids, polka dots and stripes all in one !
The combo of designs and fabrics always gives an interesting result !

 

Blogger Good Girls Studio said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Great mix of patterns. Love the three quarter length jacket!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Love the layering of textures/shapes/patterns!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

2nd pic tells a great story up close and it's great stuff for style inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

She is cool...but I am done with the three quarter sleeves. Her take on patterns is interesting but not at all sexy. Yawn.

 

Blogger NVA said ... (5:05 PM) : 

creative combination....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

i love this! i think its the cutest when patterns are mixed. check out my blog!! xoxo - jess

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Her name is Nobuko geenjeans!
She worked in Dazed & Confused magazine when I was interning. I think she is a freelance stylist now.
Lovely lady inside out!

 

Blogger myslak said ... (5:56 PM) : 

what a concept - deeply intellectual in my opinion - great deal of inspirations come from this picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I love the combination of patterns, colours and the sense of warmth.

Incognito.

 

Blogger Maria said ... (7:59 PM) : 

The Haute-Shopper said...

Her 2 bags distract a little from the outfit, but I'm loving the gold buttons and the clash of patterns.

i agree! i see people like that on the street all the time, like, "oh that would make a great shot, except for the bag(s)".

 

Blogger Magpie said ... (8:44 PM) : 

What a wonderful combination of patterns! I'm going to appropriate this immediately. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

fantastic. anonymous to poor bottom half drawing ones eye to the superb patterns on the jacket/sweater and those lovely unembellished hands

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Thanx for the button shot! You are the man, Sartorialist!

Maybe I'll send you a picture of buttons one day ... pretty glass ones from the turn of the last century.

 

Blogger Deka said ... (9:48 PM) : 

jcrew has been doing this for years!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

that is pure British girl style. others have often imitated but never quite sell it. Bgirls have it honest by way of charity shops and a little bit of who gives a fk!

 

Blogger Christian Rooney said ... (2:17 AM) : 

i like the texture of the coat and the size of the buttons

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Such perfection in styling. Thanks for the closeup-very inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I LOVE THIS.

An adorable approach to styling. So cute

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (1:37 PM) : 

This isn't working for me. There's too much going on, but it still feels very safe/controlled. I dont know.
I do like the yellow bag though :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

No. Not working for me either! too messy. I prefer the navy/white dots and houndstooth pattern girl from the other week. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

I've seen a lot of 3/4 length sleeves this winter. I love the mix of patterns.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I would really like to see most of the peoples you pictured homes......<3

 

Blogger Ania Wawrzkowicz said ... (4:11 PM) : 

I love the close up shot, combination of various patterns, textures and fabrics plus the gold huge buttons ( great idea and well done for the effort of changing them!)
Love the the polka dots!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I love the big golden buttons. :)

 

Blogger Kwana said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I love this mix.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (5:50 AM) : 

i like that matching yellow color)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

I looked at this many times before I really appreciated it.
It's all about the coat.
The navy (repeated in the polka dot background) is there, the black (repeated in the layer under the polka dots, sticking out over her hands), the tan of the boots is there (which at first I'd thought was a little random, but then I saw it).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I think different patterns and materials work well as long as they are from the same color family or palette. She is graceful, confident, comfortable and ready to go whereever she is headed. Nice shot, by the way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Looking great as always!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

NICE CROP

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting