This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Erin O'Connor, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 25, 2009

On the Street....Erin O'Connor, London

Comments on "On the Street....Erin O'Connor, London"

 

Blogger Rosalind said ... (8:05 AM) : 

I love Erin O'Connors srtyle and I think this expemplies it. She always looks so classic and quintessentially british in style.
Love the oxfords,fower necklace and that diamond cardigan. Not forgetting the ornage bag too!
One of my favourite shots.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Irina said ... (8:08 AM) : 

love the shoes! and her pants remind me late 80s style.

 

Anonymous Michelle said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I do love Erin O'Connor - one of our best models and I love the fact that her style is so British.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (8:31 AM) : 

She looks wonderful. Love the orange bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Love the POP of colour! Made me look!

 

Anonymous Cecylia said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Trust the supermodel to dress in style. Her androgynous look really suit those man-style pants.

 

Blogger Matthew Spade said ... (8:38 AM) : 

shes just so striking and beautiful. what a cool outfit too, noice shoes

www.buckets-and-spades.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous myra said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Inspiring style, stunning combination with the colourful bag. Should cut my hair.......
Recommended for the second edition of the Sartorialist publication at Penguin Books!!!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (8:56 AM) : 

love the oxfords. much better for your feet.

www.fashionsnag.com

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Wonderful! The bag completes that outfit, even if it crashes with it. Those shoes remind me of those Comme des Garcons from a few years back. I guess once you buy CDG you keep it for life? If not, you should! Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Aye, chihuahua!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

very nice. the pronounced pleats on the trousers and the patent leather oxfords are classics. Just one little detail I don't think she should have considered and that's the clip-on round badge thingo. it cheapens the sharp and elegant look.

Pietro

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Love the overall look and the length of the pant but sorry, they end looking like a bad hemming job...sigh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

is it just me, or do the pant hems look poorly done. is that the intent?

 

Anonymous Katy McDevitt said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Absolute perfection. Immensely beautiful proportions, textures, colours. This is style and not fashion. And style, true style, will always trump fashion, because it is an expression of personality and as such, an act of generosity. I think so. Delicious and memorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

A beautiful haircut for a beautiful face.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Love, love, love. I love the touches of masculinity and feminity. She looks great!

 

Anonymous Julie said ... (9:36 AM) : 

love it, love it! exactly my style

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I LOVE every single item she has on!!! I want it all...I have used her hairdo as inspiration in my beauty shop...She is a super star in my books ;>)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I'd forgotten about Erin. She looks as stylish as she ever did!

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I love her hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I like this a lot - except for the shoes, which everyone else seems to like! However, I'm not sure what style of shoes I would like better with this. Any suggestions?

Once someone else pointed it out, it does look like the pants are hemmed with something temporary.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Now that's style! Style that makes me want to walk up to the person and ask them out to lunch. She's fascinating.

 

Blogger Natalia | Look-A-Porter said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Oh, she was wearing this outfit on GMTV last week and made it look incredibly chic. She is just such a special gorgeous model. Love the bright bag, such a beautiful happy statement.

 

Anonymous Artful Ruminator said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Love the bag - does anyone know where it's from? Cheers!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:45 AM) : 

im in love with this girl
she and her melancolic look, makes me want to feel sadness one more time---
she also has a kiera kn. look too..
btw she could use something of this:: http://www.mercedessalazar.com/new_en/necklaces/601-my-enchanted-forest-necklace
kiss kiss
Su

 

Blogger Kathy said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I also love Erin and this perspective on femininity. When you mostly see long hair, stiletto heels, short skirts, etc., this look is so refreshing. You know, I have 2 pairs of Donna Karan shoes like this from years ago that I haven't worn in some time but that I've thinking about lately. I think I will now pull them out of the closet and start experimenting with a new look. Thank you for the wonderful image!

 

Blogger Shannen Norman said ... (10:56 AM) : 

loooooooove it.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (10:59 AM) : 

in the words of Edna Woolman Chase(I have it written on the wall of my closet):
"Fashion can be bought. Style one must possess"
How true it is - and this lovely person has true style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Another one of these lovely flower necklaces. I am making one of my own with some silk flowers, ribbon, and an old chain. I love the top half of this outfit *especially the diamond cardigan*, but not a big fan of the shoes/pants combo.

x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Funny how a bright colored bag goes with anything. Love her shoes.

 

Blogger Marta R. Gustems said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Lovely!
Great style 50% trend 50% personal

 

Blogger diane said ... (11:24 AM) : 

The outfit is great, the haircut is the frosting on the cake.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:26 AM) : 

She is definitely a style icon...

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Her haircut is perfect.
And I love the baggy trousers with the flower necklace.

 

Anonymous Fred said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Wonderfully put together. So simple, so elegant, so relaxed - effortless. Nothing contrived here.
Thank you Erin.

 

Blogger jonathan said ... (11:39 AM) : 

The stuff around her neck looks like something she found in her fireplace this morning. Maybe it would look better if the shirt were buttoned up? The pants and hair look sloppy, too,as mentioned before. Glad she's not pigeon-toed. The best part is her wistful expression. That makes it all right and her beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

How beautiful is this Irih lass... Great style .

 

Blogger Lolitta said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Love the necklace!\\http://loveyourfabulousself.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

The bag has a life of its own~!
Yes~!

www.graceinstitute.org

 

Anonymous Coronita said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Adore her and love the composition here. Especially the punch of orange. Making me wish I had picked up the orange Coach bag on HauteLook the other day after all :-/

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Flat out perfect!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (2:49 PM) : 

she has an old fashioned classiness.
the kind you don't see much today.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (3:05 PM) : 

Great combos. Very Brit-looking in a contemporary way. The bright red bag reminds me of their old phone booths.

Her hair is great for the shape of her face, but I almost didn't want to dwell on the image because she looks so sad.

 

Anonymous Sophie, the Barton Girl said ... (5:22 PM) : 

How much more beautiful can one look? I ask you.

 

Blogger Mimi and Tilly said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Erin looks so beautiful here. Very relaxed. I love her bag and necklace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

i don't know what's happening at the hemline of her pants. everything else she is wearing is rockin' my bells!

 

Blogger  said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I saw her when she was in dublin !
really like her shoes and cardi

 

Blogger CW said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Beautiful woman stole some man's tuxedo oxfords. That bird-style necklace or top under the sweater also doesn't work. The trousers, sweater, bag and purse do.

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (6:58 PM) : 

love.period.

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (7:09 PM) : 

love how the red pin/crest on her sweater and the orange bag just pops! beautiful.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (7:32 PM) : 

The perfect mix of androgyny, britishness, and never dowdy...love the orange bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 AM) : 

Love the pop of color her bag gives the outfit!

 

Blogger test said ... (3:10 AM) : 

this is great. geeky-androgyny. i love her hair.

http://alectonyx.etsy.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

The pants hem looks like the bottom of a bubble skirt. I love it! As a sewer, I look in your photos for little touches I can incorporate into my wardrobe. Bubble-bottom pants are in my future. Very chic. Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

The bag is Mulberry:

http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5583/3984/category/

I have the same one in grey!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I love it, too. The pants and shoes practically make me sigh with relief. As a 40-year-old woman, even though I have a good figure, I struggle with so many of the pants and heels combinations out there. (For example, why does the Barney's jeans bar carry no models of trouser-style jeans? It's nuts.) This looks so comfortable and stylish.

 

Anonymous NoWam's said ... (3:57 PM) : 

love the necklace with everything!!! (wish i know where is it from).

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (10:59 PM) : 

Is this a Michelle Jank necklace?!?!?!?! I reallllllllly want one!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 AM) : 

The trousers are just terribly unflatterng. But I like the necklace and bag; a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

The necklace looks like one from Accessorize. She's not Irish, though her name is!

 

Blogger Beth Ruby said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Love this lady, she is so graceful and as shown here her style is impeccable.

 

Blogger revacoop said ... (8:21 PM) : 

This looks great on her, would work on no one else -- you have to be as beautiful and statuesque as this, and most of we mortals aren't.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:24 PM) : 

why, she's magnificent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 AM) : 

she rocks!

 

Blogger Sunshinemom said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Stylish! My first visit to your blog. I came here looking for designs for my daughter's gown. Am I glad I googled:).

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I would wear this without hestitation. It's great.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (8:46 AM) : 

The first woman in flats I've seen on this site yet. But of course she has to be barefoot. God forbid women be seen wearing socks and comfortable shoes.

 

Blogger Jules, London said ... (3:58 PM) : 

The bag is very high street, something that you might pick up cheaply in Top Shop. Great clash of colour popping there. You'd have to be pretty tall to carry this look off but it is perfectly Erin. I love her hair in this shot. It seems perfectly matched to her outfit. Very androgynous around her stunning angular face. The patent shoes are perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

would love to know where to buy the exact same shoes. any clue about the brand? thanks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 AM) : 

love her pants !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 AM) : 

I love seeing her in a non-Marks & Sparks pose - her true beauty shines through.

:D

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting