This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Summer Black, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 09, 2009

On the Street......Summer Black, Paris


It is so tough to make an all black outfit not look oppressive in the summer heat.

I think the subtle fact that Darcy has a very open neckline really makes her look feel more open and easy.

"Makes her look feel," that's a funny phrase. I think a lot of times we decide how much we like a "look" based on how it must "feel" to wear it.

Comments on "On the Street......Summer Black, Paris"

 

Blogger christinaooi said ... (11:01 AM) : 

chic!

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I agree, a the feel of an ensemble contributes to the look. the restricted proportions and lighter fabrics lend to the summer feel.

~stylethread.com

 

Blogger Ladybird said ... (11:09 AM) : 

All black is always a good choice. :)

 

Blogger Rachel @ The Haute Notes said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Beautiful lady! She looks so chic in all black!

I agree that the neckline makes this look more open and easy. If the neckline wasn't so open, it wouldn't look as good. And it definitely wouldn't look comfortable for summer heat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

she looks fantastic. each piece looks quality. simplicity of accessories make it look uncluttered. little makeup and hair back also allows the simplicity to work during the heat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

she looks beautiful!

 

Blogger Connie said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Just gorgeous! Love the all black look.

theheartbreakinc.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

love the jacket

 

Blogger J. said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I absolutely agree with your "look" and "feel" idea. I think fashion is a market of the emotions, but you out of all people would know that best :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:53 PM) : 

A general comment: I love when you write a comment under your posts. It is so nice to hear what you're thinking when you take these photos. That little extra personality makes the post more special.

 

Blogger Tristan said ... (1:57 PM) : 

It is about feeling isn't it? Sometimes i want to project what i am feeling inside to the world and fashion is a way of doing it. I work in the city so overall the look is, you know, blue, gray, black etc. They're great colours and make good bases but i like throwing in the yellows, greens and whites to project a little of personality without breaking the rules entirely.

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (2:11 PM) : 

She would look good in this beautiful outfit posing on black lava rocks next to crashing blue ocean

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I agree! That is funny you mentioned black in the summer. I plan on wearing black all year round....

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

we need to know what type of jacket that is! anyone know?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

You can never go wrong with black, it's a staple in my wardrobe

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I really like Looking at this!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I never consider how ensembles must "feel" to wear in your shots, I am purely judging on aesthetic!

I love this because all black here is simple and the individual items are unfussy. The sunnies are a perfect touch. I don't think she looks especially 'cool' (as in the opposite of warm) but she is casually elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

San Francisco in the summer, or anytime, for that matter, you will find all black like this. I think it is de riguer for any big city.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Amazingly good-looking! I feel the look.

 

Anonymous Sophie, the Barton Girl said ... (4:47 PM) : 

So true.

 

Blogger LAFriendly said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Beautiful girl ^^

http://www.facecritic.fr

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Love that coat, such a gorgeous outfit, love the way it drapes...

 

Anonymous claire said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I love black clothes in summertime. I never feel comfortable in pretty summer dresses so all my summer dresses are black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

This is interesting to me. I can NEVER understand how people can wear jeans or tight pants in the heat of summer! I see them and wonder...why??? I enjoyed your comments about look vs. feel. Interesting

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

I would wear this in a heartbeat. Casual, understated, effortless and elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

This is so chic and simple! Looks wonderful on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

The belt! The belt! I absolutely adore it. I like it how her make-up is not overly done also.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 AM) : 

Wow, such style!! I'd love to see her shoes too.... Sandals? Heels?? Ballet flats???

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (6:45 PM) : 

As long as I live, I will always love head-to-toe black; you just can't beat it!

 

Blogger Rael said ... (7:57 PM) : 

i love the belt loop detail. i hope there is jet pocket hidden under the belt loop. im not sure if its the lighting or what, but the subtle difference of the shade of black of her coat breaks up the monotony of the all black ensemble. im sure the textures are lost in the photograph. but one cant ask for the world and get it all, right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 AM) : 

Yeah I heard about Paris going black even in Summer(!) Sniff!..Ok,I lost my battle..Or maybe not! Watch out for a terrible backlash! Because in the end it's "contre nature" and defies common sense. Black absorbs heat when white reflects it and rejects it...It only makes sense if Summer is getting cold...but it's not, is it?

Xavier

 

Anonymous StylePicks said ... (8:39 AM) : 

I love this outfit.

 

Anonymous Bombshell Kitten said ... (2:16 AM) : 

Problem is she's going to attract a lot of heat, but the outfit is stunning.

 

Blogger Carissa Rose said ... (7:01 PM) : 

The cardi/jacket also helps the casual vibe with the rolled up sleeves and long length. Nice.

 

Blogger Z said ... (1:24 AM) : 

effortlessly chic

 

Anonymous ama said ... (8:48 PM) : 

love the sunglasses!

 

Blogger Trina said ... (4:50 PM) : 

She looks so effortless as for wearing black during the summer. ;]

 

Anonymous Le 21ème said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Black is the new Black

- 21arrondissement.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous rue said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Very Angelina Jolie-esque...

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (9:39 AM) : 

black and basic...

always chic!

 

Blogger marlisse said ... (12:57 AM) : 

<3 I love wearing all black or black with denim and this showed me a new outfit to try. I also want basic sunglasses i didn't know ray ban made the all black aviator..I'm a Fan!

 

Anonymous Carolina said ... (12:03 PM) : 

True!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 PM) : 

on point

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting