This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Waiting for Summer, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On the Street......Waiting for Summer, Paris


I was reviewing my archives yesterday to look for ideas on what I wanted to wear this Spring/Summer. I found this shot of my friend Garth wearing a brown cotton windbreaker, I love the shot and realized I hadn't posted it last Summer (so here it is!).

I love the shape of the jacket, but even more I love the idea of wearing brown this Summer. That shade of brown against tanned skin, and layered with sun-faded shades of pink or purple or even orange could be very cool. I love when I can use my own photos in such a practical way.

Comments on "On the Street......Waiting for Summer, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

effortless and beautiful

 

Blogger Mr Brown said ... (10:09 AM) : 

It's the brown, cornflower blue and reddy tanned skin that does it for me.

 

Blogger Christine--RHP said ... (10:13 AM) : 

YES!!

 

Blogger Rosalia Lerner said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Garth is so well in brown but what a smille!!

 

Blogger i_b_erin said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I love brown year round, I have even started wearing it with white, and looks so fresh together!

 

Blogger Jane said ... (10:26 AM) : 

He looks so cute.

 

Blogger justbecausefashion said ... (10:26 AM) : 

i am not sure about his style...
XXX

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (10:34 AM) : 

his scarf does it for moi.

*bisous*

 

Blogger Philippe said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Brown/Grey, Brown/Blue, Brown/White so nice and authentic colors...I like it

Philippe
www.punkgeisha.com

 

Blogger ana said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Super outfit!!!
Great idea for the summer!!
I will love to see my husband with a windbreaker like this one

 

Blogger caroussel said ... (10:40 AM) : 

I wish I had such a store of fashion conscious people to flick through when I was feeling uninspired.

It's like you have your own personal magazine.

Browns are delicious in summer.

ridingthecarrousel.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

What's the make of the windbreaker?

 

Anonymous Ayla said ... (10:42 AM) : 

I mostly like the sunglasses, they are great! but maybe the best things is his smile, makes me smile to.

 

Blogger AZM said ... (10:42 AM) : 

I like the jacket too, the shape is "comfotably sexy".
I'm not s 'brown', don't think it suits me much, but mixing it with pink, orange, purple, or blue (like in the photo) would look great.

 

Blogger Celia said ... (10:55 AM) : 

adorable!

 

Anonymous anna said ... (10:55 AM) : 

i just have one word, impeccable style. love the shades.

 

Blogger Jennifer G. Horn said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Yes, I second on this hunch! ...Particularly since I just unpacked summer clothes and realized I have three brown sundresses, all of which I adore!

 

Blogger JULES said ... (10:58 AM) : 

great idea! I love this!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:00 AM) : 

The word Fresh comes to mind.

I love this look and you're right Sart... this lovely jacket paired with a muted (or faded) color is beautiful.

I dig his shades too.

 

Anonymous suzanne nelson said ... (11:02 AM) : 

i like the windbreaker, especially with the watch, it gives it a smarter, 'city' feel. i love men in pink, pale purple or lavender (Hamish Bowles in a lavender jacket you posted last year i think??)and you're right, those colours look great with a tan. Garth doesn't need to worry about a tan, he has a wonderful smile instead!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

It doesn't hurt that Garth is pretty easy on the eye either!

 

Anonymous betsy and iya said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I think the minimalist scarf is a great addition too. it's a neutral pop...the color is subtle and the earth tones stand out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

an ostrich ready to take flight.. ravishing!


xoxo Brigitte & Serge

 

Blogger Emily said ... (11:50 AM) : 

this photo is so cute.. he looks so happy! I'm with you on the brown for spring.. great options for pairing it with colors.

http://erosandthewhale.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Berry said ... (11:59 AM) : 

I miss New York looks

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (12:22 PM) : 

i can say that ive used your photos to inspire my personal design style. thank you.

this is what i've learned:
layers are good
t-shirts work w/great jeans
an old shoe is not a bad shoe as long as it has history
confidence is key!

 

Blogger Yana said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Yes, brown is a great color - has a very (teddy-)bear cozy & trustworthy feeling to it :)

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (12:45 PM) : 

You're not the only one who uses your photos in a practical way... not at all!! Of course =)

 

Anonymous Esmoquin room said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I love the idea of the pink, purple and orange. ;-)

Nice shoot.

Best!
Jose

 

Anonymous Dave said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Love the look. Love the smile. A great example of the sort of person one sees on the street in Paris who inspires you quietly for weeks after. I only wish I could be bold enough to strike up a conversation with Garth if I ever ran into him on the rue.

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Yes, super agree!!!! I love it!!!

 

Anonymous MaxW said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Perfectly relaxed.

 

Blogger Jerry Glue said ... (1:51 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

In a one word "Sweet".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

that's funny....you look through your photos for inspiration.....i look through your photos for inspiration as well.....i absolutely LOVE your photos and am always so excited to see your new shots.....

 

Blogger hc said ... (2:46 PM) : 

smart that he kept all the internals a similar palette, allowing the focus on the accessories on jacket without being too cluttered.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

true, so true. brown is trust and comfort! so funny. but it works. he looks like a good man

 

Blogger NVA said ... (3:11 PM) : 

thankx for the advices...
i'll try it out too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Funny that you should comment on brown. I just purchased a cettu hobo bag in brown for my summer trip ... in addition, I took an older brown hobo to the leather repair store for some TLC ... I am all about brown accessories for the summer ... It is the reddish brown that I love best ... come to think of it ... my Gucci shades are reddish brown, too ... I love brown ... it is mellow and wholesome ...(By the way, the word verification has created a new term that I would like to associate with the color brown: purfyine!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Always been the biggest fan of brown and light blue...awsome!I'm SO copying his style tomorrow morning!

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Sometimes my husband is clueless about how to dress himself. He's been affectionately referred to as a "rock & roll guido." Sometimes appropriate, sometimes not. I will suggest browns layered with sun-faded colors. I think he'd be agreeable with the colors, it's the layering that he may object to. He wants to be a better dresser. He's just not sure who to trust.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

So fresh! This color combination reminds me when I was a little girl, I loved to put my light blue tights with my very severe "velours côtelé" brown skirt!

 

Blogger Maria said ... (7:05 PM) : 

sometimes i get jealous of how simple it is for a guy to look good.. like right now!

 

Blogger Matias - Organizador said ... (7:28 PM) : 

so classic, the brown is the perfection here, so I love the smart-smile he have. really good!


--

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

anyone know what style/brand those pants are??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

oh i love, love, love

 

Blogger marc said ... (9:19 PM) : 

LOVE this shot....modern & retro at the same time, perfect balance.

 

Blogger The Voguette said ... (9:28 PM) : 

he looks great! i love brown in the summer as well. love his smile =D


xox.
The Voguette

 

Blogger Riley Kücheran said ... (9:36 PM) : 

So effortless and chic, just great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

where can i find a jacket like that!!

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (11:10 PM) : 

chocolate browns, tanned skin, blue skies...definitely a great combination. alain delon and maurice ronet in plein soleil/purple noon, remember?

 

Anonymous mikr said ... (11:21 PM) : 

That jacket is a vintage McGregor "Drizzler" I'd recognize it anywhere - I have two, one a medium slatey blue and the other a rich oxbloody red. It's cotton treated with "Cravenette" so says the label. They have a slight sheen and a smooth hand. "Washable, durable, water repellent". I've had them for at least 15 years and they were clearly from the early 60s when I bought them in Seattle. I get compliments on them all the time - perfect Spring /Fall jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Nice guy, shame about the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 AM) : 

what brand/type of sunglasses?

 

Blogger crazy cat lady said ... (1:45 AM) : 

i love the smile :-) people should smile more or at least not look brooding :-))

 

Anonymous loyal again :) said ... (1:45 AM) : 

fine work as always. and thank you thank you for the balance in commentary/photo alone for this photo and the few before it! whether i had anything to do with it or not, it made my day :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 AM) : 

its all about burnt sienna in the summertime.

 

Blogger King of Gin said ... (4:18 AM) : 

I would love to know the make of this windbreaker - or at least one like it. Definitely awesome.

 

Blogger Susie said ... (6:12 AM) : 

I love everything about this look. Its perfect. Great smile Garth!

Susan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 AM) : 

he can leave the sunglasses and the watch that spoil his look

 

Blogger laura said ... (7:59 AM) : 

aww he looks so happy!! genuine smiles are the best accessory ever ever ever.

 

Anonymous Ruth said ... (8:09 AM) : 

Love the layering simple and smart

Ruth @ Matches

http://blog.matchesfashion.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:07 AM) : 

This is my first comment here. But I' m précising to read the blog every morning & I actually wait for your' posts!

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (9:11 AM) : 

i love his little knotted cotton scarf. such a great detail!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Yes, it´s almost summer. I cant wait!

 

Blogger Klumboy said ... (9:52 AM) : 

This jacket is really beautiful , i love the match brown-blue

http://klumboy.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Lazy P said ... (2:56 PM) : 

is that wes anderson sporting a new hair cut?

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Waiting for the summer...all the year.Nice picture

 

Blogger stålar said ... (4:59 PM) : 

like this look, all but the glasses. think I need to get a jacket like this, could see myself wearing it almost as well... if anyone got any pointers as to where I could find one, it'd be much appreciated!

 

Anonymous Andrew said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I really want to know what shoes he's wearing. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 AM) : 

Garth's style is always GREAT!!! Shoot him more please, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

just wear what you want, jeez get over yourself, just throw something on, it usually looks better than planning every detail...

 

Blogger patchoulistink said ... (2:05 PM) : 

xiu xiu's long lost twin icu

 

Blogger Un Monito said ... (8:19 PM) : 

Garth is so happy - Wicked sun-kissed style - Rock it, if you got it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 AM) : 

i really like to get that windbreaker.
so anyone knows what can i fine that one?? i really want to know.

 

Anonymous David said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Well, Just love the trousers and the little foulard and watch.

Well done Garth.

Loved as well the color discription of yours, shuch a sensibility!

d.cabane@hotmail.com

 

Anonymous Phillip said ... (3:56 AM) : 

Wow Garth second time i see you round the world... Great outfit,you must get your fashion sense from your home country South Africa.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting