This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Variation on a Theme, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 30, 2009

On the Street.... Variation on a Theme, Milano


The other day I posted a photo of Renata wearing this same type of sweater-wrap, skirt look. Apparently she made this her look of the Summer, and showed up to many of the shows in some variation of this theme. This is really making a look your own.

Comments on "On the Street.... Variation on a Theme, Milano"

 

Anonymous EMG said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I'm 99% certain that I bought those same Donna Karan sunglasses last week. Love her use of color, it really balances out the neutral skirt.

 

Anonymous Kristin said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I like this look, it's so effortless, unique and creative. Lovely colours too!

 

Blogger Violeta said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I love the colour combination! It's just so summer but without being all "flowers and happy colours".
haha

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (10:31 AM) : 

Great color combo. Understated and chic. Great shot.

 

Anonymous Hannah said ... (10:33 AM) : 

She looks amazing - I love the classical color combination. And the sweater looks unbelievably good. Very inspiring!

 

Anonymous Kiran said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Love this! Its simple, and variations are a buck in your bank. Money saver wardrobe you can say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

nice burst of colore. the wayfarer glasses fit well in her quirky/cool style

 

Blogger Hayley said ... (10:45 AM) : 

colorful. i like it (:

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (10:48 AM) : 

yes, yes it is. im afraid i can't say that in a good way, though.....
personally, im not a fan of her look. but hey-good for her!

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous mullos said ... (11:14 AM) : 

completely effortless and chic....

 

Anonymous Judith said ... (11:48 AM) : 

She certainly knows how to work a sweater and color! This inspires on many levels. I look forward to your book, Scott, which I have pre-ordered from my favorite, local bookstore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I adore this...what an inspired way to wear a sweater around your waist!

Directed several friends to the previous navy and green combo...brilliant.

 

Blogger ANna said ... (12:07 PM) : 

the sweater-wrap feels very Edie Beale (little Edie)... agreed the colors are nice.

 

Blogger american dream said ... (12:23 PM) : 

it is a talent or just a good stylist to but everything 2gether that beautiful.

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Great shot! It reminds me of a famous italian photograph.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Oh, she is so relazed looking and still keeps it damn good looking. It's like " I came straight from the garden, but I still look so good". And she does.

Ruhvana

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (12:48 PM) : 

I hope I look much like that when I'm her age.

I love her shoes and sunglasses, especially.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I was trying to copy her look, but something was wrong (the sweter was spinning in my waist)

 

Anonymous Ani said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I'd love to just spend the day with her knits...see what she has. I bet its a rainbow of colours! have a great day scott, ani x

 

Anonymous Ivy said ... (1:21 PM) : 

She's just... a goddess!

 

Blogger Dannie said ... (1:31 PM) : 

i looove it, she looks sooo chic and effortless

 

Blogger Anna Maria said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I like this look, but I think she needs a good bra

 

Blogger Nabster said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I'd love to look as good as her whenever I reach her age (guessing in the 50's?) : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

I love this! So many colors that go so well together!

 

Blogger BlumeBloom said ... (2:18 PM) : 

She is beyond lovely!
I would love to look that amazing at any time. Very inspirational

 

Blogger SOMETHING PICASSO said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Practical and interesting.

 

Anonymous Bombshell Kitten said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Fabulous color palette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

super, I love her!she looks comfortable and stylish in her own way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

this is so easy and inspiring

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (3:37 PM) : 

This screams me... I want every item that she is wearing...she certainly owns this look

 

Anonymous Cheryl said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Just love the way that sweater is wrapped!

 

Blogger nana tucci said ... (4:03 PM) : 

bonito!

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (4:13 PM) : 

What is it about the Italian aesthetic? This look would never have occured to me, but I will definitely give it a try!

 

Blogger Mod Paul said ... (4:32 PM) : 

She has this kind of Gypsy chic thing about her. Nice.

 

Blogger Mod Paul said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Nice Bangs Agne!!

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I like her sunnies.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

it's beautiful but I hope she isn't a one trick pony. I'd like to see what else she can come up with. . .

 

Blogger alexantha said ... (7:47 PM) : 

excellent colors and shapes! and look, flats!!! chic and original.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Her use of colour and shape is really accomplished, but I'd prefer a knee length skirt to keep the look fresher.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

it's wonderful but uncomplicated. it's really very cool.



stina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

German :)

Your blog rocks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Lovely use of bold sweeps of color,
in atypical combination.
Or is it?
Or is it merely...
the German flag flown upside down?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

it's like the ultimate marc jacobs collection

 

Anonymous lucinda said ... (10:31 PM) : 

I don't think I've worn a jumper around tied around my waist since high school but this is just so elegant!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Let's not forget that the light that Scott caught her in definitely contributes to the beauty of this image!

 

Blogger Rachel Anne said ... (11:05 PM) : 

I like it! Very Grey Gardens.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 AM) : 

While I enjoy all your photos, please try to post more "average" folks. I find it hard to feel a connection with the fashion-elite. This isn't directed necessarily at this post, but in general.

I hope that didn't come of as a criticism of the site - it wasn't meant to be. Just a request.

 

Blogger Gwen said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Nice mix of colors/neutrals, eclectic, looks comfortable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

I non like it for reasons which currently escape me.

Maybe it's because every second ostrogothic bogan with a mullet in Sydney wears a flannelette shirt or jumper around their waist.

Jesus almighty do I miss Italy!

-Pietro

 

Blogger matilda said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Today I was just thinking about the blue-green outift of Mrs. Renata and here she is with the red cardigan. She's my inspiration:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Is it a Prada skirt? I think I have the same one, only shorter.

 

Blogger Rita said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I'd love to see this look from the back.

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Love these colors. They make me happy!

 

Anonymous stefica said ... (3:29 PM) : 

i like the simplicity of the little straw bag and i love the skirt! not that into the sweater idea, though it does work and the overall color scheme works very well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

are her sweater arms really long? does she stretch out her sweater? try it! it is hard to wrap the arms around and tie! what's going on here?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

What a gorgeous woman! Her outfit is youthful and sophisticated. She looks so pulled together. Marvelous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Tried to copy this look but can't- did she step in the sweater, then tie it, or is it a sweater cardigan worn open in the back (like an apron)? This look is summer chic and flattering, would love to understand how her sweater arms got that long enough to tie.
My sweater arms were too short to pull off; tried it with a shirt too, no luck...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

love the assortment of colors, the sandals and straw bag are very cute.

 

Blogger hayleysherie said ... (1:09 AM) : 

oh goodness, i love her shoes! and that sweet little teal detail on the inside of the skirt!

 

Blogger CW said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Renata could be mistaken for Susan Sarandon, who frequently dresses like this.

 

Anonymous Daisy said ... (3:34 PM) : 

incredible color sense.
wow...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Wow! She looks awesome!!! Absolutely flawless!!! I love it all, and I want it all!!!

Thanks for the inspiration, Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I like. She looks like a Rothko.

 

Anonymous i said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Love the look, the colors and the femininity of the outfit. So inspirational.

Check out this new fashion networking site at http://www.senseofashion.com

 

Blogger Bibi in wonderland said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Renata is such a talented writer and she is so effortlessly chic.. we love her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

one of those "fashion at any age" notes. i love that this look is ageless, timeless, inspirational, and, because of the wearer, unique.

 

Blogger inari said ... (3:49 AM) : 

love the colour balance
and kind of natural attitude.

she looks like she's not meant to be fashionable, but actually she is.

I like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Wow, Beautiful! Now SHE has style!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Great combinations for summer, for her hair. The sandals are sweet.

 

Anonymous TC said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Great look, but she is in dire need of a better fitting bra.

 

Anonymous Bird of Light said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Comfortable & colorful!.. Forget the bra - she is evidently comfortable in her own skin...What more does one need to be attractive? - Very nice photo, of a chic lady

 

Anonymous Alexa said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Oh my! Gorgeous. The colors, the style. I want to be this woman. Now. Not in 20 yrs.

 

Blogger The Sentimental Bloke said ... (11:18 PM) : 

An extraordinary use of light. Gives it an 'old masters' look. The lady and her outfit contribute to the impression too

 

Anonymous Jessica said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Funny, I immediately thought of this picture by the Artist Bill Viola.

http://asuartmuseum.asu.edu/1996/viola/images/greet.jpg

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting