This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Charmer, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the Street....Charmer, Milano

Comments on "On the Street....Charmer, Milano"

 

Blogger Tim said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Nice colours, but I don't find it very flattering on her

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Ahhh, you can feel the warmth of the sunshine and her bright smile. Love the relaxed attitude of the dress and that necklace is fantastic!

 

Anonymous StreetstyleNews said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Yeah, very pleasant!

http://follow.StreetstyleNews.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Not sure what you are seeing here. Dress is too big, bag is too big, necklace is too big. Cute face though.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Maybe because I'm American, I LOVE seeing color!

 

Blogger Mele said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Nice bag!

 

Blogger Miss Red said ... (9:47 AM) : 

wonderful colors!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:49 AM) : 

love that colour with the bold beads !!

 

Blogger RECIEN LLEGADA said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Nice PINK¡
Happy and fresh¡
Kisses:

DELIA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

radiant. everything about her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

So charming...

 

Blogger James D said ... (10:05 AM) : 

the first thing i noticed was the gold watch.

 

Blogger anna kim said ... (10:08 AM) : 

aww she looks so sweet

 

Blogger Jack said ... (10:08 AM) : 

not a fan

 

Anonymous caley said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Great smile! An underrated accessory.


twitter.com/lavernita

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:11 AM) : 

with all the people that you meet, is life still just as exciting every single day?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

The watch, the shoes and the perfect lively smile makes all the difference...

 

Blogger Lisette said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Delightful!!

 

Blogger the nickel fit said ... (10:16 AM) : 

refreshing not to see a belt like most do with these dresses. keeps it natural and relaxed.

 

Anonymous sis said ... (10:17 AM) : 

it's ok.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I'm prty sure that's a Timex watch, s0 cute.

 

Blogger Mairyliscious said ... (10:31 AM) : 

i love her dress and watch !

 

Anonymous Lucia said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Its a pretty summer look on a pretty charming woman, but I think everything is too big, the dress, the bag, the necklace, even her hair is a bit too much, and I don't like the shoes at all, but anyway it works on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

beautiful color! and love her necklaces!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

She reminds me a bit of Margherita Missoni

 

Blogger j said ... (10:56 AM) : 

great colour & charming smile, but the dress' fit does nothing for her figure

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Gorgeous smile! She is definitely a charmer =)

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Carmen said ... (11:04 AM) : 

The necklaces are so cute with the bright pink dress, love it.

Carmen.xx.

 

Anonymous Sylwia said ... (11:04 AM) : 

love this...

someone in flats - at last! :)

 

Anonymous Nina said ... (11:06 AM) : 

is a Casio watch, or very similar

 

Anonymous VICKY said ... (11:12 AM) : 

THE LOOK IS PERFECT!

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Wow, is it still that warm somewhere? Great smile and the color looks nice on her. Love the purse - anyone know what brand it is?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

love the color and the dress. the shoes are not so cute... :)

http://shonwer.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Mar said ... (11:22 AM) : 

I really love the colour of the dress, and the necklace is amazing :) I love the hair of the girl too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

First, the dress greatly accentuates her hips and distorts her shape. That is not good. Second, the shoes cry sensible, middle-aged, blue-collar German woman named Helga. Third, the neckwear cheesy and there is way too much of it. Finally, the gold-tone, old school digital watch should be reserved for other attire.

 

Blogger Geraldine said ... (11:25 AM) : 

this outfit looks wonderfully comfortable

 

Blogger Honeygo Beasley said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I'm glad to see someone who is not stick thin, someone athletic looking. Also white sandals in October - that's brazen. Of it all, I like the necklaces. That's what drew me in. Overall, odd outfit for fall. But if it was a hot day, I'd say it was seasonal retro and nice!

 

Blogger Rachèle said ... (11:34 AM) : 

That color looks great on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Marni total look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Nice smile, sweet girl, perfect colours BUT PLEASE : throw away that terrific shoes!!

monegasque@email.it

 

Blogger  Relics by Tami said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Love her look, especially the jewels!!
www.tami.relics@blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I can recognise her: she's Marni's Consuelo Castiglione's daughter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

I Think she is Carolina Castiglioni (MARNI).....
I love this family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

The shoes and bag more than anything else here, awesome! And though they aren't heels, I don't think thye look dowdy at all. In fact, I think they loook very high-fashion, Marni? Love them.

Energie

 

Blogger bárbara crespo said ... (12:11 PM) : 

wawwwww, beatuful girl!!!

http://elblogdebarbaracrespo.blogspot.com

 

Blogger by Sutton said ... (12:20 PM) : 

This is a casual relaxed look, perfect for sight seeing, going to a film, or running errands. flattery is overcome by bright hues, statement necklaces and interesting shoes. She wasnt going for a look that screamed "check out my shap", it was fashionable function with ease... and a smile.

www.stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

@jena 10:56 AM said...
"great colour & charming smile, but the dress' fit does nothing for her figure"

am i the only woman who - some days of the month - just wants to wear something comfortable, not figure hugging, in fact not hugging one inch of my flesh?

are we - all the time - to wear figure flattering outfits?

 

Anonymous Edgar C said ... (12:26 PM) : 

this cutie looks like one of those hippies in the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial from the early 70s -- complete with the retro/vintage digital watch i've been trying to find on ebay :)

very nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

She is the lovely Carolina Castiglioni. Daughter to the owners of marni( father is feautered regularly on this website)

 

Anonymous Humberta de Oliveira said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Nice

Humberta

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (12:44 PM) : 

She is very put together...I love love the bag and love love her necklace...I need both for me!

 

Blogger Antonio Barros said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Lovely smile!!!


thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous desertwind said ... (12:52 PM) : 

It's such a refreshing look. Something in this look reminds me of old-style easy-breazy American sportswear (with a Euro twist).

I LOVE THE SHOES. They're a little "old lady" and that's all the more fresh about them. I'm so tired of sky-high heels.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (1:03 PM) : 

I don't think this and some other summer photos we have seen,were taken today or yesterday. I think Mr. Sart has been saving them.
Lovely smile on this girl - her outfit leaves me cold.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

You're torturing us with shots of sunshine and sandals!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I lover her bag!

- 21arrondissement.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Those sandals make the entire outfit

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (1:23 PM) : 

No matter how well dressed one is, there's nothiing more attractive and charming than a happy face a confident attitude.

 

Blogger Ammu said ... (1:33 PM) : 

So elegant and playful - it's a hard combination to pull off but she manages very nicely. Love the retro watch too!

 

Blogger dy of ghost said ... (1:47 PM) : 

so cute and refreshing!

 

Anonymous Peps said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Yes, she's sweet and all, but the outfit has got to go! She looks like my mum on the way to visit my grandmum in the nursing home!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

So refreshing ! Casual shoes, spruce dress and cheerfulness. Great !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Beautiful dress and necklaces yet hideous shoes! Why those sandals??
X

 

Blogger j said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Woah Anonymous.. I'm definitely not knocking the baggy/loser-fitting look. I rock it often enough. This particular dress- to me, not saying anyone has to agree- enlarges her hips on what is most likely a very gorgeous frame.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (2:12 PM) : 

Beautiful necklaces. I like the white accents.

http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

She looks very fresh, but I'm not a fan of the shoes... they remind me of Crocs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Looks like a girl dressing up in her mother's clothes.

 

Anonymous Tobias Sweden said ... (2:25 PM) : 

I love the bag. Where is it from?

 

Blogger C A said ... (2:44 PM) : 

She doesn't look like an italian, at all; maybe new yorker. I say this because of the outfit and the shoes, it's not italian style ;)

Link me
@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous maki said ... (2:46 PM) : 

I like most of the elements in and of themselves, but together, not so much. The color pink and the huge mothballesque beads remind me of middle school girls in Claire's. I have nothing wrong with flats or sandals, but these shoes don't do it for me- sort of look like those terrible Crocs trying to be mod or something. I don't mind so much that the dress is loose; I think that look can be worn well, but it misses it a bit here. She is cute and I feel like I would want to be here friend though! I admire someone for wearing such boldness...even if it doesn't quite work!

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Love her necklaces and the bright pink!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Rosie said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I love those crazy shoes...they look kind of like sporty peep-toe oxfords?

http://rosieshaheen.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Is that a golden digital watch or a yeloow plastic one!!!??? I can not diferenciate but I like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Happy people,

This woman looks like a woman that is not some 'so and so' in fashion with that I-know-Sart look that so many people featured on this blog have. She looks like a nice and normal, healthy, charming woman who I would see at a cafe chatting with her friends or waiting for a tram. Big up Melbourne trams:) I personally love the fact that you can see that she has hips and calves and she isn't trying to necessarily look like anyone else. Her dress, her necklace, her bag and her shoes that I wouldn't rock but that she rocks well....it all looks like its part of her. And it is. This real woman looks effortlessly and dangerously chic.

Sart when are you going to Africa to shot some fashionistas there?

Zim Butterfly:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

@ jena

then I guess I should take that response also as a Freudian slip:
"I'm definitely not knocking the baggy/loser-fitting look."

looser, maybe?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

I don't know about this. Lovely girl but with the access to primo quality threads she obviously has I do not think that the flower-power look is what she should pursue.

Pietro

 

Blogger tiramisuk said ... (4:33 PM) : 

The daughter of Consuello is lovely but as many people said, her look is not flattering.
When I saw her, I really watched her watch and I thought her is Casio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

My first thought was what's with the sandals? But after a few seconds, I soon realized they went well with her necklace. A refreshing look.

 

Anonymous vicky said ... (5:15 PM) : 

the look is perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

does anyone know where the bag is from? loves...

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Such a gorgeous colour! Love her dress and huge bag! :)
xx

 

Blogger IMAGINA said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Her watch is a CASIO Vintage Colletion.
Very cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

love her bag ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 PM) : 

LOVED IT!

 

Anonymous Carlotta said ... (7:26 PM) : 

maybe i'm the weird one but....i loved the outfit until i saw those shoes...really? they look as swimmingpool shoes... it's such a same, as the colourful outfit was really good...

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (7:29 PM) : 

i love her pink dress

 

Blogger misshannie said ... (8:38 PM) : 

In agreement to other comments; this dress may not be the most flattering and the shoes may be too "sensible" but I still can't get enough of this woman's outfit. The colour is stunning and the interlinking of the white and black accessories just tie all the pieces together. Altogether I find this outfit striking.

blueskiesanddaffodils.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous noah said ... (11:25 PM) : 

I love the accessories, especially the necklace. It must be an original Lori Leavitt!!!



http://www.lorileavitt.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Love the vintage golden casio watch... but what happened with the shoes ?

 

Blogger Susie said ... (6:50 AM) : 

I love the color of her dress. I love how casual it/she looks. I love the cute jewelry. Beautiful smile and hair color. A very fresh girl.

However like many others I feel everything is a bit too big. Those shoes may be comfortable but I don't think they add anything to the look.

Someone asked if other women like to have a casual day every so often, not have on form fitting clothing, high heels and the answer is of course. I love those days... but I have a few cute, straight summer shifts that I wear when I feel that way. This dress actually seems larger at the hips and distorts her lovely figure.

 

Anonymous marni girl said ... (10:35 AM) : 

She is daughter of Marni's designer.
I love her Marni necklace.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (11:10 AM) : 

The bag is on Marni''s website in gray - the one in the photo looks black... - and of course, not cheap. Oh well, time to wait for the sales again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

hey..I have a watch that looks exactly like hers but is silver...Mine is Casio and it was pretty cheap if I remember corectly... I loved the vintage look of it but my friends keep laughing at me because is childish, they say...

 

Blogger rockstarbabu said ... (4:42 AM) : 

hiiiiiiii
wonderful colors! Beautiful smile and hair color. A very fresh girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I love her necklaces !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

American college kid on vacation in Italy! Very cute!

 

Blogger laweezil said ... (6:12 PM) : 

A gorgeous, comfortable, individual, chic girl! She looks so relaxed! I love all of it. (But the dress wouldn't do me any favours!)

 

Blogger Mad Mogs said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Face is screaming Americana in jeans and the ensemble seems to be wearing her. However she has chosen her pieces beautifully.

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (11:20 PM) : 

i like the color of the dress on her, but the shoes don't appeal to me.

 

Anonymous misshoax said ... (10:47 AM) : 

sometimes marni girls are hard to understand. and carolina comes by it naturally... and looks totally unique because of it.

side note: i want the bag, SO much.

 

Blogger The Blasphemous Fiendess said ... (5:54 PM) : 

It might not be the most flattering dress shape and yet most of the reactions people have is that she looks great, sweet, cute, happy and her smile is full of genuine happiness that it is infectious. It doesn't matter that the dress is shapeless, her true colours are bright and lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Originality from head to toe...I loved it all!
She is definitely not a fashion slave. Genuine smile!

 

Anonymous Ashleigh said ... (3:17 PM) : 

what a beautiful smile

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 PM) : 

Cute,reminds me of Ali McGraw back in the day.

 

Anonymous Danielle Jacobs said ... (5:05 PM) : 

I love this bead necklace! You can make a DIY version by using the beads from my site, Foxy Findings (www.foxyfindings.com)

Be Foxy

Danielle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I think her watch is a TIMEX 80! definitely love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

Gorgeous girl going for a cute, almost childish look. I think she got into her grandmother's closet and is playing dress-up. She actually pulls it off!!!!

 

Blogger Delphine Clemmons said ... (10:21 PM) : 

love that Marni... got it in violet... The look is effortless...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting