This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Luxborough St, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, September 21, 2009

On the Street....Luxborough St, London

Comments on "On the Street....Luxborough St, London"

 

Anonymous crevette said ... (2:09 PM) : 

very nice bag!
and i love the jacket...

 

Blogger Pronto. Calcei said ... (2:10 PM) : 

i loved the bag. strong sholders!

 

Anonymous aTreasuryOf.com said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Would look just as perfect on a man as it does on her - all of it, the blazer, jeans, bag.

The blazer might even look better on a man, in fact.

Cool look!

 

Blogger FashionHippieLoves said ... (2:19 PM) : 

wow she looks stunning!!

X

 

Blogger Anita Puksic said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Perfect jacket!

Peace and love!

 

Blogger F.S said ... (2:28 PM) : 

nice outfit, super simple but still attractive!
F.S


www.inspiredbyfs.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Natasha Gregson said ... (2:29 PM) : 

I love how she works the blazer, it looks really cool, and I love the bag too! You are a great photographer!

www.thenatwalk.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Mischa Barton's better-dressed twin.

 

Blogger Roman Dennis said ... (2:30 PM) : 

that bag is like heaven i want it


www.fashionwhatsnext.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous ptitecourgette said ... (2:36 PM) : 

so perfect !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Looks super comfortable!! Love this look!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Looks super comfortable!!! Love this look!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

perfect, but i wish she was wearing chunky heels or distressed leather boots

love the shoulderpads

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

fell in love with the jacket! where is it from? and also the bag, the shoes :)) any idea?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:49 PM) : 

i love the blazer and bag, casual and chic...

Cindrella

 

Blogger tree said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Is that jacket by Comme des Garcons? Looks like the print from one of the collections earlier this year I think, I missed out on a pair of jeans which had the same one on the inside hem....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

How oddly sexy. The bangs are stupendous. I love the cuffs too.

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (3:14 PM) : 

elegant androgyny

 

Blogger Alicja said ... (3:14 PM) : 

I like the rolled up sleeves, in my opinion this make the whole look more feminine, even though she is wearing baggy trousers & wide arms jacket.

 

Blogger CW said ... (3:20 PM) : 

The subject's square bangs pick up the squareness of the jacket. The bag is pretty. However, somewhere in Greater London, a used-car salesman is missing a jacket.

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (3:24 PM) : 

that's a great looking blazer!

 

Blogger robinson said ... (3:24 PM) : 

the jacket would look absurd on a man.. great on her.

 

Blogger meraldia said ... (3:29 PM) : 

I like her bag!!

 

Blogger B3PA said ... (3:33 PM) : 

love her hair that seems coordinated with her bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Blue 42! Hut! Hut! Hike!

those are some mean shoulder pads.

My sister loves them. Her outfit is definitely something she would wear. Which is a compliment b/c ma sister has awesome fashion sense.

thesunlightdistrict.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:35 PM) : 

this is such a great look! i think i'll copy it very soon ;)

 

Anonymous Hazoon said ... (3:40 PM) : 

love her style... she looks amazing!

www.gojiboutique.com

 

Blogger Jess-Gab said ... (3:41 PM) : 

I love that outfit, but I don't really like the shoes she is wearing!
anyway..she is lovely

 

Anonymous Martyna said ... (3:44 PM) : 

great bag.This women look so sure and i think this is this"something" of all look.

 

Blogger Thomas Modeen said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Miss old Marylebone Hight area - its style and ambiance...

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (3:51 PM) : 

reminds me of francoise hardy in the 60's quite a bit. cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

face is beautiful. jacket just a TAD too large on top. looks like she's going to tip over..

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Fabulous blazer, very constructed!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

That's how we all dressed back in Argentina during the late 80s - early 90s.
I see this big blazer trend coming back and I'm thinking that it's always a good idea to never trash your good but outdated pieces of clothing; eventually, you'll use them again!
And I'm loving the bag.

 

Blogger Ivy Lane said ... (4:05 PM) : 

love her hair! She needs a pair of aviators! Otherwise...super cute!

 

Anonymous Mats Nielsen said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Haha cool, I live just down the street actually. No, I dont, that was a lie, but I walk by there very often, like every day. Found the exsact place on google maps. Heres the link

http://maps.google.no/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=no&geocode=&q=luxborough+st+,+london&sll=61.143235,9.09668&sspn=15.891763,57.084961&ie=UTF8&ll=51.521169,-0.154025&spn=0.00031,0.000871&t=h&z=21&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=51.521259,-0.15404&panoid=Bx7ssHUcawYKwuHmzRM2tA&cbp=12,243.74,,1,4.48

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

This picture has settled my mind.

I am now absolutely certain that shoulder pads are never, ever okay.

 

Blogger Clemmie and Melroy said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Oh come on you have to redo the book signing in London! I mean WHAT WAS THIS QUEUE?!!??!!!

 

Blogger B a la Moda said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Love that jacket although I have tried big jackets on myself and don't work on me really.

xoxo
B* a la Moda

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Doesn't she know any walk would be complete with her. Yes~!

www.shorewalkers.org

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

I really love jacket-bag-jeans combination. Don't like shoes so much anyway looks great. Thanks for this photo.

 

Blogger bisou-joue said ... (4:25 PM) : 

That is such a great printed blazer !!

 

Blogger Amalia said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Love, love, love it! The perfect trans-seasonal, casual outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

This is a "boyfriend jacket"?I like it,and i love her bangs too.I love that bag,i love the color,where can i find her bag?

 

Blogger Serg Riva said ... (4:51 PM) : 

the bangs and the cuffs created by the roll-up are icing on a boxy cupcake.

The interstitial space between the garment and the woman is the essence of all drape. Here we have no flow - but we do have drape. A refrigerator's worth of cool boxed into the space where some man's shoulders and waist normally reside. Even the boxy denim trousers point towards the hidden shape beneath. Agreed re: the bag. Great color.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:00 PM) : 

Just got back from the book signing in london, it was fabolous, 5 mins with you that were well worth the 2 hour weight!
I really hope to see you again, you're such an influential and inspiring person.

 

Blogger Daša Lončarević said ... (5:03 PM) : 

love the jacket!

 

Anonymous Anni Hall said ... (5:14 PM) : 

The colours in the jacket are perfect for Spring! She looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

the bag, love it, love it. anybody? who made it?

 

Blogger Wallace Chapman said ... (5:44 PM) : 

That is one cool jacket. love the sleeves rolled up styles..worn with attiude.

http://www.idealindreamers.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Ye, you def have to redo the book signing! I barely missed it.. PLEASE, come back.

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (6:02 PM) : 

on anyone else, this outfit would make you think 'goodness, cant they afford new clothes? or do they all wear daddy's hand-me-downs?' luckily, she can pull it off beautifully!

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

This reminds me of my entire look through high school in the mid-80s. Nice to see it's back in style again.

 

Blogger sofiasophie said ... (6:14 PM) : 

for me, she represents the typical preppy NYC girl!

 

Blogger teresa said ... (6:18 PM) : 

If she and I were at the store together when she found that jacket (especially if it was at a second hand store), I would have jumped on her and tried to take it from her. I would just have to have it and from the way she's looking, like she just *owns it*, she would too. And she's probably bigger than me so it would be ugly. Security would be called.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

love it, looks extremely cool!

 

Blogger Neezy said ... (6:30 PM) : 

So subtle...

heartofayoungdynamic.blogspot.com

heartofayoungdynamic.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I second the comments above about your London signing. The queue was something else! I wish I'd managed to sneak in.

Next time, perhaps you could make it easier on yourself and do two sessions?

 

Blogger Friend in Fashion said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Really like this!

 

Blogger Friend in Fashion said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I really like this!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (6:45 PM) : 

the bag is nice!

check out my jimmy choos at www.fashionsnag.com

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (6:59 PM) : 

I love this look been there done this and ready to do it again...Back in the day this was me!!!

 

Blogger Bell said ... (7:09 PM) : 

she is wonderfull girl, all in her is beuty.
I like too.
regards from spain

 

Blogger trinity said ... (7:14 PM) : 

I love her bag! And I like it with her shoes. Totally relaxed but put together.

 

Blogger ... said ... (7:26 PM) : 

great casual style and love the bag!





-disney in space
-fashion & cartoons
-Marc J
on
http://siqlogic.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Amy said ... (7:27 PM) : 

I love the outfit. I'm not sure on the shoulders though.

 

Blogger GZ said ... (7:36 PM) : 

I have a shirt in the pattern of this jacket (similar, in any case), and it is wonderful. And I tend to wear it rolled up with a white tee and blue jeans... seriously! This is a great look :)

Grey offsets against a bold colour often work very well, and I'd like to see more colour variations.

 

Blogger GZ said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Pretty good. I would have gone for another jacket personally, but his works reasonably well.

And I would iron my pants too, since it only takes a few minutes and makes things more crisp. I know there's a difference of opinion ironing, but for me it's quite important.

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (7:49 PM) : 

The bag - I am IN LOVE with it. Wonderful. I too am interested in knowing where it's from.

Love her outfit!

 

Blogger ANIK said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Very cool! So relaxed! Love it.

www.montreal-instyle.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

Very nice blazer. I have a similar blazer made by Moschino mid 90s from their Cheap 'n Chic line which I still team up with white pleated linen slacks in summer.

When I wear it,
everyone is like: "WOW!"
And I'm all like: "That's right."


Pietro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Looks like Mischa Barton!

 

Blogger misohungry said ... (9:18 PM) : 

This outfit would have looked so much cooler if she had been wearing super skinny cropped jeans with heels, or a tight short skirt with boots, to balance out the volume of the jacket. Right now everything on her is just oversized and baggy. Would have been better to balance out the volume of the jacket with something slimmer on the bottom.

 

Blogger glow owl said ... (9:31 PM) : 

JANE BIRKIN, anyone?

j'taime!

 

Blogger dy of ghost said ... (10:02 PM) : 

she looks really cool!

 

Blogger Keir said ... (10:04 PM) : 

Her clothes do not fit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

The shoes are by lacoste.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:17 PM) : 

I like the bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

All I can think of when I see her jacket is the really big blazer David Byrne wore in "Stop Making Sense". For him it was part of his performance, so he could get away with it. On her, I'm with the commenter who compared it to a used car saleman's garb. A bit far over the line between fashionably oversized and just plain silly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

that is a myspace pout. the jacket is awesome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Love the whole outfit; super amazing even the shoes are okay, but I don't like the shoulder pads. I love, love, everything else.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

She really works the jacket, worn any other way it would look unfortunate

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (12:20 AM) : 

I like the jacket pattern, but I wish it were a bit more fitted for her. Her frame seem to get lost under those big shoulders.

 

Blogger 4life said ... (12:25 AM) : 

This has to be my favorite look on The Sartorialist so far.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (12:55 AM) : 

IM LOVIN IT!
GORGEOUS LOOK!








XX
CHICMUSE
NEW!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:07 AM) : 

I like the fabric of the jacket, but not its shoulder pads.

Purse and sneeks are great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 AM) : 

mind the shoulders!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 AM) : 

Perfect London casual. It actually makes her look BETTER

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 AM) : 

Agreed, I find her gaze somewhat affronting. It is as though she's stopped in her tracks 'cause there's a bus-full of tourists wearing board shorts and flip-flops. Compare this to the smile of Yasmin Sewell.

Anon 10:47 PM, can I have permission to use "myspace pout" for future commentary? Or have you copyrighted it? I know someone owns the rights to "myspace trout pout" and he's making a lot of money.

PIETRO

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:14 AM) : 

Johanna Shimkus in 1970 ! Wonderfull !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, INSPIRATION....

www.therichhomeless.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I love it!
Love the way that all colors go together.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (10:13 AM) : 

She looks really great. Super jacket!

 

Anonymous Kris_pas_fash said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Jacket is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I've been trying to remember to throw on some of my old blazers, and this is inspiration.

The effortlessness of this look contrasted to the over-blown nature of the gentleman below reminds me not to OVERdo it (which I tend towards!)

 

Anonymous Style Odyssey said ... (11:07 AM) : 

i seem to be in the minority here...the shoulders are just a wee bit too large for her frame. otherwise, it's a great look. still, i can't get past those too-huge shoulders...

 

Anonymous yora said ... (11:40 AM) : 

bag i think is from bimbay and lola - although i could very well be mistaken. bought something v similar in paris in the summer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

That's a London "bird" from the late sixties. So pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

The bag's from Lola and Bimba Spain, i have got it too and love it!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

London "bird" for sure, remembers Jane Birkin's style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Shoes look like Bensimons--my favorite! Love this look. To those saying she needs skinny jeans, the look is supposed to be easy and relaxed, not done up! Love love love.

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (7:53 PM) : 

I am in love with this, it's very Urban Outfitters.

 

Blogger abby jenkins said ... (9:47 PM) : 

wow, what a flashback! I would bet that jacket is vintage and the bag looks familiar...all in all fabulous look overall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

i love this outfit...! she looks fantastic. she looks comfortable, stylish, and i would dress like this everyday if i could....

 

Blogger Orsibabba said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Simple.Bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

The Bag comes from BIMBA & LOLA by

a spanish designer called

Rosa Corredoira,

she´s a talented girl who drives the

bags department of this company.


www.bimbaylola.es


SPAIN

 

Blogger Karly said ... (2:06 AM) : 

I love her hair...

Wonder if she was at all influenced by 'The Loosely Tailored, Paris' March 2008?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Are the shoes lacoste? I was going to say they must be the understatedly-cool Superga Torinos...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I love the clothing and bag, though I think this outfit is really made for a girl with more curves. Why put a tomboy look on a girl with a tomboy body?

still love.
x

 

Blogger hippie_cyndi said ... (8:52 PM) : 

wow!

 

Blogger "coy" colleen said ... (5:22 AM) : 

too box-y for my taste

http://vianacoke.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:07 PM) : 

I love this outfit. The jacket is so pretty. This looks like something that I would wear to run errands on a Saturday with my kids or meeting the girls for brunch.

 

Anonymous Lennox said ... (5:05 AM) : 

I used to work with this girl at Erdem, how weird. She's beautiful, stunning and has such a great style. Very modern Sloane. Love it.

 

Anonymous Deedee said ... (7:44 PM) : 

i LOOOOVE the bag!

 

Anonymous Philippine said ... (11:20 AM) : 

perfect haircut

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting