This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Commerce St., Dallas

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, October 26, 2009

On the Street....Commerce St., Dallas


I was so impressed by all of the cool people I met on last weeks book tour.

Young, old, rich, less than rich.

In D.C. they kept saying, "Wow, I've never seen so many fashionable people in one place in D.C."

My only regret is that I didn't get a chance to shoot more of the people at the events.

However, I did find two people that may end up working for me in the future (I always have my eye open, even if it's not behind a camera).

We will be announcing some new tour dates shortly, and we are looking for the right partners to host an event in Boston and Philadelphia soon (while Garance is in town).

I can say right now that it looks like I will be taking my first trip to Madrid and Barcelona very, very, soon.

Thanks again everyone!

Comments on "On the Street....Commerce St., Dallas"

 

Blogger vinda s said ... (10:39 AM) : 

her outfit is very beautiful and classic! i also love the way you captured her very beautifully. thanks for posting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

rich, right

 

Blogger Megan Vandervort said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I can't wait for some Madrid pics! GREAT style there!!

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (10:41 AM) : 

This is a wonderful shot. Her outfit it gorgeous. One of my favorites. You will love Spain, I think. I would love to hear which city you prefer. Most people I talk to who have been to both prefer Barcelona. I loved Madrid more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Spain is just waiting to you, my friend! A don´t forget you don't have to choice between Madrid and Barcelona.

 

Anonymous Pollydollydoodle said ... (10:48 AM) : 

This girl looks amazing.......love the mix of the feminine lace dress with the classic DM's and the essential trench........effortlessly cool!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Make sure while in Barcelona you stop in Santa Eulalia. It is one of the coolest stores I have ever been in. Really well curated and the woody-minimalist design creates a comfortable shopping environment,

http://www.santaeulalia.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Can't wait to see you in Madrid!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

please come to indianapolis!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I'm sure you will see many beautiful people in Barcelona. I live 4 hours from there, so I wont get to buy and get a signed copy. Amazon is my friend I guess :)

 

Blogger jack bespoke said ... (10:56 AM) : 

love the combination, she looks like she walked straight out of a fashion editorial! slouchy boots, rolled up sleeves. fantastik

bespok.com

 

Blogger miss twinkletoes said ... (10:58 AM) : 

lovely! Please come to chicago!!!!

www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger kittenmasks said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Delicate and rugged. Love.

Come to Atlanta!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Well, I love her shoes! Sense, yet the feminine color and bare legs are just beautiful. And so 2009.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

¡Finalmente España! Barcelona and Madrid are two completely different cities, but equally gorgeous in their own unique ways. Can't wait to see what you find there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

love her!

 

Anonymous Cheryl Santos said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Hi! even though your book is not yet in my country, you should consider come to México City.

Including me, you have lots of fans and people that admire your work, what better excuse than a book tour to meet México and the very fashionable crowd.

Greetings.

:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

beautiful...


come to Atlanta!!!

 

Blogger StyleSpy said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Speaking as a Texan, "fashion" in Dallas, such as it is, is a dodgy prospect, so good work spotting this lovely girl. Are you sure she wasn't a ringer?


http://closetaltar.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Aline Dahl said ... (11:16 AM) : 

her outfit is just perfect!

 

Blogger justbecausefashion said ... (11:17 AM) : 

awesome pic,

gloria

xxx G&L

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Looking forward to seeing you in Boston!

 

Blogger El Aristócrata said ... (11:23 AM) : 

If I can give you a hand with your Madrid presentation do not hesitate to contact me.
EA

 

Blogger anna kim said ... (11:24 AM) : 

what qualifications do you look for when you hire someone to work for you?

 

Blogger V said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Dear Sartorialist,
Please come to Portland! I believe you would be very welcome, indeed.
Fondly,
V

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:26 AM) : 

NO WAY!!!! you just made me happy! are you really coming to my city? finally after begging you sooo much! You and Garance are simply going to have the time of your lives in Madrid, you'll see the city is full of life

Can't wait to know dates and place to be

And forgett about sleeping or resting here

Much love, marina from Madrid

 

Blogger Sarah M. said ... (11:28 AM) : 

nooo you can't come to Boston while I'm at school in Indiana (how ironic)! But if you must (and I do suggest that you do, the only possible event partner that I can suggest that retains the class of the city with the right infusion of modern style is Louis Boston. The store is also housed in a fantastic piece of architectural city history!

Also, Bobby from Boston.

 

Blogger Susana said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Welcome to Madrid whenever you want ;)!

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (11:29 AM) : 

The Doc Martins look great with the delicate dress.

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (11:29 AM) : 

What a beautiful photograph! I love the feminine lacey dress paired with a classic trench; yet it's offset by the hard boots. I love it all!

It was a pleasure meeting you in San Francisco--I had a good two minutes of bliss! The photo I took with you is on my blog, and I wrote about it as well! Here is the link if you're interested (http://thestylistadiaries.blogspot.com/2009/10/35-hours-lateri-was-in-sartorialist.html)

Any chance you took pictures of street fashion in SF? I have never seen so many well dressed people in SF than in that line of people waiting to see you. I was so proud that day!

xoxo,
Victoria

 

Blogger ELVIA said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Amazing outfit/picture!

I hope you do visit Houston, TX :)
xx.

 

Anonymous grizzlesnort said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Speaking as a former Texan who has lived in many places, fashion can be dodgy anywhere. But you can find beauty anywhere if you have the eye for it as this blogger clearly does.

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (11:31 AM) : 

great picture... I like the way her coat is. Let us know when you go to Spain, and of course, back to Brazil! Will you be doing a book signing in Rio de Janeiro? I will be so glad, because I already bought my book in the internet, I'm just waiting my friend to come back from EUA with it!! Can't wait!

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I LOVE HER BOOTS AND HER JACKET :0

 

Anonymous tisciislove said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Love the coat with the lace dress.

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Can't wait to see you in Boston!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

madrid!!??? great!!! we'll be looking forward to having u here!!

 

Blogger oLO said ... (11:45 AM) : 

We are waiting for you!!! Viva España!!!

Sevilla, the coolest city.

 

Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Gorgeous shot- love the hard edge of the boots with the soft white dress.

 

Blogger Patrulla said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Yeahp! You must to come to Mexico, City. The strident mexican colour´s sense is waiting for your shoot.

Congratulations for find new places out, not everything is Paris or NY in fashion.

 

Blogger María D. Valderrama said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Madrid will be pleased of your visit! Hope you have fun in your trip to Spain

 

Blogger stells and co. said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Such a nice picture!

http://stellsandco.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Edgar C said ... (11:51 AM) : 

madrid and barcelona are awesome.

people are so unselfconsciously fashionable there.

can't wait to relive my visits in your photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Yay!! You're coming to Boston!! yay!!!!!! I get down to New York a lot from Boston and I'm always hoping to spot you. But now I'll know where to find you!

 

Anonymous Ruth Moore Davis said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Wish you would come to Houston. We would love to host a book signing party. Check out our website.
www.foundforthehome.com
Love your work.

 

Blogger Marie El. said ... (12:03 PM) : 

are gonna make it scandinavia at some point? we want u here too!

 

Blogger Kevin Tailored said ... (12:03 PM) : 

ATLANTA!!

ThePocketSquareLunch.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Any information regarding the Philadelphia visit? When? Why?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

What's up? Please come to Chicago. Some of us are looking really good here... myself in particular, oh and my friend Joshua! So you come and we'll represent! Until then keep doing what you do! Thanks.

J.T. Evans

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

yes! boston! please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

YAY! I am from Dallas! I am so glad you photographed there. Ppl have great style with a hint of southern inspiration.

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- two girls livin in nyc and chi blogging all things fashion

 

Blogger Noelle said ... (12:08 PM) : 

beautiful photograph, I love her trench.
Come to Philadelphia!

 

Anonymous tracy said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Tell us when you know your Barcelona dates - we'll be there! ...Do I have to wear heels?...:-)

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (12:12 PM) : 

She looks effortlessly cool.

And you will love Madrid and Barcelona!

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (12:20 PM) : 

You have such a fun career!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Barcelona has the most originally crafted styles in the city, can't wait!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Come to Montreal...

 

Blogger Liz said ... (12:31 PM) : 

to me, the way she has styled the outfit says "I am not ready for this rain, and I don't want to be wearing this coat!" I totally empathize!

 

Anonymous Nuria P said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Finally!! I hope you´ll enjoy your trip to Spain, it´s a pity that I live in Tenerife, Canary Islands, but I´m glad that you´ll see spanish outfits. "Saludos!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

madrid and barcelona, the place to be. lack of your childhood. it´s a joke

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

The boots are tacky! Love the coat though and the shot.

 

Anonymous M. R. said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Feel free to come to visit us in Spain.
It would be a pleasure to have you here.

 

Blogger Fany said ... (12:49 PM) : 

First, sorry for my english it is not good, I am spanish and I hope you´ll enjoy your visit to Spain, I expect to be able to do an elopement and to know yourself in person, because I don´t live in madrid not in barcelona. You blog is for me the best of the bloggesfera fashion,
Every day I look at your blog and enjoy reading your post and seeing your photos

Kisses from spain

 

Blogger rhai♥laborte said ... (12:49 PM) : 

She is so pretty! The clothes really match her entire personality. Oh, btw I love her boots!

KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Madrid and Barcelona love you !!!

JRF RED

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Love this outfit.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

You'll welcome to Barcelona, the best city to live in the world! We wait for you.

 

Anonymous Diane said ... (12:57 PM) : 

So happy to see someone stylish from Dallas on the blog . . . I'm from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. It's a big place with all sorts of people and styles. We're not all blonde, siliconed, and covered with labels. StyleSpy, why the self-hatred? :)

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (1:05 PM) : 

You will DIE in Barcelona! The women are beautiful with their tan skin, shaved heads, lip rings, long braids and even wider harem pants. Sartorialist's heaven.

 

Blogger Nouvelle Fag said ... (1:19 PM) : 

funyn how the docs + pretty dress has been so overdone yet she still manages to pull it off! gorgeous

 

Blogger Ruth said ... (1:20 PM) : 

oh my god. ingenious combination of lace and trench! *woot!*

 

Blogger Mikey McFly™ said ... (1:20 PM) : 

I love this site! I pick up alot of tips from you... Thank You

Mikey

www.mikeymcfly.com

 

Blogger Jen said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Please come to Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

come to Boston!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Really cool.

JRF RED

 

Anonymous Em said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Excited to hear Boston dates are in the works!

 

Blogger amalie said ... (1:40 PM) : 

gorgeouus. i like how she is all elegant with her tranchcoat and then she makes it so rockin with those shoes.

 

Anonymous g said ... (1:47 PM) : 

this picture made me want to play the song "somebody loved" by the weepies for some reason.

 

Blogger Crystal said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Woo Hoo! So happy to see Dallas included on your blog. Hope to see more!

 

Blogger agatiszka said ... (1:58 PM) : 

What a fabulous combination....

agatiszka.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Natasha said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Fantastic hi & low with the lace and the Doc Martens! Bravíssimo!

 

Blogger Agnieszka said ... (2:06 PM) : 

What a lacey rebel! Beautiful shot.

 

Blogger Sydney said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I was so immensely disappointed that I didn't get to go to the signing in Dallas, I live there but am currently away for school. This photo is gorgeous!

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (2:37 PM) : 

this is so perfect

I could DIE

twice

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I'm liking the short hair/short dress/long jacket. She looks like a cool chick.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:41 PM) : 

hot damn dallas. love the mix of texture/proportion/tone, etc.

 

Blogger SK said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Would love to help out with anything in Boston!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

I love her outfit so much! beautiful.

 

Blogger in this economy said ... (2:47 PM) : 

yes, please - come to Boston with Garance

 

Blogger Pascal Grob said ... (2:50 PM) : 

don't you have any interest in coming to Zurich, Switzerland for once, maybe? :)

 

Blogger Dajda said ... (3:01 PM) : 

I want that white dress! Is there any chance of seeing a bit more of it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Cannot WAIT for you to come to Philadelphia!!! Hurry!!!

 

Anonymous Edgar C said ... (3:08 PM) : 

cool doc martin color

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

YOU ARE WELCOME TO MOSCOW!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

lovely mixture. she epitomize personal taste and her style is all right.

xx

 

Blogger arthur gaffuri said ... (3:36 PM) : 

please come to brasil more!
everebody here loves you!
and don´t forget to take a trip to
BELO HORIZONTE, my city!
cheers from here!
YOU ARE GREAT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Please come to the Midwest! Also, Spain is incredible. Madrid and Barcelona are amazing but the South is where the traditional Spanish culture lies. Granada is great for its youthfulness and Sevilla for its elegance. If you ever have a chance to make it to Southern Spain, don't hesitate to go!

 

Blogger sofia guiotto said ... (3:48 PM) : 

I love barca!!!! there so many place u should go! look around for small restourant ... they have wonderful fish!

 

Blogger Marla Singer said ... (3:49 PM) : 

wow! she has a cool style! love the boots paired with the coat! <3

 

Anonymous garciamadrid said ... (3:52 PM) : 

yes, you can see looks from Spain in this blog

http://garciamadrid.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

yes come to barcelona! you will love it!

 

Blogger Clara said ... (4:04 PM) : 

like it! but i would change the shoes if I wore it

 

Blogger JiaoJiao said ... (4:21 PM) : 

ahhh....maybe it's time for me to get a beige trenchcoat.

Boston! It would be awesome if you come to Boston!

I go to a little engineering college near Boston, so I guess I can't really help with hosting the event.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (4:23 PM) : 

If only Asheville, NC was on that list.

 

Anonymous Daniel said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Come to Austin!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Oh if you're in Philadelphia you should host at G lounge or Rae!

 

Blogger Jess said ... (4:34 PM) : 

The colors in this are amazing!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Come to Chicago! the second city! Barcelona is fantastic, cant wait for the pictures

 

Blogger foongfest said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Wow, this in Dallas. That's awesome.
I love how there is so much to learn from and appreciate about people outside of the really 'fashion forward' cities like NY, London, Milan, Paris etc.

Now, where is she in Houston? :)

 

Anonymous Cristina said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Come to Amsterdam!!

 

Blogger !Tb0n3! said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Did I hear that right??? boston??? Please come quickly!!!

 

Blogger Perfection Begins said ... (5:20 PM) : 

This picture is just georgous! I love everything about it, perfection !

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (5:22 PM) : 

you will love barcelona and madrid. I remember meeting an old man there that was so kind to help us out with directions. he was very stylish in his grey suit!

 

Blogger Ofelia Botella. said ... (5:25 PM) : 

beatiful picture!
you are going to love madrid, it's fantastic, and sunny! you'll love it!
http://thepencil-filledmug.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Reilly said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Great shot! I'm a native of Dallas and never would suspect a fellow Texan to be blogged about. This young lady in particular does a good job of showing what it means to be a Texan through style. The rugged, worn doc marten's remind me of the ecstacy done in Deep Ellum in the early 90's, her lace dress could have been stolen from her mother in Highland Park, and the effortlessly cool trench screams Bishops Arts District.

 

Anonymous Dharmishta Rood said ... (5:33 PM) : 

I would be happy to help you host an event in Boston, I recently got my masters at Harvard and am learning my way around Cambridge and Boston, and could connect you to various venues to have an event.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Hope to see you and Garance in Boston

 

Anonymous Lisette said ... (5:52 PM) : 

It will be interesting to see what your lens captures in both Madrid and Barcelona - hope to have the chance to meet you (both?) in the latter!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Please come to Sao Paulo!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

YES TO BOSTON!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Hope you can come visit Montreal! Not a long flight from Boston...you and Garance are most welcome to our fashion forward city! xo

 

Blogger Luke said ... (6:16 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger fashion & beauty now said ... (6:21 PM) : 

You must visit the cool people in Madrid!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:26 PM) : 

About damn time you shoot someone in the South.

 

Anonymous Lisa said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Ooh, come to Valencia as well! I missed you with one week in NYC, would like to not miss you this time in Spain!

 

Blogger talberal said ... (6:31 PM) : 

I am raising my hand and waving it around eagerly to help you find a spot in Boston to host a signing. I will most DEFINITELY be there, even if you've got someone on the job already! Also, this picture is stunning -- definitely increasing my itch for a great pair of worn-in red docs.

Can't wait!

www.thestylesaurus.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

BOSTON!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Come to Portland. Please?

 

Blogger Maritina said ... (6:44 PM) : 

MADRID!!! BARCELONA!!!! SPAIN!!!

I can´t believe it!!!!!

Please, please, come soon!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:50 PM) : 

A little extra info about those Madrid+Barcelona trips is welcome.

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (7:23 PM) : 

Stunning outfit! I really enjoy the wet street.

 

Anonymous Susan said ... (7:37 PM) : 

=O I'm absolutely in LOVE with this look!

http://mushitushi.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

Finally, the Sartorialist is coming to Boston! I am a high school student stuck in suburbia and The Sartorialist is my favorite blog on my long list of fashion blogs that I read daily. See you in Boston!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

YAY for Madrid! So cool! I didn't expect you were coming! :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:56 PM) : 

I shall be awaiting your coming to Boston, Massachusetts! This event I will die to get to! Can't wait to see you here! Please post the dates with anticipation and where it is going to be at! My copy is waiting to be signed by "The Sartorialist!" Now I am jealous! If I were not 15 I would so die to work for you..or with you. Whatever the case were, it would be an honor, but sadly I cannot even consider a job now. I love this shot like I like all the shots you take of people and anything.
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ginalaideonthegypsydrift said ... (9:04 PM) : 

C H I C A G O ! please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 PM) : 

Absolutely amazing shot...perfect from top to bottom. Being from Dallas, I would love to see more style just like this. I hope this is one of the lucky ones you would consider for a position, seems like she knows fashion/art. I'd keep her around for sure...

 

Blogger Heather Taylor said ... (9:49 PM) : 

I own that slip that she is wearing! Haha, you must come out to California one of these days!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Barrio Salamanca and Malasana in Madrid. Period. These are opposites - yuppy and hip neighborhoods but will be everywhere you need to go for photos.

 

Blogger a.flower.at.fall.of.frost said ... (12:40 AM) : 

Please come back to Texas. Book People in Austin would be the perfect place!

 

Blogger Gleopatra said ... (12:42 AM) : 

she's sort of amazing and mesmerizing. fashion can only go so far.

http://gleopatraofdenial.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger C A said ... (12:46 AM) : 

There are two things very interesting in her look: first, the mixing of the raining coat with the "for Summer" dress (also the color of the dress); it was raining and she was walking down on the street wearing a Summer dress but also wearing winter boots as well. Cool hein?!

PS: come to Portugal, I think I can get you some partners (like Louis Vuitton in Lisbon) for signing books!

 

Anonymous Keri said ... (1:03 AM) : 

u and Garance make such a cute couple :) i've always thought that u two look alike, no?

 

Blogger Hawa said ... (1:10 AM) : 

she is my long lost twin with better skin....as for style it seems we are the same! love it!

 

Blogger J. Magdalena said ... (1:22 AM) : 

She knows what she's doin'. Atta girl!

 

Anonymous Stephanie Guzman said ... (2:04 AM) : 

I am SO excited you're going to Espana! I have been waiting for this and can't wait for the photos!

 

Blogger anna said ... (2:15 AM) : 

she got it so right; i love the docs with the lace, the slight awkwardness with which she is photographed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

N E W Z E A L A N D! Come and say "Hi" :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Oh this shot is AWESOME and so inspirational to me. Her look is similar to mine - love all the elements, but especially the long trench over the feminine dress and of course the hair. Beatiful. A favourite!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 AM) : 

Thank you very much for coming to Spain!!!! I really hope you find us warm and amusing! Out there they say we are fun...just hope we get to be glamourous enough too! i also hope you are able to shoot Cayetano Rivera, a spanish bull-fighter who really has it:

http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/enimagenes/2009090741cayetano-armani-600_g.jpg

 

Anonymous Gabriel @ Chicisimo said ... (7:11 AM) : 

We should organize an event / meetup with the fashionistas here in Madrid or Barcelona, we'd love to! Would you like to discuss? Gabriel

 

Anonymous Lupe said ... (7:37 AM) : 

How good it is that you're coming to Madrid?? Finally! Is Garance coming too?

I can't wait to say hi - it's a pity that (I guess) there's almost no time to talk in this kind of events, but I'll be very glad to meet you in person - and to find out that I'm not the only one in Madrid who reads this blog.

Lupe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Looking forward to seeing you here in Spain! I'm sure you'll find a lot of cool people here!

 

Blogger wiley said ... (8:40 AM) : 

please, please, please come to boston....my book is lonely for your signature.

 

Anonymous lim101 said ... (8:54 AM) : 

wow!!! you'll be in madrid?? can't wait!! :D

 

Blogger custom people said ... (9:42 AM) : 

It´s about time you come to España! I am curious to see how you capture us and where you find your subjects, specially in Barcelona. Buen viaje!

 

Blogger G. said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Really looking forward to your Philadelphia appearance! Rae is closed, but there are plenty of other venues that would be great for your event (e.g. Joan Shepp, Ubiq, or any of the art galleries throughout the city). Can't wait!

 

Blogger Helen James said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Lovely image, I like the way you are adding more text to your blog. You sound so eloquent and heartfelt x

 

Anonymous luarosa said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I wish you'd come to Brazil with the book tour!
I bet you'd find someone else who could work for you: ME ME ME
haha

 

Blogger Karen said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Please make the Boston book signing happen!! I would take a day off work to come by with my book! :)

P.S. It's nice seeing photos of people in lesser photographed cities.

 

Blogger nothing sweet about me said ... (1:18 PM) : 

come back to new york! preferably a day I don't work! last time i was working =[

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

I'm waiting for you in Madrid (where i live)!!! You have lots of fans in Portugal (where i'm from)too!

besos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Madrid is better than Barcelona... and Salamanca is the most beautiful town in Spain!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

You can do the signing at Barney's Co-Op in Philadelphia!

 

Blogger Gratistotal said ... (3:18 PM) : 

have a good spanish trip! we are now expecting!

 

Blogger El Klabra said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I'll keep an eye on the blog to be aware when you're landing here in Madrid!!!

From a guy who is learning a lot from you last years, with my all regards,

Luis.-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

The way you posed her has a lot to do with the success of this shot. You can easily see the maxi over mini and get the details of the coat - which I am in love with! Of course, she wears it with flair, it probably would look blah on someone else. It almost has a Marlboro Man look, you know, trailrider but that's toned down with the lacy dress and Doc Martens. I also love the glance, glare? Not my first impression of a Dallas girl but lovin' it.

 

Blogger Ricardo Gomes said ... (3:56 PM) : 

love it!

 

Blogger sdfljslkdj said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Striking shot. I love a lady who can wear a trench coat well and this photograph seals the deal of that.

Yes, yes...I would be looking forward on future updates on your book signing in Philly!!

- Vanessa
http://asliceofretailheaven.wordpress.com

 

Blogger C* said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Really? Madrid? I can't believe it, I've been dreaming with it for a long time!!!

I was doubting if to buy the hard cover book or the other, but if you are able to arrange a book signing here I will not doubt any more!

And if you need any help of which places to visit, just tell me! I would suggest you some that I hope you would like!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Oh, I can't wait for you to come to Philadelphia!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Come to Madrid for your book tour! I used to live in DC, and have missed you the last two times you have been there. I would love to see you in Madrid!

 

Anonymous Iria said ... (6:04 PM) : 

OOMGG!! u coming to spaain??
I'm so excited! :)
will you be signing your book?
please don't forget to tell us the dates. :)
Iria.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Really?! You are coming to SPAIN?! This is great news... better start thinking about what to wear in case I pump into you!
Love this photo - love her attitud!
¡Hasta pronto!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

I'm so happy to hear that Boston is on the list! And with Garance, too, couldn't be better!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

yes, please come to boston please! we will be waiting with baited breath!

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (7:58 PM) : 

you are a talented person and anyone who would work for you is in for a treat.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Please come to Tokyo!

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (9:47 PM) : 

kool outfit!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:18 PM) : 

PLEASE COME TO PHILADELPHIA!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Sart,

When are you scheduling Fort Lauderdale, Florida?

 

Blogger Sara said ... (11:11 PM) : 

She is so captivating! I keep coming back to this...

 

Blogger Marissa Putri said ... (2:30 AM) : 

lovely pict.. nice look. oh and please come to Asia! Jakarta or Bali please..... I'm a big fan of yours from Indonesia

 

Anonymous Gemma said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Soooo excited to hear you´re finally coming to Barcelona. You´re gonna love the city!!!

 

Blogger Caroline Lindsey said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Ha! Too funny...I saw this girl at the signing in Dallas and thought, "Oh, she looks so Sartorialist-y, I could totally see her on the blog"....and here she is!

 

Blogger nothingness said ... (12:03 PM) : 

likr wht shes wearing!!!!

www.jetblackdye.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Loudserenity said ... (1:06 PM) : 

i will be first in line at your stop in Philly!!!!

 

Blogger Rosa said ... (1:39 PM) : 

omg the sart in barcelona???!!! Im going to have spend 2 hours getting dressed everyday JUST in case! are you doing a book signing or some sort of event?? or will you just be hiding round corners ready to snap all the hipsters? also be careful, this city can be mean! :-) (but we are all lovely really) xxx

 

Anonymous exuberate said ... (1:47 PM) : 

This is one of my favorite of all photos...the toughness, offset by the softness - even daintiness - of her sliplike dress ...the frankness of her look, and all of it gets more power from the setting - Dallas ( I have never been) feels mysterious, and of course, so different from your other city shoots.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Love the combination of the soft dress and coat and the rough boots. Very nice!

 

Blogger gina said ... (11:31 PM) : 

Come to Chicago and bring Garance!

Love this girl's look. The boots really make the outfit.

 

Anonymous MadPostal said ... (4:06 AM) : 

I love this outfit! Great heavy leather boots with a cute lace dress. Brilliant.

 

Anonymous Qualis Artifex said ... (8:40 AM) : 

she's very cute!

 

Blogger Pastoral Urbanite said ... (4:15 PM) : 

I walked through the line with this young woman at the Dallas signing. Believe me she completely owns this look. The outfit and she both give the idea that she cares what she looks like, but that its more for her than you.

Excellent photograph, amazing girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

She's probably a UNT student or from Denton .... ;) Doc's are sooooo N. Texas!

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (7:13 PM) : 

She looks great! Please please please come to Montréal...it's like a European city only in North America!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 AM) : 

urban outfitters dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

You are coming to Madrid!!! WOW. I'm so excited!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Barcelona! I traveled my first time overseas(at age 38) to Barcelona this past May. Wow, I about cried at the individuality! Can't wait to see your photos! Husband and I are going to Paris in two weeks. Your shots are inspiring!

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (12:44 AM) : 

haahaha! thats is soo true! DC is not really a "fashionable" city when comparing it with NYC or Paris! But i must say that Capitol hill people get it in! There is so much style on the steps around the senate and house building.

love everything you do!
god bless!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting